Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,730 members, 7,809,803 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:13 PM

Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) - Fashion (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) (858376 Views)

Run Way Photos From Valisimo Fashion Show.Enjoy / Lagos Party...........get Inspration On Styles To Sew.......(valisimo Fashions) / Fashion School Practicals......enjoy The Pics (from Valisimo Fashion School) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Kemmy06(f): 3:57pm On Oct 10, 2014
pls can u tell how u measure ur dress especially the bust side, how did u cut the pieces thanks expecting ur reply cheers.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Kemmy06(f): 4:11pm On Oct 10, 2014
pls i want to ask how many inch from waist to hip to measure?
or how i determine my waist to hip?thanks
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Kemmy06(f): 4:27pm On Oct 10, 2014
hello tumise,how are u doing?

2 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Kemmy06(f): 4:57pm On Oct 10, 2014
EFOSAVAL:
Only fast people would get it.its actually still on ground because some people said I should keep it for them but they did not turn up to come and get it. angry I have just 2copies left.so if u interested its urs for just 6k.pls like I have said many times its not my book o.I dey help person sell am so biko don't come and price it from me as I have no power over the cost wink

And to those that have got it.hope u reading it. grin I might do a group book review on it soon.let's see how things go thou.wink
pls do u still ve the book for beginners?
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by winie(f): 9:19am On Oct 11, 2014
Kemmy06:
pls i want to ask how many inch from waist to hip to measure?
or how i determine my waist to hip?thanks
you are giving me credit for someone else's work, mine refuse too upload angry. As for ur question, u just have to use ur measuring tape, I think ur waist is where ur navel is, but u knw ur body better than anyone else. The measurement between the waist and hip depends on how short or longer u want ur blouse to be. For this style I prefer 18" from shoulder down, and my blouse length is 23", but it depends on individual size.

PS: please dearies, I still need help on how to post the pix of my work. Made two skirts, but will some start on my cowl neck blouse.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Nobody: 10:38am On Oct 12, 2014
Following
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 11:08am On Oct 12, 2014
kendraloops:
Efosaval, please answer this question for me. Can someone who is not creative learn fashion designing? I had this argument with someone. i wanna know cos fashion designing goes beyond joining pieces together. When you read interviews, they all talk abt being creative n all that. Your answer will go a long way, thanks!

The answer is yes......... grin surprised?

Let me explain.the process of learning fashion designing is very basic any one can do it undecided really.but to be a commercial fashion designer one MUST be very creative.there are many extremely good designers out there that if there is nothing special about the way you sew your clients will just move on to the next designer.

ok let's look at it from another angle.its no news that most big names in the fashion industry the CEOs of those fashion houses actually don't seat on the sewing machine to sew the outfits themselves, instead they employ qualified tailors who do the actual job while they direct the process.
Now when that CEO employs a tailor without creativity chai cry in fact the job will be very difficult for the two of them (na so so talk talk you go dey hear every daylipsrsealed oga go dey vex every time angry grin )
But they will manage somehow only the process will be slow.
That's why before well established fashion house recruit new staffs they must pass though series of test before they are finally employed.they are given fabrics to create some thing that will woa shocked the boss if it's good they are in. If it's bad well grin
Some fashion houses will not even take a students that just graduated. While some will not take any one not having at least 5 years work experience from another reputable fashion house.

so where anyone can become a tailor only a creative mind can move to the rank of an amazing designer wink

9 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 11:17am On Oct 12, 2014
Godmother:
Hi Efosa, I need a little help. I dunno if this topic has been treated before the nairaland tsunami cos I started following this thread a little late. My question is, when sewing trousers how many inches do you make the flap( dunno if that's what its called). I mean the distance from the waist to the crotch region. I just made a trouser and I made mine 12 inches but it turned out to be a lil small.

Depends on the measurement of the person. You can get the measurement on the side. From your waist measure down to the part where your bottom ends.thats where your crouch depth is.if I get image of it I will post it.so take the measurement again and let's see how it goes.there is no standard measurement every body has a measurement wink

1 Share

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Godmother(f): 1:24pm On Oct 12, 2014
EFOSAVAL:

Depends on the measurement of the person. You can get the measurement on the side. From your waist measure down to the part where your bottom ends.thats where your crouch depth is.if I get image of it I will post it.so take the measurement again and let's see how it goes.there is no standard measurement every body has a measurement wink

Ok , tanx a lot for this. I really appreciate it
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 2:53pm On Oct 12, 2014
Kemmy06:
pls do u still ve the book for beginners?

Presently the book is out of stock. When ever we have it again I will let you all know.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 5:19pm On Oct 12, 2014
Back to the project

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 5:24pm On Oct 12, 2014
After all the pieces are joined this is what I got on mine

Will post it with sleeve soonwink

1 Share

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 6:44am On Oct 13, 2014
So last week we started our bb channel C002416AE you also can join the discussion there.we will learn so much from it I know.

Pls note that you have to have an android phone to be able to use this app.

see you there then ........C002416AE.

Have a blessed week people

2 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Kemmy06(f): 1:17pm On Oct 13, 2014
I try to add u on my BBM counld not maybe the pin is not correct.
EFOSAVAL:
So last week we started our bb channel C002416AE you also can join the discussion there.we will learn so much from it I know.

Pls note that you have to have an android phone to be able to use this app.

see you there then ........C002416AE.

Have a blessed week people

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Kemmy06(f): 2:34pm On Oct 13, 2014
thanks.
winie:
you are giving me credit for someone else's work, mine refuse too upload angry. As for ur question, u just have to use ur measuring tape, I think ur waist is where ur navel is, but u knw ur body better than anyone else. The measurement between the waist and hip depends on how short or longer u want ur blouse to be. For this style I prefer 18" from shoulder down, and my blouse length is 23", but it depends on individual size.

PS: please dearies, I still need help on how to post the pix of my work. Made two skirts, but will some start on my cowl neck blouse.

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Diijah: 12:59am On Oct 14, 2014
My roommate told me about this and I absolutely love her for that because this has been really helpful. I have a sewing machine but I have to wait till I'm home before I start to practice all this but I'm taking notes
@kemmy06 about adding the BBM channel you can't add it like a regular bb pin. Lol I had to go on google to actually find out out to do it. What to do is.. I suck at explaining this so I'll just post the link that helped me know how to add it.

http://androidnigeria.com.ng/how-to-add-bbm-channels-on-bbm-for-android/

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by winie(f): 5:22pm On Oct 14, 2014
Does it mean I can't access it with blackberry?

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by olapam(f): 10:43pm On Oct 14, 2014
Winnie you can I hev blackberry too and I just clicked that pin and it wil tel u wat to do . I hev other channels too that I added it was easy

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 7:40am On Oct 15, 2014
Lol thanks to all that have joined the channel.i got so many subscribers now.and yes the digits are correct C002416AE if you can't access it it simply means your phone is not compatible with this application.

Thanks to Diijah for posting the bb channel process.that was so thoughtful wink

Now here is my top with the sleeve. Was on set yesterday for a movie to costume the actors and actresses among which were this handsome gentle man Frederick Leonard.the beautiful juliet Ibrahim from Ghana and the supper hot Nkiru Umeh.
And guess what they liked my top wink little did they know that it was from our sew for fun project. Hummmm this top me got 3 orders there.they want it just like this, cord lace and cotton peplum .i also did a short interview with jara and it was cool.hope you have finished yours too

2 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 8:01am On Oct 15, 2014
Remember this project then....
She rocked it to the set yesterday and I was so happy to see that it was a perfect fit on her grin

3 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by chinamims(f): 8:05am On Oct 15, 2014
EFOSAVAL:
Lol thanks to all that have joined the channel.i got so many subscribers now.and yes the digits are correct C002416AE if you can't access it it simply means your phone is not compatible with this application.

Thanks to Diijah for posting the bb channel process.that was so thoughtful wink

Now here is my top with the sleeve. Was on set yesterday for a movie to costume the actors and actresses among which were this handsome gentle man Frederick Leonard.the beautiful juliet Ibrahim from Ghana and the supper hot Nkiru Umeh.
And guess what they liked my top wink little did they know that it was from our sew for fun project. Hummmm this top me got 3 orders there.they want it just like this, cord lace and cotton peplum .i also did a short interview with jara and it was cool.hope you have finished yours too
I subscribed to ur channel also. What do I get in return? Lol. Me I wanna make oleku for myself, I inspired by wat my eyes is seeing here. Thanks dear
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 1:27pm On Oct 15, 2014
Lol grin you welcome.

This is one of the things that was keeping me busy over the last few weeks. juliet Ibrahim looking fabulous in this lilac number from Valisimo. when we got this job to style her, I first went online to search for all her pictures to see the colours she hasn't been seen on and lucky I settled for lilac coz I wanted her to look warm and sweet.plus my selection of fabric was also inspired by her personality.she deserves fabrics that are of high quality and not common. From the looks of things we nailed it. grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 8:39am On Oct 16, 2014
Naija celebrities. Frederick Leonard and Nkiru umeh. wink see more pictures go to our instagram page www.instagram.com/valisimofashions

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Nobody: 9:50am On Oct 16, 2014
Lace fabrics, chiffon, silk available for Ur projects price from 500 per yard...add me on BlackBerry for more pix on 24C64560 or WhatsApp 08122632245.

Also available is Ankara fabrics in 2yards patches, 4yrds or 6yrds.

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by winie(f): 5:15pm On Oct 16, 2014
olapam:
Winnie you can I hev blackberry too and I just clicked that pin and it wil tel u wat to do . I hev other channels too that I added it was easy
. Olapam thanks a mill. @ Efosaval, wow! I so lov the outfit on you. Still struggling with my cowl neck tops. I shall catch. Jeje does it. grin
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 2:29am On Oct 17, 2014
winie:
. Olapam thanks a mill. @ Efosaval, wow! I so lov the outfit on you. Still struggling with my cowl neck tops. I shall catch. Jeje does it. grin

Cool. grin

People I am hoping to see more of your peplum tops o. So we can start something knew

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by aterigirl: 10:59am On Oct 17, 2014
hello! i'm in. waiting patiently fir d next project. i have a china phone. cant seem to upload nothing.
congratulations moderator! on ur various successes! one love!
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Nobody: 10:14pm On Oct 17, 2014
Nice thread.
I really want to learn fashion design. @Madam Efosaval, do you still admit people?
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Aloli(f): 11:47am On Oct 18, 2014
wow!! congrats to u... much more heights in Jesus name
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 2:35pm On Oct 18, 2014
sparkymummy:
Nice thread.
I really want to learn fashion design. @Madam Efosaval, do you still admit people?

Thanks to all grin

Yes addition is always on.your class starts as you come
We give you our curriculum and follow you up on it
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Nobody: 4:09pm On Oct 18, 2014
EFOSAVAL:

Thanks to all grin

Yes addition is always on.your class starts as you come
We give you our curriculum and follow you up on it

How do I contact you
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by helen4(f): 8:29pm On Oct 18, 2014
@efosaval. Pls sister mi. How do i go about my six pieces skirt without spoiling the stuff. Pleeeeeeeeeeease

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (74) (Reply)

Pictures Of Various Ankara/kente Styles / Best Skin Lightening/toning Soap / ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.