Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,078 members, 7,818,232 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter (91031 Views)

Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply / Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo / President Jonathan's Reply To Dr Tunji Braithwaite' Abusive comment &(Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Scream(m): 9:16pm On Dec 22, 2013
What happened NIPOST? The letters are meaningless to the common man, they are just playing around with words...the real issues with Nigeria are "no-go-areas". They all know the rule and the abide strictly by the rule. If Buhari likes let him follow follow Tinubu to Alamasiegha's house, he won't know what they do behind, when 2015 (s)elections come, all these meaningless letters would be used to clean their backsides and those that don't belong would be shown the Ribadu's 2011 way.

The common man should close his eyes to crumbs from the master's table, stop oppressing one another and take up his fight.

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Nobody: 9:16pm On Dec 22, 2013
Abati signature all written on the letter.

Nothing tangible...just the usual fumbling around with lot of verbose...but lacking in any shred of substance.

4 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by stanjohn57: 9:16pm On Dec 22, 2013
If anyone here claims he is educated, and he still asserts that GEJ did not address issues in his letter, such a person is either outrightly ignorant, deliberately mischievous or is just a perfect model for our flawed educational system. #copied oddy4real...

This GEJ dude definitely knows the meaning of culture and diplomacy! He just gave it to OBJ without saying a 'word'!

113 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by yibomustgo(m): 9:17pm On Dec 22, 2013
Jonathan did not address Obsanjo's allegations. What he has done is to just repeat the allegations and denied doing them. He tried to give Obsanjo some body shots while doing it. I don't see this a good response to what Obasanjo asked in his letter.

Jonathan failed to address the corruption allegations i.e Stellah Oduah and co....

Jonathan failed to address his talk about only Ibos voted for him and Ibos being his backbone....

Jonathan failed to address the allegation of Al-Mustapha release....

Jonathan failed to address the insecurity questions in the country....

Jonathan failed to answer the question of supporting opposition parties with the promise that they support him for re-election...

Jonathan failed to address the problem he caused in Rivers State as sitting Governor, Amaechi is being humiliated by police and GEJ loyalists...

Jonathan has failed to address the allegation of weapons being shipped to Enugu and not the rest of the country.......

There are more questions to be answered.

60 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Nobody: 9:17pm On Dec 22, 2013
space
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by brojero: 9:17pm On Dec 22, 2013
Nothing special said, apart from the fact that GEJ is not to blame for anything....

5 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by TRUTHTELA: 9:17pm On Dec 22, 2013
Why would anyone have time to exchange words with A clueless PEASEANT that killed his way to become a military head of states, also went ahead to loot from the treasury and become a billionaire

A FAILURE that was rejected by his imidiate family, his ward, state and the yourba race, but was voted for by other ignorant tribes is talking.

Generations to come will SPIT on Obasanjo's grave.

17 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by yibomustgo(m): 9:18pm On Dec 22, 2013
Jonathan's response is flat and lame. There is no substance in this response. He just mentioned the allegations Obasanjo raised but failed to defend himself with facts. Jonathan failed woefully in his answers to the allegations Obasanjo made. His supporters and loyalists should be disappointed tonight with this response.

4 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by s3nn2x(m): 9:18pm On Dec 22, 2013
See how old men are ranting like pregnant virgins.

Obasanjo is not in the right position to question GEJ's leadership because he was not better.

GEJ's response is disappointing and empty.
I expected something thrilling. GEJ fell my hand as usual.

Both men can go to hell for all I care.

Our leaders have failed us.

I am even surprised that the so-called progressives now consider Obasanjo as a father of democracy.

Nigeria has suffered.

When are we going to get it right?

The party that people are hoping will bring change is no different from other parties.

4 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by boolet: 9:18pm On Dec 22, 2013
Abeg go joor.
Letter wey na Abati write.

2 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by taharqa: 9:18pm On Dec 22, 2013
yibomustgo: The response was flat with no substance. He failed with this response. he did not address the allegations made by Obasanjo. He mentioned the allegations but failed to defend himself with facts.
OLODO, it isn't d Accussed who shld provide 'facts' to prove/disprove an allegation; it is d Accuser that shld so do!!

71 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by ThankGodEdeh(m): 9:18pm On Dec 22, 2013
This reply is a masterpiece. We have heard the story from two different sides. Now, it's left for us to use our head in judging and knowing who is fooling who. As for me and my family, we can not be misled. #GEJ TILL 2019#

106 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by TRUTHTELA: 9:19pm On Dec 22, 2013
yibomustgo: Jonathan did not address Obsanjo's allegations. What he has done is to just repeat the allegations and denied doing them. He tried to give Obsanjo some body shots while doing it. I don't see this a good response to what Obasanjo asked in his letter.

Jonathan failed to address the corruption allegations i.e Stellah Oduah and co....

Jonathan failed to address his talk about only Ibos voted for him and Ibos being his backbone....

Jonathan failed to answer the question of supporting opposition parties with the promise that they support him for re-election...

Jonathan failed to address the problem he caused in Rivers State as sitting Governor, Amaechi is being humiliated by police and GEJ loyalists...

Jonathan has failed to address the allegation of weapons being shipped to Enugu and not the rest of the country.......

When will all the past rulers of Nigeria answer and give account of how they WRECKED the nation?

10 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Nobody: 9:19pm On Dec 22, 2013
This is a nicely-crafted response from the presidency. As I read through the letter, my hope in Nigeria once again rekindles.

#TeamGEJ 2015

78 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by scribble: 9:19pm On Dec 22, 2013
ilugunboy: Abati signature all written on the letter.

Nothing tangible...just the usual fumbling around with lot of verbose...but lacking in any shred of substance.

i beg to differ...what abati said was this:

1. OBJ na u corrupt pass...he mentioned haliburton, siemens, signature bonuses from 2000 to 2007 etc etc
2. OBJ na u kill politicians pass...he mentioned this subtly referring to assasinations that occured during OBJ era
3. OBJ na u ruin PDP pass...Nwodo, Ogbeh, Lar etc etc
4. He said a lot of things that are for those reading between the lines to pick...seems you were looking for in your face statements

54 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by oladapoa1(m): 9:20pm On Dec 22, 2013
Pen war. That cute. This is real democracy
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by callistus124: 9:20pm On Dec 22, 2013
just passing
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by scribble: 9:20pm On Dec 22, 2013
yibomustgo: Jonathan did not address Obsanjo's allegations. What he has done is to just repeat the allegations and denied doing them. He tried to give Obsanjo some body shots while doing it. I don't see this a good response to what Obasanjo asked in his letter.

bro did u read the letter or are u reading Archie?

73 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by olas24u(f): 9:21pm On Dec 22, 2013
That corruption is an issue in Nigeria is indisputable. It has been with us for many years. You will recall that your kinsman, the renowned afro-beat maestro, Fela Anikulapo-Kuti famously sang about it during your first stint as Head of State. Sonny Okosun also sang about corruption. And as you may recall, a number of Army Generals were to be retired because of corruption before the Dimka coup. Also, the late General Murtala Mohammed himself wanted to retire some top people in his cabinet on corruption-related issues before he was assassinated. Even in this Fourth Republic, the Siemens and Halliburton scandals are well known.

Seems obj knows about the death of Murtala Mohammed ,pls can any body explain the statement in the text and get the meanings

8 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by kraftyiyk: 9:21pm On Dec 22, 2013
if i were President Goodluck, i wont reply to that letter, silence they say is golden., by replying this letter, he has giving OBJ the attention he was gingering for, we all know that letter is a prelude to an impending doom, we are all awaiting the actual hidden agenda behind OBJ's letter come 2014/2015, Nigerians are not fools, i said it before n i'll say it again, if OBJ and his acolytes have got the magic wand to fix Nigeria, why didn't he use it in his last 3 tenure as a president? he's the last person that should be listened to/replied if anyone was to advice on credible leadership....at his football/political age, he's already too old even to stay in an old people's home,
the old man should go climb into his coffin, and await his last day...enough of this old school oligarchs in Nigerian politics.

9 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by yfo: 9:21pm On Dec 22, 2013
For those that dutifully read every word of that epistle...we hail thee smiley

5 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by yibomustgo(m): 9:21pm On Dec 22, 2013
TRUTHTELA:

When will all the past rulers of Nigeria answer and give account of how they WRECKED the nation?

Jonathan is in the position to ask them those questions. If they can't answer the questions, he has the power to prosecute them. What stops him from asking them these questions?

2 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Nobody: 9:22pm On Dec 22, 2013
Baseless response.

2 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Cashio(m): 9:22pm On Dec 22, 2013
Swear say u read this article finish!
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by awodman: 9:22pm On Dec 22, 2013

Since, as President, you also served for many years as
Minister of Petroleum Resources, you very well know the
workings of the corporation.

Apt!...GEJ reminds us how the oil industry was run during Obj's time

What I have not done is to influence the electoral process to favour our Party. You were definitely never so inclined,
since you openly boasted in your letter of how you
supported Alhaji Shehu Shagari against Chief Obafemi
Awolowo, Chief Nnamdi Azikiwe and others in the 1979
presidential elections while serving as a military Head of
State. You and I clearly differ in this regard, because as
the President of Nigeria, I believe it is my duty and
responsibility to create a level playing field for all parties
and all candidates.

GEJ simply telling Obj No..I don't rig elections like you..

30 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Tsmooth1(m): 9:22pm On Dec 22, 2013
I swear no be Goodluck write this letter, he is too daft to compose this type of letter.

5 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by possibilita(m): 9:22pm On Dec 22, 2013
good.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by IamDebola: 9:23pm On Dec 22, 2013
Someone please summarise this post... Haba!
I hate long posts like this one..
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by VivyGift(f): 9:23pm On Dec 22, 2013
Hmmm...

Now that I have read the letter, I bet GEJ is actually doing his best to govern this country... His administration with wot he stated here will be a success I pray
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by taharqa: 9:23pm On Dec 22, 2013
ilugunboy: Abati signature all written on the letter.

Wudn't it hv been much better and smarter if you actuali read tru d entire Letter b4 rushing to comment??

12 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Nobody: 9:23pm On Dec 22, 2013
If you commented, without taking out the time to read half of the letter, may your days be counted.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply)

The Moment Wike Pushed Man Out Of His Way & Left PDP Convention Venue / Viewers Doze Off On Lekki Shooting CCTV Footage (Pic & Vid) / CEO Of Betting Company, Akin Alabi Cries Out As Man Won N24m With N1,500

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.