Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,364 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) - Fashion (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) (859072 Views)

Run Way Photos From Valisimo Fashion Show.Enjoy / Lagos Party...........get Inspration On Styles To Sew.......(valisimo Fashions) / Fashion School Practicals......enjoy The Pics (from Valisimo Fashion School) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Blessedmum(f): 4:32pm On Nov 01, 2014
Thanks Efosa.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Kickair(f): 6:49pm On Nov 01, 2014
Please can you explain how to but the cowl neck again... Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by sezie(f): 7:27pm On Nov 01, 2014
Thanks Efosa for this tutorial...itz een really helpful and may God continue to bless u. Plz can u explain d cowl neck again. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 9:48pm On Nov 01, 2014
EFOSAVAL:
Now the division part of my skirt

There is a simple rule here.....the biggest part of the measurement is the most important out of all.let's divide first, I will explain what I mean later.

I only need to divide all that is measured round the body not the length.. They are the waist and hip as well as the total yards am using which forms the circumference area.

Waist 37÷6 =6.1
Hip. 44÷6 =7.3
Circumference 144 ÷6=24.

Now remember what I said about the biggest part being the most important.... Its because out of the biggest measurement you can get the smaller ones

Here the biggest part is the 24. This means each panel will be 24 and I can get my waist 6.1 and my hip 7.3 with seam allowance for these parts out of the 24.

For the front block I need just 3 panel of 24.For the back block I also need just 3 panels but the middle panel at the back will be divided into two for the zip.

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by goldentemmy(f): 2:20pm On Nov 02, 2014
[quote author=nobledeals post=27451451]well done ma, please where will one stop in measuring the half lenght [/quote its frm waist to kneetop and if u lyk u might deduct depending on wia u want the flair to come out from
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by adwabs: 3:56pm On Nov 02, 2014
Pls what about those who prefer rope to zip?
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Patajun: 8:43pm On Nov 02, 2014
For those who need rope, I guess you need only 6 panels and the waist should be hip measurement

2 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Kickair(f): 11:34pm On Nov 02, 2014
EFOSAVAL:

The bust area is 16 right while the shoulder is 12.........it means u are going to fold that straight 26 into 16 first then out of the 16 u cut out 2 on both sides of the arm whole which gets the measurement back to 12 on the shoulder while u still have 16 on the bust.
The picture below explains it all.

am really really sorry for takin you back ... But please can you explain dat "fold dat straight 26 into 16"..then wat inches can i use to but the armhole... Thanks so much.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by tapingil(m): 5:37am On Nov 03, 2014
Kickair:

am really really sorry for takin you back ... But please can you explain dat "fold dat straight 26 into 16"..then wat inches can i use to but the armhole... Thanks so much.

Pls I dont get wat u are trying to ask here.. U shud edit this properly .
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Kickair(f): 9:03am On Nov 03, 2014
Am talking abt the cowl neck ... How do i cut the armhole of the front.. Or can i use the back armhole to cut the front ? I understand all the calculation perfectly .. Cuttin the armhole and the bust area is the problem.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by adwabs: 10:12am On Nov 03, 2014
Patajun:
For those w[/size]ho need rope, I guess you need only 6 panels and the waist should be hip [size=8pt]measurement

Tnx a lot

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by shankies215(f): 10:19am On Nov 03, 2014
ma, please where is ur fashion skul located?
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by nnekalobo: 2:13pm On Nov 03, 2014
Hi. Pls am new here & am trying to see where u started from d basics but I can't get it. Am really interested in this class but am a beginner so am lost as to where & how to start. Any help will be really appreciated. Thanks
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 10:57pm On Nov 03, 2014
Hi people.... The class is really getting noisy.I am finding it hard to keep up so also are new people on the thread.please let's keep the thread interesting for us and others by asking only questions related to the topic so that when others need reference it will be easy to say go to this or that page.

This is to new guys on the thread please ensure that your questions are related to the topic at hand coz thats the only way we would finish fast and move to the next topic.if its a topic that has been treated b4,when we are through with one and about to do another all your noted questions can then be asked and they will be answered
Now for the sake of new people I will re post all on this 6 pices skirt so they can understand it well.

I have said many times that I am very busy but if you reach me on my bb or whatsapp even if I don't reply immediately sooner or later I will (if i dont forget)pls kindly use that for personal explanation on topics and when you do pls understand that I you may not be the only one I am attending to so try to be specific and don't expect me to do it for you.you have to do it ur self and show me for inspection and correction though picture.

nnekalobo:
Hi. Pls am new here & am trying to see where u started from d basics but I can't get it. Am really interested in this class but am a beginner so am lost as to where & how to start. Any help will be really appreciated. Thanks

Start from page 1
This is page 21.

shankies215:
ma, please where is ur fashion skul located?

We are located at number 13 yaya abatan street ogba Lagos. Our free sewing machine promo is closing [size=18pt]really very very very [/size] shocked soon.for more details on it or other stuffs call or whatsapp me on 08096577157.or bb me on 7904911C

Below is the repost for the 6 piece skirt as I said I would earlier. wink hope you take note this time
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 11:07pm On Nov 03, 2014
EFOSAVAL:

Measurement areas for 6 piece skirt.

Waist
Hip
Half length
Full length

Usually what determines a 6 piece skirt is the circumference area at the down part of the skirt which is always influenced by the amount of fabric you have for the skirt. eg 2 -3 yards or more

My measurement is
Waist 37
Hip 44
Half length 18
Full length 43

Now I have 3 yards for this project that means I
have 36 ×3=108 inches to work with.thats what I will use for my folding.also note that 6 piece skirt would have 7 different pieces coz the center back will be cut into two for the zip.

I think I want to add more fabric cheesy
So now I will work with 4 yards instead of 3
Remember its the same process
All you do is multiply the yards by the number u have.

36x4=144

Now as I was explaining b4,in a six piece skirt that would have the zip at the center back the cuts would be seven not six just to accommodate the zip at the center back and at the end the skirt is still called a six piece skirt **---- grin

But a six piece skirt that would have the zip at the side would have just six cuts without extrals
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 11:25pm On Nov 03, 2014
EFOSAVAL:
Now the division part of my skirt

There is a simple rule here.....the biggest part of the measurement is the most important out of all.let's divide first, I will explain what I mean later.

I only need to divide all that is measured round the body not the length.. They are the waist and hip as well as the total yards am using which forms the circumference area.

Waist 37÷6 =6.1
Hip. 44÷6 =7.3
Circumference 144 ÷6=24.

Now remember what I said about the biggest part being the most important.... Its because out of the biggest measurement you can get the smaller ones

Here the biggest part is the 24. This means each panel will be 24 and I can get my waist 6.1 and my hip 7.3 with seam allowance for these parts out of the 24.

For the front block I need just 3 panel of 24.For the back block I also need just 3 panels but the middle panel at the back will be divided into two for the zip

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 1:11am On Nov 04, 2014
For further understanding here are diagrams with process explanation

First cut out your first panel which would be just one out of the 6 you divide your circumference to be.

Mine is 24 by the full length which is 45

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 1:34am On Nov 04, 2014
Step 2. On that panel identify where the waist hip and half length would be and mark it.

Now its time to place the measurement for the waist hip as well add our seam allowance to them all.the seam is 1.5inch.the hip is 7.3 I will just approximate it to 7.5

now 7.5+1.5= 9 inch on the hip

Waist is 6.1+1.5 =7.5

3 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 4:37pm On Nov 04, 2014
Remember I said you should mark the half length too which is 18 (from the waist to the knee)

On the half length line identify the center.as you can see I marked it with my pen.ensure u are at the center o.

Now out of the 24 I am going to mark out 9 inches at the center of the 24.this process will be done at the knee and at the waist.next I link them together knee and waist

That's what the above diagram is depicting.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 4:51pm On Nov 04, 2014
Next we link the knee to the base of the circumference . (9 inch from the center knee to the 24 in at the base)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 5:00pm On Nov 04, 2014
The shaded part is where I will cut out

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 5:05pm On Nov 04, 2014
At the end each of my panel will look like this. Note that I need 5 of this in total.so to save time I will just fold my fabric into four layers to cut out at once. Plus the one I already made that's 5 in total

2 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 5:33pm On Nov 04, 2014
The sixth panel for the zip like I said b4 is cut into 2 so u must add at least 1 inch seam on both sides for joining the zip back

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 5:38pm On Nov 04, 2014

This raps up the cutting process of the skirt.

next is to start sewing.
If you want to add lining you can cut it the same way as the 6 piece skirt or u cut like a full straight skirt.

Do you have any questions on it.pls feel free to ask and start yours too.cut out on paper if you not sure yet.i want us to do really quick so that we can start the blouse too.

Will post my cut out fabric soon too.post yours too wink

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by tayben015(f): 11:27am On Nov 05, 2014
Here is my chiffon fabric and the cut out bt I'm yet to join the pieces together
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 6:20pm On Nov 05, 2014
tayben015:
Here is my chiffon fabric and the cut out bt I'm yet to join the pieces together

Post it again. No picture here
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 6:24pm On Nov 05, 2014
Here is mine
Just like I explained before I cut 5 panels and the sixth one I cut into 2 and added allowance for joining the zip

Next I will cut my lining and start the joining process

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Godmother(f): 8:35pm On Nov 05, 2014
Efosa, God bless you real good for this selfless service you are doing, taking out time out of your very busy schedule. You also purchase fabrics solely just so your teachings can be better understood. You are a rare gem and I pray God will embarrass you wilt manifold blessings and favour in every area of your life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by kemisole(f): 9:41pm On Nov 05, 2014
@EFOSAVAL,may God bless u ma,great work,keep it up
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by warajaina: 9:44pm On Nov 05, 2014
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 9:45pm On Nov 05, 2014
Godmother:
Efosa, God bless you real good for this selfless service you are doing, taking out time out of your vaery busy schedule. You also purchase fabrics solely just so your teachings can be better understood. You are a rare gem and I pray God will embarrass you will manifold blessings and favour in every area of your life.

Thanks so much.i do it because I want you to find the kind of joy I find in it too . Honestly sometimes just like any other job ,life and every day stress can suck out any form of passion you have for it. But usually there will be that one thing about the job that just keeps you wanting to do more.for me making the outfit, and the client is happy is a feeling I can't explain grin grin

. Also explaining to someone who didn't know it before and watching that person progress is like sugar high for me.
I actually use this online teaching to relax my overworked brain gringringrin weird right ?but that's the truth plus through the practical I get to add one more item at a time to my collections. ....tell me who wouldn't like that grin

thanks guys. Really its no stress at all.i have fun doing this.wink

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 11:09pm On Nov 05, 2014
warajaina:
thanks for the lecture. God bless you.
does it mean dat the width at the waist, knee and circumference are 9,9 & 24 inches respectively?, im confused.
nd plsssssssss, let the blouse for dis skirt be off-shoulder. thanks.

Yes....For the cutting
When am sewing u shall shape out the waist as well as the knee leaving the hip part.

Off - shoulder top is not a bad idea. Considering the fact that I have done the regular peplum blouse here b4.but it will have to be an offshoulder peplum blouse.maybe with double step sef grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (74) (Reply)

Pictures Of Various Ankara/kente Styles / Best Skin Lightening/toning Soap / ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.