Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,938 members, 7,952,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:16 AM

Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba - Culture (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba (52021 Views)

Alafin's Supernatural Power Over Other Oba's In Yorubaland / Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA / Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by Psychedelia(m): 1:11pm On Jan 04, 2014
GentleMimi: *Yawns*
This is such a dumb thread.
Mods,i wanna assume u're not sitting on ur behind and watching these children disgrace them selves?......
Pls do the needful and close this Bleep*ing thread.
I'm sooo ashamed of NL these days...am i living wif idi*ots like this in Nigeria? Do they exist? Sheesh!

Tell me about it tongue
Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by ChristyG(f): 1:12pm On Jan 04, 2014
vivalavida:

Omobinrin,close that your buccal cavity. I am well travelled unlike u. I grew up in lasgidi so i knw watsup. U are dumber than the dumb person i thought u wia in da first place
as usual,they all grew in lagos but not cursed land.save that lagos story to ur co-idiots.that dumb yibboe gene is more evident and stronger than what ever lagos infused in u.dumb yibboe animal
Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jan 04, 2014
vivalavida:

We marry only ur important ladies. Your omo latas are of no use to us
...and u think our important ladies will marry a spare part dealer or markater? They will associate wit pple of equal importance, so gbo? ODE!
Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by vivalavida(m): 1:15pm On Jan 04, 2014
Back to the thread,i wish other Nigerians can learn to be Nigerians the way the igbos are. We love our neighbours,we move around,we inter-marry. But you all view this with suspicion because u aint got that sociable and enterprising spirit of da igbo man. She might be yoruba birthed but due to marriage,she is an igbo lady now. So yorubas accept it that u have an igbo regent in akure. She wont rule foreva.

1 Like

Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by vivalavida(m): 1:16pm On Jan 04, 2014
harde2lah:
...and u think our important ladies will marry a spare part dealer or markater? They will associate wit pple of equal importance, so gbo? ODE!

Better than an agbo hawker. Thats what your folks do in owerri
Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by RedReact: 1:17pm On Jan 04, 2014
Smartwave: Yoruba!!!!! I dey fear ur style ooo!!! (Titi Atiku -NE, Yemisi Sunsan - NC, Abiodun Yuguda - NE, Rotimi Ameachi-SS, Majority leader imo state-SE etc) small time all our leaders will be half Yorubas (product of education)
Don't mind them at all; dem no sabi anything. We gonna install the new Dejo of Akure, Oludende Aladedopemu I very soon for them to know that we are truly serious, and I don dey tell them say Akure na no man's land!
Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by ChristyG(f): 1:18pm On Jan 04, 2014
vivalavida:
Call us wat u like. But dnt forget to call us succesful,bold and courageous people unlike your tribe that are cowards. I am sure u havent crossed yoruba land since u were pooed out from da anal cavity
courageous indeed,empty boasting that yibboes tell themselves to make their miserable self feel special since nobody sees them as that.wonder why they cant even make it unless they cross the border.shame on the unfortunate fellow who birthed u by allowing a mad man ramp her.see d product.a dumb and foo.lish yibboe animal.so sad

1 Like

Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by vivalavida(m): 1:19pm On Jan 04, 2014
Criminal Ibos: fool.!! U keep spew trash d they fund babasuwe guilty,,son of a bas.tard
If you knew ma genealogy,u wouldnt open your mouth to call me bastard. I forgive you. The only person i blame is your drunken father who in a fit of rage slept with your mad mother in an uncompleted building with no roof on a rainy cold night and that singular act brought u into this world. I spit on u
Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by adbokus(m): 1:21pm On Jan 04, 2014
DerideGull:

There shall be no such thing again in Igbo land. Azikiwe appointed a Yoruba the first Secretary to the Government of eastern region. Since the good overture by the Ndigbo, most dumbass Nigerians have reciprocated with evils deeds and deaths.
much as this is a social forum where everyone is allowed to express opinions, care must be employed in the conduct of this activity! I have read times without number here and there how the igbos suffered a most unspeakable horror during the civil war in the hands of ........! But one thing that is and will nt be acceptable is the blame game that is always mongerd with regards to that most regrettable happening. It was a war and any side could hv come off victorious or vanquishd! Stop blaming and vilifying people from other regions of Nigeria, particularly the Yorubas, for the fate that befell the igbos! Every1 suffered a terrible loss and to single out ppl of certain region of the country as victims is plain selfish, inconsiderate and thoughtless. Again, it was a war! Let's learn to live in harmony despite our differences.
Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by vivalavida(m): 1:24pm On Jan 04, 2014
Am outta this thread.

I knw the cowards will miss my home-truths
Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by commontins: 1:24pm On Jan 04, 2014
AKURE — A new regent, [b]Princes Adetutu Adesida Ojei [/size][size=8pt][/b]was yesterday installed to fill the stool of the Deji of Akure which became vacant on December 1, this year.

Princes Ojei, after the installation, assured all sons and daughters of Akure that she was ready for the big task ahead with God on her side.

Meanwhile, the family of the battered wife of the deposed Oba, Prince Oluwadare Adesina, Olori Bolanle, who is now late, has appealed to the state government and the council of chiefs in Akure to consider his reinstatement appeal.
*The new regent, Princes Adetutu Adesida Ojei

*The new regent, Princes Adetutu Adesida Ojei

The battering of late Bolanle by the deposed monarch on May 30, 2010, lead to his removal and banishment on June 10, 2010 by the state government.

However, the occupier of the stool that was vacant on December 1, the late Oba Adebiyi Adesida, joined his ancestors after reigning for three years and three months.

Princes Ojei, a pharmacist based in the United Kingdom, is the first female child of the late Oba Adesida.

Speaking with newsmen after her installation, the regent said it was a privilege to step into her father’s shoes.

She, however, promised to continue where her father stopped in his effort to bring development to the town.

The regent said it was an open secret that the development witnessed during her father short reign is unprecedented in the history of the town.

Development to Akureland

She said: “I promise that during my short reign I will bring further development to Akureland. We are all witnesses to what happened during my father’s reign.

“Akureland witnessed unprecedented development and I will, by the special grace of God, do more.

She pleaded with the king-makers to seek the face of God in their selection of a new oba for the town.

Princes Ojei added that they should hasten the selection process to enable her continue with her life after the selection and installation of another oba.

Bolanle’s family wants deposed Oba’s reinstatement

Meantime, the deposed Oba, Prince Adesina last week wrote a letter to the state government and Akure Council of Chiefs pleading for reinstatement.

But the family of High Chief Ojumu Fadeyi of Owo, from where the late Olori Bolanle came from, in a statement said both families have since reconciled and viewed the incident of 2010 as blown out of proportion.

According to the statement, signed by the Head of the family, Chief Akinola Fadeyi and its Secretary, Mr. Olanrewaju Fadeyi, the family said it was aware of the letter written to the state government by Adesina and agreed with the content of the letter pleading for his reinstatement as the Deji of Akure.

It said: “We have read the said letter from the print media and we have also heard the comments on the letter from the public domain, particularly media discourse on same.

“We are particularly touched by the frank, honest and humble content of the said letter.

“We are more touched by the gestures of forgiveness, godliness and love extended to our daughter even in her death and the dignity with which her memory has been treated by her husband.

“Our family has considered all the issues that ensued before, during and after the deposition and banishment of our in-law, Oba Oluwadare Adepoju Adesina, and we, by this forum (as we had done on many occasions before), appeal to Governor Olusegun Mimiko and the good people of Akure to please consider the appeal of our in-law.”

“We have since reconciled our differences and it is our belief that rescinding the orders of deposition and banishments would be more in tandem with the wishes of our late daughter – Olori Bolanle Adesina nee Fadeyi – who practically went about pleading with all that mattered for her husband’s reinstatement before her death.”

“It is our belief that reinstating our in-law to his position as the Deji of Akure will be a rare honour done to our family and the memory of our late daughter.”

Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by commontins: 1:27pm On Jan 04, 2014
So WHICH ONE should we believe VANGUARD called her MRS OJEI while DAILYPOST called her MRS DIKE
Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by GentleMimi: 1:27pm On Jan 04, 2014
Psychedelia:

Tell me about it tongue
angry
Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by ChristyG(f): 1:27pm On Jan 04, 2014
vivalavida: Am outta this thread.

I knw the cowards will miss my home-truths
as a coward,u run away.typical
Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by Arewaswagga: 1:27pm On Jan 04, 2014
cheesy
As an heiress to d throne, i'm of d opinion dt d installation ws rytly done. Hence, whether or not she is married to a non-yoruba shudnt matter. D funny thing is dat sm nairaland ibos see dat as sm sort of victory to their tribe; lol.
Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by Polio: 1:29pm On Jan 04, 2014
How will this affect the effectiveness of the policy i am drafting for my client?!
Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by lawbabs: 1:31pm On Jan 04, 2014
ak47mann: Mrs Dike an Igbo Citizen by Marriage to become the first Female Oba in Yorubaland! Her First Child an Igbo by Birth(Product of Adetutu Adesida & Mr. Dike) would likely become the Next Oba after the reins of the new Regent

She already had male and female children from Mr. Dike and as customs demands the Children, both of them are Prince and princess and the right for the inheritance of the throne is assured cool

http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/12/29/new-regent-installed-akure/

Don't get it twisted. Regency title is always an honour to the family of a late traditional ruler pending the determination of a new traditional ruler. So she won't be there for too long.
Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jan 04, 2014
Mayor_of_Lagos:

The Yoruba Crown is sacred! There are two of them - the beaded crown and the coronet.

An Oba elect as well as regents wear coronets but only an Oba is allowed to wear the beaded crown.

Under the coronet you are 'a divinity'. This is what the transcendantal means.
Bros... "IGBOS D0N'T HAVE KING" remember?... They dnt know the difference between Oba and adele... Can't you see how happy they are?
Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by commontins: 1:40pm On Jan 04, 2014
ak47mann: Mrs Dike an Igbo Citizen by Marriage to become the first Female Oba in Yorubaland! Her First Child an Igbo by Birth(Product of Adetutu Adesida & Mr. Dike) would likely become the Next Oba after the reins of the new Regent

She already had male and female children from Mr. Dike and as customs demands the Children, both of them are Prince and princess and the right for the inheritance of the throne is assured cool

http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/12/29/new-regent-installed-akure/
SO which one of these two news outlet is more credible, VANGUARD or DAILY POST. VANGUARD called her MRS OJEI while DAILY POST called her MRS DIKE

Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jan 04, 2014
Igbos should save diaselves of dis shame and find out the system of government in Yoruba Land.... If not all, atleast that of;
Alafin of Oyo
Olubadan of Ibadan
Alake of Egba
Awujale of Ijebu
Deji of Akure
Soun of Ogbomosho... And other 1st class oba system in Yoruba.

I don't why dis stuff isn't included in our syllabus atleast under social studies...

OBA is not ADELE... Mrs. Dike (if da info is true) is not Oba buh a caretaker of the throne...
Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jan 04, 2014
grin wher is my nigga doZzybaba?
Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jan 04, 2014
Akure is a no man's land angry grin
Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by omusiliyu(m): 2:15pm On Jan 04, 2014
What a taboo.. It will never happen.. I trust Akureans
Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by Demrich(m): 2:38pm On Jan 04, 2014
Mayor_of_Lagos:

Yoruba women do not wear Babanriga.

Yoruba culture is cognizant of the male/female attributes and duality present in the cosmos and therefore there is no gender discrimination in a woman suited in Agbada if her office calls for it. She is at moment transcendental of her feminine gender.
i suspect u ar a philosopher...

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Bees Attack Mourners At Alaafin Of Oyo's Palace / The Great Songhai Empire / Part Of Igbo Land Where You Mustn’t Kill A Python

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.