Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,855 members, 7,820,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc - Education (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc (63890 Views)

Opinion: 8 Reasons Why HND Is Superior To Bsc / Hnd Is Now B.tech Degree In All Nigerian Polytechnics / Hnd Is Better Than Bsc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by mkoabiola: 2:35am On Jan 01, 2014
Ds discrimination is too much.
Imagine,placing an HND holder in inspector cadre while bsc is placed on ASP.rubbish.
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by GamaG(m): 7:19am On Jan 01, 2014
Ijayzbrainz: If u ask most of the students in Polytechnics today where they would love to be.They will tell u its University.This is the analysis of those you find in poly today.
__60% of Poly students are there because they've tried University so many times but it just couldn't work out for them.in other words,they got no choice.so instead of staying@home and cresting more JAMB to hit a higher score.They tend to use to use the score which could be accepted in poly to go in.
_30% are there due to high cost of many Nigerian universities.so they tend to go to poly because that is what they can really afford.
_%10 are engage in part time learning as most Nigeria ploytechnics tend to run part_time learning than Nigeria universtities
And if I may ask,Why is JAMB Score for entry into Universities and Polytechnics in Nigeira different?
and i ask wht basis did u use to get dis info as a university graduate or u wnt 2 tel me dat university graduates jus draw conclusions wen they av nt carried out any research.dat means u ar mocking ur status as a university graduate.
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by slimtoney(m): 8:58am On Jan 01, 2014
Let me inform who cares to know the implications of running down polytechnic education in Nigeria:

1. Continuous decay in infrastructures occasioned by lack of technicians. That is why we always say Nigerians do not have maintenance culture.

2 . Too much emphasis on paper qualification.

3. Overstretching of infrastructures in the universities.

4. Churning out of theorist. A reason why we have too many reports of committees, papers on reforms that never transforms into reality.

5. It is the reason we import and cannot manufacture anything.

6. High cost of bringing in technocrats to maintain some of our facilities in various establisments.

3 Likes

Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by fortunejum: 9:41am On Jan 01, 2014
I believed that HND and BSC are equivalent. Where I am working now we were two that was employed the same day. I have HND while the other guy got BSC and our salary is the same.(level 8 step 2) Federal govt regards the two certificates as equivalent but i do not know of private organization.

1 Like

Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by Lexcom20(m): 10:12am On Jan 01, 2014
if e no b panadol e no go eva b like panadol. Kateris baribus
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by zebra(m): 11:19am On Jan 01, 2014
A lot of people today do not want polytechnic education not because it's not good, but because of the discrimination against it by university graduates. The main question is why are the university graduates always afraid of the polytechnic graduates? Where are they always quick to say that poly HND is not equivalent to a Degree, even when it was meant to be so? Why are poly HND graduates who are given the opportunity to compete with Degree holders always meet expectations of doing well? Why is it that Nigerian HND holders who are doing Masters programs in some foreign countries with their Nigerian Bsc holders are also doing well and coping with the programs?

1 Like

Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by natddon(m): 11:28am On Jan 01, 2014
I wonder why this argument is chronic. Poly entry requirements are not as high as unis. Most poly students wanted to attend unis but couldn't make it. Some did not even do jamb/ume exams. Worst still their lecturers are not profs. Hw do u compare students taught by bsc,msc holders majorly to those taught by phd/profs. So you are not confused a highest ranking poly lecturer(chief) is the equivalent of an associate/assistant prof in a uni. Even still, a poly rector reports to a perm second while a uni vc reports straight to the minister/commisioner
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by natddon(m): 11:31am On Jan 01, 2014
fortunejum: I believed that HND and BSC are equivalent. Where I am working now we were two that was employed the same day. I have HND while the other guy got BSC and our salary is the same.(level 8 step 2) Federal govt regards the two certificates as equivalent but i do not know of private organization.
pls note that the hnd guy cannot rise above level 14 while his bsc peer will even become a perm sec
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by georgiobob: 12:11pm On Jan 01, 2014
Ohhh naija, let us don't discourage HND holders, let HND holders learn from BSC holders and vice versa and either should develop themselves personally, and also improve the reading culture.

1 Like

Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by zebra(m): 1:18pm On Jan 01, 2014
georgiobob: Ohhh naija, let us don't discourage HND holders, let HND holders learn from BSC holders and vice versa and either should develop themselves personally, and also improve the reading culture.
Truth
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by Gnosticmovement(m): 4:45pm On Jan 01, 2014
Guy no uni post ume in naija is as tough as pti entrance exam..so dnt spit trash..and we dnt use jamb coz e too easy..just ask around and compare pti to dos oda schools den u will agree dat sum polys beat unis wella
natddon: I wonder why this argument is chronic. Poly entry requirements are not as high as unis. Most poly students wanted to attend unis but couldn't make it. Some did not even do jamb/ume exams. Worst still their lecturers are not profs. Hw do u compare students taught by bsc,msc holders majorly to those taught by phd/profs. So you are not confused a highest ranking poly lecturer(chief) is the equivalent of an associate/assistant prof in a uni. Even still, a poly rector reports to a perm second while a uni vc reports straight to the minister/commisioner
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by peter4d2(m): 6:48pm On Jan 01, 2014
@zebra
Do u knw dat bill gate was a uni by prdt n micro soft(dropout though) has made ur world easier. Mind u a prof tutored student wuld be better of a doctor tutored student n dats d standard @ harvard all 1st year student is attachd 2 a particular prof (o monitor n model him/her but u can neva get dat even in d so called foreign technical colleges with dis I hope u knw were u nau stand HND holders.
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by zebra(m): 7:05pm On Jan 01, 2014
It's not too stressful to get a Bsc compared to HND in Nigeria. U always have less courses to do in d uni, especially in d final year compared to the polytechnics in Nigeria. Why? I'm talking from experience. I did 8 courses plus project in my HND final semester, while i did only 4 courses plus project in my Bsc final semester. Can someone else also confirm this?
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jan 01, 2014
dejt4u: Op, dnt deceive urself..polythechnics nd universities curriculum in Nigeria is very different and dat is what is makin it unequivalent..
What shld be done nw is to upgrade ur curriculum in polytechnics
The last time I checked my dear, the varsities in nigeria are the ones who are supposed to upgrade their curriculum. I tell you bros what is being taught in 300L or even 400L for example is what has being taught in National Diploma(ND) in polytechnic I know what I'm saying
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jan 01, 2014
zebra: It's not too stressful to get a Bsc compared to HND in Nigeria. U always have less courses to do in d uni, especially in d final year compared to the polytechnics in Nigeria. Why? I'm talking from experience. I did 8 courses plus project in my HND final semester, while i did only 4 courses plus project in my Bsc final semester. Can someone else also confirm this?
You are right my dear, there is much more stress in nigerian polytechnics than nigerian universities. Don't mind him he doesn't know yo have more experience than him as you have you HND as well. My dear I congratulate you for having both. The polytechnic you went to will give you true knowledge while the varsity certificate you have will help you 'asper promotion tins' due to nigeria's educational mentality about varsity education. Happy new year bro
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by brushesz: 10:53pm On Jan 01, 2014
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by yomiousyolola: 11:40pm On Jan 01, 2014
Whose fault?
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by success9(m): 12:13am On Jan 02, 2014
alotofgrace: why should hnd be equivalent to bsc? is US schooling system equivalent to ours? must US determine all we do? leave US; lets face at our 9ja nation.....maybe u should check for 9ja what u checked for WES and know what our standard for bsc and hnd is.....u can also compare technical sec schools with ssce

Even d federal government of Nigeria says they are equivalent juss like degrees offered by bodies like ican, nipr, cipm
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by GamaG(m): 5:20am On Jan 02, 2014
Lexcom20: if e no b panadol e no go eva b like panadol. Kateris baribus
is this wht u went 2 the university to learn? It is sitaris paribus not kateris baribus. See exactly wht we ar jus saying, a university graduate in dat matter.
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by georgesylva(m): 6:51am On Jan 02, 2014
stupor:

One thing have noticed here on Nairaland is that the MODs favor some particular topics even when it lacks crystal clear truth and justice !

Every year they try to reproduce what someone has said before because they feel uncomfortable and they want cheap and lame advantage.

I will not allow someone else's ignorance and uncredible education with regards to colleagues who attended a Nigerian Uni. Education to make bleak the future of others who have earned for themselves a proud and well deserved qualification.

University education is no way superior to Polytechnic education,not even in any way !

Its just a simple example of pitied advantage of University education who are lucky enough to have been in positions and offices of power that made it easier for them to take decisions for partially for themselves only otherwise every polytechnic graduate would have done the same.

A university education is a favored opportunity that Nigerians have turned to make look like fashion and aesthetics whereas a majority that holds it move around with it full of void,originality,techicality,Objectivity,professionalism which the Polytech.has in all its ramifications.

A Univeristy education is new while the Polytechnic is the origin and bedrock which seals the fact that most Nigerians don't know,A polytech. has in its coffers all that it takes to be a professional and nothing but the best in your given field.

A University is an extension of the solid structure and foundatoion a Polytech.is found so that it can include sports,fashion and extra-curricular activities whereas the major learning,development,research,inventions,theories,proofs are simply alienated to Polytechnic,more reasOn a Polytech will floor any University grad in major Post-grad and Professional exams.

University education is for the fashion and play while a polytechnic cannot jeopardize that because the whole world depends on their theory to work includin Uni.so while a Uni student is palying VOlleyball r learning hw to swim in the college for competitions,a Polytech undergrad is nerdily locked up by their supervisors at their different labs working because the Polytech.total land mass might not even have the space for a pool talkless of a Hockey court as no much time can be devoted for. Minor things as that ! Getting your theories right are important to Polytech undergrads than sports or a swimimg pool !

How many times did you get to hear or see Albeit Eienstein found playing ? He's always locked in the lab doing new things,and that is the state of mind of an average Polytech.

The best teaching place for developing theory and assessing practical is having a quality HND certificate and not even a business school or Univsersity education in Nigeria can contest that.

University education in Nigeria is a jealous group of people with little or no knowlege when it comes to higher education and always envious when they find themselves in the midst of a Nigerian Polytechnic graduate.

Quoting your words::::::::n essence, some of the lecturers in our polytechnics lack the academic and technical wherewithal to baptize their students with the required skill and knowledge. But the problem goes beyond that!

But kindly take note of these findings:

A Polytechnic Lecturer will teach and lecture a PHD University lecturer the basics and complex areas of his or her study without reading it from the book including scientific and engineering theories.

A Polytechic graduate in accounting with HND will teach all the PHD holders including professors things they have never had of in their career history.

An OND Polytechnic holder,will comfotably teach a doctorate all he needs to know about accounting and same goes to Engineering Polytechic graduates.

While a University is offering 5 courses in final year, a Polytechnic student is managing nothing less. Than 10 complex papers incuding cumbersome Case theories to hack.

@ OP you are just one of the several bunch of Jealous University holders who take envy at Polytechnic holders or try make them look less superior but you are totally mistaken and lack the truth.

Ask for ICAN,CITN,ACCA and any other Finance related Professional exams for their Log pass history and ICAN will be proud enough to tell you that the best minds ever in the history of their exams have always being a Polytechnic graduate !

It is just your shallow sightedness and the overly congested craving that government has for Universoity as regards its funding that few people like you habour in your minds that makes you think because of the land mass,few tall structures,thearter halls Owned by law and the revered course like Medicine that makes you think you can match up with a Poly,but get it wrong completely.

After medicine and law,no other course ! I repeat no other course taken in a University on an average can outmatch a polytech grad! I have done my own several research !

Finally,let me let you know that a PHD holder cannot take the same level with an HND Accounting grad in ICAN,the HND Accounting will be nothing less than 2 steps above Your University ProF.

Or is a. Polytechnic grad that made the rule !

I will simply just want you to keep your University Certificate where ever you hid it and let it be known that the best genuises when it comes to Higher education hails from the polytechnic and stop creating unnecessary rivalry that is filled up with wrong emotional jealousies over the excellently earned skills of a polytech. Grad.

Stop discriminating and if you must get your facts clear,visit Professional bodies and foreign institutions or take a polytech. Exam first to clear your doubts befOre trying to blemish the future of well meaning graduates that have attended and earned a quality Polytech.Education.

Let's talk about something else,like how you and I as youths can affect this badly soiled country and not all these irrelevant arguments that yields no profit.

Mark Zuckerberg is the youngest billionaire because he worked on a social networking theory and i bet you he can employ you now same goes to Bill Gates,a college drop out.

Let the works of your hand speak for you and not some cheaply acquired certificates that everyone now has.

(Modify) (Quote) (Report) 6 Likes
Please add that steve jobs was a dropout of reed college not uni.
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by ayobase(m): 9:01am On Jan 02, 2014
zebra: Bros, i'm also a university graduate. I know all these.

I'm disappointed in you. Sorry to say.

U accepted the fact that an ideal HND holders is better than ideal B.Eng holder in terms of practical?
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by ayobase(m): 9:08am On Jan 02, 2014
dejt4u:
.........Although, those wit OND or HND are very good in practicals even better than uni graduates especially in engineering... I hope u get me better now

What an insult, even an OND holder sabi pass B.Eng holder......are u a product of Poly trying to gain relevance?

Remember that an Electrician is different from an Engineer.....experts in concerned and respective fields!

Very annoying when people keep asking if u can wire a house as an Engineer.......even if u sabi, na as a result of curiosity or otherwise!
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by ayobase(m): 9:14am On Jan 02, 2014
zebra: You're only assuming they do only practicals. That's ur opinion about the nigerian polytechnics, they only do practicals. Well, i'm still wondering why/how poly HND graduates pass ICAN exams and other professional exams even before many varsity graduates.

It is simple.
A university product believes that he is okay with his degree, and can hands down any poly graduate at any point in time.....a fact we both know. Hence, making a poly student to be mad and wanna have something to have an edge..."Atleast I have additional professional certification while he has not"....COMPENSATION!
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by ayobase(m): 9:17am On Jan 02, 2014
zebra: Pls do a little more research. Many schools in the US award BS for engineering programs and not BEng. Even in Unilag they award Bsc in engineering and not BEng.

Still the same.....B.sc (Engineering) means B.Eng.....Simple!

2 multiplied by 2 equals 4.

So, B.sc multiplied by Engineering equals B.Eng.

Don't they ask you, "B.sc in what?"
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by zebra(m): 9:21am On Jan 02, 2014
ayobase:

I'm disappointed in you. Sorry to say.

U accepted the fact that an ideal HND holders is better than ideal B.Eng holder in terms of practical?
Pls donot be disappointed in me yet. The poly HND guys are technologist (applied engineers) while the BEng guys are engineers (theoretical engineers or designers), how then do u expect the technologists not to be better than the engineers in hands-on practical work? Like some of u have agreed before, technologists are trained to work with their hands while also using their brains, while engineers use their brains to work on designs. Why then do u expect them not to be good on what they are trained on? What i know is that the university engineering guys do more maths courses than the poly guys, that's one of the major differences btw them. U can google to see the difference btw engineering and engineering technology urself.
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jan 02, 2014
HND is better than B.Eng. Yes I said it tongue. We just belong to a society where people like to discriminate courses and institutions stu/pidly. All they know how to do is acquire stu/pid certificates without anything to show for it. Nigerian Education system is such a disgrace. The ways Nigerians view and discriminate things is way disgraceful!
In everyother part of the world, Anybody who studied engineering (whether in a university or polytechnic) is called 'An Engineer'. Here in Nigeria, they are technicians and they will have to waste 3 extra years to get the 'engineering' title. WTF! Only people who attended technical schools should be called 'Technicians' (even that school has been scrapped in Nigeria too. smh) for christ's sake.
In everyother part, anyone who wants to study Technology-related-courses would prefer a Polytechnic to a university. In Nigeria, reverse is the case.

If not for the discrimination, I would've attended a polytechnic myself. Cos they teach what it takes to be an Engineer and not senseless cramming and ending up with paper work called certificate.

In everyother part, it's not compulsory you attend College cos you can become someone with the knowledge you got from highschool. But in Nigeria, you sha must get that degree! smh. Technical Schools (secondary schools) that will give enough knowledge to start up something and become a technician no longer exists for whatever reason. kai. Threads like these always make me feel sad, Cos our mentality is just awkward in Nigeria.
We can all see what all these discrimination is causing; How many Engineering Companies can Nigeria boast of? Only Julius Berger and few others. Why? Because a typical Nigerian graduate can't do the most basic things in Engineering........that's just the fact. I know some Electrical Engineering graduates who can't get the ratings of Resistors right cos they don't even know colour codes or how to place the multiplier. To draw simple layout, most cannot do...talkless to arranging components on a Vero board.
My Scholar while in School can only cram till kingdom come....take him to the workshop, he will be looking like a dummy. Yet he will brag first class in the society, issh. I wonder where he is now sef.

To me, HND is equal if not better than B.ENG. B.Eng is just a bragging right (that's what Nigerians can do best)......tchew

3 Likes

Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by Wealthyone: 12:47pm On Jan 02, 2014
stupor:

One thing have noticed here on Nairaland is that the MODs favor some particular topics even when it lacks crystal clear truth and justice !

Every year they try to reproduce what someone has said before because they feel uncomfortable and they want cheap and lame advantage.

I will not allow someone else's ignorance and uncredible education with regards to colleagues who attended a Nigerian Uni. Education to make bleak the future of others who have earned for themselves a proud and well deserved qualification.

University education is no way superior to Polytechnic education,not even in any way !

Its just a simple example of pitied advantage of University education who are lucky enough to have been in positions and offices of power that made it easier for them to take decisions for partially for themselves only otherwise every polytechnic graduate would have done the same.

A university education is a favored opportunity that Nigerians have turned to make look like fashion and aesthetics whereas a majority that holds it move around with it full of void,originality,techicality,Objectivity,professionalism which the Polytech.has in all its ramifications.

A Univeristy education is new while the Polytechnic is the origin and bedrock which seals the fact that most Nigerians don't know,A polytech. has in its coffers all that it takes to be a professional and nothing but the best in your given field.

A University is an extension of the solid structure and foundatoion a Polytech.is found so that it can include sports,fashion and extra-curricular activities whereas the major learning,development,research,inventions,theories,proofs are simply alienated to Polytechnic,more reasOn a Polytech will floor any University grad in major Post-grad and Professional exams.

University education is for the fashion and play while a polytechnic cannot jeopardize that because the whole world depends on their theory to work includin Uni.so while a Uni student is palying VOlleyball r learning hw to swim in the college for competitions,a Polytech undergrad is nerdily locked up by their supervisors at their different labs working because the Polytech.total land mass might not even have the space for a pool talkless of a Hockey court as no much time can be devoted for. Minor things as that ! Getting your theories right are important to Polytech undergrads than sports or a swimimg pool !

How many times did you get to hear or see Albeit Eienstein found playing ? He's always locked in the lab doing new things,and that is the state of mind of an average Polytech.

The best teaching place for developing theory and assessing practical is having a quality HND certificate and not even a business school or Univsersity education in Nigeria can contest that.

University education in Nigeria is a jealous group of people with little or no knowlege when it comes to higher education and always envious when they find themselves in the midst of a Nigerian Polytechnic graduate.

Quoting your words::::::::n essence, some of the lecturers in our polytechnics lack the academic and technical wherewithal to baptize their students with the required skill and knowledge. But the problem goes beyond that!

But kindly take note of these findings:

A Polytechnic Lecturer will teach and lecture a PHD University lecturer the basics and complex areas of his or her study without reading it from the book including scientific and engineering theories.

A Polytechic graduate in accounting with HND will teach all the PHD holders including professors things they have never had of in their career history.

An OND Polytechnic holder,will comfotably teach a doctorate all he needs to know about accounting and same goes to Engineering Polytechic graduates.

While a University is offering 5 courses in final year, a Polytechnic student is managing nothing less. Than 10 complex papers incuding cumbersome Case theories to hack.

@ OP you are just one of the several bunch of Jealous University holders who take envy at Polytechnic holders or try make them look less superior but you are totally mistaken and lack the truth.

Ask for ICAN,CITN,ACCA and any other Finance related Professional exams for their Log pass history and ICAN will be proud enough to tell you that the best minds ever in the history of their exams have always being a Polytechnic graduate !

It is just your shallow sightedness and the overly congested craving that government has for Universoity as regards its funding that few people like you habour in your minds that makes you think because of the land mass,few tall structures,thearter halls Owned by law and the revered course like Medicine that makes you think you can match up with a Poly,but get it wrong completely.

After medicine and law,no other course ! I repeat no other course taken in a University on an average can outmatch a polytech grad! I have done my own several research !

Finally,let me let you know that a PHD holder cannot take the same level with an HND Accounting grad in ICAN,the HND Accounting will be nothing less than 2 steps above Your University ProF.

Or is a. Polytechnic grad that made the rule !

I will simply just want you to keep your University Certificate where ever you hid it and let it be known that the best genuises when it comes to Higher education hails from the polytechnic and stop creating unnecessary rivalry that is filled up with wrong emotional jealousies over the excellently earned skills of a polytech. Grad.

Stop discriminating and if you must get your facts clear,visit Professional bodies and foreign institutions or take a polytech. Exam first to clear your doubts befOre trying to blemish the future of well meaning graduates that have attended and earned a quality Polytech.Education.

Let's talk about something else,like how you and I as youths can affect this badly soiled country and not all these irrelevant arguments that yields no profit.

Mark Zuckerberg is the youngest billionaire because he worked on a social networking theory and i bet you he can employ you now same goes to Bill Gates,a college drop out.

Let the works of your hand speak for you and not some cheaply acquired certificates that everyone now has.

Yekpa!!! grin grin see *BEEFING Of Life*
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by fortunejum: 2:38pm On Jan 02, 2014
natddon: pls note that the hnd guy cannot rise above level 14 while his bsc peer will even become a perm sec
As long as the federal govt recognizes the two certificates as equivalent; nothing will stop the HND holders from attaining any high positions as the BSC holders.Secondly, HND graduates has opportunity to upgrade their qualification. I am doing my ICAN now, so there is no where i cannot rise to the post of a perm sec. tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by fortunejum: 2:49pm On Jan 02, 2014
success_07:

Even d federal government of Nigeria says they are equivalent juss like degrees offered by bodies like ican, nipr, cipm
You are correct. As long as the federal govt recognizes the two certificates as equivalent. What will stop the HND holders from attaining any high positions as the BSC holders.
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by Olril18(m): 3:31pm On Jan 02, 2014
zebra: Pls donot be disappointed in me yet. The poly HND guys are technologist (applied engineers) while the BEng guys are engineers (theoretical engineers or designers), how then do u expect the technologists not to be better than the engineers in hands-on practical work? Like some of u have agreed before, technologists are trained to work with their hands while also using their brains, while engineers use their brains to work on designs. Why then do u expect them not to be good on what they are trained on? What i know is that the university engineering guys do more maths courses than the poly guys, that's one of the major differences btw them. U can google to see the difference btw engineering and engineering technology urself.
u are just contradicting urself..
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by Olril18(m): 3:35pm On Jan 02, 2014
fortunejum:
You are correct. As long as the federal govt recognizes the two certificates as equivalent. What will stop the HND holders from attaining any high positions as the BSC holders.
fg say both degrees are equal?
u must be smoking weed...stop consoling urself man!
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by Olril18(m): 3:39pm On Jan 02, 2014
speedyboi: HND is better than B.Eng. Yes I said it tongue. We just belong to a society where people like to discriminate courses and institutions stu/pidly. All they know how to do is acquire stu/pid certificates without anything to show for it. Nigerian Education system is such a disgrace. The ways Nigerians view and discriminate things is way disgraceful!
In everyother part of the world, Anybody who studied engineering (whether in a university or polytechnic) is called 'An Engineer'. Here in Nigeria, they are technicians and they will have to waste 3 extra years to get the 'engineering' title. WTF! Only people who attended technical schools should be called 'Technicians' (even that school has been scrapped in Nigeria too. smh) for christ's sake.
In everyother part, anyone who wants to study Technology-related-courses would prefer a Polytechnic to a university. In Nigeria, reverse is the case.

If not for the discrimination, I would've attended a polytechnic myself. Cos they teach what it takes to be an Engineer and not senseless cramming and ending up with paper work called certificate.

In everyother part, it's not compulsory you attend College cos you can become someone with the knowledge you got from highschool. But in Nigeria, you sha must get that degree! smh. Technical Schools (secondary schools) that will give enough knowledge to start up something and become a technician no longer exists for whatever reason. kai. Threads like these always make me feel sad, Cos our mentality is just awkward in Nigeria.
We can all see what all these discrimination is causing; How many Engineering Companies can Nigeria boast of? Only Julius Berger and few others. Why? Because a typical Nigerian graduate can't do the most basic things in Engineering........that's just the fact. I know some Electrical Engineering graduates who can't get the ratings of Resistors right cos they don't even know colour codes or how to place the multiplier. To draw simple layout, most cannot do...talkless to arranging components on a Vero board.
My Scholar while in School can only cram till kingdom come....take him to the workshop, he will be looking like a dummy. Yet he will brag first class in the society, issh. I wonder where he is now sef.

To me, HND is equal if not better than B.ENG. B.Eng is just a bragging right (that's what Nigerians can do best)......tchew
what a fool u are!!
nonsense post!!
u know what??,send all ur children to polytecnic
id.iot!

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Musa Sani, Boy Who Built A Replica Of Overhead Kano Bridge Gets US Scholarship / Man Visits His Parents' Grave On His Graduation Day In Graduation Outfit(Photos) / I Finally Signed Out At 42

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.