Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,241 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? (9448 Views)

Now That Buhari Is President What's The Fate Of PDP Paid E Warriors? / 5 Behind-the-scenes Moves That Helped Nigeria Turn The Tide Against Boko Haram / Say What? "Humans Turn Into Beasts And Eat Our Livestock" - Plateau Tourism Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by kazey(m): 11:40pm On Jun 23, 2006
superman:

kazey if nigeria is seperated as u wish yoruba go suffer! u think say na owambe una go chop ! abeg make u be real as u claim say u dey see things in realism! even area boys for lagos wuldnt be able to survive!

And the yoruba's only constitute of area boys in Lagos? I am not fighting for anybody brother, so even let's say I was, you havent told us why yoruba's would suffer.
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by Anigboinam(m): 11:53pm On Jun 23, 2006
Are you sure Ikwere are not outkast?******

(Igbos can be outKast to each other depending on what town your from.
Sad but true. Consequence of East divided up into states. Thats a different issue all together. )

Kazey is suddenly an EXPERT on igbos? the non-igbo expert. Where did you get your degree from? Let the Ikwere speak for Ikwere, LET You speak on whatever group you come from.
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by kazey(m): 11:58pm On Jun 23, 2006
Anigboinam:

Kazey is suddenly an EXPERT on igbos? the non-igbo expert. Where did you get your degree from? Let the Ikwere speak for Ikwere, LET You speak on whatever group you come from.

Na so the situation turn into o smiley, I had to think fast, No be say i wan be egwu, abi wetin dem dey call am?
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by Anigboinam(m): 12:15am On Jun 24, 2006
Keep waiting.
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by naijaflyer(m): 6:25pm On Jun 28, 2006
I find it very amusing to read the posts that some of you kids put out. Apart from a few noticeable exceptions, most of you are more concerned with spewing forth parochial, ethnic, sentiments and vitriol, thus exposing your level (and lack) of patriotism, willingness to fit into the new global realities and society, as well as a desire to work towards taking Nigeria to the next level. I mean, a lot of people here sound like spoilt brats and I'm pretty sure they've never opened their eyes and taken an indepth look into the people that make up our great nation and the factors that unify as well as strengthen us.

On a personal note, I do not care where the next president comes from, as long as he/she builds up on the foundation Obj has laid and doesn't repeat the grievous mistake of leaving out the welfare component of a reform process. Afterall the issue of zoning did not arise pre-1999, and we got along better, before the present crop of leaders (at least a good number) who were not prepared for power took over and corrupted the entire process which has brought about the present malaise. So to all those who are spouting the kind of politics you can only hear among the ignorant fellows in a typical Nigerian market/motorpark/peppersoup and fish joint (and I've been around a lot, especially when I want to unwind/go incognito cool) I say, go get some enlightenment and come down to Abuja let's talk!!! angry
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by Nutter(m): 12:38am On Jun 29, 2006
So far, the best answer provided to the question: ‘Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into?’, is that provided by edygirl: ‘it will turn into your head’.

Enough said.
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by edygirl(f): 12:42am On Jun 29, 2006
@nutter,
now you are making me laugh. I just gave him the first thought that came to my mind after reading that nonsense. grin grin grin grin kiss
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by Nutter(m): 1:12am On Jun 29, 2006
cheesy Your first thought was a pure one my dear - proper headshot. The bloke has not returned since your paralysing response. There is simply no comeback from that. Well done! kiss
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by edygirl(f): 1:18am On Jun 29, 2006
Thank you hun. kiss kiss kiss
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by Nutter(m): 1:29am On Jun 29, 2006
Oh, you're welcome sweety  cheesy kiss
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by Chxta(m): 10:35am On Jun 29, 2006
Get a room you two.
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by Mystique(f): 12:17pm On Jun 29, 2006
Its really amazing how tribalistic people can be, Nigeria doesnt need a Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa President, What Nigeria needs is a Nigerian President. You'all need to look beyond your noses!!!

@ Chxta: What Planet ARE you from again cheesy cheesy
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by naijaflyer(m): 1:34pm On Jun 29, 2006
Rightly pointed out my dear. What we need is a Nigerian President not an ethnic jingoist. And thankfully, the dynamics of getting power in Nigeria would not allow ethnic irredentists get beyond the primaries. Maybe they can try the guber positions in their states and see how far they'll go in the exercise of power. cool
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by Nutter(m): 2:51pm On Jun 29, 2006
Hmmm, Chxta, make jealousy no kill you oh!
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by Anigboinam(m): 4:40pm On Jun 29, 2006
Its kind of hypocritical to preach one Nigeria when different ethnic groups have been left out of the political and economical aspects of Nigeria. You scold people for being patriotic and jingoistic but you don't hold the officials themselves predominately Hausa/Yoruba accountable. Why is this?

Its like whites who hated slavery but did nothing to stop it. You want to scold the black revolutionaries like Malcolm X for wanting self-determination and fairness for themselves.
What's wrong with this? If they don't do it who will?

I know there are fair and honest people in every group of Nigeria. However, I can't stand people who sit on the sidelines while their brother is stealing the country dry. Where are these good people to control the corrupt?

I wish you can go to the Delta, Rivers area and see people suffering. Are you treating them as if their part ONE NIGERIA? Are you treating the people in the EAST as if their One NIGERIA?

One Nigeria, Great concept but your actions speak louder than your words.
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by superman(m): 5:17pm On Jun 29, 2006
make u no mind them! like i always say they think they know but they dnt ! very clever. watch them sayin oh i dnt think where the president come from as long as they get the job done yes agree!

but can i ask u are u ibo yoru or hausa to start with . well if u love one nigeria i think u shuld support creidible man from the east this time around. so when every ethnic group had their share i dnt think if anyone will care where the president come from .maybe  or shall i say god will provide
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by edygirl(f): 6:15pm On Jun 29, 2006
@nutter,
No mind chxta hun.
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by Nutter(m): 3:19am On Jun 30, 2006
I won't dear. He doesn't seem to know that three is a crowd  kiss
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by kazey(m): 12:11pm On Jun 30, 2006
Anigboinam:

Its kind of hypocritical to preach one Nigeria when different ethnic groups have been left out of the political and economical aspects of Nigeria.

Is this really true? Visit the ministers cabinet and the Senate cabinet, you have a cross-ethnic representation there.

Anigboinam:

I wish you can go to the Delta, Rivers area and see people suffering. Are you treating them as if their part ONE NIGERIA? Are you treating the people in the EAST as if their One NIGERIA?

So is other part of Nigeria, its not an isolated problem? Why do we always fail to see that?
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by edygirl(f): 11:39pm On Jul 02, 2006
@nutter,
Don't mind him hun, he will soon understand. tongue
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by Nutter(m): 11:52pm On Jul 02, 2006
:d wink kiss
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by edygirl(f): 11:54pm On Jul 02, 2006
You too kiss kiss
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by Nutter(m): 11:58pm On Jul 02, 2006
That has put me in a better mood. You have your way of making me a better man smiley kiss MUAAHHH!
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by edygirl(f): 12:00am On Jul 03, 2006
I know sweety. All I want is for you to be happy.
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by diddy4(m): 12:04am On Jul 03, 2006
looks like someone is following diddy. i can see. everybody wann@ be like diddy but no one wann@ feel his pain. originality matters alot and i will start suing for copy right infringement.
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by Nutter(m): 12:06am On Jul 03, 2006
@Edygirl,

Nne, daalu. Too many 'winchi' people (such as the thread starter) about y'know? A breath of fresh air is always welcome. I'm also happy we are derailing this thread  smiley wink kiss

@Diddy,

Ah, ah. What's up with you, mate?
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by diddy4(m): 12:08am On Jul 03, 2006
im good nutter. didnt know you were igbo. what part you from?
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by Nutter(m): 12:11am On Jul 03, 2006
I'm an Anambra son, nwanne. Yourself?
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by diddy4(m): 12:12am On Jul 03, 2006
kai, see my brother ooo. onwelu ife n'eme.

anambra as can be. no shaking.
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by Nutter(m): 12:13am On Jul 03, 2006
Really? Nice!
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by edygirl(f): 12:28am On Jul 03, 2006
Hey diddy,
Were you trying to spoil wut I share with my nutter? Ehh gbam okpa n'eze grin grin grin wink wink
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by diddy4(m): 12:32am On Jul 03, 2006
i wasnt trynn@ spoil anything ooo, you just were copying my style and words i had to remind you to be original cuzz u and i know dis aint your style. im currently suing you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

PDP Clears Cross River LG Elections / Breaking News: Igwe Aguleri Killed By Unknown Gunmen / Aisha Buhari, Dolapo Osinbajo, Others Join OCI Foundation's Anti Cancer Campaig

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.