Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,793 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) - Fashion (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) (859101 Views)

Run Way Photos From Valisimo Fashion Show.Enjoy / Lagos Party...........get Inspration On Styles To Sew.......(valisimo Fashions) / Fashion School Practicals......enjoy The Pics (from Valisimo Fashion School) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Nobody: 8:27pm On May 14, 2015
debbydominic:
please ma'am,how do i cut the sleeve of this off shoulder blouse.God bless you.

I also need guideline on cutting off shoulder sleeve since we're doing away with the cap height. A little hint so as to be on a safer side as in not wasting my material. something like this

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Nobody: 9:17pm On May 14, 2015
Fahiza:
@Ayolight, i am based in ph and i deal in bale fabric. I could waybill some if you are interested.

Where in ph do u stay. Do u Av that fabric madam Efosaval used to make her white n lemon gown? I stay in ph
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by ayolight(f): 11:21pm On May 15, 2015
Fahiza:
@Ayolight, i am based in ph and i deal in bale fabric. I could waybill some if you are interested.
k. tnks. I'm not really stating nw. jst makin investigations. I ll b stating by nxt yr by His grace. pls can u send me ur whatsapps acc. so dat I can keep in touch. God bless u a great deal. I welcome other opinion
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by trevolady(f): 5:58am On May 16, 2015
Hello madam efosa,stl waitin for the further explaination u promised to give on the last project u posted...
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by arewaangel(f): 8:38pm On May 16, 2015
Madam Val,God bless u for me,pls ma,kindly explain how to cut an off shoulder sleeve,i don't know aw to go abt it,and anybody who knows it can help out,i wil so much appreciate.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by bikay(f): 1:47pm On May 17, 2015
Good afternoon Madam Efosa, please your students are waiting for the explanation on the latest project, the dress with side buttons.
Thanks and God bless. grin
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Fahiza: 4:19pm On May 17, 2015
diegs:

Where in ph do u stay. Do u Av that fabrics' madam Efosaval used to make her white n lemon gown? I stay in ph

no i don't have it now
but i am based in orazi.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by TDlook: 6:00pm On May 17, 2015
juicypetal:

I also need guideline on cutting off shoulder sleeve since we're doing away with the cap height. A little hint so as to be on a safer side as in not wasting my material. something like this

Hello there.let me try. People have different means of arriving at the same thing. Below is my version hope it helps. first get your bodice block and your sleeve block.like below

4 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by TDlook: 6:12pm On May 17, 2015
In drafting your blocks ensure that the armhole is equal to the sleeve cap measurement. That is A to B = k to L.
The red dashes represent notches to align the armhole to sleeve cap when sewing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by TDlook: 6:31pm On May 17, 2015
STEP 1
Point D is at a level where you want the deepest part of your neckline (about 5" from the base of front neck) .
Point A to C= about 3" or 4" depending on how off the shoulder you want it. Measuring along the curve of the armhole.

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by TDlook: 6:41pm On May 17, 2015
STEP 2
Points K to M = the measurement of A to C. This about 3 to 4 inches measuring along the curve of the sleeve cap.
Square a line from Point M to meet the centre line of the sleeve. See picture above.

STEP 3
Discard the upper parts of both patterns then you will have something like the image below

3 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by TDlook: 7:14pm On May 17, 2015
In the following instructions note that I have wrongfully labelled the point opposite Point M as Point K. It isn't point K as we have discarded the part that has point K. It is a mistake I made that I didn't see on time.

STEP 4 (picture below)
Shorten your sleeve to required length.

STEP 5
Treat your front bodice the way you do when you want to cut Bustier ( bosom cut or whatever it is called) by inserting a dart from neckline to the Bust Apex. This dart will give shape to the front bodice and tighten the front neckline.

Cut away the darts so that you will have two pattern pieces for the front indicated by the shaded area.

3 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by TDlook: 7:22pm On May 17, 2015
When you cut you will have something like below. align the notches when sewing.

4 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by TDlook: 7:35pm On May 17, 2015
For the back you follow steps 1 to 3. Point D at the back being the lowest part of the back neckline.
To tighten the back neckline take out a dart of about 3/8 of an inch. This dart will merge with the usual waist dart rather than end at the bust apex. This is because the back is relatively flat and we do not want to create a cup. Another way of explaining this is that we increase the length of our waist dart to reach where the neckline is, and instead of tapering it to zero, we taper it to about 3/8 of an inch.

We then cut out the dart so we can have 2 pattern pieces for the back as well. See pictures below

3 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by TDlook: 7:41pm On May 17, 2015
Wheeeh! This has been a long and time taking post. I hope you find it helpful.

7 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by ucheody: 7:58pm On May 17, 2015
welcome tdlooks! my question is can d straight line below d neckline b curved or given a sweet heart shape? thanks
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by TDlook: 8:28pm On May 17, 2015
ucheody:
welcome tdlooks! my question is can d straight line below d neckline b curved or given a sweet heart shape? thanks

It can be any shape you want.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by ucheody: 9:09pm On May 17, 2015
ok thanks
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Nobody: 6:38am On May 18, 2015
TDlook:
OH yes my dear! I found it real helpful. thanks for sharing. Remain blessed.
#cheers#ilovethisfamily#werock#

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by OLUPUMMY(f): 9:46am On May 18, 2015
TDlook u ve really help so much, thanks

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by joyandrubby: 11:47am On May 18, 2015
This is a bit complicated for I still need help,is there an easier method of doing same?
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by kemisole(f): 4:03pm On May 18, 2015
@TDLook,tenks,this method is more simplier compared to other ones I have come across

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by alofbabe: 7:20pm On May 18, 2015
I must say, @TDlooks, you did justice to tutorial. Now ill be confident enough to try it out. Thank you so much.

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by tshodiya: 8:06pm On May 18, 2015
thnks for d tutorial ma, rily appreciate it. but d issue of lesson six is nt clear enough to me, cos i jst join d group. am also learnin fashion designin
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 9:17pm On May 18, 2015
TDlook:

Welcome to my world grin .i do this on Facebook nairaland
Instagram twitter Google plus . YouTube WordPress etc.for me it's very relaxing cheesy

thanks for explaining the off shoulder top.been busy with my new project the valisimo makeup studio

If you are on Facebook please join the let's sew for fun group there.its easier to post pictures and videos there than here and I will likely be posting there often now

https://m./176771132388378?ref=bookmark

1 Share

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 9:27pm On May 18, 2015
https://m.facebook.com/Valisimofashions?ref=bookmark

Also join my pictures stories on simple styles you can make your self daily
You will love them grin

3 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by bimbam(f): 9:30pm On May 18, 2015
TDlook:

Very clear and concise explanation. Kudos, TDloos!

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by teatee: 6:52am On May 19, 2015
@TDlook a big tanx to u for ur post on off shoulder. It is now very clear to me. I rili appreciate ur effort. God bless u..

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by ladyju(f): 8:06am On May 19, 2015
Pls I will like to know how to use d butterfly sewing machines to sew button holes
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by arewaangel(f): 12:31pm On May 19, 2015
@TDlook,gd job well done.thanks so much,ur explanation is very clear.I can try dis nau,wtout fear.God bless u

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Kemmy06(f): 3:30pm On May 19, 2015
i need explanation on how to cut and sew petal sleeves pls help ya sister oooo.love u Sewing Sister's
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Kemmy06(f): 3:37pm On May 19, 2015
pls i need help on how to cut and sew this kind of sleeve

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (74) (Reply)

Pictures Of Various Ankara/kente Styles / Best Skin Lightening/toning Soap / ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.