Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi (33047 Views)

I Dear Catholics To Prove Me Wrong On This. / Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted / 2014 Prophecy By W.f. Kumuyi Of Deeper Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by maxtamazin: 12:47pm On Dec 24, 2013
Garri the 1st: Catholics worship Images of Mary, Jesus and other so-called saints. No difference between them and Pagans....

sad sad sad sad sad sad

Do u really need to comment? seriously, u dont have to comment to every single topic. Catholicism is beyond ur grasp, due us a favour and go to the romance section.

2 Likes

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by vislabraye(m): 12:47pm On Dec 24, 2013
This is the season of letters !! Let it continue.
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Nobody: 12:48pm On Dec 24, 2013
Garri the 1st: Catholics worship Images of Mary, Jesus and other so-called saints. No difference between them and Pagans....

sad sad sad sad sad sad
u sha need attention. Smh

1 Like

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by chi4ik(m): 12:48pm On Dec 24, 2013

sad sad sad sad sad sad
I can see U ar building ur mansion in hell fire. Hypocrite........

2 Likes

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by matoyeh(m): 12:49pm On Dec 24, 2013
glimpse: time to be an observer
thats just the truth... If you are not observant, you will end up to be foolishhhhhh.

1 Like

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by lordkpakpando: 12:51pm On Dec 24, 2013
every day, church argument, ranging from linda, adeboye, oyedepo, xmas, catholic, jehovah witness, etc etc, why don't christians ask for direction from God, instead of arguing unecessarily.

2 Likes

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Nobody: 12:51pm On Dec 24, 2013
Even me FA must celebrate.
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by badmeat(m): 12:52pm On Dec 24, 2013
jossy_1luv: Is this the new trend in nigeria? Letter writing kiss
those eyes are making me weak slowly!smiley
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by matoyeh(m): 12:52pm On Dec 24, 2013
sapien: Kumuyi is such a hypocrite!
The same Kumuyi who is on facebook? Is Mark Zukerberg, owner of facebook, a christian?
The Same Kumuyi whose church worships on SUN-days(A pagan day)? The same Kumuyi who drives in luxurious cars made by atheists? Let him keep brainwashing his members who can't think outside the box!
God bless you!!! Kai, i am just imagining how God will query some of these leaders

2 Likes

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by hotwax: 12:54pm On Dec 24, 2013
Why are so many hidden post? my comment is:

The Romans converted one of their popular Pagan festival to xmas. They abolish this festival and renamed it to xmas.

They converted to Christians and changed their festival to christian festival.

I dont know why this is so difficult for saint kumuyi to understand. We dont celebrate the pagan festival but xmas.

WHats is bad in changing your old pagan festival to christian?

9 Likes

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by emmasege: 12:54pm On Dec 24, 2013
Keep bombarding yourselves, the two extremes of the Christian faith.
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by dilim247: 12:57pm On Dec 24, 2013
cryNa letter writing dey rain nw! Mk I go write my own, bt na who I go write to na?
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by PaulSteve: 12:58pm On Dec 24, 2013
Answer to Pastor Kumuyi's Message about celebrating christmas:

Luke 2:9-20
9 And behold,[a] an angel of the Lord stood before them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were greatly afraid. 10 Then the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people. 11 For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. 12 And this will be the sign to you: You will find a Babe wrapped in swaddling cloths, lying in a manger.”

13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying:

14 “Glory to God in the highest,
And on earth peace, goodwill toward men!”[b]
15 So it was, when the angels had gone away from them into heaven, that the shepherds said to one another, “Let us now go to Bethlehem and see this thing that has come to pass, which the Lord has made known to us.” 16 And they came with haste and found Mary and Joseph, and the Babe lying in a manger. 17 Now when they had seen Him, they made widely[c] known the saying which was told them concerning this Child. 18 And all those who heard it marveled at those things which were told them by the shepherds.

5 Likes

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by zicky(m): 12:59pm On Dec 24, 2013
Mind u kumuyi was only speaking to members of his church, he was not speaking to Christians in Nigeria, so if you are not a member of his church I don't see the reason why dis should b your problem. Every church has der doctrine, so stick to what you believe.
The man stands for what he believe, what do you stand for?

16 Likes

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Danhumprey: 1:00pm On Dec 24, 2013

sad sad sad sad sad sad
You're on point,jare!

1 Like

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:00pm On Dec 24, 2013
THE GODS BE PRAISED!

OPEN DECLARATION OF PAGANISM! grin

BUT WHY CANT NIGERIAN CATHOLICS WORSHIP OUR NATIVE GODS?!

WHY WORSHIP THESE FOREIGN GODS?

2 Likes

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by haibe(m): 1:02pm On Dec 24, 2013
sapien: Kumuyi is such a hypocrite!
The same Kumuyi who is on facebook? Is Mark Zukerberg, owner of facebook, a christian?
The Same Kumuyi whose church worships on SUN-days(A pagan day)? The same Kumuyi who drives in luxurious cars made by atheists? Let him keep brainwashing his members who can't think outside the box!

dull!!!

So you think pastor kumuyi is the one that posts those status on Facebook? you must be a joker.

4 Likes

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Wheellz(m): 1:02pm On Dec 24, 2013

sad sad sad sad sad sad
WHEN U TALK U REASON
DO RESEARCH TO BAK UP UR FACTS
DIS IS SO LAME.
1ST
MARY IS VIRTUOS WOMAN A MODEL FOR FEMALE FOLKS.
SHE WAS CHOSEN AS D MODA OF CHRIST. D CATHOLICS HONOUR HA JST LYK WE HONOUR OUR MODA. SHE ISNT WORSHIPPED.
D SAINTS IN D CATHOLIC CHURCH.
R HUMANS OF BAKGROUNDS RICH ND POOR.
DEY LIVED A LYF TO DTAIL OF CHRIST.
DY DIED LIVIN HIS FAITH TO DIA DETRIMENT DY SUFFERED SM WIA MONKS WU SUFFERED 4 D SINS OF D WORLD VISIT A MONASTERY. IN DIA MEMORY ND GUD DEEDS D CATHOLICS PUT DIS AS A LYF WE MUST LEARN TO FOLO. WE PRY IN D NAME OF GOD WE WORSHIP GOD.
WE HONOUR D MODA OF CHRIST. ND PRACTISE CHRISTS LYF ND LEARN FRM D SAINTS. DY R ACKNOWLEGED IN OUR LYF.
D WRLD KIPS DOUBTIN.
I DNT CRE.
WE TEND TO WIN HEAVEN WE R CHRISTIANS DO UR RSEARCH.D TIN IS DAT WE R HUMANS WIT DOUBT U CALL D CTHOLICS PAGANS.
PRACTISE UR DOCTRINE ND LEARN TO LV ODA CHURCHES D DEVIL WLD LABOUR IN VAIN. KNWLDGE IS LYK ONYX.
U V TO DIG DIP.

3 Likes

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by hardeyincah(m): 1:04pm On Dec 24, 2013
ignis: Must every letter be replied?
must every letter be written?

1 Like

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:06pm On Dec 24, 2013
hotwax: Why are so many hidden post? my comment is:

The Romans converted one of their popular Pagan festival to xmas. They abolish this festival and renamed it to xmas.

They converted to Christians and changed their festival to christian festival.

I dont know why this is so difficult for saint kumuyi to understand. We dont celebrate the pagan festival but xmas.

WHats is bad in changing your old pagan festival to christian?

What is bad about worshiping or celebrating a Pagan Festival?

Answer me.
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by hotwax: 1:09pm On Dec 24, 2013
Wheellz:
WHEN U TALK U REASON
DIS IS SO LAME.
1ST
SHE WAS CHOSEN AS D MODA OF CHRIST. D CATHOLICS HONOUR HA JST LYK WE HONOUR OUR MODA. SHE ISNT WORSHIPPED.
DY DIED LIVIN HIS FAITH TO DIA DETRIMENT DY SUFFERED SM WIA MONKS WU SUFFERED 4 D SINS OF D WORLD VISIT A MONASTERY. IN DIA MEMORY ND GUD DEEDS D CATHOLICS PUT DIS AS A LYF WE MUST LEARN TO FOLO. WE PRY IN D NAME OF GOD WE WORSHIP GOD.
WE HONOUR D MODA OF CHRIST. ND PRACTISE CHRISTS LYF ND LEARN FRM D SAINTS. DY R ACKNOWLEGED IN OUR LYF.
D WRLD KIPS DOUBTIN.
I DNT CRE.
WE TEND TO WIN HEAVEN WE R CHRISTIANS DO UR RSEARCH.D TIN IS DAT WE R HUMANS WIT DOUBT U CALL D CTHOLICS PAGANS.
PRACTISE UR DOCTRINE ND LEARN TO LV ODA CHURCHES D DEVIL WLD LABOUR IN VAIN. KNWLDGE IS LYK ONYX.
U V TO DIG DIP.

What is wrong with these religion lunaticos. The chosen ones.

Catholic is the only church that is impacting on lives all over the world. They have schools, humanitarian agencies all over the world.

I am not a catholic and wont be a catholic due to a personal reason.

But they are the real definition of what church should be.

Other churches, I dont want to mention names. They are rearing sheeps for tithe and offerings. no more no else.

Just for private jet, pastors armed robber salarys.

Catholic pope disguised and help people, help the poor.

Pastor Adeoboye goes about with heavily armed body guards.

You can see the difference. Yet some fools will start pointing fingers at other churches.

Your church wont save you, but your closeness to God.

Bunch of hypocrites

7 Likes

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by CODEEATER(m): 1:10pm On Dec 24, 2013
Its not fair...its not fair at all!!!. cry

Why does the world hate Catholics.. If u don't know before all these churches sprouted up,there was only one church, The global roman catholic church, founded after our Savior Jesus Christ had gone back to his father by the apostles and other followrs... The one true church of God only started breaking up when different people started interpreting the bible diffrntly n disagreeing with the already established doctrines of the church... We have different kinds of bibles today because those who broke away took the original piece n modified it to what de wnt.... Nw d world hates us cry

3 Likes

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by hardeyincah(m): 1:10pm On Dec 24, 2013
zicky: Mind u kumuyi was only speaking to members of his church, he was not speaking to Christians in Nigeria, so if you are not a member of his church I don't see the reason why dis should b your problem. Every church has der doctrine, so stick to what you believe.
The man stands for what he believe, what do you stand for?
u are silly, go and read d stuff again.. he called o oda christians to ignore d celebration...

DUMB

3 Likes

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Mintayo(m): 1:10pm On Dec 24, 2013
We don't celebrte christmas,we celebrate Jesus...the saviour of the World.

4 Likes

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by hotwax: 1:12pm On Dec 24, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

What is bad about worshiping or celebrating a Pagan Festival?

Answer me.

It is bad for me to celebrate Sango because its against my believe.

Sango is my family heritage, however, I have converted to christianity, therefore, I changed Sango day to praise and worship day.

Anything bad in me changing sango day to praise and worship day ?

3 Likes

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by omobabalegba: 1:12pm On Dec 24, 2013
Wheellz:
WHEN U TALK U REASON
DIS IS SO LAME.
1ST
D WRLD KIPS DOUBTIN.
I DNT CRE.
U V TO DIG DIP.

Cant you write simple understandable English? Are you being charged for writing words in full?

3 Likes

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by GJames(m): 1:14pm On Dec 24, 2013
I love christmas, my church allows it, but to be truthful, i and 90% christmas celebrants don't celebrate it for the reason it was made.

1 Like

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by sureteeboy(m): 1:14pm On Dec 24, 2013
But Pastor Kumuyi was adressing the congregation, not the catholics, He never said this to a media website. He simply said this to the church members. so, why are the catholics replying.

5 Likes

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:16pm On Dec 24, 2013
hotwax:

It is bad for me to celebrate Sango because its against my believe.

Sango is my family heritage, however, I have converted to christianity, therefore, I changed Sango day to praise and worship day.

Anything bad in me changing sango day to praise and worship day ?

why have you converted to christianity?

Why are you betraying the beliefs of your tribe and ancestors.

Do you know that conversion is not recognized in Traditional Religion?

So if you are a Yoruba man, then you are a Shango man, whether you like it or not.

Anything bad?

Yes. Before you used to worship Gods. Now you worship jewish men.

You have converted to the religion of those who tortured, enslaved, r.aped and massacred your fellow tribesmen.

As a Yoruba man, you should know better. Many slaves were Yorubas.
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by hotwax: 1:18pm On Dec 24, 2013
sureteeboy: But Pastor Kumuyi was adressing the congregation, not the catholics, He never said this to a media website. He simply said this to the church members. so, why are the catholics replying.

WHy cant he face his church and leave catholic out of it? Must he attacked anybody. If he is allergic to xmas, not all his congregation hate xmas.

I have many deeper life friends that are crazy for xmas.
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by hotwax: 1:18pm On Dec 24, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

why have you converted to christianity?

Why are you betraying the beliefs of your tribe and ancestors.

Do you know that conversion is not recognized in Traditional Religion?

So if you are a Yoruba man, then you are a Shango man, whether you like it or not.

Anything bad?

Yes. Before you used to worship Gods. Now you worship jewish men.

You have converted to the religion of those who tortured, enslaved, r.aped and massacred your fellow tribesmen.

As a Yoruba man, you should know better. Many slaves were Yorubas.

One statement:

Jehovah=God=Olodumare. It is called Language. Shey ogbo ?
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Btruth: 1:19pm On Dec 24, 2013
As for me & my household, we celebrate Christ birth (Xmas), as much as we celebrate his death & resurrection (Easter).

Infact, I celebrate Christ Jesus everyday. If Pastor Kumuyi & his followers does not celebrate him, that is their own palaver.

Merry Xmas nairalanders!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

CAC Members Join The Tiktok Challenge (Video) / Smart Phones Are Demonic: A Nairalanders Experience / Unfulfilled Prophecies By Men Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.