Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,860 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:42 AM

Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled (65928 Views)

Tuition Fees In Nigeria Private Universities / Top Five Most Expensive Private Schools In Nigeria / List Private Universities In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by Lilblitz(m): 1:37am On Dec 23, 2013
Aderibigbe_AAA:

we know you are from a rich family and we can see that you are not
logical in your submission on his issue.

1. it true that the population in public universities is alarming but if
I ask you, do you know the primary function of the university? I guess
you were not taught the in your school.
The primary function of the university is LEARNING AND RESEARCH,
whether we eat lizard meat, or mix up in over populated classrooms, but
one thing is simple we get QUALITY EDUCATION far better than the million
you paid for, where you are spoon feed with marks and grade.

2. you said " when I come in contact with some Public Uni student;No
Charisma,no aura nothing Special, with their Poor diction that leaves
much to be desired."

Do you know the meeting of Charisma? do you have charisma? how many of
your classmates or fellow graduate can stand and discuss intellectual
issues with an average public university student.
Do you think Charisma is about dressing in expensive clothes, forming
british accents or attending parties?

3.public universities are OVERATED
you think UI,OAU, UNILAG, ABU are overrated? your lecturers are
graduates of these school, you all desire to do your postgraduate
studies in UI and the likes, we know your type FIRST CLASS from private
universities but can't cope with the Academic standard in public
universities when you come FOR Msc .

God bless you.

#TEAMUI

1 Like

Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by Pasca07: 1:39am On Dec 23, 2013
Aderibigbe,stop spewing trash here with your baseless post that 98% of private universities students can't stand an average public universities students,are u refering to the same public universities we have in naija or what?lol pls provide good evidence to back up your outrageous claim.

1 Like

Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by Lilblitz(m): 1:42am On Dec 23, 2013
Aderibigbe_AAA:

we know you are from a rich family and we can see that you are not
logical in your submission on his issue.

1. it true that the population in public universities is alarming but if
I ask you, do you know the primary function of the university? I guess
you were not taught the in your school.
whether we eat lizard meat, or mix up in over populated classrooms, but
one thing is simple we get QUALITY EDUCATION far better than the million
you paid for, where you are spoon feed with marks and grade.

2. you said " when I come in contact with some Public Uni student;No
Charisma,no aura nothing Special, with their Poor diction that leaves
much to be desired."

Do you know the meeting of Charisma? do you have charisma? how many of
your classmates or fellow graduate can stand and discuss intellectual
issues with an average public university student.
Do you think Charisma is about dressing in expensive clothes, forming
british accents or attending parties?

you think UI,OAU, UNILAG, ABU are overrated? your lecturers are
graduates of these school, you all desire to do your postgraduate
studies in UI and the likes, we know your type FIRST CLASS from private
universities but can't cope with the Academic standard in public
universities when you come FOR Msc .

God bless you.

#TEAMUI

you say they spoon feed us with marks..at.at least we work for it unlike you that buy yours...afta buying the marks your English remains an apology.. (pathetic) and as for charisma...it is rare to see a public uni student with more charisma (leadership qualities in case u dnt know d meaning) than a private uni student.

1 Like

Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by sportfeva(m): 1:52am On Dec 23, 2013
Tolexander: if you run your package wella for OAU as a non-science student, you no go spend pass 35k for the 4years. Minus the acceptance fee.
So true, mine was even lesser than that. But the admission is not easy.
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by Pasca07: 1:52am On Dec 23, 2013
Aderibigbe,the truth is that even university of ibadan lecturers have their children in private schools,i will not mention the names of those lecturers,are you saying those lecturers don't know what is good for their children?
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by Nobody: 2:23am On Dec 23, 2013
Sweetlemon: The most expensive trio should be Igbinedion, Babcook and covenant Universities.

I spent nothing less than 3 million on fees alone (they don't provide feeding) when I was in Igbinedion.

There were different kinds of fees,

Tuition fees, transport fees, laundry fees, accomodation, internet, so many access fees, I have forgotten so many of them. Then in your final year ehn! They will squeeze you dry with all kinds of clearance dues. In total I must have spent nothing less than 4.5 million in that school.
lady thou art ryt i finished dea too, final yr na d worst pocket removal o... hahaha
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by Nobody: 2:31am On Dec 23, 2013
The Pathfinder: I think those christians owned university should have the fear of God at heart and slash their tuition fee a little bit.
Have ever considered staffs, accreditation fees, electricity n water bills and miscellanous financings
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by adecore: 2:36am On Dec 23, 2013
Why are we all ranting and running away from the facts? In the real sense of it, does Nigeria( both private n secular) universities give quality education? How many book we sabi? How many professors do we have below 30yrs? What have our great scholars invented and added to the already developed world othan to work in a bank or manage Tantalizer ? A Nigerian parent that sends his/ward to these schools does so for more reasons than quality education. Have you all heard of the words "Connection, Societal Recognition and Preference, Job Security. Trust me God would remember you faster if you are a friend to DG's son or a minister or Oba's daughter. U dey feel? Use your money to buy opportunities. Optimally said

1 Like

Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by Nobody: 2:40am On Dec 23, 2013
SamConquer: bros thank you jare, what do You expect when someone overfeed Himself with Lizard meat.People will Just rush and 'mix up' nonsense with out doing the necessary research,just because they are fighting for frontpage.if it is by University then all the Great scientist, world leaders,oil magnate and the rest movers and shakers of the Society Should have been alumnus of Havard university.Sometimes I wonder what is Special about all this 'overated Public unis'?Is it the overcrowdness in the Lecture Room?or sex for marks?or Lecturer not attending Lectures for almost a complete Semester? and other vices..yes you paid 5000 and I paid 5milion.what is ur business?can You give what You dont have.when I come in contact with some Public Uni student;No Charisma,no aura nothing Special, with their Poor diction that leaves much to be desired. and one begins to wonder why all this overating? Mtchew Public Uni my Ass!!!...Team Igbenidion
team igbinz.. iya sholz tinz... dont mind all dis guys and their past glory schs... how many world beaters ve they produced... d tin na individual ability and nt sch.... i finish for igbinz and i pay chei.....
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by youngmonie: 2:44am On Dec 23, 2013
People have not really stopped and had a second thought on why there is so much lack of funding especially in the tertiary institutions. Its because students dont pay enough. 100k for three years whts that ? and you expect high quality education. Even in foreign countries, most tertiary institutions are funded by student fees and not government allocation. Take for the UK where even home students pay about £9000 per year which is excluding accommodation and cost of living which is roughly about 2million naira or America which is more expensive and not to talk of Intl students. With this fees the quality of education can improve as there is more funding for research, infrastructural development, training and development for the staff and for the university to implement any initiative it want. This is why ASUU can strike for as long as they want because of continuous dependence on government for funding.
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by Nobody: 2:45am On Dec 23, 2013
Aderibigbe_AAA:

we know you are from a rich family and we can see that you are not logical in your submission on his issue.

1. it true that the population in public universities is alarming but if I ask you, do you know the primary function of the university? I guess you were not taught the in your school.
whether we eat lizard meat, or mix up in over populated classrooms, but one thing is simple we get QUALITY EDUCATION far better than the million you paid for, where you are spoon feed with marks and grade.

2. you said " when I come in contact with some Public Uni student;No Charisma,no aura nothing Special, with their Poor diction that leaves much to be desired."

Do you know the meeting of Charisma? do you have charisma? how many of your classmates or fellow graduate can stand and discuss intellectual issues with an average public university student.
Do you think Charisma is about dressing in expensive clothes, forming british accents or attending parties?

you think UI,OAU, UNILAG, ABU are overrated? your lecturers are graduates of these school, you all desire to do your postgraduate studies in UI and the likes, we know your type FIRST CLASS from private universities but can't cope with the Academic standard in public universities when you come FOR Msc .

God bless you.

#TEAMUI
guy name one world setting acheivement ur UI or dose ve produced, who wants to do msc in schs dat re nt in top 100 in d world?? and moreover if govt removes subsidy, u go no say education is not free.. y harvard no b 10naira... na wa o for some pple.... i bet u, u cant make 1st class in iuo, u fink its easy ni?
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by delors(m): 2:45am On Dec 23, 2013
Tolexander: you and i almost stayed in the same block in part 1. I stayed in J3 for 2weeks until the portals relocated me.
Really? I stayed in J1 in part 1...I go know you be that now...Correct man!
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by 2chains1(m): 3:11am On Dec 23, 2013
delors:
What FREAKING automatic job? Please!!!!! Na confirm mirage! I know a guy who finished from Covenant University, he did Info Tech, did well. Guy still dey surulere for Lag now dey manage him papa pure water company fro almost how many years now. Many of them CU grads are everywhere vying for the same starter positions HNDs are applying to.
I mean, after graduation, you wait for a call-up to NYSC which may take forever, and then you serve at God-knows-where. So after service, you go back to the school to tell them say dem owe you a job abi? C'mon, its a decoy. What dey actually wanted to convey is that a cert from their school could land you mouth-watering jobs automatically...That's the selling point. Unfortunately, that BS don't sell in today's labour market unless your papa get biz wey u fit run. And if your papa fit pay N3m year plus other miscellaneous money, then he is sure-footed and job might not necessarily be a big issue after graduation. But that the school automatically offers you a job after grad is a super story.

Bros no vex but most private uni students go for Nysc the same year they grad. The school handles it for them
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by suco50(m): 4:41am On Dec 23, 2013
Guys, even FG Uni sef no be beans anymore. I paid 331K for MPH, jst for 3 semesters in UI, and that excludes some other charges within same period of study.
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by victorlexa(m): 6:30am On Dec 23, 2013
Funny stuff is dat most(if nt all) dis public uni's r so so old,even as long as 50yrs nd stil comparin demselves wit private uni's of abt 8yrs na wa ooo.y nt compare d achievements of ur uni from d period d private uni's wher established to dis very moment den u'll knw u av no point.even ur so called lecturers nd vc send dia kids to private uni's,is it dat dey dnt wnt d best 4 dem?.Sm1 even said dat he knws abt a graduate from convenant dats very very unemployed,okay u'v probably nt heard abt d guy 4rm d public uni dat cudnt even spell small english words during his nysc nd was sent away.all skuls av dia advantages nd disadvantages,yes some great men in nigeria passed out of public uni's,was der any private uni den?.focus on ur career,get ur own job,all dis arguments won't change anything
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by AderibigbeAAA(m): 6:36am On Dec 23, 2013
Pasca07: Aderibigbe,stop spewing trash here with your baseless post that 98% of private universities students can't stand an average public universities students,are u refering to the same public universities we have in naija or what?lol pls provide good evidence to back up your outrageous claim.

I can tell you today, the majority of you guys can't stand an average student from University of Ibadan and obafemi Awolowo university.

if you think otherwise, please meet someone from either of school and objectively ask yourself if you better than them.
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by Olril18(m): 6:45am On Dec 23, 2013
Lil-blitz:

you say they spoon feed us with marks..at.at least we work for it unlike you that buy yours...afta buying the marks your English remains an apology.. (pathetic) and as for charisma...it is rare to see a public uni student with more charisma (leadership qualities in case u dnt know d meaning) than a private uni student.

rubbish.....
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by Olril18(m): 6:47am On Dec 23, 2013
victorlexa: Funny stuff is dat most(if nt all) dis public uni's r so so old,even as long as 50yrs nd stil comparin demselves wit private uni's of abt 8yrs na wa ooo.y nt compare d achievements of ur uni from d period d private uni's wher established to dis very moment den u'll knw u av no point.even ur so called lecturers nd vc send dia kids to private uni's,is it dat dey dnt wnt d best 4 dem?.Sm1 even said dat he knws abt a graduate from convenant dats very very unemployed,okay u'v probably nt heard abt d guy 4rm d public uni dat cudnt even spell small english words during his nysc nd was sent away.all skuls av dia advantages nd disadvantages,yes some great men in nigeria passed out of public uni's,was der any private uni den?.focus on ur career,get ur own job,all dis arguments won't change anything
pointless and nonsense...

1 Like

Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by Olril18(m): 6:50am On Dec 23, 2013
crixtex:
team igbinz.. iya sholz tinz... dont mind all dis guys and their past glory schs... how many world beaters ve they produced... d tin na individual ability and nt sch.... i finish for igbinz and i pay chei.....
sorry...but u are suffering from a huge infeority complex.

1 Like

Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by AderibigbeAAA(m): 6:51am On Dec 23, 2013
Lil-blitz:

from your response, it clear you've admitted that you are spoonfeed but Please how do you work for been spoon feed ? It simple, You simply paid for it.

charisma is not only about leadership but the ability to influence others decision, behavior and actions with your personal charm and distinctive qualities. a charismatic person doesn't necessarily have to be in position of leadership before they influence others.

when it comes to leadership, just please keep yourself out because your so called leaders are just like Secondary school head boy, who is ordered around and told what to do by the school.
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by Nobody: 6:52am On Dec 23, 2013
team OAU
rodeo0070: *Brings out calculator*
I paid 5,300 for my 4+X years(ASUU strikes, Mojo break and other internal issues)...
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by BankManager(m): 6:53am On Dec 23, 2013
Tolexander: na wetin you no go see for OAU?
Beauties and the beasts plenty!
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by BankManager(m): 6:54am On Dec 23, 2013
Archmage: well, i directed that at bank manager who finds it hard to believe there are people 'in this modern era' who find it hard feeding themselves....
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by AderibigbeAAA(m): 6:55am On Dec 23, 2013
Pasca07: Aderibigbe,the truth is that even university of ibadan lecturers have their children in private schools,i will not mention the names of those lecturers,are you saying those lecturers don't know what is good for their children?

Yes, you are right but it simply because their kids just like you can't make the standard that will ensure they are admitted to a school like UI.
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by AderibigbeAAA(m): 7:03am On Dec 23, 2013
crixtex:
guy name one world setting acheivement ur UI or dose ve produced, who wants to do msc in schs dat re nt in top 100 in d world?? and moreover if govt removes subsidy, u go no say education is not free.. y harvard no b 10naira... na wa o for some pple.... i bet u, u cant make 1st class in iuo, u fink its easy ni?

can you meet up with the Academic standard of the top universities? do those universities recognize the degree from your glorified secondary school?

I'm not saying UI is better than Havard Yales, MIT and the likes but I can tell you, UI postgraduate programmme is far better than that of your school, that if your school even qualified to offer PG programme.
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by Tobbie9(m): 7:05am On Dec 23, 2013
interesting....
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by Olril18(m): 7:07am On Dec 23, 2013
riddiculous to be comparing public and private unis,especially in terms of QUALITY OF EDUCATION.

private unis student should stop spouting rubbish because its glaring most.of them either fails jamb or fails postutme of public schools,ending them up in their "glorified secondary schools"
so glaring,wen u see private unis offering those that scored low as 170 chance of writing postutme,and offering those that never choosed them as well postutme chance....
private unis are just a dumping and garbage ground for those rejected by both jamb or public schools..

there is no basis of comparison by comparing advanced secondary schools to real universities....

1 Like

Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by agog: 7:17am On Dec 23, 2013
oga, your submission on Babcock University is not correct at all. Pls check their school fess on their website: www.babcockuni.edu.ng. Tuition fee is as low as N380k. And for Medicine, it is N2 million per year which covers tuition, accommodation, practicals etc.

Kingclickmedia: Encomium Gone are the days when university education was
free! It now costs a fortune to have your child
educated in a private university. Parents part with as
much as N3 million per year for their child to earn a
degree in a private university. The advent of
missionary schools has not even helped matters.
ENCOMIUM Weekly presents to you the second part of
the most expensive private universities in Nigeria.

1) [size=30pt]BABCOCK UNIVERSITY[/size]
This is a private Christian co-educational university
owned and operated by the Seventh-Day Adventist
Church in Nigeria. The university was established as
the Adventist College of West Africa (ACWA) in 1957.
Their school fee ranges from N620,000 to N3 million. In Babcock University, your meal and hostel defines
your fee. It offers two and three daily meal services.
And for accommodation, there are three to seven
students in a room. When it comes to
accommodation, it depends on your choice. Either it is
regular (7 in a room), premium (4 in a room) or classic (3 or 2 in a room). Here is a breakdown of Babcock school fees: Medicine:
N3 million, Law: N2 million, Accounting: N1.5 million,
Nursing: N1 million, other faculties: N860,000 –
N620,000.

2) [size=30pt]AMERICAN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA (ABTI)[/size]
ABTI is the first Nigerian university with American
structure and curriculum. It is in north eastern Nigeria,
Yola, capital of Adamawa State. At ABTI, students pay
as much as N1,378,500 to receive quality education.
Parents, however, pay in dollars. For tuition: $6,600 (N990,000), meals: $1,900
(285,000), four in a room: $500 (N75,000), private
room: $1,900 – N285,000). In total, it amounts to
N1,378,500 per annum. Accommodation and feeding are taken care by the
school.

3) [size=30pt]AFE BABALOLA UNIVERSITY[/size]
Afe Babalola University is a private higher institution
in Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State. It was established in 2009 by
Nigeria’s foremost lawyer and legal icon, Chief Afe
Babalola (SAN). The fee covers tuition, development
levy, ICT, ID card, medical, sports, PTCF levy, course
registration, caution fee and accommodation which is either four per room or two per room. Here is a breakdown of their school fees: For Engineering: N925,000 (4 beds) and N1,075,000 (2
beds). Health Science: N725,000 (4 beds) and N875,000 (2
beds) Sciences: N675,000 (4 beds) and N825,000 (2 beds) Social Management Science: N675,000 (4 beds) and
N825,000 (2 beds) The fee ranges from N675,000 to N1,075,000
annually. There is no provision for feeding.

4) [size=30pt]IGBINEDION UNIVERSITY[/size]
The university came into existence following the
presentation of certificate of approval on May 16,
1999. Thus, it became the first licensed private
university in Nigeria. The tuition ranges from
N540,000 to N820,000 without feeding. For Medicine, Pharmacy, Law and Engineering, they
pay a tuition of N610,000, accommodation: N100,000
and other facilities: N110,000. BOWEN UNIVERSITY It is owned and operated by the Nigerian Baptist
Convention, at Iwo in Osun State and opened
November 4, 2002. The tuition fee ranges from
N500,000 to N750,000 per annum. The university is
only responsible for accommodation and tuition.
Students are made to buy their food from the cafeteria.

5) [size=30pt]CRAWFORD UNIVERSITY[/size]
Crawford University is a private Christian institution in
Igbesa, Nigeria. It was established in 2005. The school
provides accommodation for students but does not
provide feeding. Parents only pay for tuition,
accommodation and some additional charges. The
school fee ranges from N400,000 to N600,000.

6) [size=30pt]REDEEMER’S UNIVERSITY[/SIZE]
Redeemer’s University is a Christian school located in
Redemption City, Ogun State, Nigeria. It was opened
in 2005. At Redeemers, Natural Science pays
N605,000, Management Sciences; N575,000 and
Humanities pays N545,000. All this fees are paid
without feeding but tuition and accommodation.
We can see that the fees range from N500,000 to
N650,000 per annum.

Source: http://encomium.ng/most-expensive-private-universities-in-nigeria-unveiled/ [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by Olril18(m): 7:18am On Dec 23, 2013
crixtex:

had u meet the required standards,i.e passing jamb and postutme well,u will surely have ended up in a public uni,rather than ur"advanced high sch"
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by victorlexa(m): 7:19am On Dec 23, 2013
Olril18: riddiculous to be comparing public and private unis,especially in terms of QUALITY OF EDUCATION.

private unis student should stop spouting rubbish because its glaring most.of them either fails jamb or fails postutme of public schools,ending them up in their "glorified secondary schools"
so glaring,wen u see private unis offering those that scored low as 170 chance of writing postutme,and offering those that never choosed them as well postutme chance....
private unis are just a dumping and garbage ground for those rejected by both jamb or public schools..

there is no basis of comparison by comparing advanced secondary schools to real universities....
face reality... Stop living on past glory
Re: Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled by elobyobi: 7:20am On Dec 23, 2013
N147420, that was my school fees throughout 6 years of medical school.
If I'd gone to school on loan, my first salary would have settled the bill pronto.
Plus, almost half of my classmates were on scholarships, so they practically went to med school for free.
#TeamGiants

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

ASUU To Begin Indefinite Nationwide Strike Today / After Finishing Further Maths Exam(photo) / Photo Of A Curvy High School Teacher Got Men Talking On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.