Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,783 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think (34004 Views)

Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes / Federal Government Is Not Treating Igbo People Right - Yerima / Democracy Or Which System Of Government Is Practice In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by star95(m): 9:27am On Jan 02, 2014
nwaire:
I think the reason some people who can hardly manage their small office and family come online to criticize this rare gem of a governor is bcoz, Lagos state government has not driven dem back to their poor and clueless governors where they come from, then mandate them to com into the state only through a visa with a development bond of $3k (yes in their country as they may want to claim) funny enough many of this people may even be tax evaders, Lagos is bad Lagos is bad toll dis toll dat, go back to ur state NO, appreciate the work done and encourage to do more NO, just because of the dirty N200 u spend @ d toll u tink u are doin anybody a favour, u want investors right? U tink investors are father chrismass?
'OUR MONEY OUR MONEY'
Who told you u kept any money in LASG pocket
Some Nigerians are just comedians

You Are So On Point
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by rhymz(m): 9:28am On Jan 02, 2014
Lagos is arguably the most populated state, however, it is not enough to stretch its population to 20million people, that is obviously an exaggeration. Let's not forget that because of its small landmass, the population density of Lagos is bound to be very high and thus give the false impression that its population is probably over such preposterous figures.

While a very high population can be very problematic, it also has its positives which many of the posts thus far have uncannily ignored.
In fact, Lagos is the biggest beneficiary of high population in this country, from taxes and countless levies- both legal and illegal- to investment considerations all of which are a result of the high population of Lagos.

It can not be denied that Fashola has been very exceptional and by Nigeria's standards he has done very well and is still doing very well, however, the biggest problem of Lagos state is in the way it manages its funds, there is a very dizzying amount of unannounced waste of funds going on in the government of Lagos state occassioned by the corruption of gidfatherism.

Many of the elitist project we see in Lagos have largely been fuelled by the need to corruptly enrich these godfathers not neccessarily because they have any direct benefits to the common folks in Lagos state even though they are the ones feeling the brunt of LSG multiple taxes, demolitions and forceful eviction and relocation.

Fashola is trying very well no doubt, but the political hangers-on and parasites in the corridors of power he can't seem to say no to are making his efforts look like a mere average attempt. He is still by far the best performer for me, perhaps because he has the advantage of a way bigger monthly IGR with which he can hinge his plans for the state on, a luxury many of the other state governments does not have.

In conclusion, Lagos state can do way better than it is presently doing if the waste can be limited to a considerable extent and its projects focuses more on basic infrastructures like low cost housing, better link roads, better water supply network, more qualitative state primary and secondary schools.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by star95(m): 9:31am On Jan 02, 2014
[quote author=me_for_you]Fashola is a failure in capital letters. All these osundefenders should go and sit down. Typical Yoruba attitude - suffering and smiling.
Worst is that yorubas don't have culture. That's why an ijebu man from Ogun state will live in lagos, marry in lagos, die and get buried in a lagos cemetery. Shame.[/quote

This is daft.
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by Exponental(m): 9:43am On Jan 02, 2014
Uyi Iredia: Na me talk am ! And I no bring pics or evidence. That is up to you to decide. The Lagos state govt. is just better than other states. In fact, there is only so much a state govt. can do in a centralized power structure like Nigeria's but despite the progress we've recorded under Tinubu (who Fashola is a godson to and an extension of) what do we still have:

* On the whole, a very poorly planned urban centre. Estates are the exception to this but the prevalence of stalls or shops besides open gutters (attimes sewage). The almost useless ministry of physical and town planning which couldn't curtail collapsed buildings last year. Need I say more.

* Lack of cheap mortage or low-cost housing. At the risk of underestimating, it appears since Tinubu has made nonsense of Jakande's example in this regard. For those who don't know, Jakande is said to be the brains behind the forgotten low-cost estates at Ajah which are STILL uncompleted projects. We know Fashola for harassing slum dwellers, not a few were hurt by his policies. Slums will always remain as long as economic exploitation and the rich-poor gap remain. They are a symptom that society has problems, not just problems. I find it funny that LASG claims to have made housing accessible whereas it obvious the LASG has built few, if any, low-cost housing schemes.

* Roads still poor. Yes, a lot has been done by LASG in this regard but em not much. I say so even tho' there has rehabilatation of College road (linking to Iju road) in my area. Lagos has a dense network of roads given its population. And many are still in bad shape, especially those linking main roads, or those on the outskirts of the state. There are many. Even TVC_which Tinubu owns_shows them in a grassroots governance program.

* State schools still in bad shape. In truth, the state has a looong way to go in this area. Teachers still receive paltry sums. I was discussing last year (yesterday) with a former lesson teacher of mine. She said some new teachers get paid #10-15k monthly. Her school she teaches is not in good shape. In fact, forgetting the Millenium school at Oshodi which is airbrushed to show state achievements, and some haphazard renovations here and there, some even by concerned citizens. The state school infrastructure is still comatose. And BTW why did LASU students have to still be on strike despite the fact Fashola increased their fees ? That's mismanagement on LASG's part.

* Under-performing waste management. Lagos state has done well under Tinubu waste-wise. Tho' I wonder whether that is part of whitewashing the state. It's like what I did as a kid when told to sweep when I was lazy too. I will sweep the dust and hide under the carpet. Hide trash behind or under chairs etc. Just to make it seem neat when no real cleaning was done. Waste management is important because it keeps places clean. Poor waste management has resulted in flooding due to drainages blocked with waste.

PS: People have said the salary of teachers is higher than the one I stated. My mistake.
all ur points above can be defended under d lagos state registration exercise.
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by Afam4eva(m): 9:45am On Jan 02, 2014
Whoever says fashola hasn't done anything should have themselves checked. Even in my area which isn't even a highbrow area, i can see the changes especially in roads and walkways. Though i also think the achievements are overestimated and that is because for long, Lagosians had not experienced visible developments.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by whitecat007: 9:49am On Jan 02, 2014
We dont need ibos to buy anything in Lagos. We can always sell to the Hausas or other nationals who want to do business in Yorubaland. But first we must clean the ibos out and let others come in. You must stay in your states whether you like it or not. You do not have up to 1 million people left in iboland and yet you can't keep your mouth shut. You will have no choice than to face what is driving you out of your land since the only part you are now welcome is being trampled on. You will soon engage in your road running race when the north get super hot, west will lock its door, lets see where you vagabonds will head.

GentleMimi:
Oh keep mute already! Why wldn't they keep up wif the shiit we dish out? We pay them to do so! *sorry,uncalled for*
But the truth of the matter is that if the yorubas decide that they will not do business with other tribes,they will suffer it. Who pays the bill? ''Dn't rent out to igbos''...indeed. Una go tire when poverty don kiss u small.Even after buying their lands,we still pay their jobless ''omonile'' for every phase of the building process.
Business men who are successful do not involve sentiments....u will make a very poor business man.You are too emotional in terms of tribe and culture.Free your mind and learn to appreciate constructive criticism!

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by luvinhubby(m): 9:52am On Jan 02, 2014
Afam4eva: Whoever says fashola hasn't done anything should have themselves checked. Even in my area which isn't even a highbrow area, i can see the changes especially in roads and walkways. Though i also think the achievements are overestimated and that is because for long, Lagosians had not experienced visible developments.
Do an overall assessment, with a budget of close to $4 billion and a GDP of over $200 billion, can it be said that the developments in Lagos equates the financial statu, my answer is a capital NO !
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by mrakin(m): 9:52am On Jan 02, 2014
As a staff of LS, am not allowed to criticize my boss but to key into his vision. However, in my own oppinion I give him 60%.
Concerning education, there is need for most of the secondary schools to be given renovation and new buildings. Education should not be free for all. A token of at least #3000 per term should be collected for regristration. If education sector generates money for govt, i know it will get better facilities. Federal govt schools are not free, they are affordable.
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by Afam4eva(m): 9:54am On Jan 02, 2014
luvinhubby:
Do an overall assessment, with a budget of close to $4 billion and a GDP of over $200 billion, can it be said that the developments in Lagos equates the financial statu, my answer is a capital NO !
That's why i said his achievement is overestimated but they're still visible.
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by Nobody: 10:00am On Jan 02, 2014
anonimi:

Which census showed that 20m for Lagos STATE

Honestly, 20 million might be on the low side. From what I've seen so far, it might be up to 30 million. I know what a city with 10 million dwellers looks like. Lagos, especially the mainland is a humanitarian crisis.

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by UyiIredia(m): 10:01am On Jan 02, 2014
rman: The biggest project in Lagos is not even on the island, so why are people always saying Fashola only cares about the rich?

There's an element of truth in that. Free Trade zones, huge land scale reclamation for high brow estates (where flooding prevention structures and cheaper estates will be better. Have you seen the ridiculous prices in thise estates BTW) and a suspension bridge

rman: Is the BRT scheme targeted at the rich?

The scheme is good and is a positive from the govt.

rman: Are the functioning street lights on mainland for the rich?

Many are decoration. I have seen some that work (eg Pen-Cinema, Ikeja). I have seen some that have NEVER lighted. Ask any College road resident whether they have used our street light.

rman: Are the numerous health centres and massive update on teaching hospitals for the rich?

It's like you missed a poster who showed a dilapidated hospital. I may fetch ot for you. The LASG has done quite well in that regard but trust me in a dense place like Lagos. To show how bad it is, despite the Recent renovation of Ifako-Ijaiye General Hospital near my house it's still LASUTH my family uses.

rman: Is the face lift done to public schools in Lagos done for the rich?

Few.

rman: Is the uncompleted light rail project for the rich?

It isn't. But here is another place where this govt showed it's bad side. My father and a few others lost their properties with the govt. Iinsisting right of way on a land that belongs to the FG through NRC; which they LASG also appropriated money from in form of levies during and after development. If the LASG is not in court it is because I have better things to do.

rman: Are the numerous inner roads in surulere, Ikeja etc for the rich?

You really are partial. There are doubly many border towns with poor roads. There are also roads in Ikeja poorly maintained or undone, there is one that links Adeniyi Jones Str through Guinness (tho it's being done but damn ! How many years ! I grew up watching the road from my early teens when I first noticed the contrusction). It is a shortcut to Ikeja from Ogba.

rman: There is no way you would not have problems to be solved in any state, be it roads, health care, education, housing etc.

If Fashola's achievement is hailed as excellent besudes tge best cities in the world which they love tondo esp. population wise then you have to compare with the world's best cities. I have and found him wanting.

rman: Saying a government that has made considerable effort in changing the outlook of a complex state like Lagos, has done nothing lacks a little objectivity.

Must objectivity be in the form of comolemebts.nIt can come in the form of criticism.

rman: In fact, ACN now APC owes it's popularity in southwest to Fashola. Residents in neighboring states like Ogun and Oyo voted for ACN candidates because they could see significant difference in the only ACN state, which was Lagos.

True. Their performance has been better than PDP actually. Tho' I don't know why una dey celebrate Fashola as if na only him. Enough people dey who fit do better. If Jimi Agbaje manages to clinch the APC candicacy (or any other) my vote is his.
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by GentleMimi: 10:01am On Jan 02, 2014
Afam4eva: Whoever says fashola hasn't done anything should have themselves checked. Even in my area which isn't even a highbrow area, i can see the changes especially in roads and walkways. Though i also think the achievements are overestimated and that is because for long, Lagosians had not experienced visible developments.
Dude,relax. Most peeps here are not saying BRF has done nofin...the argument is that his actions and achievements have been overhyped.Its unarguable that ''some'' parts of Lagos have recieved some changes and the impact of his governorship,so also is it that many areas are yet to do so.
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by mrborntodoit: 10:04am On Jan 02, 2014
I took my time to read all the comments and I must confess that I am impressed with the way some people think and type with wisdom . However,I am disappointed with the people whom don't see above their nose . Take for example someone who supports anything has to do with a particular political party of his choice without giving it a second thought simply because the party and it's founders are his kinsmen . I am also disappointed with the people whom have not deemed it fit to ask themselves why Lagos that generates the highest income in Nigeria isnt as developed as a 1st world city .

From my own point of view, nigerians deserve the kind of treatment they are getting from their political slave masters , Why? Good question . Firstly, An average Nigerian has 0% contribution to the society and he expects to be treated like a tax payer . Secondly, we have resorted to tribalism as our daily consolation price instead of facing the reality that these politigood thieves have turned us against each other and while we are busy hating each other, they are enriching themselves .

Have you ever asked yourself ( in the name of whatever you believe in ) why Nigeria has no steady power supply? Good roads coupled with a good transportation system ? An educational system that wouldn't keep our kids at home instead of working hand in hand with the govt to find a lasting solution to our backdated universities? A social security system that makes sure that the tax payer money is equally being introduced back into the economy in form of social aides ,welfare , health and financial support for scholars,the homeless and the down trodden and even for the rich as well as the moderate?
The aforementioned is not impossible and it isn't too much for a Nigerian to enjoy .

Fashola is doing his best and same for Good luck Jonathan . If you as a citizen can't see it then who will? Why crucify GEJ and praise BRF? Simply because of tribal differences? As for me, they are both thieves .

Nigerians should make their demands come 2015 and he who the cap fits , will win .
All the bitterness you all have should be converted to energy that will reunite Nigerians and improve Nigeria by asking for simple things . The people never give these political snipers targets, they offer you their own clueless targets and after much bribery, you elect them into office and expect them to serve you then you result to tearing yourselves up with tribalism and discrimination forgetting how the upcoming ones are going to pay dearly for today's neglect.

I left Nigeria for good and I am sure that as you are reading this, you might as well be nursing a plan to escape. I struggled and made it in Nigeria and decided that I too will study abroad like the kids of these our leaders . Yes, I am self made without any support from the govt or family members .

Nigerians should ignore tribalism so they can clearly see and understand how their lives are being wasted . People die everyday and same way people are born daily but tell me, do you think you will live forever to witness the miraculous change that might come in 2 ?

Last Bomb: since the govt is to serve the people, why don't we unite and clear this problems instead of resulting to e-wars, tribalism and claiming of lands, someone even had the effrontery to call his own country men immigrants . No be small English ..

3 Likes

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by Nobody: 10:05am On Jan 02, 2014
anonimi:

How about London for only oyinbo people
Is your comment smart at all?

London is technically for the oyinbo and the rich. There's gentrification going on everywhere in London and the face of London is changing everyday. I believe in 20 years time, the face of London would change. White people are moving back to London. Also, London was already built up before people started moving in - and the indigenous people own everything in the city - apart from the mortgage houses. The land is the most important thing.
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by GentleMimi: 10:05am On Jan 02, 2014
whitecat007: We dont need ibos to buy anything in Lagos. We can always sell to the Hausas or other nationals who want to do business in Yorubaland. But first we must clean the ibos out and let others come in. You must stay in your states whether you like it or not. You do not have up to 1 million people left in iboland and yet you can't keep your mouth shut. You will have no choice than to face what is driving you out of your land since the only part you are now welcome is being trampled on. You will soon engage in your road running race when the north get super hot, west will lock its door, lets see where you vagabonds will head.

*Yawns*
Kiddo,engage me in a more intelligent brawl of words when u grow up.I feel like i'm communicating wif a child.Did u even read ur comment?
*rolls eyes,sneezes and farts*...excuse me.
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by Nobody: 10:07am On Jan 02, 2014
Even New York is changing with gentrification. White people are now moving back to places that used to be mecca to black people - and black folks are being pushed out of the city.
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by Nobody: 10:11am On Jan 02, 2014
patmaine: ..
u re making excuses for fashola..ve u been to ogba...ve u been to okota,, alaba then surulere side. bro forget.... fashola stopped working long time ago...

Not making excuses for him. I'll probably go check things for myself. However, the population vis-a-vis the meagre money that the Lagos state government has to work with doesn't measure up. There's little £2 billion can do in one fiscal year, to cater for the gigantic population in Lagos. Someone needs to help Lagos.
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by whitecat007: 10:12am On Jan 02, 2014
Is your mother still alive? If so you need to go and quickly grab that thing you forgot in her womb it will make a whole lot of difference between what you said now and what you will say when you screw the mixing nuts back into your head.

niyitogun: Wow! Am impressed! Seeing such constructive posts and comments on NL (except the childish go back to your state, who is your own governor posts)...Nice one UYI and also the moderator who moved this to the front page, couldn't agree with you more going by the amount of internal revenue generated and federal allocation to Lagos. Happy 2014.
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by mrborntodoit: 10:14am On Jan 02, 2014
shymexx:

Not making excuses for him. I'll probably go check things for myself. However, the population vis-a-vis the meagre money that the Lagos state government has to work with doesn't measure up. There's little £2 billion can do in one fiscal year, to cater for the gigantic population in Lagos. Someone needs to help Lagos.

If honestly and properly managed, £2billion will change everything in Lagos. £2billion is not N2billion so use you calculator .
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by Nobody: 10:16am On Jan 02, 2014
eaglechild:
You are very ignorant,
Your once "beautiful" city that has been the country's capital for years without which it would have just been another slum.

In any case what all mega cities have in common is diversity.

If you want an all Lagos Yorobar, no need to look too far, just down the road is a slum named Ibadan and not far off is oshogbo, that is your all Yorobar Lagos.

The former capital nonsense is sickening and overrated. The city was thriving before Nigeria.

Can you list what the FG built in Lagos and let's compare it with what was there before Nigeria; what the Western region built in the larger parts of Lagos that were never part of capital; what the Lagos state government and private sector built after the capital was moved to Abuja?
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by Nobody: 10:18am On Jan 02, 2014
mr_born_todo_it:

If honestly and properly managed, £2billion will change everything in Lagos. £2billion is not N2billion so use you calculator .

How would it change anything with excessive pressure the population is putting on infrastructures? How about demand and the need to supply, thereby affecting the quality?

For Lagos to improve - the population has to be reduced by at least half.
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by meforyou1(m): 10:19am On Jan 02, 2014
whitecat007: You just have to lie to make sense. Any Yoruba that's buried in Lagos is from Lagos and the ones you see taken to other towns are going home too. Yoruba culture demands the dead be buried with their ancestors. Ibos only send their dead home for consumption. Spot the difference?
then pls tell me. Why was my colleague who was from ondo state and was even working in abuja and died in abuja buried at ikoyi cemetery?
I have a friend in Ilorin, who's actually from kabba. 4 girls and 3 boys, all married in Ilorin. None has ever stepped home. I don't even think their father knows the road to his ancestor's home.
Yoruba doesn't have culture joor, you marry anywhere and get buried where u are residing.
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by mrborntodoit: 10:19am On Jan 02, 2014
whitecat007: Is your mother still alive? If so you need to go and quickly grab that thing you forgot in her womb it will make a whole lot of difference between what you said now and what you will say when you screw the mixing nuts back into your head.

What has name calling got to do with the thread . You also said something childish on Igbo not buying anything in Lagos . I am sure you must have grown up with bitter people . I am Igbo and I support fashola . I don't expect you to do the same but please save the name calling and referring to people's parents simply because you are hiding behind a phone or computer. Can you challenge him to his face? Come on, stop these bull crap and learn how to socialize . This is a social network and not an anti-social one . Are you a learner?
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by rckdude: 10:20am On Jan 02, 2014
me_for_you: Fashola is a failure in capital letters. All these osundefenders should go and sit down. Typical Yoruba attitude - suffering and smiling.
Worst is that yorubas don't have culture. That's why an ijebu man from Ogun state will live in lagos, marry in lagos, die and get buried in a lagos cemetery. Shame.

And what your culture teaches you is to come to another man's land and become a destitute, make a nuisance of the land and when its time for your demise, your culture tells you to "go and die" in your village abi?

And if you people keep thinking Ibadan, Akeru, Oshogbo and the likes are slums, then what do u say about Aba and Onitsha? Yes its a commercial centre, but those 2 cities stink to high heaven. That's the problem fashola has with Alaba, Ladipo and co. You people mess up every where, you don't know the meaning of sanitation. As long as the money flows nothing else matters and when fashola tries to bring some sanity to these places; you all play the "igbo hater" card.
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by whitecat007: 10:21am On Jan 02, 2014
I'm sure you are scared and thinking could this actually happen, yes it could, so be very afraid.
GentleMimi:
*Yawns*
Kiddo,engage me in a more intelligent brawl of words when u grow up.I feel like i'm communicating wif a child.Did u even read ur comment?
*rolls eyes,sneezes and farts*...excuse me.

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by UyiIredia(m): 10:22am On Jan 02, 2014

Agreed. I even post a picture of ongoing work in my area. But trust me. Many main roads are yet done, and for many cul-de-sacs, adjoining roads; they are in POOR condition. I didn't say he has done nothing. It's just that it isn't all that good, even when you factor in the constraints the our pretensive FG system poses. We are just to used to poor leadership we celebrate average jobs.

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by GentleMimi: 10:24am On Jan 02, 2014
whitecat007: Is your mother still alive? If so you need to go and quickly grab that thing you forgot in her womb it will make a whole lot of difference between what you said now and what you will say when you screw the mixing nuts back into your head.

Shut up,child! You do not have to bring in such lousy statement into this discussion.Leave his mum and her womb out of it. As i said earlier,u sound juvenile. Grow up ! You do not have to resort to degradatory comments to get ur points across! Sheesh.
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by GentleMimi: 10:25am On Jan 02, 2014
whitecat007: I'm sure you are scared and thinking could this actually happen, yes it could, so be very afraid.
Looool! This dude is pathetic! I laugh at ur exhibition of immaturity.
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by UyiIredia(m): 10:26am On Jan 02, 2014
rckdude:

And what your culture teaches you is to come to another man's land and become a destitute, make a nuisance of the land and when its time for your demise, your culture tells you to "go and die" in your village abi?

And if you people keep thinking Ibadan, Akeru, Oshogbo and the likes are slums, then what do u say about Aba and Onitsha? Yes its a commercial centre, but those 2 cities stink to high heaven. That's the problem fashola has with Alaba, Ladipo and co. You people mess up every where, you don't know the meaning of sanitation. As long as the money flows nothing else matters and when fashola tries to bring some sanity to these places; you all play the "igbo hater" card.

Calabar is clean. Even cleaner than Lagos. So I've been told by someone who went there.
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by meforyou1(m): 10:28am On Jan 02, 2014
shymexx:

The former capital nonsense is sickening and overrated. The city was thriving before Nigeria.

Can you list what the FG built in Lagos and let's compare it with what was there before Nigeria; what the Western region built in the larger parts of Lagos that were never part of capital; what the Lagos state government and private sector built after the capital was moved to Abuja?
sharap, lagos was a benin kingdom military outpost before the invasion of white men and freed Brazilian slaves.
Lagos from time immemorial has always been a no-man's land. Ruled by the British since 19th century and handed over to Nigeria at independence.
Lagos has never been part of western region so how could western regional govt have built anything there.
And believe it or not, my grandfathers built lagos much more than your fathers did. And that's why we must be there to watch over our hard-earned investment.

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by whitecat007: 10:30am On Jan 02, 2014
You are making shitt up. You don't sound like anyone with Yoruba friends. You are just crazy.
me_for_you: then pls tell me. Why was my colleague who was from ondo state and was even working in abuja and died in abuja buried at ikoyi cemetery?
I have a friend in Ilorin, who's actually from kabba. 4 girls and 3 boys, all married in Ilorin. None has ever stepped home. I don't even think their father knows the road to his ancestor's home.
Yoruba doesn't have culture joor, you marry anywhere and get buried where u are residing.
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by Nobody: 10:30am On Jan 02, 2014
Uyi Iredia:

Calabar is clean. Even cleaner than Lagos. So I've been told by someone who went there.

However, how many people live there? The size of Cross River is 20,156 km² compared to Lagos' 996 km². That's about 21 times the size of Lagos, with about 3 million people, compared to Lagos' 20 million.

You can't compare the two places.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Osinbajo In Asaba For Delta Economic & Investment Summit (Photos) / APC Lawmakers Want Decisive Action Against 37 APC Defectors / Gunmen Destroy Cars & Other Properties Of Sit-At-Home Violators In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.