Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,839 members, 7,820,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) - Fashion (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) (859353 Views)

Run Way Photos From Valisimo Fashion Show.Enjoy / Lagos Party...........get Inspration On Styles To Sew.......(valisimo Fashions) / Fashion School Practicals......enjoy The Pics (from Valisimo Fashion School) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by okikiola14: 7:41pm On Jun 02, 2015
ma'am val am making a pencil straight gown but am having challenges at the back bodice i fold the back for zip allowance and over lapping but i didnt get it can i get an explaination on it pls tanksa..
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by ucheody: 7:49pm On Jun 02, 2015
@teeworld dis is not how to reply a question she just asked u some questions on d machine u bought. u don't need to b rude about it. as u Av read from d beginning dere has been no quarrel on dis forum. haba! no need for u to b on d offensive. easy ooo!

9 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by winie(f): 9:08pm On Jun 02, 2015
diegs:

Na wa o. Just two questions are Waec questions. Issorite. Don't worry u shall ask questions here and they shall reply u with ur own reply. Bye anyways
My dear no vex. I was also surprised by tworld's answer. I used to have that machine before. Got it for 35k @suleja. But now i use toyota quilt maker which i got for just 20k brand new tru OLX. It was a miracle! The butterfly is gud too. They are both only electrical, &have motor pedals. Where u@? if u stay in abuja, i can direct u to d place.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 11:28pm On Jun 02, 2015
grin grin. Chai. .... just 5 minutes that I stepped out of this class every thing done turn haywire grin
Ok ok ok every body calm down I will sort all your questions biko cheesy wink

I will start from the male outfit question.

mobhorlarjee:
Sorry people.. Is Valisimo fashion school only meant for female fashion cos am a guy but love fashion n I'll like for both sex. Thanks

No it's not for female alone.just that most questions asked are on female outfits.thats why it seams it's a female thing
So if we get more questions on male stuff we would treat it. wink

At our fashion school we teach male and female classes and we have male students as well.

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 12:09am On Jun 03, 2015
Now the resumption question

topdiva:
val, plz ma, I wanna know when a new session for advance class is starting.

One is about to start next week.usually We work with you will a curriculum so u actually don't miss anything.
As you register your class starts.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 12:27am On Jun 03, 2015
ibironkesarah:
@ Teeworld 13........how much did u get ur electric sewing machin? Can it make button holes, zig zag e.t.c?

It depends on the one u get thou. some come with a stitch Library while others come with a disc that you can change to the desired stitch you want.and they will do anything ranging from zip zag to botton hole etc
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 12:44am On Jun 03, 2015
Hmmmmmmm now welcome to new followers here.kindly padon the earlier noise in the class grin

Now to the class grin hope we all good.i have missed you guys wink kindly bear with me I will soon engage u guys on the collar and lapel class as promised.

TIME FOR CLASS

TOPIC COLLAR/ lapels

(Adedoyin hope you are ready)

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 12:50am On Jun 03, 2015
Join our group and page on Facebook. So much information awaits you there. Just search on Facebook and you will see it.

Valisimo fashions sew for fun - group

Valisimo Fashion School - page.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jun 03, 2015
[quote author=TDlook post=34328252][/quote]

Tnx. God bless u
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jun 03, 2015
Teeworld13:
oh please angry angry angryall I know is this is a domestic electric sewing machine and its easier to use than the conventional manual sewing machines. About the other question, yes it has a foot pedal or whatever it's called. If you want more information, google Butterfly domestic sewing machine and stop acting like ITK. tongue

I am not going to trade words with you.

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jun 03, 2015
winie:
My dear no vex. I was also surprised by tworld's answer. I used to have that machine before. Got it for 35k @suleja. But now i use toyota quilt maker which i got for just 20k brand new tru OLX. It was a miracle! The butterfly is gud too. They are both only electrical, &have motor pedals. Where u@? if u stay in abuja, i can direct u to d place.

Like wise me.I am not don't stay in abj. I tink, I will just buy from Mumia since they said they are all electric. Tnx.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by anytaij: 7:29pm On Jun 03, 2015
It's just ok have been following her since Shhe got her machine wen peo ask u question u ans and not just refering if we all start refering how are we going to learn here? Andiof. Mama val stats refering all of us and not take out her tym to explain I don't think she will. Rush out to. Get a sewingmachine just free some peo are like that. Dem sabi show themselve and she don show herself already.
diegs:

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by adeadedoyin(f): 11:47pm On Jun 03, 2015
grin grin I be olojukokoro,I wz following ur post on dt beautiful peplum blouse n six pieces skirt,so explanatory,God bless,bless,bless u ma, kiss kiss kiss ,I don ready for lapel ma,thanks ma, cheesy
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by ikoyila: 8:03am On Jun 04, 2015
anytaij:
It's just ok have been following her since Shhe got her machine wen peo ask u question u ans and not just refering if we all start refering how are we going to learn here? Andiof. Mama val stats refering all of us and not take out her tym to explain I don't think she will. Rush out to. Get a sewingmachine just free some peo are like that. Dem sabi show themselve and she don show herself already.
pls explain dis ur grammar.

mumi val, God bless u soo much!!
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Nobody: 8:27am On Jun 04, 2015
duh tongue

diegs:

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by mirob(f): 7:46am On Jun 05, 2015
Teeworld13:
duh tongue

Who is this kid here, pls u are too immature to be on this thread.

5 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 7:52am On Jun 05, 2015
[size=28pt]Collars / Lapels [/size]

Collars are a specially cut fabric placed at the upper part of neck of some outfits such as jackets suits blazers.the collars can be made to stand or folder when worn.the length and width of the collar is usually determined by the selected style, and the specified measurement given

Lapels are immediately below the collar.the way it's shaped determines the name it's called

2 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 7:56am On Jun 05, 2015
Study the diagrams

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 7:58am On Jun 05, 2015
There are some collars that are placed round the entire circumference of the neck eg shirt collars, Peter pan, sailors collar , Bishops collar,Robin Hood collar etc

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Nobody: 9:56am On Jun 05, 2015
when you are done insulting yourself, you'll shut up angry

mirob:

Who is this kid here, pls u are too immature to be on this thread.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by TalentManager: 8:19pm On Jun 05, 2015
Hey fellow learners and Teachers abeg what is the generic or actual names of these type of fabric? what are they called, or rather how can I describe them , are they surplus in Lagos? excellent quality ones like the type Yomi casual uses no kpali textured. Thanks in advance.

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 1:06am On Jun 06, 2015
TalentManager:
Hey fellow learners and Teachers abeg what is the generic or actual names of these type of fabric? what are they called, or rather how can I describe them , are they surplus in Lagos? excellent quality ones like the type Yomi casual uses no kpali textured. Thanks in advance.

Most sellers in lagos know it as trouser material or senator fabric

It's very common too.
Yomi casual works with so many fabrics ranging from linen atiku trouser materials English cotton etc
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 1:27am On Jun 06, 2015
Teeworld13:
when you are done insulting yourself, you'll shut up angry

sad sad sad like seriously I have tried to ignore your silly way of commenting here but so far this just raised the bar for me.

Please go back to the first page on this thread you will see that it actually started in 2013 and from that time till now I have never had to stop a class to settle any quarrels for anyone. Your lack of respect for others reflects in your comments or response to fellow members of this thread.you really don't have to respond if you know that can't reply normally like others here. Please for the sake of the sleepless nights I put into this to help people who genuinely want to learn thins stuff kindly stop making others feel bad here.

Please let us move on with the class no need of going back and forth.i should be seeing posted practical pictures here not reading adult quarreling like babies.it kills the joy of posting to me.

thanks

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Nobody: 3:18am On Jun 06, 2015
@madam val, pls continue . teeworld use ur tongue and count ur teeth
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by ayflava(m): 7:54am On Jun 06, 2015
I am a professional tailor based in Lagos, I sew all kinds of Men's wears, both English and natives.
Contact details:
+2348088886887 for (Whatsapp)
Or +2347065957952 for calls.
Email: ayflavour@rocketmail.com
Bb pin: 73CF15D8
U can call me AY FLAVOUR.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Nobody: 9:06am On Jun 06, 2015
Efosa, I did not insult anybody here. I do not know you neither do you know me. I have accorded everyone due respect here....I posted a picture of the sewing machine I got and mentioned that I knew nothing about sewing. I responded respectfully to the enquiry on where I got my machine and someone replied to my messages in a degrading manner (which you did not address). Please am not here to cause trouble or digress this forum. In as much as I appreciate your effort here I will not allow anyone speak to me anyhow.

EFOSAVAL:

sad sad sad like seriously I have tried to ignore your silly way of commenting here but so far this just raised the bar for me.

Please go back to the first page on this thread you will see that it actually started in 2013 and from that time till now I have never had to stop a class to settle any quarrels for anyone. Your lack of respect for others reflects in your comments or response to fellow members of this thread.you really don't have to respond if you know that can't reply normally like others here. Please for the sake of the sleepless nights I put into this to help people who genuinely want to learn thins stuff kindly stop making others feel bad here.

Please let us move on with the class no need of going back and forth.i should be seeing posted practical pictures here not reading adult quarreling like babies.it kills the joy of posting to me.

thanks
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Nobody: 9:40am On Jun 06, 2015
To those I've offended in here, kindly accept my sincere apology. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 11:39am On Jun 06, 2015
Thanks hopefully we can all move on grin
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by kikelomojessy(f): 8:53pm On Jun 07, 2015
Ma valeria, I want to say a big thank you for taking time out to impact dis so big knowledge to us. I hav been a silent follower even on Facebook. God bless you real Good. I will be posting my practicals too. Tanks alott ma, I really appreciate. I finally made my peplum top and straight skirt.

I will post my trouser as soon as am done with it next week.

Pls hope am trying ma?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by meda77: 11:02pm On Jun 07, 2015
Pls dnt understand. U in this very one can u. Pls explan more pls

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by adeadedoyin(f): 10:46pm On Jun 08, 2015
I think I will be d class captain,peace nw,maam boglo no vess abeg,carry on ma wink luv ur style of d blue peplum kiss
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 6:45am On Jun 09, 2015
EFOSAVAL:

There are some collars that are placed round the entire circumference of the neck eg shirt collars, Peter pan, sailors collar , Bishops collar,elf collar etc

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (74) (Reply)

Pictures Of Various Ankara/kente Styles / Best Skin Lightening/toning Soap / ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.