Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements (24927 Views)

Buhari Taking Credit For Jonathan’s Achievements, Says Rep. / Buhari Has Already Surpassed Jonathan's Achievements - APC / President Jonathan’s Achievements In Infographics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by Nobody: 11:40pm On Dec 16, 2013
adde: Provision of basic amenities is the core duty of every govt. Why must we praise mediocrity? Only the president who selflessly secures the future of Nigeria and her children will receive my accolades. angry

Keep your "accolades", no one is asking you to praise mediocrity ( even if this mediocrity surpasses the paltry "achievements" that we're used to). We are acknowledging achievements - achievements which people like you have been denying.

@OP: Nice work!

5 Likes

Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by mike404(m): 11:40pm On Dec 16, 2013
fabulous4u:
moderators front page na
DONT TELL ME YOUR DREAMING
Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by tobex23(m): 11:50pm On Dec 16, 2013
jmaine:

You shouldn't be lying blatantly on a public forum. The Lagos to Shagamu axis is currently undergoing construction by JB. That has been a major issue to travellers cos they blocked a lane and motorist were forced to share one lane.

You see why my question isn't useless cos i used that road to Benin roughly 3 weeks ago.

My family is not as useless as yours, Am sure that is the stipends you collect monthly from Aregbesola O-YES programmed. bloody ediot.

I guess its know use arguing with you!! Cos you surely would have been given ur #1,500!! Don't qoute me again!!
Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by jmaine: 11:51pm On Dec 16, 2013
tobex_23:

Mr Man!! Who said benin!? Benin's branch is how many minute from redeem, I said lagos-ibadan!! If you don't know what to say! Just sleep, I have folks who are frequent travellers, and they complain every day!!even one is complaining now!

I knew you were an arrogant liar and a very foolish dolt. The road covers Lagos- Shagamu-Ibadan. The so called ediot, who probably hasn't left his impoverished enclave doesn't know the usual route from lagos to common Benin at our backyard here.

5 Likes

Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by Nobody: 11:56pm On Dec 16, 2013
^^ what he said.

tobex_23:

I don't stay in Osun! So no need to collect anything!! Just get your facts right before you start posting trash!!! I mean!! The most busy road in Nigeria!! Causing accidents and claiming lives daily with the so called FRSC that decorated the road!!! These GEJs administration is just useless!! Face-it
Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by jmaine: 11:56pm On Dec 16, 2013
tobex_23:

I don't stay in Osun! So no need to collect anything!! Just get your facts right before you start posting trash!!! I mean!! The most busy road in Nigeria!! Causing accidents and claiming lives daily with the so called FRSC that decorated the road!!! These GEJs administration is just useless!! Face-it

You need to shut up and make facts speak for you than make baseless comments . . . . .

The Federal Controller of Works in Lagos State, Mr Oluwatoyin Obikoya, said on Tuesday that contractors handling the Lagos-Ibadan expressway had commenced palliative work and construction of addition lanes.
Oluwatoyin told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos that the idea was to ease the traffic congestion on both sides of the highway.
He urged motorists to expect traffic diversions due to the construction work on both sides of the highway.

http://www.informationng.com/2013/10/repair-construction-of-additional-lanes-commence-on-lagos-ibadan-expressway.html

4 Likes

Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by jmaine: 12:02am On Dec 17, 2013
tobex_23:

I guess its know use arguing with you!! Cos you surely would have been given ur #1,500!! Don't qoute me again!!

The Impoverished Aregbesola O-YES dolt with a =N=1,500 monthly stipends feels everyone belongs to his sad and frustrated category.

8 Likes

Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by tobex23(m): 12:07am On Dec 17, 2013
jmaine:

The Impoverished Aregbesola O-YES dolt with a =N=1,500 monthly stipends feels everyone belongs to their sad and frustrated category.

From the way you complain about #1,500 I guess you eat, live from it! Silence they say is the ......
Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by jmaine: 12:10am On Dec 17, 2013
tobex_23:

[s]From the way you complain about #1,500 I guess you eat, live from it! Silence they say is the .....[/s].

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and to remove all doubt.

Go and sin no more

10 Likes

Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by westreign(m): 2:50am On Dec 17, 2013
My question remains must Nigerians pay with their blood to attract development, are you people seeing the level of unemployment, poverty and massive stealing in the land. states because of shortfall in expected revenue from federal allocation returned home to tax their people any resources they suffer to raise. It took a yar adau to reduce the pump price of fuel in the president very eyes then only for him to take over and increased it to high heaven, those seeing the good work should know that the surep fund was reported stolen to the tune of 500billion yet it was covered. Now NNPC and CBN are trading blames over missing trillions not accounted for, year in-year out our bench mark is far below what we sell our oil and yet you put structures and privatized them before day breaks. No development is taking place in Nigeria whether anybody likes it or not, people are just surviving by the grace of God.
Study what Dudly Seer says about development then you will appreciate the fact that these are just cosmetics compare to true development, the people remains the centre piece of any meaningful development and not already privatized structures even before the start.
God bless Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by adde: 4:14am On Dec 17, 2013
Raggedy_Ann:

Keep your "accolades", no one is asking you to praise mediocrity ( even if this mediocrity surpasses the paltry "achievements" that we're used to). We are acknowledging achievements - achievements which people like you have been denying.

@OP: Nice work!
"Open your eyes Nigeria!!!" Sustainable development is what we desire, not the crumbs which fall off these politicians' tables. Numbers do not lie; there are basic economic indicies for measuring a nations development. You dont judge the size of your business by the worth of the goods in display, judge rather by the profit it rakes in. Lets have our facts right. Has unemployment rates, GNP, National image, Foreign exchange or reserves improved? My accolades are by far withheld. angry

2 Likes

Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by Nobody: 7:47am On Dec 17, 2013
adde:
"Open your eyes Nigeria!!!" Sustainable development is what we desire, not the crumbs which fall off these politicians' tables. Numbers do not lie; there are basic economic indicies for measuring a nations development. You dont judge the size of your business by the worth of the goods in display, judge rather by the profit it rakes in. Lets have our facts right. Has unemployment rates, GNP, National image, Foreign exchange or reserves improved? My accolades are by far withheld. angry
Professional fault and problem finder will always find one fault/problem or the other.

The reserve that you said has decreased was also built up under this govt. When it was increasing, did you acknowledge it? Foreign reserve is like a shock absorber and it will continue to go up and down.

High unemployment rate is an issue globally and the FG is doing its bit and with the support of various state govts, the situation will only get better. Govt is trying to create jobs through agric, mining, YOUWIN, SURE-P, automative policy, Sugar master plan, construction, etc. The projects on this thread are being executed by Nigerians, not ghost, and they get paid for doing their job.

And what do you mean by "sustainable development"? Is the power road map not a sustainable development? Is the sugar master plan and automative policy not a sustainable development? Is the construction of critical roads not for sustainable development? Is the ongoing railway revitalization not for sustainable development? My guy, you'r a bundle of confusing and contradictions.

6 Likes

Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by Nobody: 8:01am On Dec 17, 2013
westreign: My question remains must Nigerians pay with their blood to attract development, are you people seeing the level of unemployment, poverty and massive stealing in the land. states because of shortfall in expected revenue from federal allocation returned home to tax their people any resources they suffer to raise. It took a yar adau to reduce the pump price of fuel in the president very eyes then only for him to take over and increased it to high heaven, those seeing the good work should know that the surep fund was reported stolen to the tune of 500billion yet it was covered. Now NNPC and CBN are trading blames over missing trillions not accounted for, year in-year out our bench mark is far below what we sell our oil and yet you put structures and privatized them before day breaks. No development is taking place in Nigeria whether anybody likes it or not, people are just surviving by the grace of God.
Study what Dudly Seer says about development then you will appreciate the fact that these are just cosmetics compare to true development, the people remains the centre piece of any meaningful development and not already privatized structures even before the start.
God bless Nigeria.
We dont need emotional outburst on this thread.

3 Likes

Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by Nobody: 9:23am On Dec 17, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: I dont know about other places but public power supply in this part of Enugu has been fantastic in the last few weeks. Kudos to Interstate Electric, which is the owner of Enugu Distribution Company. Kudos to GEJ for ensuring transparent privatisation of PHCN.
My Brother you are very correct there you know.
My tenants in Ogba-Lagos Say they now enjoy at least 16hrs of light daily after their community dealth severly with some apc thugs that were caught vandalising the power infrastructures, and here in Woji town PH where I reside, it's like one full day on and next day 18 hrs. Thanks to GOD and GEJ...
So if u r not enjoying steady power yet in ur area BLAME IT ON APC vandals

1 Like

Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by Energito: 10:02am On Dec 17, 2013
fabulous4u:
moderators front page na
my brother them will never do that.is not about APC.
Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by Nobody: 10:09am On Dec 17, 2013
Gabbysky:
My Brother you are very correct there you know.
My tenants in Ogba-Lagos Say they now enjoy at least 16hrs of light daily after their community dealth severly with some apc thugs that were caught vandalising the power infrastructures, and here in Woji town PH where I reside, it's like one full day on and next day 18 hrs. Thanks to GOD and GEJ...
So if u r not enjoying steady power yet in ur area BLAME IT ON APC vandals
APC e-warriors are EVIL and capable of anything.

I can confirm that here in Enugu light is almost 24hrs. When I say almost 24hrs, I mean every bit of it. Even during the days of Barth Nnaji as power minister, we didn't have it this good.

I've heard complaints of poor power supply in many parts of Lagos and I dont know why light should be wasting here in Enugu and problematic in many parts of Lagos. But definitely, you cannot rule out the evil antics of APC in Tinubu controlled Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by Greatihex(m): 11:01am On Dec 17, 2013
If this thread does not make front page, then i will be convinced that dis nairaland forum is partial and have tribalists and political bigots as moderators.
Besides, owerri-portharcourt road dualization is also part of the achievements. The project was started in 2011 and ended in 2013 by ARAB CONTRACTORS.
Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by urboy1: 6:50pm On Dec 17, 2013
lol..Abandoned as expected..[i][/i]
Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by anonimi: 7:14pm On Dec 17, 2013
agbameta:

Ar you not the same mindless double ID OP? Cheap intellect people...

If this is all the response that agbameta can muster then it is a sure sign that GEJ's performance cannot be matched by the propaganda-fueled APC governors, state & federal legisLOOTERS as well as LGA chairmen & councillors.
This is noted for reference.

1 Like

Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by agabaI23(m): 12:09pm On Dec 18, 2013
OP good job
I don't know if you missed the passage of freedom of information act.
Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by chronique(m): 12:18pm On Dec 18, 2013
Mods,pls move this to the frontpage.
Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by Nobody: 1:04pm On Dec 18, 2013
This thread is so loaded that APC e-warriors were left with no option but to stay far away from it. The few that managed to come close got burnt to ashes.

2 Likes

Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by Feraz(m): 1:25pm On Dec 18, 2013
Clerverly: Comedians! So insincere 9igerian opened 43 new ids for propagating false and non existing achievements of his paymaster grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Why don't you counter it with HARD FACTS rather than say they are 'non existing achievement'? Pls, when you see good thing, appreciate it. I see the discipline and sanity Fashola has brought about on Lagos roads that people who don't respect traffic light do now and so many other good things and I appreciate him for that even though he has his flaws. Even some other governors who have in one way or another worked tremendously for their states. Why so bitter about the listed achievements above?

Topic, how come people keep shouting he's 'clueless and retarded' if all those works listed are his achievements under 3 years? I really think work has to be done to enlighten the common man on the streets of these achievements by the Jonathan administration. One of the achievements I'm happy about is that, in the Agricultural sector and also the power sector. I'm also happy that plans are being made to reduce over-dependency on oil.

That doesn't rule out the fact that he really isn't trying on the issue of corruption .

I used to criticise President Jonathan cos I really didn't see what he did as a state governor back then in Bayelsa. That being said, I hope he achieves more to silence noisemakers.

Pls, can you list out the people's oriented policies his administration has achieved? Thanks even as I wait to get enlightened.

7 Likes

Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by jamace(m): 3:11pm On Dec 18, 2013
Clerverly: Comedians! So insincere 9igerian opened 43 new ids for propagating false and non existing achievements of his paymaster grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Please don't criticise for the fun of it. Try and verify.

For me, GEJ is working. My ONLY anger with him is the issue of not fighting corruption enough.

We should imbibe the spirit of truth and not party politics. If any man has done well, praise him. If any man has not performed, let him know, but do that with sincerity of heart. Selah.
Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by jamace(m): 3:34pm On Dec 18, 2013
My Honorable Moderators, don't you think if we put this on FP (in fact leave it permanently on FP), it will help our awareness of performance of GEJ government? My humble suggestions, please.

1 Like

Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 18, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: This thread is so loaded that APC e-warriors were left with no option but to stay far away from it. The few that managed to come close got burnt to ashes.
Bro, good work you've been doing... I can't wait to read of ur compilations for GEJ's Fresh Air in SW and SS.
Plz add these proven fact about Lagos when you start.
1. The unbundling of all the bottle necks and uneccessary delays in our Ports (Tincan and Apap Wharf), the you can now clear your goods within 48 hours.
2. The on-going recostruction of the 10-Lane Apapa-Oshodi-Oworonsoki-Berger Expressway, to include culvets and Drainages, being handled by Messrs Julius Berger and Fed. Min. Of Works.
3. Addidtional Bridge being constructed at the Liverpool Area or Apapa.
4. Completed rehabilitation of the 3rd Mainland Bridge (Full Stretch) - the longest Bridge in Africa.
5. The Completion and Inauguration of the re-modelled General Aviation Terminal (GAT) aka MMA1.
6. FG partnership with others for a new Sea Port in Lekki, the Deepest in West Africa
7. FG plan to build a new international Airport, a Refinery, a Fertilizer plant etc in Lagos.

I believe when the good Governance tour come to Lag we shall have more

4 Likes

Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by Nobody: 4:00pm On Dec 18, 2013
Mods we go fry beans for una b4 una carry this awareness to Front page?
If it's about Lagos or apc now una for don leave am permanently on fp.
F_ _cking partial Mods
Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by arkreality: 4:10pm On Dec 18, 2013
OPEN LETTER TO
IBB, BUHARI, ABDULSALAMI, DANJUMA, OBJ, SANUSI, TAMBUWAL AND OTHERS ATTACKING JONATHAN.
from Oluwaseyi Jaiyeoba, Lagos.

"We want the critics of Goodluck Jonathan to mention as listed above, to tell us of some of those issues listed by OBJ in 18-page epistle, were right and good about Nigeria before GEJ was voted in.

Was it dead NEPA, dead refineries, dilapidated roads, massive lo...oting, fake federalism, drinkable water, food, quality education, funded universities, etc.?

...Can GEJ destroy what has been destroyed? Do u know how much Saint OBJ spent on road/NEPA and yet nothing? Was GEJ the killer of Ajaokuta, Michellin, Peugeot, Berec, Leventis, NITEL, Daily Times, NTA, Radio Nigeria, the groundnut pyramids, oil palm farms, cocoa farms and others?? Mention one parasternal that hadn’t been destroyed by IBB/OBJ and their cronies before GEJ.

Just mention one that was working right before GEJ. We used public phones last in 1989! The south/east road died a long time ago. Leventis and others left during IBB's SAP. Corruption was legalised during IBB's tenure that when Abacha came, he did what they taught him, loot. But even his loot was stolen.

1 Like

Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by richie44(m): 4:17pm On Dec 18, 2013
Honestly this man is doing good
if i can travel frm kano-delta state witout any gallop i must say am impressed...wen i made ds same journey in 2007 d road wz so bad dat d bumper of our car broke nd i spent #5500 repairing it.....................
Also considering d fact i come frm a remote area in Enugu state we had no good road, water nd electricity until 2011 now nearly every compound has a tap wch has only had problem once nd it wz resolved within 24hrs nd also our road ar vry good d one dat will link ma town 2 anambra state is almost done nd last week ma pple told me dat govt officials brought transformers....God bless GEJ

1 Like

Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by agabaI23(m): 9:39am On Dec 19, 2013
GOOD WINE NEEDS NO BUSH

It is difficult to disprove hard facts. So they can't come!
Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by jmaine: 9:44am On Dec 19, 2013
When fresh air blows . . .Foul air doesn't come near . . . grin

4 Likes

Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by LMAyedun(m): 10:05am On Dec 19, 2013
#TeamFreshAir

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Court Papers Reveal That The NIC Never Reinstated Sacked Rivers Chairmen / FG Planning Zero-based Budget For 2016 – Osinbajo / 2019: Yuguda Defects To APC In Bauchi With 5,000 Supporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.