Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc - Education (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc (63728 Views)

Opinion: 8 Reasons Why HND Is Superior To Bsc / Hnd Is Now B.tech Degree In All Nigerian Polytechnics / Hnd Is Better Than Bsc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by ayobase(m): 1:37pm On Jan 03, 2014
goldfish80:
Excuse me sir, you studied electrical electronics [EE] but you believe you should have no idea of resistor readings? What is the electronics you studied then?
Christ!

How am I supposed to argue this with u when you don't know what EE is all about.......You studied Computer Science aight?

Well, let me give u this simple answer, EE is broad, u shouldn't be worried if a man working in "POWER" company wouldn't know the value of resistor, but a radionic.

As a computer scientist, can u efficiently make use of the Micosoft office?
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by ayobase(m): 1:41pm On Jan 03, 2014
goldfish80:
I studied computer engineering for 2yrs at the poly. In Computer engineering you are not meant to study power and control, its for the EE guys.That's basically the difference between the two courses(EE and CE).But we did telecommunications1 and 2 though.

And what is ur major?
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by ayobase(m): 2:00pm On Jan 03, 2014
speedyboi:

It's not even funny. Cos the basic stuffs are necessary to do anything tangible in Engineering. If you don't know how to calculate ratings of Resistors, Capacitors etc, then how will you place your components on the vero board/PCB that is a necessity (e.g the 'Motherboard') of every electronic device? And you wonder why we have such a few Manufacturing companies. It's a shame.

All Nigerian Engineering graduates have is Bragging rights. Really!

Your are talking about someone that majors in Electronics. We need to understand the difference.

That I know the value of a resistor by calculation via colours when there is intrument for me to measure is not a big deal.

I have been with the PHCN for over 5 years now, and I don't know of a time I needed to calculate the value of a resistor. It is because "Power" is different from "Electronics". My major is different.

Why will someone be asking me if I know how to wire a house. Even if I know, maybe it is due to I wanna-know-attitude to broaden one's perspective.

Yes, I'm surely taught the fundamentals....As an Engineer, it will be easier to understand when u pick any related book!

Architect, Builder, Town planner, Surveyor, Civil Engineer, and what have you have somethings in common, but very distinguishable!

And the question you answered in the other post, not everyone knows the answer!

As a computer scientists, do I expect you to know everything about computer....where you major matters!
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by ayobase(m): 2:14pm On Jan 03, 2014
goldfish80:
The Nigerian education system is a big fraud especially in the field of applied engineering but I never knew things has got so bad that an electronics engineer(bsc) thinks he has nothing to do with resistor readings in his field.That is a big indictment on Nigerian education system as a whole and an embarrasement to Nigerian Electrical engineers. I humbly call on the moderators to kindly delete that post by ayobase.

For your information, I'm not still ashamed to say this anywhere.

And for you information, my final year project was automatic sensor rechargeable lantern....what do u think it was made up of?

I am telling you again, I major in Power, and I don't have time for Electronics......if the need be to know the value of resistor at any point in time, I will make use of my measuring instrument. Shikena!

As a Computer Scientist, u wanna tell me somethings u learnt long time ago are still of relevance to you?

Even, in Power industry, we have different sections:

Generation
Transmission
Distribution

What concerns these people with resistor for God's sake!

Abi u think sey we dey make use of resistors....I wanna believe you have no idea.

People like will say every graduate of Mechanic Engineering should be able to fix a car!
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by Olril18(m): 2:24pm On Jan 03, 2014
speedyboi:

An example of the Deluded and Shallow minded Nigerians I was referring to; who couldn't even read between the lines to grab the essential points. Typical!

And you know what? If any of my kids wants to study Engineering.....and we have a better system in Nigeria, he is going to Polytechnic or anyother Technology-based institution. Now die! Hediot!
a typical university reject....
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by Olril18(m): 2:37pm On Jan 03, 2014
lol
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by goldfish80(m): 2:46pm On Jan 03, 2014
ayobase:

And what is ur major?
I have OND in computer engineering from a federal Poly in naij, Bsc in Electronics and computer engineering(majored in CE),msc in telecomunications all from Leeds university uk.
If you studied EE and majored in Power,yet you never came across resistor readings,colour codes or other discrete components readings in a course called instrumentation and measurement,I would advise you to return that certificate and ask for a refund. You were clearly defrauded. Which university did you attend?
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by Olril18(m): 2:50pm On Jan 03, 2014
success_07:

Sorry mate, he is not smokin weed. That is d truth...i juss don't know where d discrimination arose from.

Do u know u can decide to go get certification frm nipr, ican, nimn, beec, cipm wit ur ssce and when u ar done, u juss go do masters wit ur certificate? And i'm sure u know Saki is juss an accountin clerk wit her BA or HND untill she is ICAN certified...

So does Saki needs a BA certificate if she can juss go for ICAN?

U know Uniben can't graduate accounting students until ICAN approves of it right?
yeah,i also belive there should not be discrimination,but wz really funny on this thread are the delusional hnd graduates who are saying they are far better than their university folks,they even belive their hnd is not only equal to b.sc,b.ng,but also superior,which is ironical...and probably a way of consoling themselves..
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by Olril18(m): 3:11pm On Jan 03, 2014
speedyboi:

You are getting it all wrong!
First know that; entrance into both polytechnic and university are the same! They both use UTME with the same cut off mark.
secondly, Anybody that studies 'Electrical Engineering' anywhere is not a TECHNICIAN!
Anybody that goes to study craftwork anywhere (whether poly or Uni) is a craftman. Why do people use title anyhow in Nigeria? The title you have is not a matter of the institution you attended, but what you studied!

and An Electrical Engineer who graduated from university and is looking for a white-collar job is as useless as an Electrical Engineer who graduated from a polytechnic looking for a white-collar job.

FULLSTOP.

I repeat again! Polytechnic graduates in 'Engineering' are not meant to be called 'TechniciaNS'. The technician title is for those who attended Technical schools. Ahn ahn. It's a pity that we call ourselves graduates and we can't even get simples things correctly like how to use titles.
lolz.
polytecnic and university the same cutoff?
university 200 and above
polytecnic 160 and above.
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by Walexsammy(m): 5:12pm On Jan 03, 2014
ayobase:

How am I supposed to argue this with u when you don't know what EE is all about.......You studied Computer Science aight?

Well, let me give u this simple answer, EE is broad, u shouldn't be worried if a man working in "POWER" company wouldn't know the value of resistor, but a radionic.

As a computer scientist, can u efficiently make use of the Micosoft office?
thank u bro, or can he even use Microsoft Excell and other applications software very well?
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jan 03, 2014
ayobase:

Your are talking about someone that majors in Electronics. We need to understand the difference.

That I know the value of a resistor by calculation via colours when there is intrument for me to measure is not a big deal.

I have been with the PHCN for over 5 years now, and I don't know of a time I needed to calculate the value of a resistor. It is because "Power" is different from "Electronics". My major is different.

Why will someone be asking me if I know how to wire a house. Even if I know, maybe it is due to I wanna-know-attitude to broaden one's perspective.

Yes, I'm surely taught the fundamentals....As an Engineer, it will be easier to understand when u pick any related book!

Architect, Builder, Town planner, Surveyor, Civil Engineer, and what have you have somethings in common, but very distinguishable!

And the question you answered in the other post, not everyone knows the answer!

As a computer scientists, do I expect you to know everything about computer....where you major matters!

Okay fair enough, you can measure with an ohmeter or multimeter. but you should be able to know how to calculate the readings as an electrical engineer. It's not necessary you know the colours for the values, but you should be able to calculate them when given the colour codes without the need to start reading 'how to do it' all over again. Anyone who specialized in Electronics however, these things should be boiling in his head! Even though I specialize in Electronics, I know quite alot about everyother aspects in Electrical Engineering. And I know the basics of other Engineering fields that are not electrical.

What are we even talking about? Aren't all Electrical Engineering students suppose to study the same thing till 500 level where they pick two or 3 courses with a total of 4 units in the specialization they prefer? So now I'm wondering why an electrical Engineer shouldn't know more than a lot from all the aspects of Electrical Engineering. Let's face it!

@the bolded, You specialize in Power, It's a must and a necessity that you know how to make electrical installation for a building (wiring). Do you think those who do electrical installations for High rise buildings in Lagos and Abuja are road side electricians? They are electrical Engineers! And the guys that construct those buildings are not bricklayers, they are civil engineers! A visit to one of Julius Berger MAJOR constructions will prove it to you. Just ask the guys whether they are bricklayers. Infact, their appearance alone will show you these ones are not Bricklayers.

I will upload some pictures later on to show what Engineers do on field (both in Nigeria and abroad). Engineers are supposed to be on field working. And you as a Power Engineer should not only know how to make Electrical Installations (Wiring), you should be making them... cos it's your job and no one else!

Olril18:
a typical university reject....
lol. So you think I attended a Polytechnic? I accept smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley. Kini big deal? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jan 03, 2014
Olril18:
lolz.
polytecnic and university the same cutoff?
university 200 and above
polytecnic 160 and above.

Maybe you should grab the latest bronchure, dumbo!

1 Like

Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by Olril18(m): 10:27pm On Jan 03, 2014
speedyboi:

Maybe you should grab the latest bronchure, dumbo!
u are the dumb here
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by Walexz02(m): 6:53am On Jan 04, 2014
Walexsammy: ....thanks so so so so much for this write up...in addition, my own relative seeing the kind of stress I passed 2ru in writing Jamb jst went ahead to purchase a poly form and started skuling asif itz a secondary skul...then someone here will wanna compare him with a uni graduate
wtf do you mean by 'seeing the kind of stress you passed through ehn? if your brother went to a crap and cheap polytechnic, that is non of our business here.. you can't even compare poly ibadan post UTME exam to that of many university .
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by Walexz02(m): 7:09am On Jan 04, 2014
Walexz02: First Semester ND2
AET211- Farm electrification
AET211- Tractor operation and maintainace
AET213- Farm power
MTH211- calculus
AGT212- Agro climatology
CEC226- Soil mechanics 1
EEd216- practice of Entrepreneurship
GNS201- Use of english 2
MEC217- Fluid Mechanics1
STA111- Intro to stastistics
TSL102- Basic princ. of Land survey 2

Second semester ND2
AET224- Farm structures
AET226- crop processing. and storage
AEt223- Soil and water conservation
AGT112 Elements of agric Economics
AET222- Farm machinery and mechanization
AEt221- Irrigation and drainage
AGT230- Agric extension
AET227 - project.

some should help withe that of HND...

I removed some electives due to my project...its a hard project,
I want some one from university to tell me when they were taught this courses if at all they were taught. I am very sure most of this courses will be taught in 4-500 level,.
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by Walexsammy(m): 7:20am On Jan 04, 2014
Walexz02:
wtf do you mean by 'seeing the kind of stress you passed through ehn? if your brother went to a crap and cheap polytechnic, that is non of our business here.. you can't even compare poly ibadan post UTME exam to that of many university .
.....my dear no need ranting....HND in Nekede is dsame as HND in Abia poly and also in that same Poly ibadan....
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by Walexsammy(m): 7:23am On Jan 04, 2014
Walexz02:
I want some one from university to tell me when they were taught this courses if at all they were taught. I am very sure most of this courses will be taught in 4-500 level,.
, bro I was taught all those courses in my 200Level....these are general course all Engineering student must undergo in the 2nd year (Note: am talking strictly abt my own school) in 4th year ure already getting into ur departmental courses...except for few borrowed courses
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by ayobase(m): 2:03pm On Jan 04, 2014
goldfish80:
If you studied EE and majored in Power,yet you never came across resistor readings,colour codes or other discrete components readings in a course called instrumentation and measurement,I would advise you to return that certificate and ask for a refund. You were clearly defrauded. Which university did you attend?

You are not getting my message....u can go back and read me again!

Ur educational profile. Nice!

Why University later, but Poly?
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by ayobase(m): 2:16pm On Jan 04, 2014
speedyboi:

Okay fair enough, you can measure with an ohmeter or multimeter. but you should be able to know how to calculate the readings as an electrical engineer. It's not necessary you know the colours for the values, but you should be able to calculate them when given the colour codes without the need to start reading 'how to do it' all over again. Anyone who specialized in Electronics however, these things should be boiling in his head! Even though I specialize in Electronics, I know quite alot about everyother aspects in Electrical Engineering. And I know the basics of other Engineering fields that are not electrical.

What are we even talking about? Aren't all Electrical Engineering students suppose to study the same thing till 500 level where they pick two or 3 courses with a total of 4 units in the specialization they prefer? So now I'm wondering why an electrical Engineer shouldn't know more than a lot from all the aspects of Electrical Engineering. Let's face it!

@the bolded, You specialize in Power, It's a must and a necessity that you know how to make electrical installation for a building (wiring). Do you think those who do electrical installations for High rise buildings in Lagos and Abuja are road side electricians? They are electrical Engineers! And the guys that construct those buildings are not bricklayers, they are civil engineers! A visit to one of Julius Berger MAJOR constructions will prove it to you. Just ask the guys whether they are bricklayers. Infact, their appearance alone will show you these ones are not Bricklayers.

I will upload some pictures later on to show what Engineers do on field (both in Nigeria and abroad). Engineers are supposed to be on field working. And you as a Power Engineer should not only know how to make Electrical Installations (Wiring), you should be making them... cos it's your job and no one else!

lol. So you think I attended a Polytechnic? I accept smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley. Kini big deal? undecided

Speedyboi, knowing how to read the rating of resistor shouldn't be an issue to me since I'm more concerned about RATINGS. There is nothing for me to measure unless I wanna do ration test, insulation test, pressure test, oil test and among others.

What I don't do for long will surely leave me. Book is meant is to be re-visited. If I have forgetten when required of me, then I will go revisit...it can take me more then seconds.....

I concentrate more on what concerns me right now.....well, let me say I'm not interested in Electronics.

Wiring a house. Is the work of an Engineer or technologist, technicians or electricians. EE is broad!

I think u agreed that an Engineer makes the design!

U can know everything....just take ur area of discipline and concentrate.....the reason why everybody dey learn plenty things today na cos Naija situation.

Career, should be like "to ur tent oh ye Isreal"
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by ayobase(m): 2:22pm On Jan 04, 2014
Walexz02:

Na wa o....and u think u have a deep under knowledge of those courses u did for just 2 years compared to someone that studied for 5 years.

Urs was a crash programme to know the basics.....I will try get my white forms out to know wassup.

I did some courses from 100 level till 500 level...u wanna compare ur 2 years of understanding?

POLY means multiple....picking from everywhere to have idea....SIMPLE. Borrowing courses everywhere!

UNI means single....Concentrating on one thing!

Jack of all trade different from Jack of a trade!
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by ayobase(m): 2:24pm On Jan 04, 2014
Walexsammy: , bro I was taught all those courses in my 200Level....these are general course all Engineering student must undergo in the 2nd year (Note: am talking strictly abt my own school) in 4th year ure already getting into ur departmental courses...except for few borrowed courses

I don't even know what these poly students take us for....like we just go play ball and party for 5 years!

Hmmmm!
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jan 04, 2014
i have been following this thread from the first page hitherto.
And because of the rantings and gibberishing of the HND peeps, I can only call a poly a glorified secondary school!!!
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jan 04, 2014
ayobase: Wiring a house. Is the work of an Engineer or technologist, technicians or electricians.

First and foremost, Technologists do not work on field. Electricians and Technicians are not suppose to wire a house. Their job is to repair a damaged house wiring.

And the reason for specialization is just to aid Division of Labour and not for you to forget everyother thing! It's not a 'jack of all trade' bull, that's the right thing. What they call 'jack of all trade' is if I start to go and learn trade or one unrelated stuff with Engineering.

And you seem to concentrate on just ND students. We may spend 5 years in a Nigerian university, but HND holders also spent 4 years. 4 years is what Engineering takes normally. Nigerian universities just use first year to review secondary school subjects (yea, everything I did in 100l, I've already been taught in Secondary school) and to also drop students after the first year. Engineering starts in 200l in a Nigerian university, while it starts from ND1 in a Nigerian Polytechnic. So you are saying they were teaching them basics from ND1 to HND2 (4years)? seems you don't know what you are saying again.

It's just discrimination and stupi/d ego. Just like Nigerian Doctors have with other professionals in medicine. FINISH!

1 Like

Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by zebra(m): 6:31pm On Jan 04, 2014
speedyboi:

First and foremost, Technologists do not work on field. Electricians and Technicians are not suppose to wire a house. Their job is to repair a damaged house wiring.

And the reason for specialization is just to aid Division of Labour and not for you to forget everyother thing! It's not a 'jack of all trade' bull, that's the right thing. What they call 'jack of all trade' is if I start to go and learn trade or one unrelated stuff with Engineering.

And you seem to concentrate on just ND students. We may spend 5 years in a Nigerian university, but HND holders also spent 4 years. 4 years is what Engineering takes normally. Nigerian universities just use first year to review secondary school subjects (yea, everything I did in 100l, I've already been taught in Secondary school) and to also drop students after the first year. Engineering starts in 200l in a Nigerian university, while it starts from ND1 in a Nigerian Polytechnic. So you are saying they were teaching them basics from ND1 to HND2 (4years)? seems you don't know what you are saying again.

It's just discrimination and stupi/d ego. Just like Nigerian Doctors have with other professionals in medicine. FINISH!
Thanx for this truth.

2 Likes

Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jan 04, 2014
I said I will upload some pics.
After establishing that Polytechnic graduates are also Engineers. there are better matters to discuss than this. Are we really doing our jobs? We think we should be 'supervising' while houses blow up due to bad wiring and houses collapse. Our jobs have been taken over by Roadside mechanics, bricklayers and Electricians (All quacks - they didn't even attend any technical school to acquire the knowledge). We sit in our comfort zones thinking our job is to 'supervise'. Check out these pictures;

pic 1 and 2. - Do I need to say those guys working (Making the Tarpaulin DPC) aren't bricklayers? You see them having the plan of the house with them following every tiny details. That's what you get when you call construction companies to handle your project. Most Nigerians just call one baba Mukaila to come and start building.....Some of those building don't even have plans. And you wonder why they are collapsing? The high rise buildings on the other hand that are built by professionals never collapse even after years! Only few Nigerian homes are constructed by certified construction companies, the rest were done by Unskilled workers.

Pic 3 - Those are our colleagues in other parts of the world doing reinforcement. Na welder dey do am for Naija. We've totally allowed unskilled labour to take over our duties and we scream unemployment. And the worst part is due to their horrible workmanship, they've made the jobs look ridiculous and demeaning. When it should be a beauty when done right with proper equipments.

pic 4 and 5- Ayobase, you dey see your colleagues in Power?

pic 6 - that's a colleague in my specialization that has a standard Electronic maintenance and repair workshop. Na radionic dey do am for Naija with their horrible shops that makes the job look horrible. Note that this can also be carried out by a technician who attended a technical school. And it's not absurd for a Polytechnic or a university graduate to do same, if he's interested in repair (I'm not).

*Now to mech Engines: they can always open automobile service workshop with good standard ofcourse (I have few friends that have done this and mehn na money - 5,000 to 10k just for consulting, it doesn't matter whether the car has fault or not). An automobile workshop; just like everyother Engineering work has hierarchy. The Engineers are not the ones to change plugs, engine oils etc ofcourse. But Engineers are the ones required to do the deeper repair. Especially all these modern cars with On board Diagnostics and also these hybrid cars. But we all sit back thinking we should be 'supervising'. And these mechanics are ruining people's car at an alarming rate. Well for now, Nigerians are still thinking cars are the ones with different issues grin, they don't know yet that it's because wrong people are repairing the cars and that our 'figure-head' Engineers are not so useful.

We Nigerian Engineers (whether Uni or Poly) need to wake up! Cos really, we've been USELESS! That's the truth without adding sugar. Our sector is one of the most dormant sector in Nigeria. To repair, our Ego no gree. To manufacture, another story! Even PHCN, we can't get right....and we keep churning out thousands of 'Engineers' from Nigerian Institutions every year. To say the truth, the value we still have is just the society perception of the chants of "Engineering is a good course". Anyone who has gotten into Nigerian Workforce will see we don't really have value and we've lost the beauty of Engineering in Nigeria!

If we let these roadside guys continue to disgrace the technical professions, we can as well tell Nurses and Doctors to sit back and 'supervise' while the Quacks take over.

1 Like

Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jan 04, 2014
my initial mission here is just to wake us all up until I saw all the discrimination going on. I think I've finally done that and I can now leave the thread smiley

the rest of the pics
-pic 5
-pic 6

1 Like

Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by jpphilips(m): 4:01pm On Jan 05, 2014
speedyboi:

You are getting it all wrong!
First know that; entrance into both polytechnic and university are the same! They both use UTME with the same cut off mark.
secondly, Anybody that studies 'Electrical Engineering' anywhere is not a TECHNICIAN!
Anybody that goes to study craftwork anywhere (whether poly or Uni) is a craftman. Why do people use title anyhow in Nigeria? The title you have is not a matter of the institution you attended, but what you studied!

and An Electrical Engineer who graduated from university and is looking for a white-collar job is as useless as an Electrical Engineer who graduated from a polytechnic looking for a white-collar job.

FULLSTOP.

I repeat again! Polytechnic graduates in 'Engineering' are not meant to be called 'TechniciaNS'. The technician title is for those who attended Technical schools. Ahn ahn. It's a pity that we call ourselves graduates and we can't even get simples things correctly like how to use titles.

it is your right to decieve yourself but dont complain when reality starts flogging you.

UTME started when because I ve not heard that before? even if it is so presently, it may be because the authorities are concerned about how many people who seek admission elsewhere not crossing the UME hurdles, it is no way a signal that polys and unis are the same.

I called them technicians and I pay them as such, if you need another title please go and write jamb, whining will not change that.

next in line are the substandard foreign universities, we are waiting for them.
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by jpphilips(m): 4:14pm On Jan 05, 2014
ayobase:

For your information, I'm not still ashamed to say this anywhere.

And for you information, my final year project was automatic sensor rechargeable lantern....what do u think it was made up of?

I am telling you again, I major in Power, and I don't have time for Electronics......if the need be to know the value of resistor at any point in time, I will make use of my measuring instrument. Shikena!

As a Computer Scientist, u wanna tell me somethings u learnt long time ago are still of relevance to you?

Even, in Power industry, we have different sections:

Generation
Transmission
Distribution

What concerns these people with resistor for God's sake!

Abi u think sey we dey make use of resistors....I wanna believe you have no idea.

People like will say every graduate of Mechanic Engineering should be able to fix a car!

Little wonder Nigeria suffer from power outages, Ayo base at the helm of affairs is a disaster.

1 Like

Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by kennytidistar(m): 4:50pm On Jan 05, 2014
jp philips:

it is your right to decieve yourself but dont complain when reality starts flogging you.

UTME started when because I ve not heard that before? even if it is so presently, it may be because the authorities are concerned about how many people who seek admission elsewhere not crossing the UME hurdles, it is no way a signal that polys and unis are the same.

I called them technicians and I pay them as such, if you need another title please go and write jamb, whining will not change that.

next in line are the substandard foreign universities, we are waiting for them.

Did I just see substandard foreign UNIVERSITY? please can you be specific and name the UNIVERSITY you refer to as substandard because those foreign UNIVERSITY graduate had been able to find solutions to some global challenges, you know quite well that most of the world leaders are Harvard product, I challenge you to be specific and not generalized. and tell me what your so-called super standard UNIVERSITY had been able to invent without the help of INTERNATIONAL expatriates abi kilonso ke? I refer to any accounting graduate as a professional colleagues regardless of the system that produce them, BECAUSE we speak the Same tongue, we are saying the system is bad, in 2006 to be precise during obasanjo regime, there was an attempt to merge the two system together, both poly and uni Which led to the upgrade of yabatech to degree awarding institution and one other poly I think is Kano, they held meeting upon meeting before yaradua came in and kill every thing with his seven point agenda Which HE never even achieve one, why not allow those in position of authority to do justice to this, abi bros you be authority?

1 Like

Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by jpphilips(m): 5:30pm On Jan 05, 2014
kennytidistar:

Did I just see substandard foreign UNIVERSITY? please can you be specific and name the UNIVERSITY you refer to as substandard because those foreign UNIVERSITY graduate had been able to find solutions to some global challenges, you know quite well that most of the world leaders are Harvard product, I challenge you to be specific and not generalized. and tell me what your so-called super standard UNIVERSITY had been able to invent without the help of INTERNATIONAL expatriates abi kilonso ke? I refer to any accounting graduate as a professional colleagues regardless of the system that produce them, BECAUSE we speak the Same tongue, we are saying the system is bad, in 2006 to be precise during obasanjo regime, there was an attempt to merge the two system together, both poly and uni Which led to the upgrade of yabatech to degree awarding institution and one other poly I think is Kano, they held meeting upon meeting before yaradua came in and kill every thing with his seven point agenda Which HE never even achieve one, why not allow those in position of authority to do justice to this, abi bros you be authority?

this is what happens when you jump into a post you know not its bearing.
call a neighbor without comprehension difficulty to explain the post for you.
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by Walexz02(m): 5:45pm On Jan 05, 2014
Walexsammy: , bro I was taught all those courses in my 200Level....these are general course all Engineering student must undergo in the 2nd year (Note: am talking strictly abt my own school) in 4th year ure already getting into ur departmental courses...except for few borrowed courses
you see your life? did I made mention that I took the courses during my hnd programme
they are cousres taken for ND programme.. you guys should fuccking stop being bias and face reality ok?

1 Like

Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by zebra(m): 7:00pm On Jan 05, 2014
Walexz02:
you see your life? did I made mention that I took the courses during my hnd programme
they are cousres taken for ND programme.. you guys should fuccking stop being bias and face reality ok?
i'm tired of the bias posts i read here too. I wonder why some people cannot say the truth.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

See Latest News About ASUU Strike Today / "Missing OAU Law Student" Found!!! / Jamb Direct Entry 2012/2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.