Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides (4120 Views)

Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives / Defence HQ Press Release on The Purported Shekau Video In Circulation / Iyabo Obasanjo Poised For Ministerial Appointment After Losing Senate Seat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by Clerverly: 4:15pm On Dec 18, 2013
OAM4J: .

Why are you so mischievous?

The original title from where you copied the story says "Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s letter a forgery – ex-President Obasanjo’s family members, aides"

And you changed it to "Iyabo Obasanjo’s Shocking Letter: Iyabo Obasanjo Snub The Media" in other to create confusion and satisfy your personal mischievous goal.

You have been warned to desist from this habit of manipulating stories.

BTW, AIT also tweeted that there is a denial from Iyabo Obasanjo.

[img]http://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1472386_Obasanjo-and-Iyabo-2-ubanbangz__jpgba46290ada0b05525f001917ff67c1f3[/img]

This your warning amounts to double standard, i was handed a 1 month ban for committing no offence and here he committed what should amount to grievous infraction and you are patting him on the back. smh for these mods!
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by OAM4J: 4:21pm On Dec 18, 2013
Clerverly:

This your warning amounts to double standard, i was handed a 1 month ban for committing no offence and here he committed what should amount to grievous infraction and you are patting him on the back. smh for these mods!

Sorry for you ban if truly you committed no offense. Apart from your ban log stating that you were banned for posting a false info at a time, I have no knowledge of the whole story or what transpired.
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by Nobody: 4:24pm On Dec 18, 2013

The original title from where you copied the story says "Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s letter a forgery – ex-President Obasanjo’s family members, aides"

And you changed it to "Iyabo Obasanjo’s Shocking Letter: Iyabo Obasanjo Snub The Media" in other to create confusion and satisfy your personal mischievous goal.

[img]http://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1472386_Obasanjo-and-Iyabo-2-ubanbangz__jpgba46290ada0b05525f001917ff67c1f3[/img]
There is no rule that says I must maintain the same headline as the national daily. Provided the headline in question tallies with the content of the report, I dont think it should worry you. I am neither under obligation to use the same headline as the national daily nor copy and paste the entire report. After all the people who create these headlines for the national dailies are human beings like you and I.

The headline I chose for this thread tallies with the aspect of the report that I copied and pasted. I dont know why my choice of headline should be giving you headache. Is it because of your political inclination?

There are rules governming this forum and both members and moderators should abide by it. If Seun modifies the rules today to state that we must maintain the same headline as the national dailies, I'll gladly abide by it.

I also kindly request that you restore my initial headline. I consider the forceful change of the headline of this thread is an abuse of your powers as a moderator.

14 Likes

Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by jmaine: 4:34pm On Dec 18, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
There is no rule that says I must maintain the same headline as the national daily. Provided the headline in question tallies with the content of the report, I dont think it should worry you. I am neither under obligation to use the same headline as the national daily nor copy and paste the entire report. After all the people who create these headlines for the national dailies are human beings like you and I.

The headline I chose for this thread tallies with the aspect of the report that I copied and pasted. I dont know why my choice of headline should be giving you headache. Is it because of your political inclination?

There are rules governming this forum and both members and moderators should abide by it. If Seun modifies the rules today to state that we must maintain the same headline as the national dailies, I'll gladly abide by it.

I also kindly request that you restore my initial headline. I consider the forceful change of the headline of this thread is an abuse of your powers as a moderator.

Supported . . . .

9 Likes

Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by c0llynz02: 4:35pm On Dec 18, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

Change the headline back to what you want and damn the consequences.
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by Sloan: 4:44pm On Dec 18, 2013

Good one OAM4J! This is the kind of fight we the general people of NL do all day against misinformation and it is quite refreshing to see mods step in and do the right thing. I notice that all the rebuttal threads are being closed and being shoehorned into a single one but threads about the original letter are being allowed to have multiple threads. Let us make what is good for the goose, good for the gander by treating both the same: all into a single thread! Good one again and may you mods keep looking out for lies which we cannot correct ourselves (e.g. a change of a topic heading like the insincere9gerian did here).
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by chi3280(m): 4:44pm On Dec 18, 2013
c0llynz02: Change the headline back to what you want and damn the consequences.
let him dare try it and see what happens next!!
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by Sloan: 4:45pm On Dec 18, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

In that case, create your own original news story and post it up on your website or blog, not plagiarize another man's work like a thief and dishonest soul that you actually are!

1 Like

Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by checkfidel: 4:47pm On Dec 18, 2013
If a rule was broken, hammer, if not unban then you can modify iff it is necessary.
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by OAM4J: 4:53pm On Dec 18, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

I am not a kid to dance round the bush with you. You can change or modify the original title to the extent your modified title is not misleading or or a complete deviation from the content of the story.

You have been warned.

9 Likes

Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by eye4eye: 5:01pm On Dec 18, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

God damn you! God punish you for your misinformation and misrepresentation of facts. GEJ and his followers do this everyday on social network. God damn you once again.

1 Like

Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by Nobody: 5:01pm On Dec 18, 2013
ilugunboy:

Stop warning the guy....deal with him. That is the only way to tame his often infantile exuberance....
You can write whatever you like but Seun did not build this great forum by conspiring with rats to ban members who are of different political inclination or tribe. There are rules governing this forum and both moderators and members must strictly abide by it. There is no rule that allows moderators to create their own PERSONAL rules (or rules within rules) and ban or warn members on the basis of that.

8 Likes

Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by Igwe9(m): 5:02pm On Dec 18, 2013
The OP is right,

Creating a thread is different from posting a false information. He is free to pick any portion of the write up and use it as his own topic head on here unless the rule says otherwise but how can it be so when we create thread out of a purported interview on radio that doesn't have a substantiatable source . BTW, the source's choice of topic head is an individual opinion and shouldn't be enforced on another.

6 Likes

Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by Nobody: 5:04pm On Dec 18, 2013
c0llynz02: Change the headline back to what you want and damn the consequences.

as if you will be there to serve the one-month ban with him..

1 Like

Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by Nobody: 5:06pm On Dec 18, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
You can write whatever you like but Seun did not build this great forum by conspiring with rats to ban members who are of different political inclination or tribe. There are rules governing this forum and both moderators and members must strictly abide by it. There is no rule that allows moderators to create their own PERSONAL rules (or rules within rules) and ban or warn members on the basis of that.

Keep pushing your luck....

If you keep changing headlines for sensationalism....you will suffer for it...even Seun that you are in the habit of dropping his name will punish you.
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by chi3280(m): 5:10pm On Dec 18, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Dude, scroll down to the bottom of this page and read the "disclaimer notice". Its because of people like you who twist headlines of stories to score political marks that Seun put that notice.
As the moderator has said, BE WARNED!!
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by donphilopus: 5:14pm On Dec 18, 2013
I enjoin the MODs to ban this E-rat, anytime he does this hocus pocus again! He's just an attention seeking nitwit.
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by superstar1(m): 5:15pm On Dec 18, 2013
Igwe.:
The OP is right,

Creating a thread is different from posting a false information. He is free to pick any portion of the write up and use it as his own topic head on here unless the rule says otherwise but how can it be so when we create thread out of a purported interview on radio that does not a substantiatable source . BTW, the source's choice of topic head is an individual opinion and shouldn't be enforced on another.

So if a yoruba guy kills an igboman over their personal issues in lagos and I decide to sensationlize it by reporting Yorubas are killing igbos in Lagos.

How does that look Mr. What reaction will that elicit.

Fashola deported a handful of destitutes and such sensationalism like the OP made the Igbos all over the world to be panicking and asking questions about what is happening in Nigeria.

There should be an expected level of maturity and decorum.
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by Nobody: 5:15pm On Dec 18, 2013
Yet another angle.

Breaking News: IYABO Obasanjo’s bombshell: ‘I STAND BY MY LETTER’

18/12/2013

•Letter genuine —Vanguard Editor

Senator Iyabo Obasanjo, daughter of former President Olusegun Obasanjo, is standing by her earth-shaking letter published this morning in Vanguard newspaper and reproduced by News Express as well as some other media.

“We have contrary information. We have spoken with her several times today and she’s standing by her letter. We have her on record, so it’s not a problem,” Vanguard Editor Mideno Bayagbon said when News Express called minutes ago to get his reaction to the news making the rounds that Iyabo has disowned the letter.

Asked what he made of the radio programme in which Iyabo reportedly denied writing the letter, the Vanguard Editor said: “I did not watch or listen to it, so I do not know who appeared on the programme.”

Bayagbon disclosed that that Vanguard has more on the issue, saying: “We are doing an update tomorrow.”

It would be recalled that in the 11-page explosive letter dated December 16, 2013, Senator Iyabo described retired Gen. Obasanjo as a liar, manipulator, and two-faced hypocrite determined to foist on President Goodluck Jonathan what no one would contemplate with him as president.

Senator Iyabo Obasanjo further accused her father of having an egoistic craving for power and living a life where only men of low esteem and intellect thrive.

She berated Obasanjo for orchestrating a third term for himself as president, cruelty to family members, abandonment of children and grandchildren, and also, a legendary reputation of maltreatment of women.

Iyabo told him pointblank that he does not own Nigeria and should stop deceiving himslef.

From the tone of the letter, it is obvious that Iyabo, first child of the former president, strongly believes that her father ought to be in jail on account of his numerous atrocities. She started the letter titled, Open Letter to my Father with a 4th century Chinese proverb by Mencius which states: “The great man is he who does not lose his child’s heart.”

Iyabo wrote in the introductory part of the letter: “It brings me no joy to have to write this but since you started this trend of open letters I thought I would follow suit since you don’t listen to anyone anyway. The only way to reach you may be to make the public aware of some things. As a child well brought up by my long-suffering mother in Yoruba tradition, I have been reluctant to tell the truth about you but as it seems you still continue to delude yourself about the kind of person you are and I think for posterity’s sake it is time to set the records straight.”

The former senator denied any political motive for her letter. As she wrote, “This letter is not in support of President Jonathan or APC or any other group or person, but an outpouring from my soul to God. I don’t blame you for the many atrocities you have been able to get away with, Nigerians were your enablers every step of the way. People ultimately get leaders that reflect them.”

The former senator, who was provoked into writing the letter by Obasanjo’s recent 18-page letter to President Jonathan, has ruled out further communication with her father till death.

•Photo shows Senator Iyabo Obasanjo.

Source: http://www.newsexpressngr.com/
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by Demdem(m): 5:21pm On Dec 18, 2013
Ngwakwe: For my side, I haven't made any comment (for or in defence) until the whole story unfolds.

We shouldn't be discussing people and their family matters unless there are leaked policies and programmes that have impeded the development of Nigeria and how we can collectively destroy such monster.

u are gradually allowing the spirit to talk through u deeperlifer.

Whats my business with OBJ family? how does it affect the foolishness and stupidity being displayed by Jonathan in Aso Rock which OBJ correctly pointed out? That is my primary concern
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by BennoitKenny: 5:21pm On Dec 18, 2013
But, Iyabo Bello is concerned over the character the old father at 76 displayed on a letter that wanted to turn the whole country into dust,and that was why his own daughter has to correct him openly because OBJ zooms open matters. The way he intends to thread upon false hood that is the same way he must be threaded upon by the people he never expected also.
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by Nobody: 5:25pm On Dec 18, 2013
Demdem:

u are gradually allowing the spirit to talk through u deeperlifer.

Whats my business with OBJ family? how does it affect the foolishness and stupidity being displayed by Jonathan in Aso Rock which OBJ correctly pointed out? That is my primary concern

That is the koko of the matter...family squabbles don't and can't affect my life.....GEJ ineptitudes...actions and inactions could.

That is why these GEJ supporters dance of shame over this purported Iyabo's letter is befuddling to say the least.
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by Nobody: 5:37pm On Dec 18, 2013
OAM4J:

I am not a kid to dance round the bush with you. You can change or modify the original title to the extent your modified title is not misleading or or a complete deviation from the content of the story.

You have been warned.
You can ban me as many times as you like, I dont bloody care. I dont care about any useless ban on a faceless anonymous forum.

You'r clearly confused. Out of your desperation to find fault and having seen the folly in your initial post, you changed the alleged offence from "changing" titles and "manipulating" stories which you accused me of in your first post to creating "misleading" title in your second post. .
You see how confused you can become when you embark on a senseless fault-finding voyage?

So who determines what is "misleading"?
When Iyabo Obasanjo fails to respond to enquiries from Premium Times, can that not be described as a snub? And if you think it's not a snub, what is it? What evidence do you have to show that it is not a snub?

All I can see here is a despot who is unable to remove partisan sentiments from his duties as a moderator.

We know that, being APC chieftain, you wish the Iyabo Obj letter was false but that is your personal wish and should never have interfered with your job as a moderator.

11 Likes

Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by omanzo02: 5:42pm On Dec 18, 2013
eGuerrilla: Yet another angle.

Source: http://www.newsexpressngr.com/
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by idumuose(m): 5:42pm On Dec 18, 2013
Let them try as much as possible to deny that iyabo wrote
the letter,the truth wil surely surface by tomorrow I promise.
FFk is denying.He says Iyabo wouldn't write such.We are
waiting.We shall see who will finally bear the shame btween
Iyabo on one side and FFk on the other side.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Musings On The State Of Biafra - By Joe Onwukeme / Full Text of Bishop Kukah's Interview With Channels TV / MTN Wants $5.2bn Fine Slashed By 80%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.