Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,618 members, 7,813,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:24 AM

Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements (24915 Views)

Buhari Taking Credit For Jonathan’s Achievements, Says Rep. / Buhari Has Already Surpassed Jonathan's Achievements - APC / President Jonathan’s Achievements In Infographics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by Nobody: 3:18pm On Dec 19, 2013
@All, please READ THROUGH, ADD YOURS IN YOUR AREA, COPY And SHARE WITH MANY PEOPLE...
God Bless GEJ
God Bless Nigeria
Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by stildude(m): 3:20pm On Dec 19, 2013
I commend the OP. Sometimes I feel bad that Jonathan's Administration has not been able to make many people see the good things it has achieved thereby leaving its enemies to have a feed day in wrongly branding it. It was almost like a man winking in the dark, no one else knows what he is doing except himself. I also want to borrow from the legal dept " Justice should not only be done, but it must been seen to have been done" Now Jonathan admin is playing politics well. Some of these so called oppositions only get cheap popularity by overhyping their achievements on media. Take for instance, One KM of road filmed to look like a 10 km dual road on tv.

More of these, so that some of us that are still on the president's side will not be seen to be eating from aso rock in our support of him. Abati and Okukpe or what ever should not only be left to manage the image of this admin. there are too many haters and enemies of progress. No 1 and no 2 are Tifnubu and Papa Iyabo respectively. No2 wants to make people believe he is the naija mandela now, when he had all the opportunity in the world to make things right and cement his name on the sand of time but was too greedy and arrogant to make use of that opportunity. He go soon resume for he jail cell at this pace!
Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by zomby(m): 3:20pm On Dec 19, 2013
Nigeria is faced by 3 major problems:

1. Corruption
2. Lack of security
3. High rate of unemployment

The last time I checked Jonathan hasn't been able to tackle any of these 3 problems. Therefore, Jonathan remains the most disappointing president of all time.

It is f00lish for us to expect a Carpenter to fly an airplane. Jonathan may be an OK dude, but it is clear that leading anything is not his calling.
At this point, the only thing Jonathan could do for us is to step aside while we search for a true leader that has the skills and experience to lead this country.
Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by zomby(m): 3:27pm On Dec 19, 2013
Its now 2013 and my question is: Why Has None of these governors/ political thieves Gone To Jail For corruption?

My answer is also very simple: Nobody has gone to jail because Jonathan and his wife are also thieves.
Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by Omooba77: 3:28pm On Dec 19, 2013
zomby: Nigeria is face by 3 major problems:

1. Corruption
2. Lack of security
3. High rate of unemployment

The last time I checked Jonathan hasn't been able to tackle any of these 3 problems. Therefore, Jonathan remains the most disappointing president of all time.

It is f00lish for us to expect a Carpenter to fly an airplane. Jonathan may be an OK dude, but it is clear that leading anything is not his calling.
At this point, the only thing Jonathan could do for us is to step aside while we search for a true leader that has the skills and experience to lead this country.
Ask yourself what kind of jobs are being provided by government abroad, government only need to provide enabling environment.........

2 Likes

Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by rufonye: 3:28pm On Dec 19, 2013
GEJ has relatively tried, just that his hunger for second term is overshodowing the whole thing
Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by kmariko: 3:30pm On Dec 19, 2013
The biggest achievement of the President to date is the high level of political freedom and tolerance in the country. Thuggery and political killings have been reduced tremendously and people are not being arrested for their views no matter how extreme.
Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by zomby(m): 3:31pm On Dec 19, 2013
Ask yourself what kind of jobs are being provided by government abraod, government only need to provide enabling environment.....
Abeg we are talking about Jonathan and Nigeria, and by the way Job is not the only problem.

Ever since Jonathan became our number 1 man nothing sensible has been done to fight Corruption and security of the citizens is also weaker than a sick dog.

Jonathan has done nothing, but wasted our time and let us down.
Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by zomby(m): 3:35pm On Dec 19, 2013
There is nothing any president could accomplish in this country without first fighting corruption the right way.

Jonathan = No skills
Jonathan = waste of time.

Next please...

1 Like

Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by midetinz(m): 3:48pm On Dec 19, 2013
You forgot to mention "most corrupt leader".
How much were u paid?
Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by nijanigga: 3:52pm On Dec 19, 2013
40 laptops working for GEJ, only the insane and gullible will buy into this crap. Well Nigerians are too gullible, do you all remember when GEJ raised the allowance of NYSC to 20,000 naira/month? all the guys were shouting and praising GEJ, tell me the rest of the story.
Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by Ceorhemz(m): 3:53pm On Dec 19, 2013
matzoro: do u xpect d ppl dat have been gaining from d rot in nigeria 2 agree 2 change?
please what is realy the change you are looking for. Will Nigeria be like America overnight. Come to terms with this that the situation is so bad already that it wont take four years for a man to turn everything around. This is something to think about and not something to argue about
Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by omanzo02: 3:57pm On Dec 19, 2013
Dahomey Amazon:
So the slow poke completed 7 roads in 4yrs?

Road construction is not farm work or magic, I have been plying Aachen - Koln road for some years still its not yet completed and Germany have the resources and technology to do a faster job, Nigerians don't reason logically.
Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by Akainzo(m): 3:57pm On Dec 19, 2013
diva_tosin: President Jonathan is not the one who unbundled PHCN. OBJ did. But Jonathan has surpassed that feat by over 100%.
I'm very very proud of Jonathan's achievements in the power sector and will vote for him to complete it.
While OBJ wasted over 16B dollars on NIPP's, Jonathan has in less than 3 years finished work on the NIPP's and has succesfully privatised them. That is a remarkable milestone that will catapult the electricity sector to an enviable height.

OBJ wasted the $16B on NIPP?
Now tell me the power plants being commissioned, were they conceptualized, awarded and commenced being built all during the 3 years of GEJ?

Your ignorance is epic. The $16B you declared as wasted is the same money that built all the power plants you are talking about now.
On privatization, is GEJ not implementing the same electricity roadmap that was designed under OBJ.

A lot goes into getting a project done than just the commissioning you know!
Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by zomby(m): 4:00pm On Dec 19, 2013
If you think our shoe-less president deserves 2 term, it means you truly hate this country.

It is not about anyone or ethnic, it about having what it takes to lead and make sensible decisions. It is clear that this president doesn't have it.
I believe Nigerians are tired of this everlasting mediocrity.
Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by omanzo02: 4:04pm On Dec 19, 2013
Akainzo:

OBJ wasted the $16B on NIPP?
Now tell me the power plants being commissioned, were they conceptualized, awarded and commenced being built all during the 3 years of GEJ?

Your ignorance is epic. The $16B you declared as wasted is the same money that built all the power plants you are talking about now.
On privatization[b], is GEJ not implementing the same electricity roadmap that was designed under OBJ.[/b]

A lot goes into getting a project done than just the commissioning you know!

Where were u when GEJ administration launched his own power road map?
Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by Akainzo(m): 4:10pm On Dec 19, 2013
omanzo02:

Where were u when GEJ administration launched his own power road map?

Please point me to that roadmap. What he did was publish a revised timeline for achieving the Power Sector reforms.
Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by Goldenboy007(m): 4:17pm On Dec 19, 2013
Reading this topic it dawned on me that so many have sold their souls to the devil because of money and our road to redemption is non existence! With the intense hardship experienced in the country and yet some ragamuffins have the brazen audacity to come here to bamboozle us with fallacy? I cry for the future of your children!

1 Like

Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by reedonne: 4:22pm On Dec 19, 2013
Can u pls give me an evidence that it is the 16 billion dollar obasanjo spend on power is the one that is currently working
Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by unmask: 4:22pm On Dec 19, 2013
Temple Chinedum:

^what is this one talking, you don't know the use of a varsity? undecided
I know the use of varsities, I am just asking what is the use of the new 9?......universities produce graduates yearly with over 75% of them not knowing why they went there or gaining anything from it.....so what is the use of the 9? to create more unemployable graduates? or to help increase the allocation to education?

1 Like

Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by MaxxisAJC: 4:44pm On Dec 19, 2013
I did not see any thing done in Anambra or any other south east state, after all our support.
Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by Sammiejokes(m): 4:56pm On Dec 19, 2013
all I know is that economically Nigeria is not better off during GEJ, its even getting worse. unemployment at its highest,no top official convicted of corruption, insecurity at its highest bokoharam in the north, serial kidnapping in the south, oil theft at the highest rate. when a government have access to trillions of Naira, they will always have a list of achievements, even Thiefnububu get his list, akala get his list, odili get list. Make u no bobo me with list thing. Let there be good standard of living not all this project started by Mr A finished by Mr B now claiming champion like sey we no know Wetin dey happen.
Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by davades(m): 5:07pm On Dec 19, 2013
X-Phoenix619:
Ok seriously apart from Enugu refurbished airport what has South East benefitted from this administration? All the. project seems to be in the north and south west.

from my observation of this thread, i've not seen any project from south west mentioned here, can u quote one from this post. Thank u
Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by dyweb(m): 5:09pm On Dec 19, 2013
Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by Nobody: 5:13pm On Dec 19, 2013
rati ken:
In clear and specific terms, how do you want the government to impact your life within the confine of current circumstances. I don't need an epistle... Be specific wrt you.
simple, the circumstances bedeviling Nigeria is nurtured by corruptn. u cannot solve Nigeria's prob without first fighting corruptn, corruptn remains the bane of our problem and unless the president sees dis as a major hiccup we cannot tackle others.
now to answer ur question, the govt need not give us money to beta our lots as citizens, but rather improve on life supporting infrastructures. What has ur govt done in the health and education sector apart from the incessant strikes dat end up crippling the system. everyday we keep hearing of numerous reforms in the agriculture sector, my question is 'how has these reforms reduced the price of garri in the market?'
during the campaign of Pres GEJ, i publicly heard him say dat his administratn will not only fix the existing refineries but also build new ones. the question i address to u now is ' are these hitherto refineries working today and at what capacity? and secondly whr are the new refineries as promised?'
the govt can improve the lives of its citizenry by formulating meaningful policies. how much is the pump price of petrol and kerosine to an average Nigerian that needs them most for daily life sustainance? i can tell u authoritatively dat dis is the richest govt in the history of Nigeria and yet the poorest. ask urself how much is the price of fuel in the int'l market. the price of crude oil has within the past few years been relatively stable and above $100 per barrel. the govt has spent billions of naira under the amnesty programme and yet still complain of pipeline vandals and oil theft. my question to you is 'wu are these oil vandals and oil bunkerers destroying our pipeline after dis amnesty brouhaha, cant the govt fish them out and deal with them?'
i must conclude by saying dat unless GEJ fights corruptn headlong, the standard of living in the country which will beta ur lot and mine will never improve.

sorry for the epistle though, dat is what is needed to pass the msg.
Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by reedonne: 5:19pm On Dec 19, 2013
I dont think that APC too can fight corruption looking at how they are invinting people like Atiku and obj. i am sure they must promise those people something.Furthermore even if they dont use ibb he will always be a godfather. can u tell me that godfatherism wont lead 2 corruption.
Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by ratiken(m): 5:19pm On Dec 19, 2013
Anybody born of a woman who looks at these achievements and wave them off needs his head checked. I would implore such person to go back in time and help dig half of such achievements in 3yrs by any previous administrator. GEJ might not be all that but he is really the fresh air different from what we've always seen in this country. The freedom of expression and association among the political sphere is his highest point. The opposition today has a voice cos of the nature of this administration. I am so so impressed.
Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 19, 2013
dyweb: It is just so ridiculous. Most of the people praising him now are people who have been thrashing him all along. Now that the op has spoon fed you with cheap talk you are all ranting.

A competent president does not need all this to prove that he is a true leader a good example is mandela. His works speaks for him.

Development in Nigeria starts from within Aso rock. If jonathan cant curb corruption in Aso rock, Nigeria will never move forward, mark my word.

Anyone who praises this man is a complete fool to the core. A man who use 1 billion to feed his family, a man who supported stella oduah purchasing those expensive cars.

The money federal goverment is getting is nothing compared to this project you mentioned above. WHY CANT PEOPLE VIEW IT FROM THIS ANGLE.

Ask any of the lowest class of Nigerians if jonathan is working and you will hear the true answer.

While you are praising him for handling PHCN to private companies. HAVE YOU EVER ASK YOURSELF WHO ARE THE OWNERS OF THESE COMPANIES. They are mostly politicians. Whether they are privatised or nots, their figure heads are still politicians who collect returns and this lead to the PROBLEM CORRUPTION.

I bet you, all what you typed are temporary. Come back here in a few years time and tell me if all these infrastructure are still like the time they were developed. Who will maintain this things, Are they not politicians.

If it was a state government you typed all this shit for, it would have been better since it would atleast be maintained. But for a president that surrounds himself with clueless and corrupt people, you will agree that this are just temporary.

Where are all the roads he built in his first year, your answer is as good as mine.
A government that depleted our foreign reserves, currently trying to raise allocation for his government, Increased feul pump rise and yet you type this rubbish and claim our president is working.

Do you know without stealing and diverting funds his great great grandchildren can and will never be poor.Still they are still piling up money for themselves at any given oppurtunity. You and i will never understand because we are very comfortable and can take care of ourselves. However the poor ones are not happy. Imagine a poor family who tried so much and ensure that their children graduate without being able to secure jobs. Please dont start telling me they need to start thinking as an enterpreneur. What will they use to start up anything, is not through money. How will such type of people get money if not by getting a job first.

My only advice is for the man Gej is to stop being corrupt and also fight CORRUPTION AND BAD MAINTANANCE in the country. When he does this other things will follow easily without him trying hard to do it like he is doing now. By then he would not be worried about one minister not completing his/her projects throughout the country.
This will lead to a new Nigeria, employment, stable electricity and good and well maintaned infrastrutures.

No matter what GEj does. If he does not fight corruption, I will never vote for him.

I REST MY CASE.
bravo.
Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 19, 2013
dyweb: It is just so ridiculous. Most of the people praising him now are people who have been thrashing him all along. Now that the op has spoon fed you with cheap talk you are all ranting.

A competent president does not need all this to prove that he is a true leader a good example is mandela. His works speaks for him.

Development in Nigeria starts from within Aso rock. If jonathan cant curb corruption in Aso rock, Nigeria will never move forward, mark my word.

Anyone who praises this man is a complete fool to the core. A man who use 1 billion to feed his family, a man who supported stella oduah purchasing those expensive cars.

The money federal goverment is getting is nothing compared to this project you mentioned above. WHY CANT PEOPLE VIEW IT FROM THIS ANGLE.

Ask any of the lowest class of Nigerians if jonathan is working and you will hear the true answer.

While you are praising him for handling PHCN to private companies. HAVE YOU EVER ASK YOURSELF WHO ARE THE OWNERS OF THESE COMPANIES. They are mostly politicians. Whether they are privatised or nots, their figure heads are still politicians who collect returns and this lead to the PROBLEM CORRUPTION.

I bet you, all what you typed are temporary. Come back here in a few years time and tell me if all these infrastructure are still like the time they were developed. Who will maintain this things, Are they not politicians.

If it was a state government you typed all this shit for, it would have been better since it would atleast be maintained. But for a president that surrounds himself with clueless and corrupt people, you will agree that this are just temporary.

Where are all the roads he built in his first year, your answer is as good as mine.
A government that depleted our foreign reserves, currently trying to raise allocation for his government, Increased feul pump rise and yet you type this rubbish and claim our president is working.

Do you know without stealing and diverting funds his great great grandchildren can and will never be poor.Still they are still piling up money for themselves at any given oppurtunity. You and i will never understand because we are very comfortable and can take care of ourselves. However the poor ones are not happy. Imagine a poor family who tried so much and ensure that their children graduate without being able to secure jobs. Please dont start telling me they need to start thinking as an enterpreneur. What will they use to start up anything, is not through money. How will such type of people get money if not by getting a job first.

My only advice is for the man Gej is to stop being corrupt and also fight CORRUPTION AND BAD MAINTANANCE in the country. When he does this other things will follow easily without him trying hard to do it like he is doing now. By then he would not be worried about one minister not completing his/her projects throughout the country.
This will lead to a new Nigeria, employment, stable electricity and good and well maintaned infrastrutures.

No matter what GEj does. If he does not fight corruption, I will never vote for him.

I REST MY CASE.
bravo.
Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by Akiika: 5:34pm On Dec 19, 2013
LOL....all these Reno Omokri employees. We know they buy you IPads and pay you to propagate all these stupid propaganda, you even have a coordinator in Bayelsa.
Una dey shoot una self for leg, you guys are dumb and not properly trained. GEJ actually did the opposite of most of these things highlighted.
GEJ's a$$ is on fire now, he may not survive the first quarter of the year.
Impeeeeeachment!!!
Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by duerap: 6:11pm On Dec 19, 2013
The most difficult part of the amazement is that i dont even see any project from the south-south here! May be, just may be, that's why GEJ is being called clueless - lack of ethnicity in his blood. Wake up GEJ! Do something for your people; you are wasting all your energy on these ungrateful and perfidious wretches!
Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by ratiken(m): 6:26pm On Dec 19, 2013

I REST MY CASE.
Your post reeks of negativity and hopelessness. One step at a time will get us to our destination. Acknowledge every gain and move to the next. Ours is a journey not a destination.
Dont be too hard on yourself, its obvious this is progress.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Osinbajo Represents Buhari In Burkina Faso 2 Address Its Political Coup(pics) / This CJN Statement Weeks Ago Was A Pointer To The Supreme Court Judgements / Sanwo-Olu Visits Opebi Maryland Ojota Link Bridge Project (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.