Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,695 members, 7,823,956 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter (91078 Views)

Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply / Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo / President Jonathan's Reply To Dr Tunji Braithwaite' Abusive comment &(Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by coalcoal1(m): 9:23pm On Dec 22, 2013
this mata taya me jare. how to move the country forward should be top on the agenda
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Nobody: 9:24pm On Dec 22, 2013
[color=#990000][/color] :PHaaaahaaaa SEUN nd his ppl will not kill somebody! Will I wait or sit to read this eppistle ? I bet you jonathan doesn't have this kind of I Q its either this is from Abati,Okupe,Okonjo,Allyson or patience jonathan

I rest my case
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by mascot87(m): 9:24pm On Dec 22, 2013
All I see flying around the letter is cluelessness.Jonathan indeed

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Kk4(m): 9:25pm On Dec 22, 2013
Long text but I had to read it because it's from GEJ... He made some point but I think he should have ignored Obj. That man is a manipulating s.o.b. watch as he turns this against GEJ

2 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by c0llynz02: 9:25pm On Dec 22, 2013
GEJ gave OBJ some serious bashing in this letter.
1 I am most uneasy about embarking
on this unprecedented and unconventional form of open communication between me and a former leader of our country because I know that there are more acceptable and dignified means of doing so.

2 The eighth reason is that it appears that your letter was designed to incite Nigerians from other geopolitical zones against me and also calculated to promote ethnic disharmony. Worse still, your letter was designed to instigate members of our Party, the PDP, against me.

3 My Administration is working assiduously to overcome current national security challenges, the seeds of which were sown under previous administrations.
4 Having done all this and more, it is interesting that you still accuse me of not acting on your hardly original recommendation that the carrot and stick option be deployed to solve the Boko Haram
problem.

5 If the invasion of Odi by the Army was the stick, I did not see the corresponding carrot. I was the Deputy Governor of Bayelsa State then, and as I have always told you, the invasion of Odi did not solve any militancy problem but, to some extent, escalated it.
6 (third term through the back door)
Here in Abuja, a petrol tanker loaded with explosives was to be rammed into the
INEC building. But luckily for the country, an electric pole stopped the tanker from hitting the INEC building. It is clear that this incident was meant to exploit the general sense of insecurity in the nation at the time to achieve the aim of stopping the 2007 elections.

7 it is just as well to remind you that the first major case of kidnapping for ransom took place around 2006. And the Boko Haram crisis dates back to 2002. Goodluck Jonathan was not the President of the country then. Also, armed robbery started in this country immediately after the civil war and since then, it has been a problem to all succeeding governments. For a former Head of Government, who should know better, to presen these problems as if they were creations of the Jonathan Administration is most uncharitable.
8 (Truth)
The allegation of training snipers to assassinate political opponents is particularly incomprehensible to me. Since I started my political career as a Deputy Governor, I have never been associated with any form of political violence. I have been a President for over three years now, with a lot of challenges and opposition mainly from the high and mighty. There have certainly been cases of political assassination since the advent of our Fourth Republic, but as you well know, none of them occurred under my leadership.
9 (we all knew this, didn't we?)
Baba, let us all be truthful to ourselves, God and posterity. At the heart of all the current troubles in our party and the larger polity is the unbridled jostling and positioning for personal or group advantage ahead of the 2015 general elections.

33 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Superstar007(m): 9:26pm On Dec 22, 2013
Okay. Nice one from The Presidency#cant believe I actually finished reading that letter# btw, Obj is just an attention seeker, he wants to control everything. .

Last Bullet: Gej jxt murdered Obj with this letter, Obj should just find a place and sit down and ponder abt his life. #This movie is becoming more interesting, cant wait for the next series

14 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Kk4(m): 9:27pm On Dec 22, 2013
adesina abiodun: [color=#990000][/color] :PHaaaahaaaa SEUN nd his ppl will not kill somebody! Will I wait or sit to read this eppistle ? I bet you jonathan doesn't have this kind of I Q its either this is from Abati,Okupe,Okonjo,Allyson or patience jonathan

I rest my case

Patience Jonathan? Okay

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Nobody: 9:27pm On Dec 22, 2013
scribble:

i beg to differ...what abati said was this:

1. OBJ na u corrupt pass...he mentioned haliburton, siemens, signature bonuses from 2000 to 2007 etc etc
2. OBJ na u kill politicians pass...he mentioned this subtly referring to assasinations that occured during OBJ era
3. OBJ na u ruin PDP pass...Nwodo, Ogbeh, Lar etc etc
4. He said a lot of things that are for those reading between the lines to pick...seems you were looking for in your face statements

What is he afraid of?

Why all the side-brush....why not let go off the gloves and come with a direct response. You don't necessarily have to ascribe your own meanings to what he wrote.

There wasn't any ambiguity in OBJ letter...but this is opened to many interpretations.....as you are doing.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by chinedugreat(m): 9:27pm On Dec 22, 2013
I feel 4 dis our presido,y won't nigerian let him be.one thing I knw is let obj write all his 20 page letters come 2015,GEJ must WIN.enough is enough.hater go and hug transformer and die.

17 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by oddy4real(m): 9:27pm On Dec 22, 2013
yibomustgo: The response was flat with no substance. He failed with this response. he did not address the allegations made by Obasanjo. He mentioned the allegations but failed to defend himself with facts.
How did he fail to address issues? Cant you read??

14 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by glimpse(f): 9:28pm On Dec 22, 2013
grin hehehehe...oya o,all the pro GEJ and anti GEJ nairalanders,where una dey o? Time for some e-fights. *round 1, fight*

while i quietly observe.

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Tofax: 9:29pm On Dec 22, 2013
God bless Nigeria. The era where few individuals decide who become the President of this great country is gradually been threatened. This is a political Renaissance. Someday Nigeria will be GREAT again.

9 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Paschal007: 9:30pm On Dec 22, 2013
Now we wait for obj counter reply right? This is more entertaining than I imagined.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by atlwireles: 9:30pm On Dec 22, 2013
Who KILLED murtala mohammed.

12 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by yibomustgo(m): 9:30pm On Dec 22, 2013
oddy4real:
How did he fail to address issues? Cant you read??

I read it and failed to defend himself other than to mention the allegations. Repeating the allegations again and again is not amount to solid defense.....
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by emmaliveth10(m): 9:30pm On Dec 22, 2013
It is with the greatest possible reluctance that I now write this reply. I am most uneasy about embarking on this unprecedented and unconventional form of open communication between me and a former leader of our country because I know that there are more acceptable and dignified means of doing so.

3 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Nobody: 9:30pm On Dec 22, 2013
i dnt care undecidedi dnt care
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by tunnex190: 9:30pm On Dec 22, 2013
This is an epistle...too voluminous. I am sure it's about 3 times pages OBJ wrote to him.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by luvinhubby(m): 9:31pm On Dec 22, 2013
Precise, concise and straight to point, Nigerians now know who is lying and who is telling the truth.
Obasanjo is a disgrace to this nation Nigeria.

14 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by scribble: 9:31pm On Dec 22, 2013
ilugunboy:

What is he afraid of?

Why all the side-brush....why not let go off the gloves and come with a direct response. You don't necessarily have to ascribe your own meanings to what he wrote.

There wasn't any ambiguity in OBJ letter...but this is opened to many interpretations.....as you are doing.

mystery and misdirection are good tools for any MAN worth his salt. OBJ lacks tact, GEJ doesnt. OBJ screwed Gbenga's wife, far be it from GEJ, he'd rather get in on some classy tail without controversy attached.

Im becoming a fan of GEJ's style, tho I voted for Buhari in 2011. I'm being won over. OBJ cannot claim elder statesman now, he is part of the problem big time. And I've met OBJ personally and Im an Ijebu boy fyi

36 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Gboliwe: 9:32pm On Dec 22, 2013
Wow! God bless the President.

22 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by chinedugreat(m): 9:32pm On Dec 22, 2013
Abeg bros, u need understanding cus reading differ with understand.pray to God 4 help.

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by obayaya(m): 9:32pm On Dec 22, 2013
now, everybody that was asking for a reply Can now close their mouths and let's have some peace..

This is a befitting reply to that 18 page rant

17 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by yibomustgo(m): 9:33pm On Dec 22, 2013
scribble:

mystery and misdirection are good tools for any MAN worth his salt. OBJ lacks tact, GEJ doesnt. OBJ screwed Gbenga's wife, far be it from GEJ, he'd rather get in on some classy tail without controversy attached.

Im becoming a fan of GEJ's style, tho I voted for Buhari in 2011. I'm being won over. OBJ cannot claim elder statesman now, he is part of the problem big time. And I've met OBJ personally and Im an Ijebu boy fyi

Liar! You didn't have to tell us your tribe or who you voted for. Stop lying or get hit by thunder cool

2 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by marioxbenita50: 9:33pm On Dec 22, 2013
Baba u go hear ram dis xmas
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by size38: 9:33pm On Dec 22, 2013
Pls, what kind of primary school children response is this to a weighty allegation such as these? GEJ only mentioned the Allegations and flatly denied them as the same way a kind would deny any accusation. What evidence does GEJ and his government wants when we are all seeing it before us. Talk of corruption, insecurity, impunity in high places, divisiveness, and anti party. Haba! GEJ, is that a way of responding to a very serious matter like this?

3 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by atlwireles: 9:33pm On Dec 22, 2013
ilugunboy:

What is he afraid of?

That was the intent. After Iyabo's letter, most Nigerians are more likely to view OBJ in a non positive light. GEJ did not have to call him a Liar, Killer or a Corrupt person. He left it up to you as the reader to make up your own mind.

27 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by GeneralShepherd(m): 9:34pm On Dec 22, 2013
hotwax: Fool. A disgrace to Nigerian. The clueless one. We will see how your Igbo brothers will vote you in. Hausa and Yorubas are rethinking.

Better to be thought a fool than to comment and clear the doubt.

24 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by abbakacici: 9:34pm On Dec 22, 2013
please someone summary it for lazy people like me, because i just manage to read like 40% of it, but from what i read GEJ don't address most of the allegations, like the corruption charges, that is why Stellah and Sec lady still there, where his minister (wIKE) is fighting openly with a state, his amazing relationship with Peter obi (AGPA) And Mimiko (LP) because before you read that GEJ is having meeting with Shema, Yuguda, Dankumbu or even Suswan, we will see him with Peter obi like 5 times, and the words used in the PDP really during Anambra election, like the Igbos are his only back bones, Yaruba are murders, the only thing i can get is that GEJ is saying i think he is better in handling the security and economy situation of the country more then OBJ

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply)

The Moment Wike Pushed Man Out Of His Way & Left PDP Convention Venue / Viewers Doze Off On Lekki Shooting CCTV Footage (Pic & Vid) / CEO Of Betting Company, Akin Alabi Cries Out As Man Won N24m With N1,500

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.