Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,904 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:54 PM

Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled (65937 Views)

Tuition Fees In Nigeria Private Universities / Top Five Most Expensive Private Schools In Nigeria / List Private Universities In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by EI(m): 8:46pm On Dec 22, 2013
Kingclickmedia: 2) [size=30pt]AMERICAN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA (ABTI)[/size]
ABTI is the first Nigerian university with American
structure and curriculum. It is in north eastern Nigeria,
Yola, capital of Adamawa State. At ABTI, students pay
as much as N1,378,500 to receive quality education.
Parents, however, pay in dollars. For tuition: $6,600 (N990,000), meals: $1,900
(285,000), four in a room: $500 (N75,000), private
room: $1,900 – N285,000). In total, it amounts to
N1,378,500 per annum. Accommodation and feeding are taken care by the
school.
Source: http://encomium.ng/most-expensive-private-universities-in-nigeria-unveiled/ [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

Right? Wrong!

1) AUN is, ABTI was.
Both are exclusive with absolutely different governance structures, AUN being wholly managed by the Americans; curriculum and faculty contents aligned with global template(s) - globally there are several AU institutions, the home node being in Washington, others in Beirut, Cairo, Dubai, Yola and Paris.

2) Full year tuition (only) is N1,590,000. This itself is subsidized through various collaboratory programmes.

3) Accommodation and feeding ARE NOT taken care of the AUN!!!!!
Housing and meal plans are quite varied, with the cheapest (a meal a day and non-ensuite quad room) being N450k p.a. while the most expensive options (3 meals a day and ensuite double room) add up to N1,100,000 p.a.

4) There are other non-optional fees/costs.

Viz the net value adds (20+ max class size, e-learning, effective Wifi across campus, JBerger built structures(most), top quartile faculty, working facilities/systems etc), methinks AUN offers best value for money when studying locally.

Well, these are details available to me, as a parent of a fee-paying AUN student (who is 3 years gone now) wink
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by Donmichaelz(m): 8:59pm On Dec 22, 2013
Sodiq33: Where United Secondary school and Zamani?They should be on the List with their Counterpart,,,
nigga u in kd ryt
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by Pasca07: 9:05pm On Dec 22, 2013
I can't understand the usefulness of this thread?are we advising the federal governmen to ban private universities or what?can public universities admit all d students in nigeria?so why the cry over private universities?besides majority of private universities graduates have the cash and connection than we that finished from public universities because i have lots of them doing wonderfully well in abroad and nigeria.
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by niceeric(m): 9:14pm On Dec 22, 2013
Yomieluv: #TEAM LASU#,school fees as at graduation #250.
Bros u don graduate tey tey ooo....we sha manage pay 25k till we graduate...but no b beans again ooo...NA 298k new pikins deh pay for my faculty now o-Engineering
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by AderibigbeAAA(m): 9:20pm On Dec 22, 2013
SamConquer: bros thank you jare, what do You expect when someone overfeed Himself with Lizard meat.People will Just rush and 'mix up' nonsense with out doing the necessary research,just because they are fighting for frontpage.if it is by University then all the Great scientist, world leaders,oil magnate and the rest movers and shakers of the Society Should have been alumnus of Havard university.Sometimes I wonder what is Special about all this 'overated Public unis'?Is it the overcrowdness in the Lecture Room?or sex for marks?or Lecturer not attending Lectures for almost a complete Semester? and other vices..yes you paid 5000 and I paid 5milion.what is ur business?can You give what You dont have.when I come in contact with some Public Uni student;No Charisma,no aura nothing Special, with their Poor diction that leaves much to be desired. and one begins to wonder why all this overating? Mtchew Public Uni my Ass!!!...Team Igbenidion

we know you are from a rich family and we can see that you are not logical in your submission on his issue.

1. it true that the population in public universities is alarming but if I ask you, do you know the primary function of the university? I guess you were not taught the in your school.
The primary function of the university is LEARNING AND RESEARCH,
whether we eat lizard meat, or mix up in over populated classrooms, but one thing is simple we get QUALITY EDUCATION far better than the million you paid for, where you are spoon feed with marks and grade.

2. you said " when I come in contact with some Public Uni student;No Charisma,no aura nothing Special, with their Poor diction that leaves much to be desired."

Do you know the meeting of Charisma? do you have charisma? how many of your classmates or fellow graduate can stand and discuss intellectual issues with an average public university student.
Do you think Charisma is about dressing in expensive clothes, forming british accents or attending parties?

3.public universities are OVERATED
you think UI,OAU, UNILAG, ABU are overrated? your lecturers are graduates of these school, you all desire to do your postgraduate studies in UI and the likes, we know your type FIRST CLASS from private universities but can't cope with the Academic standard in public universities when you come FOR Msc .

God bless you.

#TEAMUI
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by niceeric(m): 9:20pm On Dec 22, 2013
RedBenson:

Can u now see reasons why u are sub-educated and half-baked-graduate? How can u spend 35k to complete 4yrs programme in university?
how much ur papa pay throughout University?dats if him goif no b government wet don turn upside down Shey una wey go private school suppose deh collect degree?if you ask me...with summer,spoonfeeding,extra yearless education,no pass certificate attainable result structure..etc NA diploma una suppose dey collect
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by AderibigbeAAA(m): 9:21pm On Dec 22, 2013
SamConquer: bros thank you jare, what do You expect when someone overfeed Himself with Lizard meat.People will Just rush and 'mix up' nonsense with out doing the necessary research,just because they are fighting for frontpage.if it is by University then all the Great scientist, world leaders,oil magnate and the rest movers and shakers of the Society Should have been alumnus of Havard university.Sometimes I wonder what is Special about all this 'overated Public unis'?Is it the overcrowdness in the Lecture Room?or sex for marks?or Lecturer not attending Lectures for almost a complete Semester? and other vices..yes you paid 5000 and I paid 5milion.what is ur business?can You give what You dont have.when I come in contact with some Public Uni student;No Charisma,no aura nothing Special, with their Poor diction that leaves much to be desired. and one begins to wonder why all this overating? Mtchew Public Uni my Ass!!!...Team Igbenidion

we know you are from a rich family and we can see that you are not logical in your submission on his issue.

1. it true that the population in public universities is alarming but if I ask you, do you know the primary function of the university? I guess you were not taught the in your school.
whether we eat lizard meat, or mix up in over populated classrooms, but one thing is simple we get QUALITY EDUCATION far better than the million you paid for, where you are spoon feed with marks and grade.

2. you said " when I come in contact with some Public Uni student;No Charisma,no aura nothing Special, with their Poor diction that leaves much to be desired."

Do you know the meeting of Charisma? do you have charisma? how many of your classmates or fellow graduate can stand and discuss intellectual issues with an average public university student.
Do you think Charisma is about dressing in expensive clothes, forming british accents or attending parties?

you think UI,OAU, UNILAG, ABU are overrated? your lecturers are graduates of these school, you all desire to do your postgraduate studies in UI and the likes, we know your type FIRST CLASS from private universities but can't cope with the Academic standard in public universities when you come FOR Msc .

God bless you.

#TEAMUI
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by RGem(f): 9:35pm On Dec 22, 2013
#Team Lautech.
From 6k to 40k
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by Cvesta(m): 9:37pm On Dec 22, 2013
[quote author=haibe]Na wa oo, am in my 3rd yr in the university and my school fees throughout yr 1 till now is just 57,500.

I payed 38k in my first yr as per first timer, the rest is just chicken change, hardly up to 10k or equal, infact I payed my last school fees myself.

Nothing like federal university abeg, except for ASUU's wahala [/quote
na UNIBEN U GO I NO PAY UP TO 1000K 4RM YR 1 2 4 ooooo....great Uniben aka Unibest
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by DARREG(m): 9:45pm On Dec 22, 2013
People who claim Bishop Oyedepo uses Covenant University to amass wealth are seriously ill-informed...for the record Covenant University is one of the cheapest private university due to the fact that the Church ensures the fees are continously low...although the cost of Living could be quite high because of peer pressure
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by efilefun(m): 9:58pm On Dec 22, 2013
Greatest "unilorite" unilorin no dey strike and my skool fee for 4 years was a little above 100k!!! #teamGovernmentSkoolsOverPrivateSkools
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by Pasca07: 10:00pm On Dec 22, 2013
aderibigbe,u very funny with post that private universities graduate aim to do their MSC in public universities i don't agree because majority of them prefer to further their education in abroad than going to UI,OAU or UNILAG..check the list of International students in abroad you will be amazed that lots of them are graduates of private universities in nigeria
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by Mospring(m): 10:03pm On Dec 22, 2013
Sodiq33: Where United Secondary school and Zamani?They should be on the List with their Counterpart,,,
kd fins?
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by mzkomsy(f): 10:06pm On Dec 22, 2013
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by SamConquer(m): 10:10pm On Dec 22, 2013
Aderibigbe_AAA:

God bless you.

#TEAMUI
Your entire post is same with the things i find when i open a trash-Can.Like Seriously did You just write Quality education?No need to talk much here cause i wonder what the likes of Oxford,havard(a private uni)and cambridge will call their Educational Standard...You talk about us being Spoonfeed,Guy check this out:If You are current, I hope you heard about an Igbenidion Student who graduated from Igbenidion with first class in Law he went to NIGERIA LAW SCHOOL where different Law student(graduate)from different uni in Nigeria meet, and also made another FIRST CLASS(was He also Spoonfeed in the Nigeria Law School?If His First class from Igbenidion dont convice You enough...)today that same Student is a PHD GRADUATE from Havard whom your U.i will need to Pay million to have as a Lecturer...talking about ones desire to do a postgraduate in your 'past glory university'.come on guy,that student i gave an example of,where did He do his Phd?Havard of course.why will someone aim Low when he can aim Higher...God bless You#TEAM IGBENIDION

2 Likes

Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by opiscoal(m): 10:19pm On Dec 22, 2013
Miner13:

Greatfutarian
technology for self reliance
oboy... u bera go jack abi na jerk!!! exam starts 27th of jan oo,no b joke., hmmm,wetin i miss 4 futa ooo, yessss!!! solid nd delicious futa bread,. hia i kum!!! rep shalom hostel
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by Goldenskin: 10:27pm On Dec 22, 2013
I don't understand why anyone should compare the fees of private unis to the government owned counterparts. All expenditures in private schools are funded solely by the students' school fees. Salaries, buildings, labs, power generation plants, fuel, ICT, furniture, roads etc

Federal and state schools receive allocations to the tune of billions of naira from the government, the salaries of the lecturers and other non teaching staff are fully borne by the government. Its not just enough to state the high fees in private unis, we also need to understand why the fees are high

2 Likes

Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by Archmage(m): 10:37pm On Dec 22, 2013
Pasca07: aderibigbe,u very funny with post that private universities graduate aim to do their MSC in public universities i don't agree because majority of them prefer to further their education in abroad than going to UI,OAU or UNILAG..check the list of International students in abroad you will be amazed that lots of them are graduates of private universities in nigeria
so much ado about the millions u pay. 'in abroad' .. Who speaks this sort of english? Well it would have been better if u just said 'abroad'. #teamui

1 Like

Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by juliboh(f): 10:42pm On Dec 22, 2013
veritas uni is also expensive
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by BankManager(m): 10:44pm On Dec 22, 2013
Tolexander: go awo hall. Some guys dey wey be say na only school fees dem dey pay.
Accomodation after part 1- mba!
Same room throughout the sessions from part 1, feeding on the roommates' foods.
Feeding on roomates' foodThat's pathetic..
Are they so broke or something?U mean they can't afford feeding themselves WITHOUT the dependence of a roommate?In this modern era??Students of a reputable federal university?
Are they so broke or something?If so,let them make winning Scholarships their priority..
Feeding of roommates' food is not what anyone ought to be proud of..!
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by Archmage(m): 10:57pm On Dec 22, 2013
Bank Manager:
Are they so broke or something?U mean they can't afford feeding themselves WITOUT the dependence of a roommate?In this modern era??Students of a reputable federal university?
Are they so broke or something?If so,let them make winning Scholarships their priority..
Feeding of roommates' food is not what anyone ought to be proud of..
here we go... No one enjoys being a parasite on another. The fact that you were born on the bright side of a lopsided society does not make you better or privilegd to look down on others. If only your fathers did not loot this nation's wealth... Then you wouldn't be here sayin this trash
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by NemzySeries(m): 10:58pm On Dec 22, 2013
#Team_Afe Babalola_uni........pman dey hear hot hot oooo....wud b leaving nxt by God's grace tho
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by Tolexander: 11:05pm On Dec 22, 2013
Bank Manager:
Are they so broke or something?U mean they can't afford feeding themselves WITOUT the dependence of a roommate?In this modern era??Students of a reputable federal university?
Feeding of roommates' food is not what anyone ought to be proud of..
na wetin you no go see for OAU?
Beauties and the beasts plenty!
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by Pasca07: 11:12pm On Dec 22, 2013
Archmage,lol what makes you think those that send their children to private universities are politicians?it shows how myopic you reason.keep shouting teamUI while private universities graduates are doing fine both abroad and nigeria.
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by kazyhm(m): 11:22pm On Dec 22, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
That less than 35k made Seun what he is today.
In nigeria, ppl think dat anything dat is expensive is ORIGINAL
In my own humble openion, private skulss mchewww
Plenty first class every year as if na BEANS
Wit hw dey flex up n down

1 Like

Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by Archmage(m): 11:23pm On Dec 22, 2013
Pasca07: Archmage,lol what makes you think those that send their children to private universities are politicians?keep shouting teamUI while private universities graduates are doing fine both abroad and nigeria.
well, i directed that at bank manager who finds it hard to believe there are people 'in this modern era' who find it hard feeding themselves....
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by komek(m): 11:30pm On Dec 22, 2013
Cubeet: DELSUITE, cheap as 21000 per year

Bro, this to me is quiet expensive...why pay 21k as sch fees in Delsu as a deltan... That's extortion... Delta has the money to spend on there citizen's education.

I paid 3,900 from 100Level to 300 until when one Okpaku or so increased it to 18k in 2006. Though deltans don't used to pay tuition but those small small expenses made it that amount like medicals, Library etc
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by AderibigbeAAA(m): 11:51pm On Dec 22, 2013
Pasca07: aderibigbe,u very funny with post that private universities graduate aim to do their MSC in public universities i don't agree because majority of them prefer to further their education in abroad than going to UI,OAU or UNILAG..check the list of International students in abroad you will be amazed that lots of them are graduates of private universities in nigeria

How many of them can think of doing their Msc in private schools?
take it or leave it, whether you pay 7million and a student of a public university pay 1k, I can tell you that 98% of you guys from private university can't stand an average student from a public university in term intelligence and Academic grounds.
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by AderibigbeAAA(m): 12:04am On Dec 23, 2013
SamConquer: Your entire post is same with the things i find when i open a trash-Can.Like Seriously did You just write Quality education?No need to talk much here cause i wonder what the likes of Oxford,havard(a private uni)and cambridge will call their Educational Standard...You talk about us being Spoonfeed,Guy check this out:If You are current, I hope you heard about an Igbenidion Student who graduated from Igbenidion with first class in Law he went to NIGERIA LAW SCHOOL where different Law student(graduate)from different uni in Nigeria meet, and also made another FIRST CLASS(was He also Spoonfeed in the Nigeria Law School?If His First class from Igbenidion dont convice You enough...)today that same Student is a PHD GRADUATE from Havard whom your U.i will need to Pay million to have as a Lecturer...talking about ones desire to do a postgraduate in your 'past glory university'.come on guy,that student i gave an example of,where did He do his Phd?Havard of course.why will someone aim Low when he can aim Higher...God bless You#TEAM IGBENIDION

I laugh in Persian, the greatest achievement of your school is that one of your graduate made first class in law school... Wow, you are just like an Arsenal fan who rejoice over winning a match , then what should teams like Bayern or Barcelona do...
we dont rejoice over first class in law school because we've produced hundreds of that..

Please what the name of that your student? Please provide us link or evidence.

If you know any 2013 graduate of Law school, Please ask about Mariam Olafuyi..

you need links....
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/specials/day-5049-fresh-lawyers-invaded-abuja/
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by YaQsGaYa(m): 12:06am On Dec 23, 2013
THE TRUTH OF THE MATTER IS THAT NIGERIAN PUBLIC UNIVERSITIES TUITION FEES ARE FREE,NOW YOU'LL SAY HOW ABI? APART FROM ABU ZARIA NO ANY PUBLIC UNI THAT PAYS MORE THAT 30,000 NAIRA LEAVE STATE UNI OUT WOH COSS ITS A STATE OWN FUNDED SCHOOL NOT FEDERAL SO ANY STATE CAN DECIDE TO FIX ITS OWN STATE FEES,ESPECIALLY LASU THAT PAYS MORE THAN 250,000 PER SESSION.COMING TO FREE PUBLIC UNI FEES,AFTER FINISHING YOUR REG CHECK YOUR REG FORM YOU'LL SEE ALL WHAT YOU'VE PAID FOR INCLUDING HEALTH FEES UNCERTAINTIES ACCIDENTS FOR EXAMPLE,CHECK FIELD TRIPS,ID CARDS ETC.BUT GRADUATION THE X IS UNDEFINED COURSE OF SIX 6 YEARS WILL TAKE YOU 9 OR 10 YEARS,WHILE DOES ONES THAT WENT TO UNIVERSITY WHEN YOU WERE IN PART 2 HAVE GRADUATED AND YOU ARE SEEING SOME GETTING APPOINTMENTS IN THE SAME UNIVERSITY THAT YOU ARE....,.PAPA GOD WHY NAIJA DEY LIKE THIS NA
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by YaQsGaYa(m): 12:27am On Dec 23, 2013
YOU CANT COMPARE PUBLIC UNI AND PRIVATE UNI,YES WE HAVE RICH PEOPLE IN NIGERIA THAT PUBLIC UNI IS THE LAST OPTION FOR THEIR CHILDREN,WHILE SOME TAKE THEIR CHILDREN TO PRIVATE UNIS COS THE WAEC IS IS 3 0R 4 CREDITS AND JAMB IS 140 OR 156 YOU'LL THAT PERSON READING LAW OR MBBS COS HIS PARENTS PAID 1.3 MILLION FOR TUITION. SO TELL ME IS THEIR SPILL OVER IN THAT SCHOOL'S CURRICULUM?YOU ANSWER ABEG?? ASK YOUR SELF WHY ARE YOU NOT SEEING SUCH PRIVATE UNIS IN SCHOOL COMPLETIONS LIKE AIR-TEL UNI CHALLENGE? ARE THEY NOT UNIS? ABEG A WISE STUDENT THAT IS IN PRIVATE UNI KNOWS THIS BETTER.....
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by Lilblitz(m): 1:25am On Dec 23, 2013
i am a babcock university student and all you wrote about babcock's accommodation is false....ask me for details if you care..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

After Finishing Further Maths Exam(photo) / Photo Of A Curvy High School Teacher Got Men Talking On Twitter / SA Daycare Suddenly Has Tigers Living Next Door, Looking Over The Wall (PIX)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.