Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,578 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

10 Countries That Completely Hate Gays- Nigeria Ranks 4th - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Countries That Completely Hate Gays- Nigeria Ranks 4th (4408 Views)

5 AWFUL Kissing Mistakes Guys Make That Completely Ruin The Mood / New Survey Ranks Nigerian Women As Top Most Unfaithful Wives In The World / The Faces Of Nigerian Gays (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Countries That Completely Hate Gays- Nigeria Ranks 4th by NadiaSA1(f): 11:32pm On Dec 30, 2013
This is bad sha

angry angry
Re: 10 Countries That Completely Hate Gays- Nigeria Ranks 4th by Savigne(f): 11:48pm On Dec 30, 2013
I'm neither for or against gay pple,bt one thing I do know is that they make cool friends,and I d ones I knw are intelligent too and cool-headed.
Re: 10 Countries That Completely Hate Gays- Nigeria Ranks 4th by EzePromoe: 11:53pm On Dec 30, 2013
But to be sincere, some people no dey try sha o. Imagine person like me, as I fine reach, I come dey admire person like 190 nyash sad

God forbid bad thing
*pukes* embarassed

1 Like

Re: 10 Countries That Completely Hate Gays- Nigeria Ranks 4th by IAMBREEZY: 1:17am On Dec 31, 2013
Damn i hate homo.

1 Like

Re: 10 Countries That Completely Hate Gays- Nigeria Ranks 4th by pasqal09: 1:31am On Dec 31, 2013
Isn't it a good thing?
Re: 10 Countries That Completely Hate Gays- Nigeria Ranks 4th by Nobody: 3:23am On Dec 31, 2013
I think every society has the right to preserve itself and its values... Especially where a vast majority of the people hold a similar view.
That's the way it keeps going.

The dull side about the situation in nigeria and perhaps other countries with anti-homo sentiments, is the labelling of homosexuals as criminals.. I sincerely think this is a wrong and rather 'animalistic' approach.

A better way of handling is to put restraints on same sex relationships. For instance, defining marriage laws in a way that it totally removes any kind of recognition of a samesex marriage, or the institution of fines for certain public display of samesex amorousity... Many other ways we can deal with it rather than criminalising it.
Re: 10 Countries That Completely Hate Gays- Nigeria Ranks 4th by joromi: 5:52am On Dec 31, 2013
Saudi Arabia nko...
I'm very sure a gay person is beheaded in Saudi Arabia... grin grin grin
Re: 10 Countries That Completely Hate Gays- Nigeria Ranks 4th by jhidey08(m): 7:38am On Dec 31, 2013
SELENAqueensy: nd u expect me to read all of dis

If naija was made up of only me and my family,
Den beliv me, Nigeria wud hv been numba 1.... angry
i'm suspecting u
Re: 10 Countries That Completely Hate Gays- Nigeria Ranks 4th by jhidey08(m): 7:42am On Dec 31, 2013
wordsbase: I think every society has the right to preserve itself and its values... Especially where a vast majority of the people hold a similar view.
That's the way it keeps going.

The dull side about the situation in nigeria and perhaps other countries with anti-homo sentiments, is the labelling of homosexuals as criminals.. I sincerely think this is a wrong and rather 'animalistic' approach.

A better way of handling is to put restraints on same sex relationships. For instance, defining marriage laws in a way that it totally removes any kind of recognition of a samesex marriage, or the institution of fines for certain public display of samesex amorousity... Many other ways we can deal with it rather than criminalising it.
i'm suspecting u. I'm nt in support of anything u wrote up there. We av a law, and once u break it, u av 2 face d music. U're d one rather thinking 'animalistically'
Re: 10 Countries That Completely Hate Gays- Nigeria Ranks 4th by king94(m): 7:57am On Dec 31, 2013
jhidey08: i'm suspecting u. I'm nt in support of anything u wrote up there. We av a law, and once u break it, u av 2 face d music. U're d one rather thinking 'animalistically'
Sending two adults to jail for their sexual orientation is thinking 'animalistically'. The law won't change them so it is trash. On second thoughts, if d law is so effective, how many ppl have been convicted under d law?
Re: 10 Countries That Completely Hate Gays- Nigeria Ranks 4th by markdark(m): 8:47am On Dec 31, 2013
Criminalizing homosexuality serves no purpose, a practice rampant and ignored in the prison system.This is rational thinking, even if rational thinking is too irrational for you, look through history, moral Stands occurred in America to a far harsher degree than Nigeria to a point even drinking was illegal. It didn't work, simply because it can't, you cannot prosecute something where the only person harmed is the accused.
Ps, humanity is a characteristic of humans, a person doesn't have to be gay to see beyond his/her personal opinion and search for the logical and ethical side.
Re: 10 Countries That Completely Hate Gays- Nigeria Ranks 4th by Lamasta(m): 8:58am On Dec 31, 2013
No way for GAY'S in Nigeria its either they leave our Country for us or face the Music. SAY NO TO GAY AND YES TO ADAM AND EVE AND NOT "ADAM AND STEVE"

1 Like

Re: 10 Countries That Completely Hate Gays- Nigeria Ranks 4th by 190theclown: 9:04am On Dec 31, 2013
Eze Promoe: But to be sincere, some people no dey try sha o. Imagine person like me, as I fine reach, I come dey admire person like 190 nyash sad

God forbid bad thing
*pukes* embarassed

1 Like

Re: 10 Countries That Completely Hate Gays- Nigeria Ranks 4th by yungryce: 9:14am On Dec 31, 2013
crackhaus: So I'm thinking...why is Nigeria never number one on any list for God sake? >sad
Re: 10 Countries That Completely Hate Gays- Nigeria Ranks 4th by rad8(m): 11:48am On Dec 31, 2013
i support d death penalty for dem gay ppl....eeewhhh, hw will a guy trip for anoder guy, dats serious insanity (pure madness)..

1 Like

Re: 10 Countries That Completely Hate Gays- Nigeria Ranks 4th by Nobody: 12:23pm On Dec 31, 2013
just a hint here...has anybody read animal farm or nineteen eighty four by George Orwell? The world may become as he indirectly prophesied through his books. You can be arrested for not reporting,arrested as a gay person. This is like a game that will soon become dangerous. Pretty soon maybe dey will start arresting pple for looking gay. Not funny at all. Think about a world with no free will at all....y'all wont understand unttil you start being killed for having a straight or crooked nose.
Re: 10 Countries That Completely Hate Gays- Nigeria Ranks 4th by gidiMonsta(m): 1:06pm On Dec 31, 2013
markdark: Criminalizing homosexuality serves no purpose, a practice rampant and ignored in the prison system.This is rational thinking, even if rational thinking is too irrational for you, look through history, moral Stands occurred in America to a far harsher degree than Nigeria to a point even drinking was illegal. It didn't work, simply because it can't, you cannot prosecute something where the only person harmed is the accused.
Ps, humanity is a characteristic of humans, a person doesn't have to be gay to see beyond his/her personal opinion and search for the logical and ethical side.

@bolded: actually it does! If the scourge of homosexuality is accepted, then whats next? Acceptance of bestiality and necrophilia? There has to be a limit to what we call freedom. There's nothing like Absolute Freedom, anything that goes against the laws of nature should be rejected. As long as a man cannot procreate with another man, Homosexuality is totally unnatural.

1 Like

Re: 10 Countries That Completely Hate Gays- Nigeria Ranks 4th by Nobody: 1:50pm On Dec 31, 2013
jhidey08: i'm suspecting u. I'm nt in support of anything u wrote up there. We av a law, and once u break it, u av 2 face d music. U're d one rather thinking 'animalistically'

I hope you understand written english.

Like I hinted, it's good that laws are made; but they should be good and rational laws. That's why you should rather put restraints or fines in laws. Make it civil rather than criminal.

I do not support the idea of any form of same-sex relationship. I do not support on the other, pegging an adult a criminal whose sensual inclination is different from mine especially where it involves the consent of another adult individual.
Re: 10 Countries That Completely Hate Gays- Nigeria Ranks 4th by sucess001(m): 3:11pm On Dec 31, 2013
we are getting there...hopefully we should make number 1 before the end of 2014!

2 Likes

Re: 10 Countries That Completely Hate Gays- Nigeria Ranks 4th by markdark(m): 5:12pm On Dec 31, 2013
gidiMonsta:

@bolded: actually it does! If the scourge of homosexuality is accepted, then whats next? Acceptance of bestiality and necrophilia? There has to be a limit to what we call freedom. There's nothing like Absolute Freedom, anything that goes against the laws of nature should be rejected. As long as a man cannot procreate with another man, Homosexuality is totally unnatural.
Well beastiality and necrophilia are known psychiatric disorders (google 'DSM-5' for the comprehensive list ). Homosexuality is not, I think the homophobia comes when you try to seek justification through your own experiences (and anything you don't know will fall short eg homosexuality, piercings, tattooing etc) but remember there are 7 billion individual experiences in the world, not just yours. And natural or unnatural should be out of the question, a whole lot of animals have homosexual tendrncies. Furthermore we humans spit on nature's face daily, eradicating diseases, increasing life expectancy, curing cancer etc.
Re: 10 Countries That Completely Hate Gays- Nigeria Ranks 4th by Mobsync(m): 3:05pm On Jan 01, 2014
kekakuz:
if people never show their itk artitude them nogo rest
did you visi lisverse and you did not see i there
or did i tell you i composed it
how many post on nairaland do you think is authored by a nairalander
abeg i no dey mood to yab you
you know where e dey and you no tink a say fellow nairalanders fit read am learn soething

Give honour to whom honour is due. Add the direct link I gave you and stop spewing shit.
Re: 10 Countries That Completely Hate Gays- Nigeria Ranks 4th by kolamilan(m): 7:13pm On Jan 01, 2014
nairaland GAYS make una no go these countries especially IRAN oo i don talk my own grin
Re: 10 Countries That Completely Hate Gays- Nigeria Ranks 4th by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jan 01, 2014
imagin someone saying gays shud b killed!!! after u will go 2d Church n pray fire fire !!!TOLERANCE ! dats d key word here,a persons sexuality z his/her private wahala,do i care if u shag a guy ?as long as u dnt bring it 2 me no problem !no sane person wil jst choose 2b gay,its a natural feeling, its jst in dem... most homophobiics base dier argument on D BIBLE,yet dey fornicate, steal,lie,backbite,evil minds n dey scream-kil gays !kil gays!... d last time i checked ,d most homophobic pple r closet gays.... live n let live.... if u like sleep wit man,if u like thief 1kobo,whr una go end ?no b 'hellfire'??we hav more pressing issues dan gay pple
Re: 10 Countries That Completely Hate Gays- Nigeria Ranks 4th by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jan 01, 2014
d irony of dz bill z dat homosexuality hav bin in Nigeria 4 soooo long !!!its worse in d north !!!dere r actually male prostitutes in d north !!!most of d 'lagos big boys,big girls' either r bi or gays,wat bout unilag ?in d east nko ?gays r mor open in d eastern part of Nigeria...gays aint asking 4 marriage! all d want z PROTECTION OF DIER CIVIL RIGHTS,
Re: 10 Countries That Completely Hate Gays- Nigeria Ranks 4th by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jan 01, 2014
bestiality ,necrophilia,paedophilia,asexuality, homosexuality, heterosexuality r all sexual preferences...all of d above mentioned r illegal except asexuality, wats gona happen 2 asexuals wil dey b arrested 4 nt having any sexual appetite??
Re: 10 Countries That Completely Hate Gays- Nigeria Ranks 4th by Firebomb: 11:45pm On Jan 01, 2014
I care less if Nigeria legalizes gay marriage or not... but, candid opinion, fighting gay-ism isnt what the Nigerian government should vester its efforts on. Alot of disturbing issues arise everyday from acts of depravity and avarice, to lack of equity amongst sub and superstructures of the state. We tend to shift focus from glaring issues to sundry affairs. I'm not anti-gay, and equally not gay. Being heterosexuals ain't perfect all the same. We're all humans and have rights. In this world, Gays possess aesthetic abilities and dexterity, and make amazing friends. There's nothing the world can do about them, its primetime for their acceptance... Most of the developed North accepts their existence, putting them in an exclusive League. Religious bigots should suck it and keep basking in the Dark Ages. Moreover no one's been to heaven and back #DontComeForMyWigISpite #MyOpinionVoiceYours
Re: 10 Countries That Completely Hate Gays- Nigeria Ranks 4th by lilmax(m): 7:49am On Jan 02, 2014
Kill them
Re: 10 Countries That Completely Hate Gays- Nigeria Ranks 4th by Nobody: 12:49pm On Apr 02, 2016
Hmmmmm. I see

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Of These Online Behaviours Do You Detest Most In A Lady ? / I Think I Made The Greatest Mistake Of My Life / Is It Wrong To Have Sex On Good Friday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.