Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,527 members, 7,812,642 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:43 PM

Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? (9433 Views)

Now That Buhari Is President What's The Fate Of PDP Paid E Warriors? / 5 Behind-the-scenes Moves That Helped Nigeria Turn The Tide Against Boko Haram / Say What? "Humans Turn Into Beasts And Eat Our Livestock" - Plateau Tourism Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by DaHitler(m): 1:51pm On Jun 22, 2006
wiseguy, take your unity and shove it. I don't want it. Defeatist such as yourself have no right to comment on what is in the best interest of the youths, talkless of Nigeria as a whole. And no, I don't celebrate when Kano or any other Nigerian scores a goal. I am much to busy to be bothered with these colonialist pathetic sports.

I want a Yoruba State. I don't want a Ngerian State.
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by wiseguy(m): 2:47pm On Jun 22, 2006
Everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion, no matter how stupid. So we can actually understand when Some people have too much time to argue endlessly and unnecessarily like dummies. I ain't got the time. I have a business to run.

@ Afeni,

You're 19yrs old? I understand. You reason your age. When you grow up we can have a chat. For now, there's no basis and don't forget ur lunch box kid kiss
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by kellybaba(m): 6:03pm On Jun 22, 2006
In response to some of us who doubt the ability of my Stock(ibo) to perform(even though i will giv my vote to a Performer not based to tribe),Let mi quickly ask u:

What was NAFDAC like b4 Prof. Dora Akunyili?
What was CBN and d Banking sector like b4 Prof. Charles Soludo
What was our Finance/economic system like b4 Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala?
What was the Contract process in Ministries/Parastatals like b4 Dr Oby Ezekwesili?

Gentlemen," as my elders wuld always say:"use ur teeth to count ur tongue"
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by vanunu: 7:46pm On Jun 22, 2006
This topic is totally unnecesary, I can now understand that there are a lot of IGBO HATERS in this site. The administrator of this site should do something about it, They whole thing is turning out to be too childish.
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by mochafella(m): 8:21pm On Jun 22, 2006
erm, Nigerian politicians are largely the same crooked bunch regardless of their ethnicity. Those GMG chasing people care only about their pocket. Expecting things to be better or worse based on ethnicity is foolhardy. A crook is a crook regardless of if he/she is black/brown/white/yellow or from East/North/West of the Niger.
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by debosky(m): 8:28pm On Jun 22, 2006
mocha - another nail on the head

if the igbo man is also one of them GMG dudes, he'll be just as bad, if not worse than the others beforee him.

i hope someday we can get beyond these tribal based inclinations and begin to talk about the real issues
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by kazey(m): 12:07am On Jun 23, 2006
Every single human being has a spice of Tribalism or Racism in his actions or perceptions towards people of other races or tribes.

We just express it differently. Its a human nature smiley, if you disagree, then you are not being truthful. If you are hiding it, then you are being hypocritical, If you express it with wisdom, Then there is hope for a solution to supressing it.

You can only solve an issue, when you know it is an issue, that needs treatment, but living in denial would just make it worse. Are we living in Denial, that we arent tribalist or racist?
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by debosky(m): 1:36am On Jun 23, 2006
I am not a tribalist nor a racist, while i might see things from the point of view of the tribe i'm from at times (i'm yoruba by the way), I refuse to let that becloud my judgement or be the sole determinant of my opinion of people or their actions. We can never totally get rid of it, but we can rise above it and tackle the more important issues of making nigeria into the strong and virile nation its supposed to be
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by superman(m): 7:00am On Jun 23, 2006
who say ibo na tribalist people! una de craze! an average ibo man believe in one nigeria ! hard workin intelligent kiss it leave it! u can always picture one nigeria when ibo man travel all the way to the far north settle and build house there with his family! however there is a problem whenever the table turn around the 1st set of people that come under attack is de ibo from foolish people like afeni!

like de say action speak louder than words! na una go tire!

god bless one nigeria for life !
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by DaHitler(m): 7:06am On Jun 23, 2006
superman, are you kidding me? I have never attacked or advocated violence against Igbos. In fact, I don't even consider Igbos part of the problem of Nigeria. I blame the North, not some Igbos that are too naive to realize that the northerners hate their guts.
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by kazey(m): 7:17am On Jun 23, 2006
Two statements cracked me up. DEM YOU GUYS grin

superman:

u can always picture one nigeria when ibo man travel all the way to the far north settle and build house there with his family!

Afeni:

I blame the North, not some Igbos that are too naive to realize that the northerners hate their guts.
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by superman(m): 7:20am On Jun 23, 2006
yes bro afeni i hear uooo!! my eye de open well well u no. what we young generation need now is peace and unity! no worri about the morons fron north! as time dey move they go die one by one! na them sabi. is either u stand 4 something or u legwoooo for nothing !if u like carry all de money go put for swizz bank. make oyibo monkey choper ami.  nnaaaaaaa omooooooooooo malam una de hear me now.

on the other hand im not too sure when people start questionin de motive on why brother oooooooooluwaseu creatin this site in de 1st place. that still go down on what i was sayin about we nigerians. we never appreciate what we have hence slow progress
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by superman(m): 7:30am On Jun 23, 2006
well  kazey  well if we agree in every siociety there are good and bad then u can always assume there are triablist people in nigeria ! in other word tribalist or no trablist it shuldnt be such an impedance to development of nigeria! this could be said that the good non triabalist people of nigeria have a lot of work in their hand to do recognisin the presence of player haters in land nigeria. so i think what u are picturin in your mind is irrelevant . hence next excuse.

now  kazey u could shout as bingo wey need orikaiku soup ! action will always speak louder than words. or hmm maybe na only ibo man fit fix nigeria just jokin . maybe doe.
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by kazey(m): 7:38am On Jun 23, 2006
abeg lets be realistic, naija people tribalist no be small. even you. you go vote for a yoruba man to be your governor? i doubt so,
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by superman(m): 7:46am On Jun 23, 2006
na lie be dat kazey if dat yoruba man go build durable roads make food cheap electricity de hmmm water dey one naira march one dollar less suffer suffer hmmm i can tell its not only super eagles dat can unite nigeria !! the problem is there are too many monkey brain roamin around.

make i see no ibo person vote for dat yoruba man! kazey so my bro u de craze 4 real. maybe nigeria dnt need people like u of coz u be de problem! so go gt ghana passport now bcoz u sound like one
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by kazey(m): 7:57am On Jun 23, 2006
Haha funny. There is nothing to defend my brother smiley. You might construct anything in words to make yourself happy, but the reality of things is what makes up the man inside you. I am a man that lives in a realistic world. Not the world of "I love white people and I know the total number of whitemen that have been to my house".
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by Anigboinam(m): 8:21am On Jun 23, 2006
wiseguy, take your unity and shove it. I don't want it. Defeatist such as yourself have no right to comment on what is in the best interest of the youths, talkless of Nigeria as a whole. And no, I don't celebrate when Kano or any other Nigerian scores a goal. I am much to busy to be bothered with these colonialist pathetic sports.

I want a Yoruba State. I don't want a Ngerian State. *********************************

Speaking bluntly?
Sometimes I feel Nigeria is like a chain around an Igbo man's neck.
If you wanted a Yoruba state so much , why didn't your people allow us to succeed in the late 1960's?
I get so frustrasted with posts like this. You dream of a Yoruba state? I dream of a Biafra state free of corrupt Hausa's siphoning off all the oil revenues while people in the east and south struggle to survive.

You know what? If giving all the OIL in Nigeria would allow the Igbos to succeed from Nigeria. Allow them to determine there own path. I would agree to it in a minute,

Igbos forever be in this hell hoping on Yorubas or Hausas to save Nigeria. Pissing me off.
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by kazey(m): 8:41am On Jun 23, 2006
Anigboinam:

You know what? If giving all the OIL in Nigeria would allow the Igbos to succeed from Nigeria. Allow them to determine there own path. I would agree to it in a minute,

Igbos forever be in this hell hoping on Yorubas or Hausas to save Nigeria. Pissing me off.

Firstly I don't give a Dem about succession or not, but one fact I am quiet sure of is that the resources of Nigeria are not located in Anambra, Enugu, Onitsha Owerri, and even Enugu?

Port Harcourt is a city located in the Niger Delta in Nigeria. Rivers state to be exact. It is inhabited by the Ikwerre and Ijaw people. Or Since did the Ikwerre and Ijaw stop being an Outkast and a brethen of the Igbo's? When it came to petrol issue? Or am I missing something?

Or are Oyibo's Igbo's?
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by DaHitler(m): 8:44am On Jun 23, 2006
Ikwere people are Igbo. Now, if they choose to seperate themselves from other Igbos, that is fine. But they are still Igbos.
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by kazey(m): 8:45am On Jun 23, 2006
Are you sure Ikwere are not outkast?
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by DaHitler(m): 8:47am On Jun 23, 2006
From what I understand, they disassociated themselves from Igbos after the civil war. But then again, after the civil war, everyone would want to be an un-igbo as possible. So, if you mean by disassociating themselves, they are now outcasts, then yes.
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by kazey(m): 8:49am On Jun 23, 2006
Trying to be an un-igbo as possible. heheheh.

Ikwere (or Ikwerre, Ikwerri) is an Igboid language spoken by over 980,000 people (according to the 1991 census) in Nigeria.

Igboid is a branch of the Benue-Congo language family. It includes the Igbo language and other related languages spoken mainly in southeastern Nigeria.

Interesting. So whats the big fuss the main IGBO people are making? Na wa o.
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by wiseguy(m): 9:21am On Jun 23, 2006
There's no big fuss. Ikwere's dissociated themselves from the mainstream Igbos during and after the civil war and that is understandable for fear of being killed during the war and counted among those who lost the war after. Their culture, language, names are still Igbo. Also Ichie and Opobo people of Rivers state are also Igbo completely in language and names but they chose what they want and still deny their origin but that is ok. They can be what they chose to be.

@Anigboinam,

The (oil) resources of Nigeria are also located in Abia and Imo in the southeast as well as in Ondo in the southwest and they are also part of the nine states that make up the Niger Delta. So, some part of southeast and southwest are part of niger delta and that is why you have the former chairman of NDDC (Onyema Ugochukwu) coming from Abia.
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by osteen(m): 1:08pm On Jun 23, 2006
Well well I really dont c an igbo man ruling dis country cos they are nt united. Yah they are cause havok with this masob of a tin but believe me they always the cos of there down fall politically.
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by ababoy1(m): 6:13pm On Jun 23, 2006
@osteen

Thanks, but can you please translate what you have just written. ENGLISH - if you don't mind!
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by azorjiu(m): 7:11pm On Jun 23, 2006
Who can tell me why an Igbo man can't be the president of nigeria if he/she can perform miracles in CBN, NAFDAC, due process, etc? There is no way we can rationalise the concept that an Igbo man can't rule in his country. It matters less to me who rules, as long as there is food on the table of every nigerian. These ethnic jingles neaseate. sad.
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by Nutter(m): 7:29pm On Jun 23, 2006
zarah:
Come to think of it we should really let igbo's rule o!!
and give them just one year to finish killing themselves. just like they are doing right now in onisha, and again they will witch hunt each other like they did Ngige, they will always try to backstab each other to keep their competitions alive.
Their i must be the best, and first and above all igbo's syndrome will really take nigeria to greater heights.

and please the last time i checked the oil was in the south/south and an ijaw man will never say he is igbo. for goodness sake's even the onisha man claims he is not igbo.

Are you alright?
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by Tymoney: 7:45pm On Jun 23, 2006
i really find it offensive that y'all talking about IGBO,YORUBA & HAUSA becoming Presidents without little or no consideration for the south-south, the treasure-base.MAKE THIS THING NO CAUSE ANOTHER CIVIL WAR O!
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by Chxta(m): 8:00pm On Jun 23, 2006
Reading this thread and wondering what year I'm in
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by alarinjo(m): 8:42pm On Jun 23, 2006
I am not about to jump into this separationist debate, I detest it. I just wanted to say that if you guys are going to tear out one another's guts at least do it with some dignity. There are no tribes in Nigeria! (the exceptions might be a few remote groups here and there). Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa are not tribes, they are ethnic groups! What we do in Nigeria when we hate one another is not tribalism but ethnocentricism. The term tribe is very restricting and pejorative. In the popular imagination, it is reserved for those who wear grass skirts, dancing bear chested with dangling breasts and flashing chiseled teeth. They are supposed to have limited mobility and adaptability, and are less than 10 thousand in number, maybe even 5 thousand sef, etc. etc. I believe one of the reasons the old national anthem was changed was because of the line "Though tribe and tongue may differ, in brotherhood we stand!"

Ethnic groups are larger, more adaptible, are highly mobile and have a fluid sense of identity, i.e. you can become part of an ethnic group through various social means e.g. marriage or chosen geographic location. Tribes do not have that fuild sense of identity. You can only be born into a tribe. When you leave a tribal settlement, e.g when you leave your village in Nigeria to live in the US or Europe you may no longer be consider a part of that tribe. Ethnic identity remains with you no matter where you go in the world.

Perhaps one of the reasons we are still bickering amongs ourselves is that we see ourselves as tribes undecided

Love to all. Peace.
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by superman(m): 11:03pm On Jun 23, 2006
kazey if nigeria is seperated as u wish yoruba go suffer! u think say na owambe una go chop ! abeg make u be real as u claim say u dey see things in realism! even area boys for lagos wuldnt be able to survive!
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by Nia: 11:38pm On Jun 23, 2006
naijababe kudos for your post. If we all had such insight we will no doubt feel the effect in Nigeria in the coming years. Those in power are only interested in taking their share of the national cake and using ethnic differences to continue to divide, confuse, and distract the masses. Division does not end with Igbos, Yorubas and Hausas. You also have divisions and disagreements within each ethnic group.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari, APC Govs Meet Over National Convention / Enugu Guber Aspirants Reduce As Onoh Emerges Federal Constituency Sole Aspirant / ANPP, CPC In Anambra Pull-Out Of APC Merger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.