Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,670 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi (33046 Views)

I Dear Catholics To Prove Me Wrong On This. / Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted / 2014 Prophecy By W.f. Kumuyi Of Deeper Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Sermwell(m): 2:56pm On Dec 24, 2013
Mintayo: We don't celebrte christmas,we celebrate Jesus...the saviour of the World.
Please celebrate jesus everyday!
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Wheellz(m): 2:58pm On Dec 24, 2013
Elnino4ladies: ..niggah stop spewin shits..dis ar basics necesity of life..xmas is of pagan origin simple as dt..
dis is called memorial of d birth of christ practised by CHRISTIANS. UR TOTS R TOO SHABBY 4 UR AGE.
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Nobody: 3:01pm On Dec 24, 2013
hotwax:

So whats wrong with picking a day to remember him?
May be you need your little brother to interpret the logic behind it.
then why pick a date a pegan sun god is worshiped... The roman constantine introduced several pegan mode of worship into christianity , pegan logos are all over churches in rome... Need to read about the obelisk and several landmarks seeing around rome... Well Xmas was not celebrated untill the 4th century.
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Raptureminded(m): 3:01pm On Dec 24, 2013
I didnt want 2 talk on this issue b4 but wat dis tin is expanding 2 make me react. My pastor was only preaching 2 his members dat christmas is not gud. Why cant people i min preachers face there own business. y al dis naw. he was only talking 2 us his members. oga o dat a sign dat d end time as come. people wil b luking 4 how dae wil offend people. dis as nt cme 2 fight

1 Like

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Seunl1: 3:02pm On Dec 24, 2013
Paul says in Rom. 14:5-6 "One man esteemeth one
day above another: another esteemeth every day alike.Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it...

1 Like

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by timilehin007(m): 3:04pm On Dec 24, 2013
zicky: Mind u kumuyi was only speaking to members of his church, he was not speaking to Christians in Nigeria, so if you are not a member of his church I don't see the reason why dis should b your problem. Every church has der doctrine, so stick to what you believe.
The man stands for what he believe, what do you stand for?
quit being an ignorannt we are talking about Jesus Christ and Xmas here its not necesarry he refer to christian as a whole but the truth still remains Kumuyi sees all christian celebrating Jesus as idol worshippers read what he said again he didn't point to Deeper life he actually directed it to everyone celebrating Jesus on xmas day of which his own members celebrate him o..just imagine if his members can celebrate him why can't the whole world celebrate our lord Jesus Christ..abeg
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by LOVEGINO(m): 3:14pm On Dec 24, 2013
clicknewsnaija:

http://www.africanspotlight.com/2013/12/23/christmas-celebration-catholic-church-replies-pastor-kumuyi/
http://clicknewznigeria..com/2013/12/christmas-is-good-well-celebrate-it.html

Na christian wey no get direction I dey pity 4. I rememba wayback wen my neighbours(deeper life) no dey use TV set(dem say na sin). Sotey 1 of my neighbour no dey use condom n family planning(all because of Kumuyi). 2 God b d glory, dem don dey soji sotey dem dey watch dia Baba 4 satlite now. I guess Dem don dey get sence small small.
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by emmahoney(m): 3:15pm On Dec 24, 2013
Roman Catholic will sure support the festival despite the fact that it lacks Scriptural evidence!! Follow not the tradition of men, you won't listen. Is this man telling us that the scripture is not complete? So the need to add to the it!! Anais died mysteriously not because he sinned but because he wanted to prevent the ark of the lord from falling. After Christ death, the apostles were still living without celebrating the birth of their Lord. So why the celebration?
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Lxgking(m): 3:15pm On Dec 24, 2013
troy20: He feasts with zeus in mount olympus...he plays golf with poseidon...so he must be a god.all we mortals can only quake in fear even when he belch's off a good meal.i saw him for the first time in convoyes of heavily tinted jeeps with suited men running at the sides in my youth service days.i thought kumuyi was a governor until i was drilled in of his legend.then i said wow! I just saw a god who said we shouldnt watch television...
lolsness, really cnt stop laffing, u jst said it xctly as my gy wuld put it "wow! I jst saw a God wu said we shuldnt watch t.v" classic.....dem be lk: we got no t.v, bt i av a laptop, my 2 sis has, our parent has nd o yes des mobile t.v(4 nta news nd our church stations) n we av phones also....lol wu z decivin wu Happy xmas y'all n 4 dos dat agree say dem get t.v, luk 4 dz new movie release @47 Ronin.

1 Like

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Gifterai: 3:17pm On Dec 24, 2013
Yes the man is right in is statement. Christmas came from pagan source. Christmas tree, mistleteo, santa clause etc are rooted from pagan festivals. Just because 2 billion people are celebrating christmas doesn't make it right. You must not follow after the crowd. God is not interested in quantity but quality. Remember only 8 people survived the flood of noah's time. joshua and caleb were the only adults that enter the promise land, only 300 men were selected to fight along with gideon against thousands of enemy soldiers. Just think about it, can you pick up a candy from the gutter and start eating it? It's true that the truth is bitter. Be wise and don't follow the crowd.
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Janetozi(f): 3:19pm On Dec 24, 2013
Was kumuyi advising the catholic against that or his church member? The man is only trying to remind his church members about his believe concerning this Christmas of a thing, i don't know why some people should be making un-necessary noise over it.

1 Like

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Slimmos(m): 3:19pm On Dec 24, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
THE GODS BE PRAISED!

OPEN DECLARATION OF PAGANISM! grin

BUT WHY CANT NIGERIAN CATHOLICS WORSHIP OUR NATIVE GODS?!

WHY WORSHIP THESE FOREIGN GODS?
Pagan niger wat xup.....kwana biyu....but gaskiya u no try for me ooo..and if na 4k up u want just tell me ur house adress make i com treat d fu*k up
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by emmahoney(m): 3:25pm On Dec 24, 2013
Paul Steve: Answer to Pastor Kumuyi's Message about celebrating christmas:

Luke 2:9-20
9 And behold,[a] an angel of the Lord stood before them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were greatly afraid. 10 Then the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people. 11 For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. 12 And this will be the sign to you: You will find a Babe wrapped in swaddling cloths, lying in a manger.”

13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying:

14 “Glory to God in the highest,
And on earth peace, goodwill toward men!”[b]
15 So it was, when the angels had gone away from them into heaven, that the shepherds said to one another, “Let us now go to Bethlehem and see this thing that has come to pass, which the Lord has made known to us.” 16 And they came with haste and found Mary and Joseph, and the Babe lying in a manger. 17 Now when they had seen Him, they made widely[c] known the saying which was told them concerning this Child. 18 And all those who heard it marveled at those things which were told them by the shepherds.
Did the apostles continue the celebration? If no, that makes your quote invalid
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Afroconnect: 3:25pm On Dec 24, 2013
hotwax: However, this argument cant change anything. Xmas is the world largest festival being celebrated by close to 3 billion people.

How many are deeper life? Kumuyi is just ranting locally. Americans, Spaniards, Europians..people all over the world are celebrating massively.

Deeper life cant spoil the show. They are too small. They are not bigger than Jesus.
Very vain and empty argument you posted here.
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Evasmillingguy(m): 3:26pm On Dec 24, 2013
jossy_1luv: Is this the new trend in nigeria? Letter writing kiss
lolzz I guess u re rite
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by emmahoney(m): 3:26pm On Dec 24, 2013
Paul Steve: Answer to Pastor Kumuyi's Message about celebrating christmas:

Luke 2:9-20
9 And behold,[a] an angel of the Lord stood before them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were greatly afraid. 10 Then the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people. 11 For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. 12 And this will be the sign to you: You will find a Babe wrapped in swaddling cloths, lying in a manger.”

13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying:

14 “Glory to God in the highest,
And on earth peace, goodwill toward men!”[b]
15 So it was, when the angels had gone away from them into heaven, that the shepherds said to one another, “Let us now go to Bethlehem and see this thing that has come to pass, which the Lord has made known to us.” 16 And they came with haste and found Mary and Joseph, and the Babe lying in a manger. 17 Now when they had seen Him, they made widely[c] known the saying which was told them concerning this Child. 18 And all those who heard it marveled at those things which were told them by the shepherds.
Did the apostles continue the celebration? If no, that makes your quote invalid. Why is it that his true birthday is not known? Tell me
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by ifenadi(m): 3:28pm On Dec 24, 2013
Yeah, it is right to celebrate Christ everyday.
However, it is not right to celebrat his birthday everyday.

25th is a date picked to remember his birth just as we have date we remember his death. Whoever says we should not remember Jesus's birth is not a Christian

1 Like

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Wheellz(m): 3:29pm On Dec 24, 2013
emmahoney: Roman Catholic will sure support the festival despite the fact that it lacks Scriptural evidence!! Follow not the tradition of men, you won't listen. Is this man telling us that the scripture is not complete? So the need to add to the it!! Anais died mysteriously not because he sinned but because he wanted to prevent the ark of the lord from falling. After Christ death, the apostles were still living without celebrating the birth of their Lord. So why the celebration?

DIS IS D DUMBEST REASON IN DIS TREND.PIKIN A DATE TO CELEBRATE CHRIST MST B IN D BIBLE?
HEAR URSLF.
HIS BIRTH WAS MDE KNWN WE PIKD A DATE. JST LYK WE CELEBRATIN OUR BDAY.
WATS BAD IN IT.
U DEEPER LYF MEMBAS R DISGUSTIN.
DNT WATCH TV
DNT WEAR WEDDIN GOWN
U DRESS CDE IS ILL
U JST CNDEMN TINS
READ MEANING INTO TINS DAT R SO OPEN.
U KNW Y WE CELEBERAT IT YET U CONDEM IT
ATTACH MEANIN TO IT OF HW WE REPERESENT DIFFERENTLY.
NA RUM MATE IS DIPER LYF YET HE TEND NT TO CLASH FAITH. I USED TO LYK U GUYS. BT U R WORSE.
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Wheellz(m): 3:33pm On Dec 24, 2013
ifenadi: Yeah, it is right to celebrate Christ everyday.
However, it is not right to celebrat his birthday everyday.

25th is a date picked to remember his birth just as we have date we remember his death. Whoever says we should not remember Jesus's birth is not a Christian
WELL SAID

1 Like

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by emmahoney(m): 3:33pm On Dec 24, 2013
hotwax:

I dont know why that is so hard for a pastor/graduate to understand.

Nobody is saying Christ was born on december 25.

We just picked a popular holiday to honor/celebrate him.

Nawa for some people sha...
the pagans picked it for you, thereby adding to the Scripture. Are you saying that God is not wise for hiding his true birthday from the world? So the need to follow pagan tradition!! Anyway God is a merciful God.
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by deri4luv1(m): 3:35pm On Dec 24, 2013
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Lxgking(m): 3:42pm On Dec 24, 2013
Leo Adewale: All these Christmas or no Christmas talk is becoming a cliché. If the Bible says you should celebrate it, do it. If the Bible didn't mention it, two things are involved:

It's either because it's not important coz only the important things are written in the Bible or because God hates it (therefore didn't mention it at all).

If it's not important, you're not safe. If God hates it, two things are involved.

It's either 'coz it's a period most people exhibit their wildness or 'coz it's paganic like some would say. . . . . . . . .[*some text missing*]

Children are unjustly lied to that gifts are brought by Santa Claus, or St. Nicholas, Father Christmas, e.t.c. Ofcourse, none of these stories are true. Now tell me, does the telling of such stories build in children a respect for truth, and does such practice honour Jesus Christ, who taught that God must be worshiped with truth? - John 4 v 23, 24.

All of you claming it's no longer paganic. . .have you ever meditated on 2 Corinthians 6 v 14-18?

Compare Exodus 32 v 4-10. Notice the Israelites adopted an Egyptian festival but renamed & recustomised and dedicated it to God. But God severly punished them. Should this not be a lesson to Christians?

Battery low. GAsT to go.
well mr. Leo, anybdy culd be santa, basketmouth did it nd put smiles on d face of lil sick children, n ds ntin stopin u 4rm buyin santas cloth, wrappin up a bicycle(which hes bn askin u 4 all yr) nd presentin it 2 ur child as a xmas gift, makin him d happiest boy eva or u can visit needy people n share d xmas spirit, "d angel told us 2 rejoice n sing" na u chop stone if u wan tempt me.....all dz because of 10naira u people wu give small small children abi??
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by guiddoti: 3:45pm On Dec 24, 2013
Gifterai: Yes the man is right in is statement. Christmas came from pagan source. Christmas tree, mistleteo, santa clause etc are rooted from pagan festivals. Just because 2 billion people are celebrating christmas doesn't make it right. You must not follow after the crowd. God is not interested in quantity but quality. Remember only 8 people survived the flood of noah's time. joshua and caleb were the only adults that enter the promise land, only 300 men were selected to fight along with gideon against thousands of enemy soldiers. Just think about it, can you pick up a candy from the gutter and start eating it? It's true that the truth is bitter. Be wise and don't follow the crowd.
I took deep thought on the subject matter, I discovered that the death of Jesus is more important to his birth. The bible speaks more on his death, which is the ingredient for salvation of our soul. In no time, he told the disciples to observe holy communion in remembrance of him. If the birth is of importance, he would have said likewise. Truely truth is bitter. And, for sure Christ was not born on december even his crucifixion was not on friday. We have had too many false practice in recent years which roman empire had made us to believe.
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 24, 2013
...by the grace of God,i am celebrating xmas big time.Mr.kumuyi can impose his fake and untested opinion on his household...merry xmas and happy holiday...
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Abbey2sam(m): 3:47pm On Dec 24, 2013
Without any intention to disrespect the man of God, I will say this, pastor Kumuyi doesn't know what's he's saying and I disagree with him.

Before he was born people have been celebrating Christmas, before he claimed that he was called by God,people have been celebrating christmas and it will continue after he's gone.

What you do on that day is between you and your God but what I know is that their are people that will celebrate christ genuinely on that day and becuz christ is love that day is also a day to share and love.
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by emmahoney(m): 3:49pm On Dec 24, 2013
Wheellz:

DIS IS D DUMBEST REASON IN DIS TREND.PIKIN A DATE TO CELEBRATE CHRIST MST B IN D BIBLE?
HEAR URSLF.
HIS BIRTH WAS MDE KNWN WE PIKD A DATE. JST LYK WE CELEBRATIN OUR BDAY.
WATS BAD IN IT.
U DEEPER LYF MEMBAS R DISGUSTIN.
DNT WATCH TV
DNT WEAR WEDDIN GOWN
U DRESS CDE IS ILL
U JST CNDEMN TINS
READ MEANING INTO TINS DAT R SO OPEN.
U KNW Y WE CELEBERAT IT YET U CONDEM IT
ATTACH MEANIN TO IT OF HW WE REPERESENT DIFFERENTLY.
NA RUM MATE IS DIPER LYF YET HE TEND NT TO CLASH FAITH. I USED TO LYK U GUYS. BT U R WORSE.
is that the only reason u can see in my post? It seems u cannot reason with your neuro cortex!! Was Christmas Celebrated by the Apostles? Are you now telling me that these days Christian leaders including you understand the scripture more than the Apostles? Wake up from your slumber and do the needful. Remember that the righteous in the bible such as Job, Jeremiah cursed the day they were born. Moreover, the pagan set a standard that is not scriptural for you, and you are following it. This is a case of the blind leading you. I'm not telling you to accept the fact. Remember that 1thessalonials 5Vs 21 says " Prove all things and hold fast to what is right" Just support your claim with scripture. Now you can stop ranting and get a life. Peace be unto u, it you desire it.

1 Like

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by DaizyJims(m): 3:49pm On Dec 24, 2013
sapien: Kumuyi is such a hypocrite!
The same Kumuyi who is on facebook? Is Mark Zukerberg, owner of facebook, a christian?
The Same Kumuyi whose church worships on SUN-days(A pagan day)? The same Kumuyi who drives in luxurious cars made by atheists? Let him keep brainwashing his members who can't think outside the box!
See reasoning! na camels and horses the Pastor would be using for transportation abi? Smh for you!
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by simdam500(m): 3:52pm On Dec 24, 2013
xmas will continue.....

if any man be in christ is a new creature, old things have passed away and everything becomes new!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by mrintellectual(m): 3:54pm On Dec 24, 2013
For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son,that whosoever believeth in him should not perish,but have everlasting life.
John 3:16

*Repent from sin
*Believe in Jesus Christ
Celebrating Christmas is not what will save you.Jesus did not preach it,neither did the apostles

"For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink;but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost."
Read Romans 14, and Galatians 4:8-11

Celebrating Jesus eyeryday;
by loving God, and mankind created by God, including my enemies. Eyin nko?
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by akraym(m): 3:55pm On Dec 24, 2013
[size=20pt]PICTURE PLEASE[/size] or it didn't happen

1 Like

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by zicky(m): 4:05pm On Dec 24, 2013
timilehin007: quit being an ignorannt we are talking about Jesus Christ and Xmas here its not necesarry he refer to christian as a whole but the truth still remains Kumuyi sees all christian celebrating Jesus as idol worshippers read what he said again he didn't point to Deeper life he actually directed it to everyone celebrating Jesus on xmas day of which his own members celebrate him o..just imagine if his members can celebrate him why can't the whole world celebrate our lord Jesus Christ..abeg
I was in his church the day
he made dat statement so won't bother myself reading what
was writing on d net. He make d statement on Sunday in his church 2 his members. Shia u went 2 church on Sunday, what did ur pastor/father teach meditate on dat.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

CAC Members Join The Tiktok Challenge (Video) / Smart Phones Are Demonic: A Nairalanders Experience / Unfulfilled Prophecies By Men Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.