Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,586 members, 7,820,116 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides (4122 Views)

Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives / Defence HQ Press Release on The Purported Shekau Video In Circulation / Iyabo Obasanjo Poised For Ministerial Appointment After Losing Senate Seat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by Ngokafor(f): 7:43pm On Dec 18, 2013
..i dont know why these insecure folks love to hound Sincere9gerian so much on this forum.One comment from him and they all file out like soldier ants obstructing our view with incoherent insults.It's getting so boring and comical.
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by PointB: 7:50pm On Dec 18, 2013
eGuerrilla:

I am glad to see that others have also drawn your attention to the same point.
Frankly, I think that by abusing posting privileges, you are leaving the forum owner liable to charges of plagiarism elsewhere. Whereas to you exercising poetic license, as you deem fit, might seem inconsequential, I have cases like this which end up in the law courts.

@PointB,
The example you provided does not lend support to @Sincere 9gerian's case, as the @OP of that thread maintained its original title.
I would have thought that it is up to folks like us (commentators), to counter factual inaccuracies within the body of an article in cases where such applies.

Notice how the Independent newspaper conveys same point but with a less incendiary title...

Depends on how you look at it. My point of view is that the original heading might also be misleading. In that case, is correcting such misleading heading title wrong? Must we necessary use the original title, even when it does not convey the message body and when there is no forum rule against such?

4 Likes

Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by c0llynz02: 7:50pm On Dec 18, 2013
I don't know what the fuss is all about, some of these moderators can't hide their bias.
Even the moderators modify titles of threads before bringing them to front page.
Let us take a look at some of the threads currently on front page shall we?
Okonjo-Iweala to present 2014 budget
Thursday

was the title of this thread
www.nairaland.com/1560328/okonjo-iweala-present-2014-budget-national from the website and from the OP but the openly anti-SE / anti Jonathan mod called Mukinotu modified it to
Jonathan Sends Okonjo-Iweala To Present 2014 Budget To National Assembly and no one killed her for it including the mod currently running his mouth here.

6 Likes

Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by c0llynz02: 8:00pm On Dec 18, 2013
The title of this thread www.nairaland.com/1559018/ateke-tom-shows-off-pet-lions was
Ateke Tom Shows-off His Pet Lions
but Mukinotu in order to suit her agenda chaged the title to
Niger-Delta Vigilante Leader Ateke Tom Shows-off His Pet Lions again, no one killed her for it.

4 Likes

Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by Nobody: 8:02pm On Dec 18, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
I can connect with your line of arguement but not that of OAM4J.

Okay.
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by Nobody: 8:03pm On Dec 18, 2013
PointB:

Depends on how you look at it. My point of view is that the original heading might also be misleading. In that case, is correcting such misleading heading title wrong? Must we necessary use the original title, even when it does not convey the message body even when there is no forum rule against such?

If the original title is misleading, it is probably best to look for a different source altogether. No?
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by PointB: 8:07pm On Dec 18, 2013
eGuerrilla:

If the original title is misleading, it is probably best to look for a different source altogether. No?

What if there is no other source (as at time of posting)?
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by jmaine: 8:11pm On Dec 18, 2013
Gamji007:

Follow-follow!

See as u de follow ur Oga for yansh!

And you come dey follow me for nyash . . . .Na you worse pass . . . .

5 Likes

Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by Gamji007: 8:22pm On Dec 18, 2013
jmaine:

I just de observe your sycophancy!

3 Likes

Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by TechWalker007: 8:23pm On Dec 18, 2013
c0llynz02: I don't know what the fuss is all about, some of these moderators can't hide their bias.
Even the moderators modify titles of threads before bringing them to front page.
Thursday

www.nairaland.com/1560328/okonjo-iweala-present-2014-budget-national from the website and from the OP but the openly anti-SE / anti Jonathan mod called Mukinotu modified it to
Jonathan Sends Okonjo-Iweala To Present 2014 Budget To National Assembly and no one killed her for it including the mod currently running his mouth here.

Sincerely, you cannot count the number of anti-GEJ threads that they modify the title to suit specific purpose.
It's the same for many anti-APC threads. It's both ways.

1 Like

Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by jmaine: 8:23pm On Dec 18, 2013
Gamji007:

I just de observe your sycophancy!

And am observing your abominable stupidity . . . .
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by Nobody: 8:27pm On Dec 18, 2013
jmaine:

Lol... A very cool way of killing an e-rat.
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by gratiaeo(m): 8:27pm On Dec 18, 2013
c0llynz02: I don't know what the fuss is all about, some of these moderators can't hide their bias.
Thursday

A good number of them are bigots including the mod running up and down like a mad dog
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by Gamji007: 8:39pm On Dec 18, 2013
jmaine:

And am observing your abominable stupidity . . . .

The Stupidity which is the trade mark of your Master!
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 18, 2013
So finally, Premium Times has used almost the same headline that I used initially on this thread. My initial headline was: "...Iyabo Snub the media". Now compare with with the most recent Premium Times headline "Iyabo Obasanjo keeps mum on controversial letter to father". So what is the difference between "keeps mum" and "snub". And this was the reason OAM4J was threatening to unleash mayhem?

Sincere 9gerian:
** Iyabo Obasanjo keeps mum on controversial letter to father

Iyabo Obasanjo’s prolonged silence confuses father’s aides and family members
Iyabo Obasanjo-Bello, the first daughter of former President Olusegun Obasanjo has curiously kept mute over a letter she purportedly wrote her father, several hours after it was leaked to the media.

In the 11-page letter which was exclusively published by Vanguard newspapers, Ms. Obasanjo-Bello, a former senator reportedly made scathing remarks about her father’s official and private life. She described her father as a liar, abuser and hypocrite.

Repeated efforts by PREMIUM TIMES to speak with her on Wednesday to confirm if she actually wrote the controversial letter were unsuccessful.

This newspaper repeatedly called Ms. Obasanjo-Bello’s mobile telephone, sent her multiple e-mails, text messages and left voicemails on her telephone, but she did not respond to any of them.

Her continued silence has however cast a shadow of doubt about the claim by her family and some of the former president’s spokespersons that she did not write the letter.

This newspaper first sent her emails at 10.32 a.m. Nigerian time. We later obtained her U.S. telephone contact and called her multiple times beginning at 2.55 p.m. Nigerian time. She did not answer or return the calls.

We later send her a text message and left multiple voicemails for her. We got no response.

A member of the family who pleaded anonymity for fear of being harassed by security agencies had told this newspaper in a telephone interview on Wednesday morning that Ms. Obasanjo-Bello did not write the letter.

The family member, who claimed to have discussed the matter with Mr. Obasanjo, said the letter must have been forged because the former president spoke with his daughter two days ago.

Two other spokespersons of the former president, Tunde Oladunjoye and Femi Fani-Kayode also denied that the former senator wrote the letter.

“I can tell you that such letter never existed. I can tell you authoritatively it only existed in the imagination of those who forged and published it. It is the height of desperation of those who masterminded it,” Mr. Oladunjoye, a former deputy governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in Ogun State, told PREMIUM TIMES.

He also insisted Mr. Obasanjo did not receive such a letter from his daughter

Read more
http://premiumtimesng.com/news/151697-iyabo-obasanjo-keeps-mum-controversial-letter-father.html

3 Likes

Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by jmaine: 8:49pm On Dec 18, 2013
Gamji007:

The Stupidity which is the trade mark of your Master!

Still doesn't make your outrageous foolishness less irritating and nauseating.

Don't derail this thread kid.

1 Like

Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by jmaine: 8:51pm On Dec 18, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Lol... A very cool way of killing an e-rat.

I know how to squash bugs like him . . . grin
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by Longeria(m): 8:51pm On Dec 18, 2013
ilugunboy:

That is the koko of the matter...family squabbles don't and can't affect my life.....GEJ ineptitudes...actions and inactions could.

That is why these GEJ supporters dance of shame over this purported Iyabo's letter is befuddling to say the least.
Majority of the points raised are not family matters but national. The third term, the plan destabilisation of the country, his unholy alliances with APC, his offer of APC senatorial ticket to IYABO, his involvement in the overthrow of Shagari government. If this letter is family affair, them Obj letter to GEJ is also a family affair.

2 Likes

Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by nduchucks: 8:57pm On Dec 18, 2013
I must confess that I have posted articles with modified titles as the OP did. Most times my modifications are insignificant. Other times I intentionally use wild title modifications for self serving purposes. If the mods or super mod correct my title in those cases, I accept their actions respectfully. Afterall I can't fool myself and I know that I intentionally exaggerated.

Seun gave the Mods the ability to modify content on threads so let us allow the Mods to do their duties without having to deal with whining political jobbers or unders.exed teenagers who are here in large numbers.
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by 360degree(m): 9:00pm On Dec 18, 2013
Iyabo obasanjo's letter is the GEJ response to OBJ's letter.

1 Like

Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by Sermwell(m): 9:01pm On Dec 18, 2013
Seun: This is very confusing. We need to get a TV set in our office.
Sarcastic response! Bros this is a serious matter! Please adress it! Tankz

1 Like

Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by Chigorkizz(m): 9:08pm On Dec 18, 2013
obj is a liar and a wife beater.period.
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by chi3280(m): 9:11pm On Dec 18, 2013
360degree: Iyabo obasanjo's letter is the GEJ response to OBJ's letter.
exactly!
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by c0llynz02: 10:29pm On Dec 18, 2013
TechWalker007:

Sincerely, you cannot count the number of anti-GEJ threads that they modify the title to suit specific purpose.
It's the same for many anti-APC threads. It's both ways.
But the anti-GEJ / Anti- Igbo ones are officially supported while the anti-apc ones are officially frowned upon.
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by agabaI23(m): 10:37pm On Dec 18, 2013
Olaolufred: THAT LETTER HAS COME TO SAY SOMETHING.

BUT THE WRITTER IS STILL UNKNOWN.

IF A MIT - Massachusetts Institute of Technology GRADUATE DOES NOT KNOW THAT AN OPEN LETTER REQUIRES AUTHENTICATION VIA SIGNATURE,

USA MUST WITHDRAW HER CERTIFICATE.

HOWEVER, POLITHEIFCIANS ARE KEEPING FOOLISH NIGERIANS BUSY.

I MEAN - YOU, YOU, YOU, YOU, YOU. OK US.
I didn't see where She said She is a MIT grad. She mentioned Connell and Uni of Cali. except You knew that already.
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by Pataki: 9:56am On Dec 19, 2013
OAM4J:

I am not a kid to dance round the bush with you. You can change or modify the original title to the extent your modified title is not misleading or or a complete deviation from the content of the story.

You have been warned.
I, Sir Pataki of Nairaland approve this message. Should that ignorant gnat not pay heed to your final warning, kindly do the needful on his pathetic lying being.

Some Nigerians are like goats and will only learn appropriately like goats.

I will surely be here to hold you accountable yo your words quoted above.

Sir Pataki. cool
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by Obiagu1(m): 10:33am On Dec 19, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: So finally, Premium Times has used almost the same headline that I used initially on this thread. My initial headline was: "...Iyabo Snub the media". Now compare with with the most recent Premium Times headline "Iyabo Obasanjo keeps mum on controversial letter to father". So what is the difference between "keeps mum" and "snub". And this was the reason OAM4J was threatening to unleash mayhem?

Change your title back to what it was before.
If they don't like it, let another person create his own.
Your initial title was not misleading.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Priceless - Photo Of Biafra Republic's Police Crest / Obasanjo Will Die, Ibb Will Have Stroke, Fayose Will Be Impeached–Pro Olagunju / 5 Pictures That Mock The Flood Situation In Lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.