Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,155 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi (33051 Views)

I Dear Catholics To Prove Me Wrong On This. / Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted / 2014 Prophecy By W.f. Kumuyi Of Deeper Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Seunl1: 2:10pm On Dec 24, 2013
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by sureteeboy(m): 2:11pm On Dec 24, 2013
hotwax:

So we should not acknowledge Jesus was ever born. Whats your argument here?

Advise us.
Bro, u're compounding this issue. He simply said Christ should be celebrated everyday. And how do you celebrate him? Go out and preach the gospel. Celebrate him in a way you'll be rewarded when you get to heaven. Not unnecessarily holding a party.

2 Likes

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by chi4ik(m): 2:11pm On Dec 24, 2013
sureteeboy: You mean, the way to acknowledge Christ is by celebrating his birth?
yes one of those... In fact, I'm pretty sure that his Members ar Celebrating his Birthday $ Kumuyi himself receives a lot of gifts. Y is he then telling is members not to celebrate our Lord Jesus Christ birthday
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Wheellz(m): 2:11pm On Dec 24, 2013
Lastly,
BC, AD WE KNW WT DY MEAN,DIS WAS ARUND D PERIOD R EITHER B4 R AFTA D DEATH OF CHRIST.
CIRCA A LATIN WRD MEANIN AROUND.
DIS MEANS NO FIXED DATE.
D BIRTH OF CHRIST WAS JOY TO D WRLD.
D BIBLE CARRIES D STRY OF HIS BIRTH BT NO FIXD DATE.
D DECEMBA(LST MNTH OF D YR) WAS USED IN MEMORY OF D SEASON ND 25TH MARKED IN MEMORY OF D DAY HE WAS BRN. DIS IS ACCEPTED WRLD WIDE.FRM HIS BIRTH TO HIS DEATH WE KNW BT DYS R KPT TO MRK DEM ALL. WE LIV IN D MIX, BT V TYMS TO CELEBRATE DEM SPECIALLY.
D WRLD IS HAPPY A SAVIOUR IS BORN, D CHILDREN HAPPY 4 CHRIST BIRTH EACHTYM DY HEAR D STORY.
ITS JOY TO D WRLD DAT OUR SAVIUOR IS BRN.
WAT D HELL IS IDOLTRS ND UNSCRIPTURAL IN DAT?
HAPPY XMASS IN ADVANCE,* about to taste d chicken 4 salt* cm and join me nairalandas
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by hotwax: 2:12pm On Dec 24, 2013
koboko69:

Wow! Y are u twisting things. It is clearly written in the bible christ was born. We are not in any way commanded in the bible to celeberate is birth at a specific date. The feast of the passover was commanded in the bible. The holy communion was commanded in the bible...with no specific dates...we were just told do this as often as possible. The message once again is celeberate christ everyday!

It means we should not observe Easter too. No date record for Easter. Whats your take on that ?
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Nobody: 2:14pm On Dec 24, 2013
Deeper life, na deir way be dat.......
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by koboko69: 2:15pm On Dec 24, 2013
hotwax: However, this argument cant change anything. Xmas is the world largest festival being celebrated by close to 3 billion people.

How many are deeper life? Kumuyi is just ranting locally. Americans, Spaniards, Europians..people all over the world are celebrating massively.

Deeper life cant spoil the show. They are too small. They are not bigger than Jesus.

He wasnt imposing his doctrine on the world in the 1st place....he only preached the world. Like the bible says...let him that has ears let him ear. Its not by force to follow is doctrine....u dont have to insult a man of God for that...he was only preaching to people like u that thr truth itches thier ears.

1 Like

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by koboko69: 2:16pm On Dec 24, 2013
hotwax:

It means we should not observe Easter too. No date record for Easter. Whats your take on that ?

Sir there is no specific date for easter. Can u google ow easter dates are arrived at?
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by DonaldGenes(m): 2:17pm On Dec 24, 2013
All these church-mind fight and Nairaland E-fight don tire me,
Real men don't do that sh!t,They set a Date and settle 'emselves witha clench fist" haba!
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by healthenquire: 2:17pm On Dec 24, 2013
HELP ME TELL DEM O - IF PEOPLE WANT TO TALK SEF NO BE CATHOLICS
Garri the 1st: Catholics worship Images of Mary, Jesus and other so-called saints. No difference between them and Pagans....

sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by dejohnson: 2:18pm On Dec 24, 2013
I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year. ~Charles Dickens
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by chibikeval: 2:19pm On Dec 24, 2013
Garri the 1st: Catholics worship Images of Mary, Jesus and other so-called saints. No difference between them and Pagans....

sad sad sad sad sad sad
who's talking abt catholics nw Nd sm 'f..ls' re lyking ur post...shm!!!
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by healthenquire: 2:21pm On Dec 24, 2013
KUMUYI HAS NEVER celebrated his birthday, i know
chi4ik: yes one of those... In fact, I'm pretty sure that his Members ar Celebrating his Birthday $ Kumuyi himself receives a lot of gifts. Y is he then telling is members not to celebrate our Lord Jesus Christ birthday

2 Likes

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by hotwax: 2:23pm On Dec 24, 2013
koboko69:

Sir there is no specific date for easter. Can u google ow easter dates are arrived at?

Sir, I have done that and I saw logic in the way they picked the date. It is not different from xmas as such.

Now, do us a favor and google how chrismas date was chosen. Its clear we are heading towards the same direction.

http://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/daily/biblical-topics/new-testament/how-december-25-became-christmas/

1 Like

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by eluquenson(m): 2:24pm On Dec 24, 2013
Confusion undecided

1 Like

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by rapcy(m): 2:28pm On Dec 24, 2013
What is diz 1 saying lipsrsealed
hotwax:

What is wrong with these religion lunaticos. The chosen ones.

Catholic is the only church that is impacting on lives all over the world. They have schools, humanitarian agencies all over the world.

I am not a catholic and wont be a catholic due to a personal reason.

But they are the real definition of what church should be.

Other churches, I dont want to mention names. They are rearing sheeps for tithe and offerings. no more no else.

Just for private jet, pastors armed robber salarys.

Catholic pope disguised and help people, help the poor.

Pastor Adeoboye goes about with heavily armed body guards.

You can see the difference. Yet some fools will start pointing fingers at other churches.

Your church wont save you, but your closeness to God.

Bunch of hypocrites
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by koboko69: 2:28pm On Dec 24, 2013
hotwax:

Sir, I have done that and I saw logic in the way they picked the date. It is not different from xmas as such.

Now, do us a favor and google how chrismas date was chosen. Its clear we are heading towards the same direction.

http://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/daily/biblical-topics/new-testament/how-december-25-became-christmas/

Plz read that post well. Im sure u will understand. Read what is said about xmas....and read what is said about easter. Remeber i posted about the last supper?
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by SunnyD77: 2:32pm On Dec 24, 2013
sapien: Kumuyi is such a hypocrite!
The same Kumuyi who is on facebook? Is Mark Zukerberg, owner of facebook, a christian?
The Same Kumuyi whose church worships on SUN-days(A pagan day)? The same Kumuyi who drives in luxurious cars made by atheists? Let him keep brainwashing his members who can't think outside the box!

Bro, Facebook is just a website where people express themselves. Kumuyi has used it to reach millions of soul who by the garce of God are now born again and fit to make Heaven in the event of death or the rapture, provided they don't compromise. Also, Christ resurrected on a Sunday. What do you have to say about that? As a matter of fact, worship to every believer should be a more of a lifestyle than an event.

Finally Bro, learn to speak respectfully about Men of God. You're not in the position to judge them. DON'T play God. David's wife looked down on him after he danced before the Lord (2 Samuel 6:14) and she payed dearly for it (2 Samuel 6:20-23).

A word is enough for the wise. Be wise Bro.

God Bless You.

4 Likes

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by thenetizen(m): 2:35pm On Dec 24, 2013
checkdate: ok
no be small...
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by noblementor: 2:35pm On Dec 24, 2013
CODE-EATER:
Its not fair...its not fair at all!!!. cry

Why does the world hate Catholics.. If u don't know before all these churches sprouted up,there was only one church, The global roman catholic church, founded after our Savior Jesus Christ had gone back to his father by the apostles and other followrs... The one true church of God only started breaking up when different people started interpreting the bible diffrntly n disagreeing with the already established doctrines of the church... We have different kinds of bibles today because those who broke away took the original piece n modified it to what de wnt.... Nw d world hates us cry

The world hate Catholics because the world fear and hate what they do not understand. God loves Roman Catholic. "Fidei in Dei amore."

1 Like

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Elnino4ladies: 2:37pm On Dec 24, 2013
Lyk seriously...wht am xpectin 4rm u guys is 2 tell us d xact portion of d bible dt instructed christians 2 celebrate xmas nd whrer it is written dt jesus ws borned on december 25th...backups ur point biblically ns stop castigatin d man 4 sayin d obvious truth..d celebration of xmas is of pagan origin..simple!
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by seunlayi(m): 2:39pm On Dec 24, 2013
[size=20pt]WHY IS IT THAT DESPITE ALL THE HEART TOUCHING MESSAGE PASTOR KUMUYI PREACHED LAST SATURDAY AFTERNOON IT IS THE ISSUE OF XMAS THAT PEOPLE ARE BRAGGING SPECIALLY IN A MESSAGE THAT WAS DIRECTED TO CHURCH MEMBERS AND WORKERS TO SIT TIGHT AND NOT LOSE FOCUS[/size]

2 Likes

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by dahmie2013: 2:40pm On Dec 24, 2013
Please tell him! Christmas is good, we will celebrate d birth of our Lord Jesus Christ! Haters can go&hug transformer!

1 Like

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Wheellz(m): 2:43pm On Dec 24, 2013
healthenquire: HELP ME TELL DEM O - IF PEOPLE WANT TO TALK SEF NO BE CATHOLICS

we r typing oh!
Na u knw wu u dy talk to
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Nobody: 2:45pm On Dec 24, 2013
All these Christmas or no Christmas talk is becoming a cliché. If the Bible says you should celebrate it, do it. If the Bible didn't mention it, two things are involved:

It's either because it's not important coz only the important things are written in the Bible or because God hates it (therefore didn't mention it at all).

If it's not important, you're not safe. If God hates it, two things are involved.

It's either 'coz it's a period most people exhibit their wildness or 'coz it's paganic like some would say. . . . . . . . .[*some text missing*]

Children are unjustly lied to that gifts are brought by Santa Claus, or St. Nicholas, Father Christmas, e.t.c. Ofcourse, none of these stories are true. Now tell me, does the telling of such stories build in children a respect for truth, and does such practice honour Jesus Christ, who taught that God must be worshiped with truth? - John 4 v 23, 24.

All of you claming it's no longer paganic. . .have you ever meditated on 2 Corinthians 6 v 14-18?

Compare Exodus 32 v 4-10. Notice the Israelites adopted an Egyptian festival but renamed & recustomised and dedicated it to God. But God severly punished them. Should this not be a lesson to Christians?

Battery low. GAsT to go.

1 Like

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Wheellz(m): 2:48pm On Dec 24, 2013
Elnino4ladies: Lyk seriously...wht am xpectin 4rm u guys is 2 tell us d xact portion of d bible dt instructed christians 2 celebrate xmas nd whrer it is written dt jesus ws borned on december 25th...backups ur point biblically ns stop castigatin d man 4 sayin d obvious truth..d celebration of xmas is of pagan origin..simple!

wia did d bible sy we shld eat 3 tyms daily, r brush ur mth b4 eatin?
Pagan origin mmm u tell me wia u go dceive urslf?

1 Like

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by prince088: 2:48pm On Dec 24, 2013
Brother hotwax dont run ooo. Come and finish with koboko. I was enjoying the arguments...very matured of u guys...at least no bashing. Koboko u tried...im somewhat convinced...but i will still jaiye tmr ooo. Even that link hotwax posted just helped u instead of nailing you. Lol.
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by chuks8660(m): 2:50pm On Dec 24, 2013
But is there any place in the bible where Jesus Christ told us to Celebrate his Birth or Christmas?
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Elnino4ladies: 2:53pm On Dec 24, 2013
Wheellz:
wia did d bible sy we shld eat 3 tyms daily, r brush ur mth b4 eatin?
Pagan origin mmm u tell me wia u go dceive urslf?
..niggah stop spewin shits..dis ar basics necesity of life..xmas is of pagan origin simple as dt..
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Wheellz(m): 2:55pm On Dec 24, 2013
SABBATH DAY NW 1ST DAY OF D MNTH. YET U GO TO CHURCH N SUNDAYS Y NT CNDEMN DAT TOO LYK XMASS.
HW DID XMASS STP D WORSHIP OF GOD WEN WE CELEBRATE D CMIN OF HIS son ND TANK HIM IN D PROCESS 4 BRINGIN JESUS TO D WORLD.
U R D PRBLEM NT D XMASS DAT CATHOLICS ND ODA CHURCHES CELEBERATE.
D BEEF HIA IS N IT BETA STP.
IF IT DSNT I WNT STP.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Don't Distract Me With Partisan Politics - Pastor E.A Adeboye / Virginity Vs Character / Smart Phones Are Demonic: A Nairalanders Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.