Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,013 members, 7,821,549 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? (34722 Views)

Adieu To The Great Madiba / Burial Details of Madiba of South Africa, Nelson Mandela -Died At 95 / Adieu Madiba, Gone Too Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by morpheus24: 11:31pm On Dec 16, 2013
^^^

So BLuIvy na Botswana!

No wonder she dey mention SADC!

Tshewww!

3 Likes

Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by Adamskuty(m): 11:36pm On Dec 16, 2013
morpheus24: ^^^

So BLuIvy na Botswana!

No wonder she dey mention SADC!

Tshewww!
all this boto-boto boto will love to get attached with S.a grin well,do u know that there's no water in that country town,they depend On s.a for water and power (330 MW).

I'm doing more research on this newly discovered town filled with sand grin

3 Likes

Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by paniki(m): 11:51pm On Dec 16, 2013
LOL
Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:21am On Dec 17, 2013
Lol, it's adamskunky, the rabid dog. This guy just cracks me up. So much nonsense comes out of his porous behind..
Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:31am On Dec 17, 2013
Humblebygrace, why did you delete my post? What did I say the broke any of the 21rules? Please explain or are you that trigger happy?

Maybe this moderator thing is getting to you. Please just explain what did I say

2 Likes

Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by 14(m): 4:50am On Dec 17, 2013
Botswana should be the one complaining, this country suffered a lot, they were bombed so many times. The apartheid regime accused them of hiding ANC comrades. But they were not given time to speak, and they are not angry about it. But a Country as far As Nigeria, which is like 8000km away want a special treatment. Nigerians, if you do not wake up from this illusion, you will be doomed. I promise you. Focus more on building your country and stop acting like a baby crying for a candy.

Countries that paid a heavy price for supporting ANC and PAC, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania, Botswana, Angola, Mozambique, Swaziland, Lesotho, Ethiopia, Uganda, not all of these countries were given tiime to speak, but they don't complain like Nigeria. If you have checked, majority of these countries don't need VISA to enter SA, but Zimbabweans do need VISA, ask yourself why. Zimbabwe Never played a role in fighting Apartheid, actually they were working with the regime in exchange of money and cheap Electricity.

Nigeria on the other hand was at war with itself, military rule. Do you think a country in that state could be ble to assist a country as far away as SA and forget about their problems they had in the country. Nigeria did not future anywhere in the fight against Apartheid.

3 Likes

Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by 14(m): 5:08am On Dec 17, 2013
Outside of Africa, countries that put more pressure to the apartheid regime were Russia, Britain, Cuba. Although margret Thetcher once label Mandela as Terorist, but that country housed a lot of freedom fighters, the likes of Oliver Tambo, Thabo Mbeki, Hugh Masekela, Mariam Makeba, just to mention a few. They were very intrumental in bringing down the regime. USA didn't play that much role, actually they wete busy investing in a Racist state, they had to be forced to dis-invest. Then you will ask yourself why was Obama given an opportunity to speak, I think for Obama it was just a Personal appretiation rather than thanking America. He looked up to Madiba on a personal level. Guys, chill, maybe you will get some recognition in MALI and Ivory Coast some days, when their presidents die

5 Likes

Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:16am On Dec 17, 2013
1,2:
Botswana should be the one complaining, this country suffered a lot, they were bombed so many times. The apartheid regime accused them of hiding ANC comrades. But they were not given time to speak, and they are not angry about it. But a Country as far As Nigeria, which is like 8000km away want a special treatment. Nigerians, if you do not wake up from this illusion, you will be doomed. I promise you. Focus more on building your country and stop acting like a baby crying for a candy.

Countries that paid a heavy price for supporting ANC and PAC, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania, Botswana, Angola, Mozambique, Swaziland, Lesotho, Ethiopia, Uganda, not all of these countries were given tiime to speak, but they don't complain like Nigeria. If you have checked, majority of these countries don't need VISA to enter SA, but Zimbabweans do need VISA, ask yourself why. Zimbabwe Never played a role in fighting Apartheid, actually they were working with the regime in exchange of money and cheap Electricity.

Nigeria on the other hand was at war with itself, military rule. Do you think a country in that state could be ble to assist a country as far away as SA and forget about their problems they had in the country. Nigeria did not future anywhere in the fight against Apartheid.

Really tell these people, they are starting to irritate the heck outa me. You turn this side "SA not greatful, payback time, we liberated them, we sent them clothes and food, we trained their MK, We sent soldiers" what nonsense is that. When other people died on the frontline. I think their problem is they dont document thing but tell stories and stories get exergarated from.one person to other, then they choose to believe that. Batung!

To show that they are talking from misinformation they will start including Zimbabwe and Somalia to have helped SA when both these countries decided to work with the apartheid regime when Botswana, Swaziland and Mozambique were on the reciving end, getting bombed left, right and centre.

Where were they when Mugabe arrested Thabo Mbeki when Mbeki tried to slip into Swaziland for a meet up with his comrades? It took that old man Kenneth Kaunda to go beg Mugabe not to give Mbeki over to the SA goverment but him over to him( Zambia)
Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by paniki(m): 8:35am On Dec 17, 2013
My bad.
Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by Adamskuty(m): 9:03am On Dec 17, 2013
But sincerely i dont know why some nigerians dont have common sense undecided . Who is even the idi0t that posted this topic.. U don't help someone to get favour back in the future.

The retardeen, Jonathan is falling our hand grin

uhhmm uhhm (clears.throat)

now back to aperthied struggle.

Pls can any any "southafrican" pls i mean southafrican not a boto-zombie grin grin grin grin from a tiny village, can y'all tell me why nigerian is considered a frontline state?

"i Need answers ASAP" undecided

3 Likes

Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Dec 17, 2013
Horus: No!, South Africa is not ungrateful to Nigeria. Yes Nigeria fighted against apartheid in South Africa but why wait for something in return?. Doing what you can do to help a friend without expecting anything in return is service. But if you expect something in return for a service to a friend then this is not friendliness, this is Business
. Wat da fuq? Fighted you have killed me.

2 Likes

Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Dec 17, 2013
i actually dont blame any country who doesn't have respect for nigeria. see the way our leaders disgrace us every were with some of its citizens common cotonou here dont like nigerians. wen we fix our problems we will have our respect

1 Like

Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by Lilimax(f): 2:54pm On Dec 17, 2013
kadas-01:
We shouldn't blame South Africa for being ungrateful to us!.....Sincerely, we should blame our citizens who have given Nigeria a very "bad image" outside our shores!....#fact#
Well said!
Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by NadiaSA1(f): 2:58pm On Dec 17, 2013
Kwasuka loko
Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by NadiaSA1(f): 3:01pm On Dec 17, 2013
We are very grateful
Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by bodsibobo(m): 3:02pm On Dec 17, 2013
Reading though all the posts and having lived in Johannesburg for 7 years and gladly back to Nigeria, these comments are really unfortunate and funny at the same time!
Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by packman: 3:04pm On Dec 17, 2013
[size=20pt]SO WHAT ARE YOU NOW

PROVING............................

ABEG GO SLEEP YOU

ARE SUFFERING FROM HARMATHAN FEVER grin grin grin grin grin
[/size]

Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by bodsibobo(m): 3:06pm On Dec 17, 2013
actually dont blame any country who doesn't have respect for nigeria. see the way our leaders disgrace us every were with some of its citizens common cotonou here dont like nigerians. wen we fix our problems we will have our respect

Well said 100%. Respect is earned not forced!

The whole of Africa and the whole world disrespects Nigerians. Why? Our corrupt and thieving leaders! Chikena!!
Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by babaireti(m): 3:08pm On Dec 17, 2013
paniki: Naijas are narcissistic people who will never come to accept that they are not as important as they think they are.

The people who spoke at the memorial had no relation with ANC or helped them in any real way, they only got given the platform because they are the IMPORTANT people of our times. Sorry but Naijas don't feature on the list of important humans. You can drop a nuke that wipes out all Naijas and the world would not be bothered.
Hummmmmmn! orolooso: Oopuro
Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by sweetcheecks(f): 3:09pm On Dec 17, 2013
Wow! Looks like I i missed all the action!
Ja, lets watch first. Where is Kwame Tut with his reliable source of information so we can sort this out, quick quick. wink
cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by vanhelsing2099(m): 3:09pm On Dec 17, 2013
I HAVE. A DREAM

I HAVE. A DREAM

One day, great NIGERIA will crush the ubuhtu (modern slave south africa)

Music
We shall make nigeria great great
We shall make nigeria great great great
Right now and forever

South africa really over hype just like the english players

1 Like

Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by bodsibobo(m): 3:13pm On Dec 17, 2013
Even on Nairaland, we disrespect ourselves, insult and abuse each other, forgetting there are many citizens of SA and other countries on the forum, yet we want them to respect us? Very laughable! Hahahaha

I have lived and worked in several African Countries and I'm a member of many social forums like Nairaland in other countries, you never see the kind of curses, abuses, threats, insults etc as you see on Nairaland (yet among fellow Nigerians) so it's surprising the same abusive people now want respect from other countries.......

Truly, we need to get ourselves right first as a nation.

8 Likes

Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by agrovick(m): 3:14pm On Dec 17, 2013
Dafuq
Horus: No!, South Africa is not ungrateful to Nigeria. Yes Nigeria fighted against apartheid in South Africa but why wait for something in return?. Doing what you can do to help a friend without expecting anything in return is service. But if you expect something in return for a service to a friend then this is not friendliness, this is Business
Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by NadiaSA1(f): 3:16pm On Dec 17, 2013
bodsibobo: Even on Nairaland, we disrespect ourselves, insult and abuse each other, forgetting there are many citizens of SA and other countries on the forum, yet we want them to respect us? Very laughable! Hahahaha

I have lived and worked in several African Countries and I'm a member of many social forums like Nairaland in other countries, you never see the kind of curses, abuses, threats, insults etc as you see on Nairaland (yet among fellow Nigerians) so it's surprising the same abusive people now want respect from other countries.......

Truly, we need to get ourselves right first as a nation.
confam!
Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by kachiz(m): 3:17pm On Dec 17, 2013
FOOL FINDER:
. Wat da fuq? Fighted you have killed me.

Laufing my shit.hole out! please dont die my brother.
Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by mrtidy(m): 3:18pm On Dec 17, 2013
Its time we asked to be recognised for our achievements and delegence rather than sentiments... if each of the Nigerian state government including the federal has put their house in order I believe they would have been recognised!!!

Imagine Delta State government inviting Mandela's Grandson to commission an uncomplemented Mandela garden.............how much respect can you get from such nonsense!!!

1 Like

Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by walata2011(m): 3:19pm On Dec 17, 2013
This is a lesson for us as a Nation. Nobody or country will take us serious until we start showing sign of rapid infrastructural development, reduction in corruption rate, transparency in election and human capital development.
Though we did well for South Africa during the time of apartheid, but that is history now.
What stops us from producing leaders like Mandela, nation builders and not leaders that are selfish and corrupt, tearing us apart on ethnic and religious sentiments. It was like a stab in my heart watching leaders that did nothing to help our brothers cause in South Africa during apartheid being accorded the honor of making presentation at Madiba's burial.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" / Salman Rushdie On Ventilator, Liver Damaged, Likely To Lose One Eye / Pentagon Releases Secret Documents About UFO Programme (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.