Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides (4121 Views)

Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives / Defence HQ Press Release on The Purported Shekau Video In Circulation / Iyabo Obasanjo Poised For Ministerial Appointment After Losing Senate Seat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by Gboliwe: 5:42pm On Dec 18, 2013
Errrrm, Sincere9jarian and OAM4J, both of you should go to the chat bar and down some beer, the bill is on me. cool
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by Nobody: 5:43pm On Dec 18, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
You can ban me as many times as you like, I dont bloody care. I dont care about any useless ban on a faceless anonymous forum.

You'r clearly confused. Out of your desperation to find fault and having seen the folly in your initial post, you changed the alleged offence from "changing" and "manipulating" stories which you accused me of in your first post to creating "misleading" title in your second post. .
You see how confused you can become when you embark on a senseless fault-finding voyage?

So who determines what is "misleading"?
When Iyabo Obasanjo fails to respond to enquiries from Premium Times, can that not be described as a snub? And if you think it's not a snub, what is it? What evidence do you have to show that it is not a snub?

All I can see here is a despot who is unable to remove partisan sentiments from his duties as a moderator.

We know that, being APC chieftain, you wish the Iyabo Obj letter was false but that is your personal wish and should never have interfered with your job as a moderator.

Stop changing titles of articles authored by others to suit your proclivities.
It is as disingenuous as it is dishonest and does not portray you in a good light.

Just some unsolicited advice.

2 Likes

Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by WilyWily8: 5:45pm On Dec 18, 2013
ilugunboy:

Keep pushing your luck....

If you keep changing headlines for sensationalism....you will suffer for it...even Seun that you are in the habit of dropping his name will punish you.
Stop crying and run now, Iyabo is coming for you

1 Like

Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by idumuose(m): 5:51pm On Dec 18, 2013
Another iyabo will soon surface on adaba fm Akure to discredit
the letter.
Another iyabo will again surface on unity fm awka to deny she
wrote the letter.
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by debetmx(m): 5:55pm On Dec 18, 2013
Who effing deleted my post?
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by Nobody: 5:58pm On Dec 18, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Stop changing titles of articles authored by others to suit your proclivities.
It is as disingenuous as it is dishonest and does not portray you in a good light.

Just some unsolicited advice.

Your advice makes sense.

But if we go on the basis of rules, there is no basis for OAM4J to be mis-behaving on this thread.

1 Like

Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by vizboy(m): 5:59pm On Dec 18, 2013
I thought the said woman is in Us

How come she was in rainbow fm to discredit the said letter
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by djfaithy: 6:01pm On Dec 18, 2013
eye4eye: God damn you! God punish you for your misinformation and misrepresentation of facts. GEJ and his followers do this everyday on social network. God damn you once again.
. Amen on my behalf,............... Amen amen amen on behalf of every Nigerians that are yet to taste food or water today because they don't have,............. Amen amen amen on behalf of every hard working tax payers whose money are being looted by his paymasters, amen amen and amen on behalf of those that have lost their lives due to negligence and selfishness of the government that he(insincere9gerian) is fighting for.....AMEN AMEN and BIG AMEN on behalf of all of our future generation that might share in this pain and suffering, I pray he never know peace except if he's truly on the right course.
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by Sloan: 6:05pm On Dec 18, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Your advice makes sense. However, when its a report (not an article) I suppose I can take the part of it and create a thread based on it. Also when its an interview, I dont see anything wrong in taking parts of the interview and creating threads on it.

But if we go on the basis of rules, there is no basis for OAM4J to be mis-behaving on this thread.

You are ABSOLUTELY WRONG! Did you attend school at all fake doctor from Enugu? It is already well established in every university worth its salt in the world that when you quote a source, (NOT QUOTE), you also give a reference where it can be individually verified. You cannot paraphrase a source to say what it did not and you cannot change the meaning of the information in anyway. That is what you've done! You can not for example change the TITLE (AT ALL)! Yes, you can summarize a 3 page article in 1 paragraph but you cannot modify the message to suit another means, and then slap on a title that is different from the original title. In case you are too dumb to know, the title is in fact the meat of the issue original writer wanted to pass across and as soon as you change that (to suit you evil machinations), you become guilty of plagiarism, intellectual dishonesty and lose every reputation in the academic community! Of course, every NL knows that you have ZERO reputation on this forum and the day the retardumbo finishes his tenure, is removed, killed, captured or taken away from power (whatever happens to him is not my concern), your life is finished!

1 Like

Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by Sloan: 6:10pm On Dec 18, 2013
vizboy: I thought the said woman is in Us

See a sensible man asking questions! I wonder where your types hide in Nigeria! Yes, she is in the US and could not have been in Rainbow in Nigeria. Ask, what phone number did they call? How did they receive the letter in the first place? If you look at the copies online, you will see it was scanned from a photocopy, just look at the top left edge where it was stapled and you will see the dark spots. The letter was not signed either in her original, long hand signature. You mean anyone educated rights such an important and controversial letter of 11 pages, say it took her 2 hours to do it all and forgot to sign in less than 5 seconds? If it was sent by email, Vanguard better be ready to show the original email trace in which the MX records will show it came from a computer in Massachusetts where she lives. If she sent it by DHL, they better be ready to present the evidence!

2 Likes

Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by Nobody: 6:11pm On Dec 18, 2013
Sloan:

You are ABSOLUTELY WRONG! Did you attend school at all fake doctor from Enugu? It is already well established in every university worth its salt in the world that when you quote a source, (NOT QUOTE), you also give a reference where it can be individually verified. You cannot paraphrase a source to say what it did not and you cannot change the meaning of the information in anyway. That is what you've done! You can not for example change the TITLE (AT ALL)! Yes, you can summarize a 3 page article in 1 paragraph but you cannot modify the message to suit another means, and then slap on a title that is different from the original title. In case you are too dumb to know, the title is in fact the meat of the issue original writer wanted to pass across and as soon as you change that (to suit you evil machinations), you become guilty of plagiarism, intellectual dishonesty and lose every reputation in the academic community! Of course, every NL knows that you have ZERO reputation on this forum and the day the retardumbo finishes his tenure, is removed, killed, captured or taken away from power (whatever happens to him is not my concern), your life is finished!
What was that? Nonsensical heap of rubbish.
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by chi3280(m): 6:12pm On Dec 18, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Your advice makes sense. However, when its a report (not an article) I suppose I can take the part of it and create a thread based on it. Also when its an interview, I dont see anything wrong in taking parts of the interview and creating threads on it.

Lamentations of a paid sycophant! Save yourself the stress and quit crying like a child in dire need of breastmilk.
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by djfaithy: 6:16pm On Dec 18, 2013
Sloan:

See a sensible man asking questions! I wonder where your types hide in Nigeria! Yes, she is in the US and could not have been in Rainbow in Nigeria. Ask, what phone number did they call? How did they receive the letter in the first place? If you look at the copies online, you will see it was scanned from a photocopy, just look at the top left edge where it was stapled and you will see the dark spots. The letter was not signed either in her original, long hand signature. You mean anyone educated rights such an important and controversial letter of 11 pages, say it took her 2 hours to do it all and forgot to sign in less than 5 seconds? If it was sent by email, Vanguard better be ready to show the original email trace in which the MX records will show it came from a computer in Massachusetts where she lives. If she sent it by DHL, they better be ready to present the evidence!
. May you continue to enjoy the peace of the lord forever and ever amen.
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by chi3280(m): 6:16pm On Dec 18, 2013
Sloan:

Don't mind the illiterate. He's been affected by ASUU strike. See him below:

2 Likes

Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by jazzydee: 6:16pm On Dec 18, 2013
oam4j you have allowed your political inclination to becloud you sense of judgement, your job as a moderator is not to stifle people with opposing view but to create an enabling environment for both views to be expressed.

I don't blame you for this for you are a product of the environment you come from, disagreeing without being disagreeable is a new concept for Nigerians, Hope you grow up and stop suffering from the mightier than thou attitude that got your hero Obasanjo in the mess he created that you are desperately trying to shield him from.
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by biafranqueen: 6:26pm On Dec 18, 2013
vizboy: I thought the said woman is in Us

Don't mind them she is in the USA and she was not on Rainbow FM and Vanguard has not retracted the letter. Every single one of her family members can say she did not write it, but until Iyabo comes out and says she did not, then I believe she did. Aside from the family issues, I wish we could look deeply into what she said about the political aspect of trying to do something for the people. I happen to have family that hold offices in Nigerian politics,they were also schooled abroad and had hopes in changing Nigeria and standing up for the people. Unfortunately, they said it is nearly impossible. The old guard does not want to change the way they conduct affairs in Nigeria. It just saddens me that we as a people continue to support leaders that openly abuse power. How can things change when people are still thinking that corruption is the order of the day. Amechi even told us that when they leave a bunch of new crooks will step in and we the people won't do nothing about it. I wish we could prove him wrong.

Leaders are a reflection of the people sad
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by nuclearboy(m): 6:26pm On Dec 18, 2013
PDP versus PDP!

Very nice! However, if this did come from the presidency, they should expect OBJ's vengeance!

All the better for Nigeria and Nigerians! Those celebrating this purpoted insult from his daughter should remember this only adds to GEJ's woes and enemies!

God really is showing love for us - make dey send assassins and kill themselves (not just letters) so a responsible government comes
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by Longeria(m): 6:29pm On Dec 18, 2013
Seun: This is very confusing. We need to get a TV set in our office.
come and take to plasma TV, but on condition............................

Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by vizboy(m): 6:34pm On Dec 18, 2013
biafranqueen: Don't mind them she is in the USA and she was not on Rainbow FM and Vanguard has not retracted the letter. Every single one of her family members can say she did not write it, but until Iyabo comes out and says she did not, then I believe she did. Aside from the family issues, I wish we could look deeply into what she said about the political aspect of trying to do something for the people. I happen to have family that hold offices in Nigerian politics,they were also schooled abroad and had hopes in changing Nigeria and standing up for the people. Unfortunately, they said it is nearly impossible. The old guard does not want to change the way they conduct affairs in Nigeria. It just saddens me that we as a people continue to support leaders that openly abuse power. How can things change when people are still thinking that corruption is the order of the day. Amechi even told us that when they leave a bunch of new crooks will step in and we the people won't do nothing about it. I wish we could prove him wrong.

Leaders are a reflection of the people sad

The Nigeria politics is becoming clearer everyday to we the voters and I believe at the next election, we shall tell we hold the key to this country and not them.

1 Like

Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by superstar1(m): 6:39pm On Dec 18, 2013
vizboy:

The Nigeria politics is becoming clearer everyday to we the voters and I believe at the next election, we shall tell we hold the key to this country and not them.

Yimu.

Is it not the evil options they give to you, you will choose from?

There should be room for independent candidature.

1 Like

Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by biafranqueen: 6:44pm On Dec 18, 2013
vizboy:

I hear you Vizboy, but at this point the only person I would trust to be President is the 11 year old girl on the other thread. Which one these thieves, will fight for us? I have not seem any candidate worthy anywhere in Government have you? Maybe Awaka Ibom Governor but yet and still it is not just the President or the Party it is the mind set of the citizens. A responsible leader can not lead irresponsible citizens. When will we start holding them accountable?
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by biafranqueen: 6:46pm On Dec 18, 2013
superstar1:

Yimu.

You are absolutely correct!!!
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by vizboy(m): 6:52pm On Dec 18, 2013
superstar1:

Yimu.

yes at the upcoming election,if they dont do well after that we vote them out. That is how it will be till we get the right leader.

Just like it is happening in edo state.

When it happens this way they would learn to present their best at the upcoming election
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by PointB: 6:57pm On Dec 18, 2013
I don't really understand why the Mod (OAM4j) is hounding Sincere 9gerian on thread titling. Or would it have suffice to start a thread with different heading and one's own content and backed it up with a newspaper report? We have seen different news source choose to report same stories in different headings. How about in case where the original title of the newspaper report is misleading, who checks or censor them? The link below is an example of misleading news media heading:

http://247ureports.com/ohanaeze-youths-on-war-path-with-igbo-elders-over-gifts-from-mr-president/

Not a single mention of 'gift' let alone the type, was in the body of the news. Yet it was ran with such sensational heading. The same heading was used to create this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/1558201/ohanaeze-youths-war-path-igbo

We didn't see any Mod complain about the misleading newspaper heading. What do we do under this circumstance?

Furthermore, publicly warning (or threatening) a poster is also counter productive - it create tension, and resistance. It would suffice to point at the relevant section(s) of the forum rules breached and apply necessary sanction. If warning is needed, let it be done privately.

7 Likes

Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by jamace(m): 7:04pm On Dec 18, 2013
Rainbow FM denies speaking with Iyabo Obasanjo:

https://www.nairaland.com/1560672/rainbow-fm-deny-speaking-iyabo

1 Like

Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by 99100(m): 7:05pm On Dec 18, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
There is no rule that says I must maintain the same headline as the national daily. Provided the headline in question tallies with the content of the report, I dont think it should worry you. I am neither under obligation to use the same headline as the national daily nor copy and paste the entire report. After all the people who create these headlines for the national dailies are human beings like you and I.

The headline I chose for this thread tallies with the aspect of the report that I copied and pasted. I dont know why my choice of headline should be giving you headache. Is it because of your political inclination?

There are rules governming this forum and both members and moderators should abide by it. If Seun modifies the rules today to state that we must maintain the same headline as the national dailies, I'll gladly abide by it.

I also kindly request that you restore my initial headline. I consider the forceful change of the headline of this thread is an abuse of your powers as a moderator.
Seconded.
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by Chamackh(m): 7:18pm On Dec 18, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Your advice makes sense.

I dey gbadun your unstampeded nature and lifestyle.
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by Nobody: 7:21pm On Dec 18, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Your advice makes sense.

I am glad to see that others have also drawn your attention to the same point.
Frankly, I think that by abusing posting privileges, you are leaving the forum owner liable to charges of plagiarism elsewhere. Whereas to you exercising poetic license, as you deem fit, might seem inconsequential, I have cases like this which end up in the law courts.

@PointB,
The example you provided does not lend support to @Sincere 9gerian's case, as the @OP of that thread maintained its original title.
I would have thought that it is up to folks like us (commentators), to counter factual inaccuracies within the body of an article in cases where such applies.

Notice how the Independent newspaper conveys same point but with a less incendiary title...

Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by Gamji007: 7:25pm On Dec 18, 2013
jmaine:

Supported . . . .

Follow-follow!

See as u de follow ur Oga for yansh!

3 Likes

Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by 99100(m): 7:28pm On Dec 18, 2013
donphilopus: I enjoin the MODs to ban this E-rat, anytime he does this hocus pocus again! He's just an attention seeking nitwit.

Sincere 9gerian commands attention even without seeking for it.He is as popular as his posts/views.
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by Nobody: 7:29pm On Dec 18, 2013
eGuerrilla:

I am glad to see that others have also drawn your attention to the same point.
Frankly, I think that by abusing posting privileges, you are leaving the forum owner liable to charges of plagiarism elsewhere. Whereas to you exercising poetic license, as you deem fit, might seem inconsequential, I have cases like this which end up in the law courts.

@PointB,
The example you provided does not lend support to @Sincere 9gerian's case, as the @OP of that thread maintained its original title.
I would have thought that it is up to folks like us (commentators), to counter factual inaccuracies within the body of an article in cases where such applies.

Notice how the Independent newspaper conveys same point but with a less incendiary title...

I can connect with your line of arguement but not that of OAM4J.

1 Like

Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by Nobody: 7:37pm On Dec 18, 2013
99/100:

Sincere 9gerian commands attention even without seeking for it.He is as popular as his posts/views.
Dont mind that rat. A rat will always reason like a rat.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pat Utomi Dumps APC, To Run For Delta Governorship Race Under PDP. / Just In Another Helicopter Crash In Girel, Yola Right Now. / My Personal Experience With Goodluck Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.