Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) - Fashion (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) (859441 Views)

Run Way Photos From Valisimo Fashion Show.Enjoy / Lagos Party...........get Inspration On Styles To Sew.......(valisimo Fashions) / Fashion School Practicals......enjoy The Pics (from Valisimo Fashion School) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by abisolaarshow(f): 8:49pm On Aug 16, 2015
u can watch madam Valerie ' videos on YouTube on VALISIMO FASHIONS V-VLOG or like her Facebook page Valisimo Fashions Sew For Fun. cheers

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 4:04pm On Aug 17, 2015
Hummmm where do I start from grin
Missed you all . hope you all have been having a great time. I have been having frequently busy days that I don't even know how I manage it anymore. Plus Posting here got a little difficult for me as uploading became a challenge due to bad network in my area. I think it's better now thou so you will likely see more post from me here. You should join the Facebook group too. Called " Valisimo Fashions sew for fun"

For those who are not on Facebook I will first post some stuffs I posted on the Facebook group here too to keep u updated. wink
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 4:10pm On Aug 17, 2015
[size=28pt]How to Develop your Fashion Brand
[/size]
Let's talk about branding in fashion design

(I wrote this piece for a group some time ago and thought I should share it with you here.hope you find one or two things useful in it cheesy cheesy)

Many today want to go into fashion designing as a full time business but are not fully aware of what it takes to launch a successful fashion business.
Looking at well established fashion designers in Nigeria today,we see that they have one thing in common, and that thing is the fact that -we "KNOW" them either by face or by brand.

The truth is, it didn't just happen to them, they worked over the years for it. in fact they invested so much time, money, energy and strategy to get to where they are now.

Going back to the point I mentioned earlier about the fact that we KNOW these designers, raises several questions such as -How did we come to know them? What did they do to get this big or famous? Why is that other tailor along my street not progressing like these known designers ? What
can I do to be like these designers that are making notable moves in the Nigerian fashion industry?

How did we come to know them.? They deliberately made themselves known to us.with each statement piece they made over the years they showcased themselves to people around them who in turn told others about them as well (referrals)
They used mediums like fashion shows, photo session press briefing etc to attract celebrity patronage. Once a designer has several celebrity clients he/she becames hot cake to the general public.

What did those now famous designers do then to make them grow?

First they perfected their skills in the art of garments making.its not magical at all.the fact that a person pays the full tuition of a fashion school doesn't guarantee that the person will "know every thing In 3, 6 or 12 months " some people make the mistake of just paying but fail to attend classes or do all assignments given.for that kind of person I would say learning this trade is like saving money in the bank, it's as much as you save that you can claim when it's time to withdraw cheesy grin

Why is the tailor near my street not progressing like those famous designers are?
Presentation- she is not presenting her brand well, your business must offer something new. Some tailors don't see the need to paint that their small shop in other to beautify it they will be like hummmmm, that's waste of money undecided they forget how a customers mind works.(most customers would want to pay 5 kobo for 5 million naira feel if they are given the chance) grin grin

That's naija clients for you .Those famous designers know this so they invest in their show room giving their clients the 5star feel not minding the cost. But you walk into the tailors shop down the street and you can't even seat down because of the smell undecided tongue the cobwebs on the wall, or the fact that she cooks and cleans her baby right where she sews for customers.hummmm lack of presentations will kill any business fast. undecided lipsrsealed

What can I do to be like those famous designers?

You need to up your game seriously. Laziness is a sin in this job.lazy designers don't ever see the need to correct mistakes while they are sewing. take pictures of your jobs.Regular professional photo sessions wink hummmmm very important ensure to work with professionals don't cut corners it's not just about taking useless pictures.you need to take good pictures, if not, no one will take you serious .

Avoide working with cheap fabrics.invest in a good phone to take pictures.invest in data you can not afford to be off line at anytime.browse fashion related topics. Know the latest trends.mingle with like minds.attend seminars to improve your self.be ready to learn.get your self ready for fashion shows . Place your brand adverts in strategic magazines. Be known for good standard quality good timing and precision. Let your next week be next week especially for clients jobs ,if you have to delay let the client know . Be professional add good finishing and packaging...... customise your brand, good labels ,call cards ,website and social media would help a great deal.

Be presentable, gone are the days when tailors get too busy to make a dress for themselves. You are the first model for your brand dress the way you want to be addressed. Have good customer relationship, good sense of humour grin. Above all put God first ..........Be Humble, it's the best way to reach potential clients. grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 4:22pm On Aug 17, 2015
[size=28pt]VALISIMO FASHIONS VLOG
[/size]
I am so happy to announce to you that our online video classes will be starting this month.

This means that just by clicking on our BLOG or YouTube channel you can watch me talk to you as if you are in our physical class. It's the next level of training for Valisimo Fashions so get ready. I am so excited.
Make sure you are registered on YouTube so you can subscribe to the channel

Watch "VALISIMO FASHIONS V-VLOG" on YouTube
VALISIMO FASHIONS V-VLOG:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk_JMlTt3_8

2 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 1:09am On Aug 18, 2015
[size=26pt] SisiValisimo Makeup School is Now Open [/size]

I am happy to officially announce to you here that our makeup school has fully started grin
To see pictures and read more about it go to
https://www.nairaland.com/2533338/makeup-school-amazing-discount-registration#37067849

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 1:15am On Aug 18, 2015
The top above was made with just 1yard of cord lace. U can try it also Diagram coming soon wink

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 1:36am On Aug 18, 2015
[size=28pt] HOW TO MAKE A JUMP SUIT

[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by teefaah(f): 5:57am On Aug 18, 2015
God bless you real big for this knowledge you share. Hoping to join you after my youth service
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 10:56am On Aug 18, 2015
teefaah:
God bless you real big for this knowledge you share. Hoping to join you after my youth service

Awwww thanks so much. We can't wait to have u with us too
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 12:35pm On Aug 18, 2015
[size=24pt]How To Cut This Style

[/size]
Fabulous day to you.

Some one just asked this question on the Facebook group so let me share the answer I gave here too.

https://m./176771132388378?ref=bookmarks

I remember explaining this style to some of my students about 2years ago.....

The front can have anything you want but this is how u cut the back. It's a 2 piece pattern design at the back. And most likely the buttons there are for fancy or decoration as it might be difficult to make it functional. Hence a side zip is used to get in and out of the dress. The design part where the buttons are is fixed permanently there.
Study the diagram
The last picture shows how the cut is when separated

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Kickair(f): 6:32pm On Aug 18, 2015
maa ....how will d sleeve wit d placement fit in to d cut out part....thanks
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Gbemzzy: 8:42pm On Aug 18, 2015
Gud p.m ma..pls am still a novice buh I av interest in fashion designing..want 2 cut and sew different style..how can u help me knwning it online....fankx 4 ur support ma
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by doyenne: 11:25pm On Aug 18, 2015
pls ma i just joined dis thread last week n i av been following, pls can i still get a copy of dat sewing book
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 11:16pm On Aug 19, 2015
Kickair:
maa ....how will d sleeve wit d placement fit in to d cut out part....thanks

Look at my diagram, it will be fixed on the placement cut. And the placement cut is fixed to the main dress
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 11:19pm On Aug 19, 2015
Gbemzzy:
Gud p.m ma..pls am still a novice buh I av interest in fashion designing..want 2 cut and sew different style..how can u help me knwning it online....fankx 4 ur support ma

Just start from the beginning and read through. but if you can't move the sewing machine at all, you may need some one to put you through
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 11:20pm On Aug 19, 2015
doyenne:
pls ma i just joined dis thread last week n i av been following, pls can i still get a copy of dat sewing book

So sorry the book is not yet available
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by exwhyzeef: 7:11am On Aug 20, 2015
Efosaval,your great tutorials are really appreciated,m a great fan o....pls I need ur help on how to cut a flare gown joined from the half length with just 2yards of ankara and how to cut the button down style...thanks in anticipation

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 2:06pm On Aug 20, 2015
exwhyzeef:
Efosaval,your great tutorials are really appreciated,m a great fan o....pls I need ur help on how to cut a flare gown joined from the half length with just 2yards of ankara and how to cut the button down style...thanks in anticipation

The cut is more than 2 yards you will need close to 3 or more to get it. Anyway diagram coming soon
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by exwhyzeef: 7:42pm On Aug 20, 2015
ok ma
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by beefash24: 11:09pm On Aug 24, 2015
@vaca 1,which ones do u have?
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Amaraume: 7:56am On Aug 27, 2015
Following
EFOSAVAL:
Awww thanks so much to all grin and wellcome to class smiley its a lovely weekend for me and I hope it is for u toowink
Been trying to post since but etisalate dey show me pepper.but anyway let's go.

So when making a cowl neck just like other neck lines and tops we go back to the basic principles of bodice.(Front and back bodice of a garment) in order to get this we need our measurements

So I will work with one of my students measurement,Ngozi she's a perfect small sizegrin

Shoulde-12
Neck wide- 6
Neck deepth 7
Bust. 26
Waist. 22
Hip. 26
Lenght. 25

So in all her measurement the bust and hip is the same and are the biggest so we use that to place our fabric on fold,fabric for the front part on fold as well as fabric for the back side on fold.

Eg that 26รท4=6.5
Out of these we need just 2 for the front
6.5 x 2= 13

On this 13 for the body area of the front I will add seam allowance which is 1.5 on both sides making 3.in total I will have 13+3=16

Now the Neck part,because of the way the neck is we must factor in facing on the same fabric.I call it self-facing
Generally u have to determine how deep u want the neck to be and this would determine how wide we need to make the shoulder cut
See the following images for more clearification.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 12:41am On Aug 29, 2015
Please don't quote past topics and repost so as not to confuse others o. I can't even remember which page this is on........
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 12:46am On Aug 29, 2015
Been very busy working on the video that I comeback so tired and can't do anything thing. God is my strength as long as that's what I want to do I know he will strengthen me wink

3 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 12:50am On Aug 29, 2015
Are u a fashion designer interested in makeup like me.
Free class don start since o. Join the class.
https://www.nairaland.com/2538521/free-makeup-tutorials-beginners-sisivalisimo

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by TOYNEX(f): 10:41am On Aug 31, 2015
BEAD MAKING ONLINE CLASS
ROTAD BEADS AND DECOR ONLINE BEAD MAKING
TRAINING SCHEME
LEARN BEAD MAKING ONLINE
ROTADBD offers online trainings for individuals
interested in making beads and who for the sake of
distance in location could not come for our one on
one training.
Rotadbd offers online training on different
categories as stated below:
continue reading @ http://rotadbeadsanddecor..in/p/bead-making-online-class.html?m=1

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Nobody: 4:39pm On Aug 31, 2015
pls I need a good place in owerri where I can learn to be a fashion designer.I wish madam efosa was in owerri.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 7:24pm On Aug 31, 2015
chinma414:
pls I need a good place in owerri where I can learn to be a fashion designer.I wish madam efosa was in owerri.

Oh so sorry hunnnn cheesy one day we would get there.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Nobody: 7:25pm On Aug 31, 2015
EFOSAVAL:

Oh so sorry hunnnn cheesy one day we would get there.
OK.tanx.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by almuqeet: 12:58pm On Sep 01, 2015
Sorry for taking you back. What is bust apart
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by akorangela(f): 11:23pm On Sep 01, 2015
EFOSAVAL:
[size=28pt]VALISIMO FASHIONS VLOG
[/size]
I am so happy to announce to you that our online video classes will be starting this month.

This means that just by clicking on our BLOG or YouTube channel you can watch me talk to you as if you are in our physical class. It's the next level of training for Valisimo Fashions so get ready. I am so excited.
Make sure you are registered on YouTube so you can subscribe to the channel

Watch "VALISIMO FASHIONS V-VLOG" on YouTube
VALISIMO FASHIONS V-VLOG:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk_JMlTt3_8
How I wish you're in Abuja oh oh ; cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by akorangela(f): 11:34pm On Sep 01, 2015
U have a heart of gold ma'am wink

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (74) (Reply)

Pictures Of Various Ankara/kente Styles / Best Skin Lightening/toning Soap / ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.