Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,383 members, 7,954,549 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:58 PM

Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? (35087 Views)

Adieu To The Great Madiba / Burial Details of Madiba of South Africa, Nelson Mandela -Died At 95 / Adieu Madiba, Gone Too Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by sweetcheecks(f): 3:20pm On Dec 17, 2013
van-helsing2099:
I HAVE. A DREAM

I HAVE. A DREAM

One day, great NIGERIA will crush the ubuhtu (modern slave south africa)

Music
We shall make nigeria great great
We shall make nigeria great great great
Right now and forever

South africa really over hype just like the english players

Dream on dreamer, unfortunately time waits for no one or country. Continue dreaming while we continue living!

And evil dreams never come true, why not dream of your country being great for its people other than crushing other countries. Fix your dream first it may come true.
Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by psky: 3:20pm On Dec 17, 2013
BluIvy:

Exactly, you know? I need to disappear again from this forum, geez! I just can not hide my disgust at these people. So its not individuals who are like this (As most said when I was talking about a shady Nigerian ex) the whole country is rot. Southern African countries need to cut themselves off from such rot, these people will ruin Africa. Lets save ourselves Angola has oil, (although we do not buy a lot of oil from them) we really do not need anything from them. I am serious.

Please do, and this time don't come back. tongue

3 Likes

Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by NadiaSA1(f): 3:21pm On Dec 17, 2013
Horus: No!, South Africa is not ungrateful to Nigeria. Yes Nigeria fighted against apartheid in South Africa but why wait for something in return?. Doing what you can do to help a friend without expecting anything in return is service. But if you expect something in return for a service to a friend then this is not friendliness, this is Business
cheiiiiii
Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by texbaba1: 3:21pm On Dec 17, 2013
i pity you South africans, now you can all open your mouth and say rubbish about Nigeria init? You guys should just watchout, Nigeria will get its act together, solve its leadership problems and take its rigthful place amongs the very important nations of the world. But as for u SAans, u think u dont and cant need us again abi, no p. With your black nation white blood country, the only thing u blacks there have going for you is that one of you is the president. aside that, SA economy is totally run by the whites. The majority of blacks are poor, homeless, jobless and hopeles...this you all knw too well. Let me remind you also that an average Nigerian is far better than an average south african, we are not and can never be mates. Nigeria owns and runs its economy nd proudly so too. The only time SA will beat Nigeria at anything is if the whites are involved...like rugby, and thats even for now.
Thank God for Mandela in your lives, now that the Great man is no more, i wish u well with ur white dominated economy, u are already booing ur president in the public at mandela's burial...u guys shld just not bother to run to Nigeria because u have bitten the hand that fed you, nd its not ur fault at all. Lets watch and see between Nigeria nd south africa. Ungrateful elements.

12 Likes

Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by striker9(m): 3:23pm On Dec 17, 2013
FOOL FINDER:
. Wat da fuq? Fighted you have killed me.
lwkmd!
Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Dec 17, 2013
I hope another mandela is being groomed. Its just a matter of time before the whites continue from where they stopped! How do u preach peace to people that want to kill u and take ur land away from u?
Mugabe is my man anyday anytime! Even if their economy is in shambles, they can never be called a slave in their own land. Mandela is a western hero! He is a white mans hero! But to a black man who knows the truth, he suceeded in puttng the black southafrican children yet unborn in perpetual slavery.
I don't no why people compare s.a wiv nigeria. Who contorls d economy of s.a? zuma is just there as a figure head! Where would s.a be wivout those racist? Nigeria might be lagging behind but we got here on our own, our own sweat and blood, vibrant economy and hard working middle class citizens, yes we did it on our own! Most importantly we are freeborn, we are not slaves!
Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by striker9(m): 3:29pm On Dec 17, 2013
psky:

Adamskuty don chase her,the guy na badoo.
Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Dec 17, 2013
psky:

Aint going anywhere! tongue

1 Like

Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by Anvaller: 3:33pm On Dec 17, 2013
[b]This is my message to all Nigerians and Non Nigerians that are commenting on this thread. It is a shame that u are bashing, disgracing and insulting each other. Whether u are from South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe or Nigeria. The reason u are all backward as Africans is because u all hate each other.

I have observed the significant difference between us Africans and Europeans in terms of growth, innovation and advancement. And my conclusion is clearly that the white folks are not smarter on man to man comparison with a black man. But when it comes to working together, division of labour, team working and togetherness of purpose, that is where they are a thousand miles ahead of us. They know how to identify the positive in u in the midst of all ur negatives, they know how to respect each other but we like to ignore anything positive about others and dwell on their negative to condemn them and write them off.

Africa will go nowhere if we do not embrace each other. No African country can completely be successful on its own. We need each other. Unfortunately, we are too dull to understand these simple things. Look at the E.U, despite that they have several countries doing good on their own, they still came up with E.U trade to be more economically efficient.

Look at the U.S Canada trade relations even including mexico, but in Africa, we want to brag about how we are better than each other, while the onlookers from the west see all of u as more or less the same.

Think guys, I hate all these African vs African beefs. There is no intelligence in it whatsoever.[/b]

15 Likes

Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by crackhaus: 3:34pm On Dec 17, 2013
Ooh please my Nigerian comrades on this thread, y'all need to shut da phuck up and quit it with the sentiments already.

Yea yea, we did this and we did that for SA don't mean they want to be seen romancing a country like ours where our thieving scoundrel politicians and wealthy conniving businessmen continue to divest and destroy the so-called 'respect' we think we deserve. Like for real, I bet no Nigerian on this forum would want to be aligned with a country such as Libya even if they did something of worth in the past.

For God's sake people, it's been more than 20years since apartheid SA received assistance from us(Nigeria)... Get over it fellow Nigerians and move da phuck on already...our country needs better work than hearing our Retardeen of a president give a speech which he probably would have stammered his way through.

3 Likes

Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Dec 17, 2013
*smh
Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by sweetcheecks(f): 3:37pm On Dec 17, 2013
tex baba: i pity you South africans, now you can all open your mouth and say rubbish about Nigeria init? You guys should just watchout, Nigeria will get its act together, solve its leadership problems and take its rigthful place amongs the very important nations of the world. But as for u SAans, u think u dont and cant need us again abi, no p. With your black nation white blood country, the only thing u blacks there have going for you is that one of you is the president. aside that, SA economy is totally run by the whites. The majority of blacks are poor, homeless, jobless and hopeles...this you all knw too well. Let me remind you also that an average Nigerian is far better than an average south african, we are not and can never be mates. Nigeria owns and runs its economy nd proudly so too. The only time SA will beat Nigeria at anything is if the whites are involved...like rugby, and thats even for now.
Thank God for Mandela in your lives, now that the Great man is no more, i wish u well with ur white dominated economy, u are already booing ur president in the public at mandela's burial...u guys shld just not bother to run to Nigeria because u have bitten the hand that fed you, nd its not ur fault at all. Lets watch and see between Nigeria nd south africa.
Ungrateful elements.

Oh blyme me. Now cry us a river.
@the bolded, cheesy cheesy cheesy sweet dreams you'll need this to sleep well at night. tongue
Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Dec 17, 2013
Unity is strength... Africa will never grow if we continue beefing ourselves lyk this. It dosent matter who's stronger economically or politically, we jst nid to be united to grow.

A song was titled #AFRICA UNITE# and guess wht??...it was sang by a jamaican...u know who he is, so dnt ask me..

2 Likes

Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by EzePromoe: 3:46pm On Dec 17, 2013
I'm really ashamed of Africans in general at childish behaviour I see all over the net. If it isn't Ghana and Nigeria today, its Nigeria and South Africa tomorrow. Can't you take a clue from our European and American counterparts? Can't we unite for once?

Both South Africans and Nigerians got it wrong this time.

But I really pity the Mzansi populace. No insult intended.
Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by crackhaus: 3:47pm On Dec 17, 2013
tex baba: i pity you South africans, now you can all open your mouth and say rubbish about Nigeria init? You guys should just watchout, Nigeria will get its act together, solve its leadership problems and take its rigthful place amongs the very important nations of the world. But as for u SAans, u think u dont and cant need us again abi, no p. With your black nation white blood country, the only thing u blacks there have going for you is that one of you is the president. aside that, SA economy is totally run by the whites. The majority of blacks are poor, homeless, jobless and hopeles...this you all knw too well. Let me remind you also that an average Nigerian is far better than an average south african, we are not and can never be mates. Nigeria owns and runs its economy nd proudly so too. The only time SA will beat Nigeria at anything is if the whites are involved...like rugby, and thats even for now.
Thank God for Mandela in your lives, now that the Great man is no more, i wish u well with ur white dominated economy, u are already booing ur president in the public at mandela's burial...u guys shld just not bother to run to Nigeria because u have bitten the hand that fed you, nd its not ur fault at all. Lets watch and see between Nigeria nd south africa. Ungrateful elements.
I'm your Nigerian brother, but you need to shut your mouth man...like seriously!

All I see in this post of yours is sentiments, more sentiments and some more sentiments...no intellect whatsoever. Try to be more logical with your reasoning, our Nigeria is not the only African country that was not given time to honour Madiba, we shouldn't be taking it personal.

If it will make us(maybe people like you) feel better, when a worthy person of ours dies and SA is invited, don't give them recognition too. I only offer this solution to folks like you who let petty sentiments becloud sense and logical reasoning.

4 Likes

Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by zomby(m): 3:49pm On Dec 17, 2013
@Topic,
I do not know why you're so surprised. This is what happens when you have a weak president.
Even Obasanjo, the bulldog got some respect around the world during his time as Nigerian number 1 man.

Do you really expect this shoe-less president, called Jonathan to mingle or rub shoulders with Barack Obama, David Cameron and others? I do not think so.
South Africans wanted a pleasant burial for their leader, therefore it was important for them to clearly get the best of the best involved.

At this point in time nobody around the world respects Nigeria or Mr. Jonathan. And this will remain so, until Nigerians come to understand that leadership is not for everybody.

Jonathan has no business at the Aso Rock.

2 Likes

Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by babycee(f): 3:49pm On Dec 17, 2013
crackhaus:
I'm your Nigerian brother, but you need to shut your mouth man...like seriously!

All I see in this post of yours is sentiments, more sentiments and some more sentiments...no intellect whatsoever. Try to be more logical with your reasoning, our Nigeria is not the only African country that was not given time to honour Madiba, we shouldn't be taking it personal.

If it will make us(maybe people like you) feel better, when a worthy person of ours dies and SA is invited, don't give them recognition too. I only offer this solution to folks like you who let petty sentiments becloud sense and logical reasoning.

Amen
Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by zomby(m): 3:52pm On Dec 17, 2013
Forget sentiments and face reality, Nigeria at this time has no stamina or integrity to do more than what was done during the burial of Madiba.
Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by FKO1(m): 3:52pm On Dec 17, 2013
babycee: my broda see me see trouble ooooo... These ppl(nigerians) dem love us(south africans) pass. . . They just don't know how to express their love for us. It gets annoying and irritating when dem compare 9ja and southy.
VERY IRRITATING I TELL U
Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Dec 17, 2013
tex baba: i pity you South africans,SA economy is totally run by the whites. The majority of blacks are poor, homeless, jobless and hopeles...this you all knw too well..
lmao. South Africans don suffer for this bros hand.

Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by middlebelter(m): 3:54pm On Dec 17, 2013
RSA: Your leaders collected money from you to enrich themself in the name of South Africa. They 419 you all.
What ever help you think you gave to anti apartheid movement was not as missive as you were made to believe. Get over it,and move on. SA owe you nothing, Mbeki thanked you for his scholarship and that's enough.
Jonathan is not that important to have spoken at Madiba's funeral.Mbeki will die one day and we will allocate enough time for Nigeria to explained how they helped "him".
I will not blame South Africans for failing to recognize Nigeria. I will however not take it kindly with anybody that insult my country after failing to recognize the contribution made by my country. History have a funny way of repeating itself, even Jesus recognize the only leper out of ten, that came back to express his gratitude for being healed. It may not be apartheid next time, it can come in another way in which S. Africa will be in desperation of the assistance/support of Nigeria and that time, my South African brothers will blame themselves for electing the like of Zuma as Nigerians are currently regretting electing the leaders that plundered our resources. By then, Nigeria would have learnt to assert herself and our foreign policy will only serve our best interest.

2 Likes

Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Dec 17, 2013
zomby: @Topic,
I do not know why you're so surprised. This is what happens when you have a weak president.
Even Obasanjo, the bulldog got some respect around the world during his time as Nigerian number 1 man.

Do you really expect this shoe-less president, called Jonathan to mingle or rub shoulders with Barack Obama, David Cameron and others? I do not think so.
South Africans wanted a pleasant burial for their leader, therefore it was important for them to clearly get the best of the best involved.

At this point in time nobody around the world respects Nigeria or Mr. Jonathan. And this will remain so, until Nigerians come to understand that leadership is not for everybody.

Jonathan has no business at the Aso Rock.
You've said it all! If Obj was Nigeria's president, maybe this poo wouldn't have happened. Our president is weak, hence the country is slowly sinking.
Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by sweetcheecks(f): 3:57pm On Dec 17, 2013
morpheus24:

My prayers exactly!. If the rest of those countries who's citizens are xenophobed wish to align with the Pseudo African state then I say good riddance!

BUT SADEC is already a regional block. You also have the West African Regional block. Its a pity though that it seems you are also rubbing the Ghanians the wrongway, not sure what will happen to your West African regional block undecided
Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by Etianwanokon: 3:57pm On Dec 17, 2013
THIS IS A VERY BIG LESSON TO NIGERIA AND NIGERIANS.
SOUTH AFRICANS, DESPITE ALL WE DID FOR THEM, HAVE CLEARLY SHOWN THEY DESPISE US.
TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH, THE LIBERTY DISPLAYED BY OTHER AFRICANS WHEN THEY ARE IN NIGERIA CANT BE SEEN ELSE WHERE.
IN GHANA, CAMEROON, SOUTH AFRICA ETC, THERE'S A THOROUGH SECURITY CHECKS EVERY WHERE YOU GO.
SO NIGERIAN GOVT. SHOULD SIT UP
Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by sweetcheecks(f): 4:04pm On Dec 17, 2013
Eze Promoe: I'm really ashamed of Africans in general at childish behaviour I see all over the net. If it isn't Ghana and Nigeria today, its Nigeria and South Africa tomorrow. Can't you take a clue from our European and American counterparts? Can't we unite for once?

Both South Africans and Nigerians got it wrong this time.

But I really pity the Mzansi populace. No insult intended.

Gee, who starts these topic? South Africans? We only defend ourselves you need to be ashamed of your nigerian brothers always attacking one country or the other with their delusions of greatness and being better than anyone else.

Lastly, do not be sly attack if you want to attack don't bite and rub. We in all honesty do not need your pity save it for your country and people trust me you need it more.

1 Like

Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by sweetcheecks(f): 4:05pm On Dec 17, 2013
crackhaus:

GBAM!
Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by FKO1(m): 4:09pm On Dec 17, 2013
sweetcheecks:

Gee, who starts these topic? South Africans? We only defend ourselves you need to be ashamed of your nigerian brothers always attacking one country or the other with their delusions of greatness and being better than anyone else.

Lastly, do not be sly attack if you want to attack don't bite and rub. We in all honesty do not need your pity save it for your country and people trust me you need it more.
UNA EVEN GET TIME TO THEY ANSWER ALL DZ SENTIMENTAL PEEPS....
Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by Inik(m): 4:10pm On Dec 17, 2013
This thread is highly unnecessary, all this chest beating is futile and leads to nowhere. The world has moved on, we all should move on.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions / Donald Trump: "The Lie Of The Year Is That Joe Biden Won!" / Turkish Ship Rescued 54 Sailors On Damaged Russian Naval Cruiser Moskva

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.