Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! (36752 Views)

Atheism And Terrorism; Annihilation in The Quest For Atheistic Domination / 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? / I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by lolaxavier(m): 10:33pm On Jan 04, 2014
2sexy.us:
smh... A woman that carried him for 9 whole months, took care of him at infant, fed him etc does not love him?

You my friend is a devil.

And what is your comment implying? That one should take on a religion to satisfy one's mum...

1 Like

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jan 04, 2014
POPE II: God hates three things/persons hypocrisy/hypocrites, apostasy/apostates, blasphemy/blasphemers .

Don't b a hypocrite, if you don't believe in God and his son don't pretend..thats for your own good

How did you come to know this?
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jan 04, 2014
Your mum must be a gentle woman, she was pleading with you shocked shocked After my mum discovered i was an Atheist, i was still in bed one good morning when some men came into my room. grin grin Mehn come see prayer, casting out devil from who dey sleep... The Pastor just poured heavy "OIL" on my head... i come go vex oo, na there the prayer come worse.. Even my mum was at the corner, shouting "Holy Ghost Fire". cheesy cheesy

Man in case they bring those Prayer warriors to your house, i beg you, don't ever show any sign of aggression... Just relax and let them do their prayer and leave jeje, or else... Someone's gonna get hurt... grin grin

19 Likes

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by oladistinct(m): 10:41pm On Jan 04, 2014
ifeness:

How did you come to know this?
He is the P.A. of his god

2 Likes

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Ishilove: 10:41pm On Jan 04, 2014
libero00:

Then quite bluntly your mother does not love you. If she did, she would respect your beliefs. You are willing to change for her but she is not willing to change for you. Can't you see she is using the tatic of making you feel guilty by inciting fear into you because she's insecure about her religion so she needs to convert you to reassure herself of her salvation?
My advice: tell her the day you go to god, you will go to an early grave as well. Tell her not to worry her salvation is already secure.
I beg you, stick to your belief. Religion has been the cause of many wars in this world.
What kind of demonic advice is this? Apayan jati jati
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by lolaxavier(m): 10:41pm On Jan 04, 2014
At Op...do as your mind tells you...

1 Like

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by ahmstrng(m): 10:44pm On Jan 04, 2014
ATHEISM IS A RELIGION OF ITS OWN
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by SIRANDREWS: 10:51pm On Jan 04, 2014
holamiday: Sir andrews, i cannot stay on the side of equity in matters concerning my knowledge of God. YES...muslims are very lost.
you must be very confused. I suggest u be open minded and seek knowledge

1 Like

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Allboiz: 10:53pm On Jan 04, 2014
Religion is brainwashing so many people, they cannot think outside the box.

Do u know I can give birth and make my child to believe in anything like I am god, stone is god, etc
So tell me if you were born and nobody talk to you, u were just given only food, will u be able to talk, understand talk less of knowing that God exist.

4 Likes

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by deeptesting(m): 10:53pm On Jan 04, 2014
holamiday: okija boy, everything will not always make sense. It's not given to us to understand all, but it's given to us to believe.

What you fear is what you don't understand.... Why would god give you something that you don't understand and yet wants you to believe it? And you believed it....Gosh! Ridiculous.

1 Like

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by DonaldGenes(m): 10:53pm On Jan 04, 2014
libero00:

Then quite bluntly your mother does not love you. If she did, she would respect your beliefs. You are willing to change for her but she is not willing to change for you. Can't you see she is using the tatic of making you feel guilty by inciting fear into you because she's insecure about her religion so she needs to convert you to reassure herself of her salvation?
My advice: tell her the day you go to god, you will go to an early grave as well. Tell her not to worry her salvation is already secure.
I beg you, stick to your belief. Religion has been the cause of many wars in this world.

Point of correction sire, Religion has never cause war.the reverse is the case
It's the heart of men which is wicked,disguise in form of religion that is wrong-
Take me for example- I am a christian,I believe in God and I can feel Him eventhough I haven't seen him
2.I know what is good and what is bad: leveraging on that, I personally can never hurt a fly of wake up and start killing people and now say it is religion that I am fighting for, Hell No, That means I am doing that for my selfish reason which has nothing to do with religion-
Just like saying all muslims are terrorist which is wrong-there are very good muslims who will never kill anyone except the bad people.
That's my honest take for now
Final bullet, Anyone who tell you that there is no God hates you-To be really really candid, if you want to feel God-simply humble yourself and it is simple as AbC,you have nothing to lose Believing God but at the other end- you have a whole lot to lose if you die and not know God-No turning back once you're in The Grave

1 Like

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Ishilove: 10:54pm On Jan 04, 2014
O.T.I.S:
I had this issue with my born-again wife some yrs ago, today she is a staunch atheist.
you don't need to pretend, she needs ur help, to shake off the brainwashing dusts of organized religion. win by actions not argument, be a good example of what you are and always shine like LIGHT in the midst of brainwashed theists, it takes time and patience but its worth it, help her to open her third eyes and see that religion is a scam.

GL
Lol. The bolded is the reason why I will NEVER date or marry an atheist.

Like the late obadiah777 will say: "I aint getting nuked for no gaddem heathen" lwkmd cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jan 04, 2014
SIR ANDREWS: you must be very confused. I suggest u be open minded and seek knowledge
Bro as far as My knowledge of God is concerned, i'm not confused.
I'm quite an open-minded person.
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Ishilove: 11:02pm On Jan 04, 2014
2sexy.us:
smh... A woman that carried him for 9 whole months, took care of him at infant, fed him etc does not love him?

You my friend is a devil.
The bolded, sir, is an undestatement angry
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by oladistinct(m): 11:05pm On Jan 04, 2014
ahmstrng: ATHEISM IS A RELIGION OF ITS OWN
Far from the truth, stop seeing what others hold on to as a replica of what you are engaged in.

1 Like

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Ishilove: 11:06pm On Jan 04, 2014
maryhaam: Allihamdulilahi for my life......this thread thou
My sister ehn, esigbo aluhamdililahi. This thread has got me shuddering in near horror sad
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:10pm On Jan 04, 2014
ahmstrng: ATHEISM IS A RELIGION OF ITS OWN

Sharaap there.
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by liljboy10: 11:10pm On Jan 04, 2014
You only live once!.after dat there is no heaven or hell....ITS JUST death...like u will be NO MORE..just like u werent b4 your mother gave birth to you.......people thinking there is heaven or hell are big fools.....they think if u do bad u'll burn in hell FOREVERwtf...dats trash....
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by DonOms(m): 11:11pm On Jan 04, 2014
GeneralShepherd: Since I officially dumped the idea of a god, I haven't seen my parents. I went home this christmas,it was a wonderful holiday for me,little did I know my mum was hurting deep down inside!

She called me today being the 1st of January 2014 and started telling me how she asked Yahweh to give her a son after she had four girls(who are all married) which He did according to her. She told me how she has barely slept most nights in the pasy year because of my atheism. Also said it might lead her to her early grave if I continue living without god.

My dilemma is I can't pretend about god and the bible,yet I don't want my mum to die or have sleepless nights! When people read the bible the smile on face shows I don't believe any of it, when I try to pray I feel like I'm mad talking to myself or like a kid talking to Barney and friends!

How do I undo what has been done! How do I unknow what I know about god and religion? How do I ignore the inconsistencies?

I love my mum so much and will gladly become a sheeple for her to be happy

While I would have loved to make you see reasons why I know God exists, it is not the question you asked so I will refrain from that path. To answer your questions: You CANNOT undo what has been done and neither can you unlearn or unknow what you claim to know about God.

The inconsistencies you talk about are not what you think they are but only questions which you don't have answers to - just the same way you cannot tell what lie beyond our universe or what lies deep in the earth crust. Man has always asked questions and man has never been satisfied. In the context of question-asking, Prof Freud queried Dr. Jung's ideas as "trying to play God."

Being "sheeple" to make your mum happy is the height of self-deception, although I know that believing in God is not being sheeple even though I cannot say same of religion. In conclusion, unless you have an encounter bigger than your ideologies and mental assertions, you CANNOT undo/unknow/unlearn anything.
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Doyensky: 11:17pm On Jan 04, 2014
Der is only one solution to ur problem.

U nid Jesus!
Find him Asap, b4 its too late, so dt u wnt lose ur mum n ur soul in eternity

1 Like

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jan 04, 2014
Don Oms:

While I would have loved to make you see reasons why I know God exists

You guys just stretch your fingers and write rubbish all over the internet. I have asked you now, please make me see reasons why God exist. Remember "reasons" so i don't need you to read me anything from the bible. Show me reasonable proof that God exist.
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by showby: 11:18pm On Jan 04, 2014
... what?
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:18pm On Jan 04, 2014
Ishilove:
Lol. The bolded is the reason why I will NEVER date or marry an atheist.

Like the late obadiah777 will say: "I aint getting nuked for no gaddem heathen" lwkmd cheesy cheesy

There are many ways to handle issue like this. My babe was like wtf when we were casual friends and having the knowledge that I am an atheist. I told her God is love and she should prove God to me. You know the only thing I can provide is love which is equivalent to God. In short, she acknowledge I'm the best ever but ....she will continue praying for me. Wetin make I do. Fight her? I just have to give her what she want. Even if it is following her to church on invitation. I have my focus which is winning her heart with what I got.

Her parents frowned at me when they knew I am an atheist. It affected our relationship at a point but I employed bible because that is the last thing they are ready to follow. I told them to 1 corinthian 7:13-14 and all went well after then.

*make I reach logicboy abeg. I got some tricks to give him.
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Ishilove: 11:18pm On Jan 04, 2014
I wish I could see the op's mum to speak with her one to one. I would tell her to leave her son be because we war not with the flesh. She should go back to God who gave her that son and ask Him to reveal Himself to the boy. Just one experience with the God that he has rejected and his life will be changed forever.

Op, tell your mum to that she should continue to pray for you and if her God is real, He will reveal Himself. As for you, one day, when you feel inclined to, just casually address the air around you. Say from the depth of your heart: "If you are real Yahweh, show yourself." And leave it that.

You are in for a surprise. It won't be instantaneous, but it will come when you least expect it. wink

1 Like

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jan 04, 2014
rudedough:

You guys just stretch your fingers and write rubbish all over the internet. I have asked you now, please make me see reasons why God exist. Remember "reasons" so i don't need you to read me anything from the bible. Show me reasonable proof that God exist.
Mr Rudedough, do you believe in charms, the supernatural?
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Ishilove: 11:22pm On Jan 04, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

There are many ways to handle issue like this. My babe was like wtf when we were casual friends and having the knowledge that I am an atheist. I told her God is love and she should prove God to me. You know the only thing I can provide is love which is equivalent to God. In short, she acknowledge I'm the best ever but ....she will continue praying for me. Wetin make I do. Fight her? I just have to give her what she want. Even if it is following her to church on invitation. I have my focus which is winning her heart with what I got.

Her parents frowned at me when they knew I am an atheist. It affected our relationship at a point but I employed bible because that is the last thing they are ready to follow. I told them to 1 corinthian 7:13-14 and all went well after then.

*make I reach logicboy abeg. I got some tricks to give him.
You aint an atheist. You worship thunder and lightening tongue
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jan 04, 2014
holamiday: Mr Rudedough, do you believe in charms, the supernatural?

NO!!!!
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Ishilove: 11:22pm On Jan 04, 2014
holamiday: Mr Rudedough, do you believe in charms, the supernatural?
He doesn't. He believes in self
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by lolaxavier(m): 11:23pm On Jan 04, 2014
Doyensky: Der is only one solution to ur problem.

U nid Jesus!
Find him Asap, b4 its too late, so dt u wnt lose ur mum n ur soul in eternity

Mumu talk...
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by obuksjr(m): 11:24pm On Jan 04, 2014
“I would rather live my life as if
there is a God and die to find
out there isn't, than live my life
as if there isn't and die to find
out there is.”
Albert Camus.

2 Likes

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by showby: 11:24pm On Jan 04, 2014
What do you expect from an atheist, a mumu.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Hear What Pope Francis Tells Buhari,other World Leaders / Pandemonium, As Fire Razes Oritsejafor’s Warri Church / Prophet Oladele Genesis Gives Widow Church Offering, Salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.