Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Oby Ezekwesili blasts Nigerian lawmakers for “disrespecting” Okonjo-Iweala - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oby Ezekwesili blasts Nigerian lawmakers for “disrespecting” Okonjo-Iweala (5157 Views)

Oby Ezekwesili Blasts Nigerian Senate, Calls It Gathering Of "Beer Parlour Chat" / Oby Ezekwesili Blasts CBN Governor Emefiele For Fixing Exchange Rate / Oby Ezekwesili Blasts Follower On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oby Ezekwesili blasts Nigerian lawmakers for “disrespecting” Okonjo-Iweala by OmoTier1(m): 9:22pm On Dec 21, 2013
“These lawmakers need know this and be decorous!. That fellow that was blatantly disrespectful to Okonjo-Iweala may not in the real world qualify to be her Research Assistant. Let’s face facts,” she said.

It is pity that some people always think of themselves more highly than they ought to. It goes to show by how much those that have various leadership position in Nigeria love Nigeria one bit less.

Madam Oby should realize that there is nothing new under the sun, and I wonder what and who she thinks NOI is that she cannot be grilled by the Nigerian people, of whom the legislators symbolizes.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili blasts Nigerian lawmakers for “disrespecting” Okonjo-Iweala by fijiano202(m): 9:22pm On Dec 21, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
My brother these ones are still suffering and smiling as usual! Imagine if PM&Q was to be held in Nigeria every week, only God knows what these lackeys would be screaming.
The Minister lied, brought no proof that she was sick, no Doctors letter, nothing, yet even though the committee chairman was being lenient with Her, She had the guts to still open Her mouth.
am always over-joyed to see comments of intellects,thank you for the wonderful comments,Firstly if you read thru my aforementioned i clearly stated that it is really rude and disappointing that an Ex minister can openly express her rubbish rant on a social network and the am suprise by her obnoxious statement of comparing a Serving legislative member to a research Assistant of a minister,i dont understand how people dont see that as an insult to the people and government cos it means we voted in a Below-average individual to run the affairs of the Govt
Re: Oby Ezekwesili blasts Nigerian lawmakers for “disrespecting” Okonjo-Iweala by IKEMBANNEWI: 9:29pm On Dec 21, 2013
agbameta:

How do you criticize and demean other people then turn around and do the same thing you are blasting and criticizing them for?

Talk about gross cluelessness, thoughtlessness and hypocrisy.

Sad to know this ignorant and mindless woman used to be a federal minister.
Dude, it will be nothing short of a miracle if anybody in your ancestry(Both past and present) can match half this woman's intelligence! Bloody Hater!

8 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili blasts Nigerian lawmakers for “disrespecting” Okonjo-Iweala by aventura: 9:34pm On Dec 21, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Aventura, you're an ogogoro drinkard. The minister was trying to dudge the questions to be asked by saying she had health challenges. Why did she then say she should be asked the questions? If the honourable members had gone ahead to ask her questions and she fvcked up, as Fijiano had said, it would have been blamed on them for knowing her health and still asking her question.
oya you that is a hennesy drinker: how can you dodge something that you are not scared of. Okay let's put it this way.

When you dodge something or someone, you are avoiding that thing or somebody for reasons best known to you.....aventura's dictionary.... cool

So going by this description, she couldn't have thought of dodging the questions because in her capacity as an economics and financial guru, she is more than capable of answering any question fielded by the primary-six-school-leaving-certificate parliamentarian.

So you see my friend, it doesn't add up. I think it was the parliamentarian who was trying to avoid embarrassment from those questions because a lot questions would be asked in it's aftermath.

Questions like;
where did he school?
what did he major in?
how authentic is his certificate?

Toronto-certificate parliamentarian comes to mind. grin

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili blasts Nigerian lawmakers for “disrespecting” Okonjo-Iweala by aventura: 9:36pm On Dec 21, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
My brother these ones are still suffering and smiling as usual! Imagine if PM&Q was to be held in Nigeria every week, only God knows what these lackeys would be screaming.

The Minister lied, brought no proof that she was sick, no Doctors letter, nothing, yet even though the committee chairman was being lenient with Her, She had the guts to still open Her mouth.
do you need proof of a stomach upset. What grade are you?
Re: Oby Ezekwesili blasts Nigerian lawmakers for “disrespecting” Okonjo-Iweala by OmoTier1(m): 9:41pm On Dec 21, 2013
IKEMBA NNEWI: Dude, it will be nothing short of a miracle if anybody in your ancestry(Both past and present) can match half this woman's intelligence! Bloody Hater!

If I may ask you people, what has the so called intelligence of NOI brought to Nigeria or the world? Being bookwarm does not translate to being street smart!

Yes she got degrees in prestigious University, and so some of us do. Yes She worked with world bank as an employee, albeit, executive employee, so some of us do. However, She given a test and She failed woefully the first time, and now Shes failing on a proportion that Her resume would be ignored by any of the major global financial institutions.

So tell me, what can you credit Her intelligence to in Nigeria as far as the economic advancement of Nigeria is concerned? Do not tell me She initiated the Debt relief because we now know better what transpired as far as the Paris club debt is concerned.

Finally, NOI is not bigger than any institutions in Nigeria and She's not the most clever minister that have held of the position of minister of finance in Nigeria, so give us a break.

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili blasts Nigerian lawmakers for “disrespecting” Okonjo-Iweala by aventura: 9:48pm On Dec 21, 2013
Omo_Tier1:

If I may ask you people, what has the so called intelligence of NOI brought to Nigeria or the world? Being bookwarm does not translate to being street smart!

Yes she got degrees in prestigious University, and so some of us do. Yes She worked with world bank as an employee, albeit, executive employee, so some of us do. However, She given a test and She failed woefully the first time, and now Shes failing on a proportion that Her resume would be ignored by any of the major global financial institutions.

So tell me, what can you credit Her intelligence to in Nigeria as far as the economic advancement of Nigeria is concerned? Do not tell me She initiated the Debt relief because we now know better what transpired as far as the Paris club debt is concerned.

Finally, NOI is not bigger than any institutions in Nigeria and She's not the most clever minister that have held of the position of minister of finance in Nigeria, so give us a break.

Your post reeks of hatred, jealousy. You go school: show us ur certificate. Do you want to compare the world bank with the Skye bank you working at if at all no be microfinance bank you dey work.

4 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili blasts Nigerian lawmakers for “disrespecting” Okonjo-Iweala by OmoTier1(m): 9:51pm On Dec 21, 2013
aventura: do you need proof of a stomach upset. What grade are you?
Hehe... it is obvious you have not worked in an establishment where proper work place codes and ethics are in place and are enforced. The minister, having admitted to being sick ought to have sent a letter from an approved physician to the HOR, and a confirmation from the appropriate quarters she is answerable granting her leave to be absent from duty.

That you verbally claim to be sick is no justification for any one to believe or admit your words as being the truth. I know in Nigeria, anything goes, but FYI, when you work with a Fortune 100 company, this is the standard expected of you and you have little or no option. In fact it is part of your employment contract package and you are expected to be abide by it.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili blasts Nigerian lawmakers for “disrespecting” Okonjo-Iweala by OmoTier1(m): 9:55pm On Dec 21, 2013
aventura:
Your post reeks of hatred, jealousy. You go school: show us ur certificate. Do you want to compare the world bank with the Skye bank you working at if at all no be microfinance bank you dey work.
Hehe... Skye bank ke? You see, most of you have very little exposure that is why you still see someone working in world bank as high heaven. There are many Nigerians working in places of high intellect, and they do not make so much noise about their achievements.

FYI, I have no hatred toward NOI, all everyone is asking is, she should focus on her job and do it properly, else she can as well return back to the same world bank for which we know her resume is now condemned to the dustbin of history - i.e. she has no chance of being re-admitted to that place.

Every working professional knows you are only as relevant as the latest achievement and success you create and that yesterdays news of success is only an indication of a potential.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili blasts Nigerian lawmakers for “disrespecting” Okonjo-Iweala by IKEMBANNEWI: 9:57pm On Dec 21, 2013
Omo_Tier1:

I guess you werent taught ''Comprehension'' @ ''harvard'', cos if you had an inkling of what that nomenclature meant you would have been able to deduce from our posts(mine and that of the person i quoted) that we were discussing about Oby Ezekwesili and not NOI! So much for your ''harvard'' education! Your behavior is no doubt typical of Ibadan poly students!

6 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili blasts Nigerian lawmakers for “disrespecting” Okonjo-Iweala by aventura: 10:00pm On Dec 21, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Hehe... it is obvious you have not worked in an establishment where proper work place codes and ethics are in place and are enforced. The minister, having admitted to being sick ought to have sent a letter from an approved physician to the HOR, and a confirmation from the appropriate quarters she is answerable granting her leave to be absent from duty.

That you verbally claim to be sick is no justification for any one to believe or admit your words as being the truth. I know in Nigeria, anything goes, but FYI, when you work with a Fortune 100 company, this is the standard expected of you and you have little or no option. In fact it is part of your employment contract package and you are expected to be abide by it.
if her feeling sick was as result of the too much pepper is her previous dinner, do you really need a paper from the world health organization? Haba..
Re: Oby Ezekwesili blasts Nigerian lawmakers for “disrespecting” Okonjo-Iweala by aventura: 10:04pm On Dec 21, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Hehe... Skye bank ke? You see, most of you have very little exposure that is why you still see someone working in world bank as high heaven. There are many Nigerians working in places of high intellect, and they do not make so much noise about their achievements.

FYI, I have no hatred toward NOI, all everyone is asking is, she should focus on her job and do it properly, else she can as well return back to the same world bank for which we know her resume is now condemned to the dustbin of history - i.e. she has no chance of being re-admitted to that place.

Every working professional knows you are only as relevant as the latest achievement and success you create and that yesterdays news of success is only an indication of a potential.
little exposure?
Do you work in Saturn? grin cool

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili blasts Nigerian lawmakers for “disrespecting” Okonjo-Iweala by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:04pm On Dec 21, 2013
aventura:
oya you that is a hennesy drinker: how can you dodge something that you are not scared of. Okay let's put it this way.

When you dodge something or someone, you are avoiding that thing or somebody for reasons best known to you.....aventura's dictionary.... cool

So going by this description, she couldn't have thought of dodging the questions because in her capacity as an economics and financial guru, she is more than capable of answering any question fielded by the primary-six-school-leaving-certificate parliamentarian.

So you see my friend, it doesn't add up. I think it was the parliamentarian who was trying to avoid embarrassment from those questions because a lot questions would be asked in it's aftermath.

Questions like;
where did he school?
what did he major in?
how authentic is his certificate?

Toronto-certificate parliamentarian comes to mind. grin
I'm sorry I don't your type, bereft of any reasoning ability.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili blasts Nigerian lawmakers for “disrespecting” Okonjo-Iweala by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:09pm On Dec 21, 2013
Our Igbos folks don't know what it entails to be a public figure. Do you expect the minister to be padded because she is the cordinating minister in the face of revelations from Tambuwal, OBJ and Sanusi?
Re: Oby Ezekwesili blasts Nigerian lawmakers for “disrespecting” Okonjo-Iweala by aventura: 10:28pm On Dec 21, 2013
Orlando Owoh: Our Igbos folks don't know what it entails to be a public figure. Do you expect the minister to be padded because she is the cordinating minister in the face of revelations from Tambuwal, OBJ and Sanusi?
big head deal with my question and stop avoiding it.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili blasts Nigerian lawmakers for “disrespecting” Okonjo-Iweala by obo389(m): 10:39pm On Dec 21, 2013
henchamb: that hon is lucky that it wasn't the like of ezekwesiri, stella odua, Alison madueke, aruma oteh, nor dora that appeared befor them. by now we would be taking another thing
your even going too far angry >:.
assuming the said minister happens to be a northerner? sad
my question will be;would that guy have spoken to her that way?
Re: Oby Ezekwesili blasts Nigerian lawmakers for “disrespecting” Okonjo-Iweala by OmoTier1(m): 11:10pm On Dec 21, 2013
IKEMBA NNEWI: I guess you werent taught ''Comprehension'' @ ''harvard'', cos if you had an inkling of what that nomenclature meant you would have been able to deduce from our posts(mine and that of the person i quoted) that we were discussing about Oby Ezekwesili and not NOI! So much for your ''harvard'' education! Your behavior is no doubt typical of Ibadan poly students!

Hehe.. another village mediocre parading. Welcome on board. Disgruntled elements who praise sing those who enslave them. Your comment is obvious you are both supporting NOI by buttressing the nonsensical statements raised by Madam Oby. I know you think everyone has a lobster brain like you and can't read between the lines undecided
Re: Oby Ezekwesili blasts Nigerian lawmakers for “disrespecting” Okonjo-Iweala by OmoTier1(m): 11:11pm On Dec 21, 2013
aventura: little exposure?
Do you work in Saturn? grin cool
Hehe.. sorry I forgot to ask, how was market today? He busy like say nah last Saturday before Christmas abi customer no show at all cool
Re: Oby Ezekwesili blasts Nigerian lawmakers for “disrespecting” Okonjo-Iweala by meccuno: 11:39pm On Dec 21, 2013
Orlando Owoh: Our Igbos folks don't know what it entails to be a public figure. Do you expect the minister to be padded because she is the cordinating minister in the face of revelations from Tambuwal, OBJ and Sanusi?
I kept on seeing the same guys who are renowned for tribalism on this forum and was wondering why their comments where in sync....untill this post let the cat out of the bag......"Our flats heads folks"...yoruba and igbo battle again...only this time it is codified....I wonder what peeps like these gain from all these nonsense.....wonder what future theyouths have with people like these.......lord
Re: Oby Ezekwesili blasts Nigerian lawmakers for “disrespecting” Okonjo-Iweala by manny4life(m): 11:47pm On Dec 21, 2013
jmaine:

I love this . . . . . . cool

That was PRICELESS.... KNOCKOUT grin grin
Re: Oby Ezekwesili blasts Nigerian lawmakers for “disrespecting” Okonjo-Iweala by Onlytruth(m): 11:54pm On Dec 21, 2013
shymexx: It seems these clowns have never watched the British parliament and how they shout one another down, including the PM and deputy PM.

Anyway, she looks like she has down syndrome - so I can't really blame her.

Coupled with the innate victim-card syndrome, then you would have a double whammy of stupidity.

Just tell her to go provide answers to the 50 questions. End of.

So, just to make a point, you had to insult ALL people with down syndrome? Some of you Yoruba posters are nothing more than pure goats.
I STRONGLY doubt that any Igbo poster would be so callous and dumb.
The women you are insulting have risen to career levels that your entire generation will never attain. FACT. You are here foaming in the mouth like a goat getting ready to be slaughtered for sallah.
Honestly, someone nearby should permanently slap your mouth shut.
Anumanu.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili blasts Nigerian lawmakers for “disrespecting” Okonjo-Iweala by Pharoh: 11:57pm On Dec 21, 2013
A simple are you now well enough for this question and answer session or we can give you the questions and you can reply in writing within two weeks could have solved all these.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili blasts Nigerian lawmakers for “disrespecting” Okonjo-Iweala by DerideGull(m): 12:05am On Dec 22, 2013
I have long known Nigeria as a dead-end entity hence my incurable agitation for disintegration. The fifty questions alleged to have presented to the minister of finance by the certain members of NASS during committee session is mark of wanton idiocy.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili blasts Nigerian lawmakers for “disrespecting” Okonjo-Iweala by vedaxcool(m): 12:15am On Dec 22, 2013
I feel the committee felt slighted by sudden failing health excuse hence decided to give her a dose of her excuse. We hope soon she won't claim pamphlets are being shared against her in mosques, u know noi can be such a drama queen and mother of they r persecuting me.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili blasts Nigerian lawmakers for “disrespecting” Okonjo-Iweala by Reptyle(m): 12:19am On Dec 22, 2013
There surely must be something about having worked at the world bank that makes these two women believe they have attained god-like status and must be worshipped wherever they go. Respect is reciprocal and it's not just in saying it, but acting it. Mrs Ezekwesili's description of a legislator as no better than a "research assistant" just shows the mindset and the contempt she and her ilk have for people in that office.
I have watched the video of the exchange between madam minister and Mr. Committee chairman and all I can see is a woman who came to d session with an "am doing y'all a huge favour by gracing you with my presence" attitude and a man who was determined to have none of that. She claimed she was ill and she was asked to go with the questions, provide written answers and return in January. What else did the minister want to say?
In my opinion she was just as guilty as the legislator in the uproar that resulted. This isn't about politics.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili blasts Nigerian lawmakers for “disrespecting” Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 12:43am On Dec 22, 2013
Onlytruth:
So, just to make a point, you had to insult ALL people with down syndrome? Some of you Yoruba posters are nothing more than pure goats.
I STRONGLY doubt that any Igbo poster would be so callous and dumb.
The women you are insulting have risen to career levels that your entire generation will never attain. FACT. You are here foaming in the mouth like a goat getting ready to be slaughtered for sallah.
Honestly, someone nearby should permanently slap your mouth shut.
Anumanu.

Emotional, non-achieving plonkers. Can you post her CV by age 26 - and let's see if she can measure up with what I've achieved? Let's get cocky and throw achievements out there, you uneducated bastard.

I can bet my life on it that my little sis that just graduated from uni has achieved more in life than you'll ever achieve, you irredeemable primitive son of a LovePeddler.

And for the slap talk, I triple dare you and you entire generation. Heck, I'm leaving Ldn for naija on monday, for 2weeks. If you're braggart enough, come link me, cowardly cannibalistic gorilla. On everything, I'll beat you so bad that you'll never chat shyte again for the rest of your life. That's on everything. I dare you.

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili blasts Nigerian lawmakers for “disrespecting” Okonjo-Iweala by MagicBishop: 12:47am On Dec 22, 2013
shymexx:

Emotional, non-achieving plonkers. Can you post her CV by age 26 - and let's see if she can measure up with what I've achieved? Let's get cocky and throw achievements out there, you uneducated bastard.

I can bet my life on it that my little sis that just graduated from uni has achieved more in life than you'll ever achieve, you irredeemable primitive son of a LovePeddler.

And for the slap talk, I triple dare you and you entire generation. Heck, I'm leaving Ldn for naija on monday, for 2weeks. If you're braggart enough, come link me, cowardly cannibalistic gorilla. On everything, I'll beat you so bad that you'll never chat shyte again for the rest of your life. That's on everything. I dare you.

Look at this angry skiny yoruba boy claiming everything from aristotle knowledge to Mike Tyson powers.

You delude yourself.

5 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili blasts Nigerian lawmakers for “disrespecting” Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 12:49am On Dec 22, 2013
Obiageli Ezekwesili

Ezekwesili holds a Masters in International Law and Diplomacy from the University of Lagos,

^^^This is what the prick is running his about mouth. A uni that's not even top 1000 in the world. Freaking product of artificial insemination by a cannibalistic eunuch father. Don't ever talk about my lineage again, bastard!

And I still dare you. I'll definitely make an example out of you. If you're the true son of your eunuch father - come chat shyte to my face.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili blasts Nigerian lawmakers for “disrespecting” Okonjo-Iweala by OmoTier1(m): 12:49am On Dec 22, 2013
shymexx:

Choi! SHYMEXX HAVE MERCY cheesy cheesy cheesy. You don murder that liar old papa mi
Re: Oby Ezekwesili blasts Nigerian lawmakers for “disrespecting” Okonjo-Iweala by hercules07: 12:51am On Dec 22, 2013
Oby is actually one of the good guys but she goofed on this, in a responsible society, the members of the HOR command respect and ministers can never ever talk to them that way. The idea that you hold a Phd. from a prestigious institution does not give you the right to talk down on people.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili blasts Nigerian lawmakers for “disrespecting” Okonjo-Iweala by MagicBishop: 12:54am On Dec 22, 2013
shymexx:

^^^This is what the prick is running his about mouth. A uni that's not even top 1000 in the world. Freaking product of artificial insemination by a cannibalistic eunuch father. Don't ever talk about my lineage again, bastard!

And I still dare you. I'll definitely make an example out of you. If you're the true son of your eunuch father - come chat shyte to my face.

Are you from Ekiti which has a lot of moribund doctorate holders without nothing to show for it because if you are so educated and well accomplished in your life you wouldn't be so easily trolled as to start beating your chicken chest because whatever bsc, msc or dsc you may posses you still have the other important alphabets to learn in life which is solid accomplishments and experience to which you have zilch.

And all these your rants and tribal slurring here just goes to show what a waste of funds it was for those who paid for your tuition.

5 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili blasts Nigerian lawmakers for “disrespecting” Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 12:59am On Dec 22, 2013
^^^You don't deserve a reply. Your life is a waste - I step and spit on it like a floor mat.

Go stalk a next person, phaggit. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BUHARI Is Not Who He Claims To Be. I have Burnt my APC members Card / Edo Cult War: Members Bury Slain Victim (PHOTOS) / Radio Biafra Threatening Gov Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.