Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,806 members, 7,810,099 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:42 PM

Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides (4113 Views)

Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives / Defence HQ Press Release on The Purported Shekau Video In Circulation / Iyabo Obasanjo Poised For Ministerial Appointment After Losing Senate Seat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by Nobody: 1:56pm On Dec 18, 2013
"Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s letter a forgery – ex-President Obasanjo’s family members, aides"

** Ex-President Obasanjo’s family members, aides say letter is a forgery
** Iyabo Obasanjo did not respond to enquiries from PREMIUM TIMES.

Spokespersons and family members of ex-President Obasanjo allege presidency officials forged the letter as a way of getting back at Mr. Obasanjo over his acerbic letter to President Jonathan

A shocking letter purportedly written by Iyabo Obasanjo-Bello, daughter of former President Olusegun Obasanjo, in which she mocked her father as a liar, an abuser and a hypocrite, is fake, family members, and aides to Mr. Obasanjo have told PREMIUM TIMES.

In the 11-page letter, published by Vanguard newspaper Wednesday, Ms. Obasanjo-Bello denounced her father as a self-seeking man lacking in all key expectations of a father and a leader, but often appearing quick to accuse others of the same ills.

Mrs Obasanjo-Bello, a former senator, purportedly said her father confirmed to her his failed effort at securing a third term as president. She spoke of her father’s “stupidity and cruelty”, and deplored him for all the “many atrocities” he has been able to get away with.

“Nigerians were your enablers every step of the way. People ultimately get leaders that reflect them,” Ms. Obasanjo-Bello was quoted as saying by Vanguard.

She said the letter came in the spirit of open letters since Mr. Obasanjo had last week penned an acerbic piece to President Goodluck Jonathan. But she made it clear her writing was not in support of Mr. Jonathan, or the opposition All Progressive Congress, APC, but an “outpouring from my soul to God.”

But in multiple interviews early Wednesday, close family members of Mr. Obasanjo, who claimed to have spoken to the former President about the matter, and two of his close aides called the letter a forgery and vowed Ms. Iyabo-Bello would not write to her father that way. One family member said Mr. Obasanjo spoke with Iyabo only two days back and apparently both related as cordial as always.

“I can tell you that such letter never existed. I can tell you authoritatively that it only existed in the imagination of those who forged and published it. It is the height of desperation by those who masterminded it,” Tunde Oladunjoye, an aide to Mr. Obasanjo, told PREMIUM TIMES.
Mr. Oladunjoye said he could confirm that Mr. Obasanjo had not received any such letter from his daughter.

One senior family member, refusing to be named for security reasons, said with all of Mr. Obasanjo’s faults, he knows his children and their likely behaviour, and that the letter does not fit into any of their behavioural pattern.

A former aide to Mr. Obasanjo and former aviation minister, Femi Fani-Kayode, said based on his knowledge of the two individuals, it was impossible for Ms. Obasanjo to have sent her father such mail.

“I can tell you the so-called letter was forged by those in government,” Mr. Fani-Kayode said. “They think they can get at Baba that way. But they are mistaken. One thing is that if they want to fight Baba, they should face him and leave his family out of it. Baba has spoken the truth and they should respond to the issues he raised.

Ms. Iyabo Obasanjo-Bello could not be immediately reached. She is yet to respond to multiple emails sent her by this newspaper.

PREMIUM TIMES learnt she is currently in the United States

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/151663-purported-iyabo-obasanjos-letter-forgery-ex-president-obasanjos-family-members-aides.html
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by Gboliwe: 2:07pm On Dec 18, 2013
See the muscle they are employing to discredit the letter. Now I am forced to believe the letter is from her.

5 Likes

Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by theoctopus: 2:11pm On Dec 18, 2013
Vanguard is still retweeting the letter like say tomorrow no dey!

The letter can never be dispelled. I dey laugh oh! grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by Nobody: 2:13pm On Dec 18, 2013
Gboliwe: See the muscle they are employing to discredit the letter. Now I am forced to believe the letter is from her.

I am just an observer who is enjoying the drama unfolds. But clearly the hunter has become the hunted.

2 Likes

Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by Gboliwe: 2:15pm On Dec 18, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
I am just an observer who is enjoying the drama unfolds. But clearly the hunter has become the hunted.
plus me o. I am just a 'siddan luk' member.

I will take vanguard news anytime above that SR and the new PT

1 Like

Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by Nobody: 2:16pm On Dec 18, 2013
theoctopus: Vanguard is still retweeting the letter like say tomorrow no dey!

The letter can never be dispelled. I dey laugh oh! grin grin grin grin grin grin
I dont know where the alleged rebuttal came from because clearly Iyabo Obasanjo has NOT spoken to ANYONE. And Seun and co have shamelessly moved the alleged rebuttal to the front page even in the absence of a credible source.
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by Seun(m): 2:22pm On Dec 18, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
I dont know where the alleged rebuttal came from because clearly Iyabo Obasanjo has NOT spoken to ANYONE. And Seun and co have shamelessly moved the alleged rebuttal to the front page even in the absence of a credible source.
This is very confusing. We need to get a TV set in our office.
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by Olaolufred(m): 2:28pm On Dec 18, 2013
THAT LETTER HAS COME TO SAY SOMETHING.

BUT THE WRITTER IS STILL UNKNOWN.

IF A MIT - Massachusetts Institute of Technology GRADUATE DOES NOT KNOW THAT AN OPEN LETTER REQUIRES AUTHENTICATION VIA SIGNATURE,

USA MUST WITHDRAW HER CERTIFICATE.

HOWEVER, POLITHEIFCIANS ARE KEEPING FOOLISH NIGERIANS BUSY.

I MEAN - YOU, YOU, YOU, YOU, YOU. OK US.
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by Gboliwe: 2:28pm On Dec 18, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
lol @ Seun's reply.

Vanguard says an imposter visited the radio station. Me, I read the rubbish rebuttal and I can swear she isn't the author, going by the very many grammatical flaws in that article.

2 Likes

Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by awodman: 2:39pm On Dec 18, 2013
Dp
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by awodman: 2:40pm On Dec 18, 2013
Seun: This is very confusing. We need to get a TV set in our office.
Bia Seun...you no get TV for office...why?

This ongoing drama is too sweet ooooo
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by Tolexander: 2:40pm On Dec 18, 2013
Nigeria is now a hell of jokes!

What does one expect from a country whose name is formed from words play by a young lady and a country where the only thing the president could use to trick them to vote him in is 'having no shoes when he was young'.

Only God knows what news is gonna make the headline tonight and the one that we gonna wake up to see tomorrow.
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by danot1030: 2:41pm On Dec 18, 2013
Gboliwe: See the muscle they are employing to discredit the letter. Now I am forced to believe the letter is from her.

u are free 2 ur opinion.
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by Nobody: 2:43pm On Dec 18, 2013
That will help but how many TV stations can you really monitor?
Anyway, nothing spoil. The thread in question is already on the home page attracting massive traffic. Hopefully, when the true situation is clear to all, you guys will do the needful by moving the thread with the correct information to the front page.

2 Likes

Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by gratiaeo(m): 2:43pm On Dec 18, 2013
I de laugh!
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by shizzle11(m): 2:45pm On Dec 18, 2013
theoctopus: Vanguard is still retweeting the letter like say tomorrow no dey!

me sef I dey laff'o
gringringringringringringringringrin
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by shizzle11(m): 2:48pm On Dec 18, 2013
Olaolufred: THAT LETTER HAS COME TO SAY SOMETHING.

BUT THE WRITTER IS STILL UNKNOWN.

IF A MIT - Massachusetts Institute of Technology GRADUATE DOES NOT KNOW THAT AN OPEN LETTER REQUIRES AUTHENTICATION VIA SIGNATURE,

USA MUST WITHDRAW HER CERTIFICATE.

HOWEVER, POLITHEIFCIANS ARE KEEPING FOOLISH NIGERIANS BUSY.

I MEAN - YOU, YOU, YOU, YOU, YOU. OK US.
Usual senseless rantings from a typical cow.ard
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by gratiaeo(m): 2:49pm On Dec 18, 2013
That impostor on rainbow FM must be arrested and dealt with
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by Olaolufred(m): 2:53pm On Dec 18, 2013
gratiaeo: That impostor on rainbow FM must be arrested and dealt with

WHAT OF AN INPERSONATOR WHO POSTED A LETTER IN THE NAME OF ANOTHER PERSON?
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by shizzle11(m): 2:55pm On Dec 18, 2013
gratiaeo: That impostor on rainbow FM must be arrested and dealt with

True! she must be sued for impersonation and the radio station banned for propelling falsehood and, impersonation, bias, misrepresentation, misinformation of fact and for compromising the truth and non conformation to the ethics of journalism
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by gratiaeo(m): 2:59pm On Dec 18, 2013
shizzle11:

True! she must be sued for impersonation and the radio station banned for propelling falsehood and, impersonation, bias, misrepresentation, misinformation of fact and for compromising the truth and non conformation to the ethics of journalism
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by Ngwakwe: 3:00pm On Dec 18, 2013
For my side, I haven't made any comment (for or in defence) until the whole story unfolds.

We shouldn't be discussing people and their family matters unless there are leaked policies and programmes that have impeded the development of Nigeria and how we can collectively destroy such monster.

1 Like

Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by Nobody: 3:04pm On Dec 18, 2013
Noted.
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by checkfidel: 3:12pm On Dec 18, 2013
The Vanguard Newspaper is a national daily and so do have reputation to protect. If such organisation publishes a letter purportedly written by Iyabo Obasanjo, I quess it should be taken seriously otherwise, libel suit can be taken against them. This in no faceless Sahara Report with misinformation that has always been discredited.

1 Like

Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by VICTORCIZA(m): 3:17pm On Dec 18, 2013
The bush meat has caught the hunter
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by Olaolufred(m): 3:18pm On Dec 18, 2013
Ngwakwe: For my side, I haven't made any comment (for or in defence) until the whole story unfolds.

We shouldn't be discussing people and their family matters unless there are leaked policies and programmes that have impeded the development of Nigeria and how we can collectively destroy such monster.

YOU ARE ACTUALLY REASONABLE HERE.

BUT POLITICIANS KNOW THAT NIGERIANS DOES NOT HAVE THAT LEVEL OF INTELLIGENCE YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

HENCE, THEY GIVE US THINGS LIKE "HE HAD FOUR WIVES" TO DISCREDIT THINGS THAT BORDER ON NATIONAL SECURITY.

MASSES ARE THE REASON FOR NIGERIA'S PREDICAMENT, NOT THE POLITHIEFCIAN.
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by 99100(m): 3:34pm On Dec 18, 2013
Until she comes out to refute the letter, the letter is real.
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by ifyalways(f): 3:39pm On Dec 18, 2013
The comic series called Nigeria. Its episode "letter writing" .

Looting continues. . .

1 Like

Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by OAM4J: 3:44pm On Dec 18, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

Why are you so mischievous?

The original title from where you copied the story says "Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s letter a forgery – ex-President Obasanjo’s family members, aides"

And you changed it to "Iyabo Obasanjo’s Shocking Letter: Iyabo Obasanjo Snub The Media" in other to create confusion and satisfy your personal mischievous goal.

You have been warned to desist from this habit of manipulating stories.

BTW, AIT also tweeted that there is a denial from Iyabo Obasanjo.

[img]http://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1472386_Obasanjo-and-Iyabo-2-ubanbangz__jpgba46290ada0b05525f001917ff67c1f3[/img]

7 Likes

Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by PointB: 4:05pm On Dec 18, 2013
Both Iyabos should appear on TV to confirm or deny the story. But like a few others have noted, Vanguard News have more integrity than that Sowere rag-tag gossip site - Sahara reporter.
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by Nobody: 4:09pm On Dec 18, 2013
OAM4J: .

Why are you so mischievous?

The original title from where you copied the story says "Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s letter a forgery – ex-President Obasanjo’s family members, aides"

And you changed it to "Iyabo Obasanjo’s Shocking Letter: Iyabo Obasanjo Snub The Media" in other to create confusion and satisfy your personal mischievous goal.

You have been warned to desist from this habit of manipulating stories.

BTW, AIT also tweeted that there is a denial from Iyabo Obasanjo.

[img]http://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1472386_Obasanjo-and-Iyabo-2-ubanbangz__jpgba46290ada0b05525f001917ff67c1f3[/img]

Stop warning the guy....deal with him. That is the only way to tame his often infantile exuberance....
Re: Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides by slap1(m): 4:10pm On Dec 18, 2013
So all you do is code, ban and unban? Please, get a TV set.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Just In Another Helicopter Crash In Girel, Yola Right Now. / Kebbi Deputy Governor, Speaker And 16 Others Defect To APC Today / Flooding In Government Technical College Enugu (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.