Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,440 members, 7,830,203 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? - Satellite TV Technology (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? (350957 Views)

Is There Anything Special About The Q-SAT Decoder? / Q-sat HD Decoder Aka Queen Hd / Dish Sizes For Diff. Satellites Receivable Within The West African Sub Region (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (132) (Go Down)

Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by jahstech: 8:52pm On Aug 18, 2014
mothug167: How do I renew my q sat
How many days do you have left for the server to expire?
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by jahstech: 8:53pm On Aug 18, 2014
How many days do you have for the server to expire?
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by jahstech: 8:55pm On Aug 18, 2014
kadree:
​☺ķªª¥ gud.m clared nw. a guy told me its impossible for it to wrk witout subscribing a data plan.I sent U̶̲̥̅̊ a mail,pls kindly reply my .nagode n tnk u
Pls all mails should go to jahstech4000@gmail.com before I can reply them, tnx.
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by jahstech: 9:03pm On Aug 18, 2014
If your days to expiration is close, send me a mail let me get you up to date with the technicalities involved
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by davodyguy: 9:10pm On Aug 18, 2014
EMMAACHILE: Recommended router TL-MR3020 3G/4G (N7,495 only) See link below
http://www./tp-link-n150-3g-4g-wireless-portable-router-78588.html
Dlink 125 usb adapter was about N3500 and not the N1500 I earlier said. It is also scarce to comeby. Dlink 125 usb adapter is still available in Jumia if still interested http://www./d-link-wireless-n-150-usb-adapters-34733.html
The One of N1500 is the pci dlink adapter used inside a desktop pc and not useful to this thread.
I just ordered one from the link below. I saw one in my friends house today and it was superb. High speed connection and he uses it to power all devices in his house like a laptop, a tablet, his mobile phone, a skybox decoder with a Mini x4
It works in three modes by a simple switch
3g/4g Mode means you insert a modem into it and it creates a wireless access point and internet can also be gotten through the lan port at the back to your device or to another wireless router like the dlink 615
This will be the recommended mode for a decoder but you still need a usb modem. See attached images
Ap Mode
Ap mode converts a lan broadband access to wireless. It will be useful to company staff and workers where you dont have wireless access but lan cable connection
WISP mode: WISP stands for Wireless Internet Service Provider.
WISP router mode is simply a mode where your wireless adapter acts as both client and WAN port.
See Video review here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3_QmYtxK8g
Great post my guy. it's cos of you I still visit this thread. I got another Dlink 125 this evening for N3000. I thought my boy wanted to cheat cos I believe its 1.5k according to what you said. I now have 2 dlinks. The A1 1.00 and the A3 1.50. The TP link would have made more sense if it accepts Sim card directly like the mobile MIFI dongle. I'm using my phone as hotspot now, which I'm not really enjoying

2 Likes

Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by Deeni131: 9:50pm On Aug 18, 2014
jahstech:
How many days do you have left for the server to expire?

I have 319 days now . Sometime it subtrct two calander days in a day. It gvs me scramble channel all the tym and hardly connect to server . I'm usin MTN sim card with credit .
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by jahstech: 10:00pm On Aug 18, 2014
Deeni131:

I have 319 days now . Sometime it subtrct two calander days in a day. It gvs me scramble channel all the tym and hardly connect to server . I'm usin MTN sim card with credit .
Your issues can be resolved, you don't need to load another account. Send me your number through my mail, I will guide you on what to do.
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by Malix: 10:15pm On Aug 18, 2014
Deeni131:

Stop botherin abt acct now,your acct ll expire next year

1 Like

Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by Deeni131: 10:18pm On Aug 18, 2014
sheunpompey1: Using my BBZ10 as hotspot while I am using TPLink wireless modem on my QSAT... Very OK for now...

How much did u buy TPlink ?
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by lanre2009: 10:23pm On Aug 18, 2014
To all gurus in the house, i am experiencing too much freezing on my queen (23g), i use mtn sim with mtn fastlink modem (e303), is there anyway of solving the freezing issues. I would appreciate any advice, thanks

2 Likes

Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Aug 18, 2014
davodyguy: Great post my guy. it's cos of you I still visit this thread. I got another Dlink 125 this evening for N3000. I thought my boy wanted to cheat cos I believe its 1.5k according to what you said. I now have 2 dlinks. The A1 1.00 and the A3 1.50. The TP link would have made more sense if it accepts Sim card directly like the mobile MIFI dongle. I'm using my phone as hotspot now, which I'm not really enjoying

Your new rev A3 would work on your Strong. Congrats.

Thank you for the compliment. I understand what you are saying but i decided to order this for a reason
I have tested a direct 3g sim router the huawei b970 at home some months before and the performance was very poor. I dont know whether it is my area as anytime i link it to my pc, it was breaking and freezing. It failed on all network.

This one I posted above can be configured even with the apn and upgraded online through the home site and was amazing fast. My friend takes his wifi router and modem with him whenever he goes on a journey and I was really impressed by the performance. My 6 inch phone was downloading at an average of 384KB/s

I would take the TP-Link Wireless N 150 Router over any mifi device and they come at the same price. With the tplink, you only need a usb modem which I have 2 and an rj45 cable for the Lan if you still want to use cable to connect to your device

1 Like

Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by Adned28: 10:28pm On Aug 18, 2014
Yes what you just said is true and am experiencing the same issue on my Q23G nilesat.Code 43...Working but not stable.I have reboot it so many times but still the same,i hope not just us,i am sure other too are having the same issues.
lanre2009: To all gurus in the house, i am experiencing too much freezing on my queen (23g), i use mtn sim with mtn fastlink modem (e303), is there anyway of solving the freezing issues. I would appreciate any advice, thanks

1 Like

Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Aug 18, 2014
jahstech:
Your issues can be resolved, you don't need to load another account. Send me your number through my mail, I will guide you on what to do.
Why direct people to your email on such a simple matter?

4 Likes

Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Aug 18, 2014
Adned28: Yes what you just said is true and am experiencing the same issue on my Q23G nilesat.Code 43...Working but not stable.I have reboot it so many times but still the same,i hope not just us,i am sure other too are having the same issues.
Some call me prophet of doom! The throne of the queen is under fire.

1 Like

Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by Malix: 10:32pm On Aug 18, 2014
If u bought ur decoder this year(new),your account should expire next year except u bought a fairly used box.qsat comes wit 1year preloaded avatarcam account. I have heard cases whr people dat still ve valid account in their boxes were sold same account they ve runninig in their boxes n dats very bad

1 Like

Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by jahstech: 10:34pm On Aug 18, 2014
EMMAACHILE:
Why direct people to your email on such a simple matter?
Cos I prefer guiding them via whatsapp and it won't be wise to just drop phone numbers openly, of course you knw and I knw.
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by jahstech: 10:39pm On Aug 18, 2014
Adned28: Yes what you just said is true and am experiencing the same issue on my Q23G nilesat.Code 43...Working but not stable.I have reboot it so many times but still the same,i hope not just us,i am sure other too are having the same issues.
For the Qsat that has stability issues try to get the code your Qsat has, pls mention the first 2 digits, so I can find out if it is just yours that has that problem or is a general problem.
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by jahstech: 10:44pm On Aug 18, 2014
I don't knw about the doom some are talking about, for once I wasn't happy with my qsat, that is for the Chelsea Burnley match, the freeze rate was too much, but all these while, the highest freeze rate I have had when viewing a live match is 3 in an entire match, that surely is good value for money, so what's the DOOM people are talking about?

2 Likes

Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Aug 18, 2014
Malix: If u bought ur decoder this year(new),your account should expire next year except u bought a fairly used box.qsat comes wit 1year preloaded avatarcam account. I have heard cases whr people dat still ve valid account in their boxes were sold same account they ve runninig in their boxes n dats very bad
Long time
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by jahstech: 10:57pm On Aug 18, 2014
Let's see, have I really missed anything this season? Not really, thanks to the Queen, I watch the last 10minutes of Man U's game, the Man City game, Liverpool game, Arsenal game, Everton's game, today Chelsea's game and also a little of Barca's game with Leon, I don't think am actually loosing out, the Queen remains in its throne, haters should pipe down!!!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by ayoqueen: 11:21pm On Aug 18, 2014
jahstech:
For the Qsat that has stability issues try to get the code your Qsat has, pls mention the first 2 digits, so I can find out if it is just yours that has that problem or is a general problem.
Mine is code 45** and it has been unstable today but its worse this evening. Help check if its general, I have changed sim cards several time but same issue
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by jonesin(f): 11:27pm On Aug 18, 2014
Q11G usb modem not found any idea?
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by Jessewizy(m): 11:28pm On Aug 18, 2014
EMMAACHILE:
Some call me prophet of doom! The throne of the queen is under fire.
Yea!! True
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by sirjake: 11:42pm On Aug 18, 2014
As far As Am concerned, queen is the best so far and Am enjoying every moment of it. If you are a prophet of Satan or god of war, we care less. aside acamhd, tv1 is the next big thing on the queen. I love the queen and how she feeds her children!

3 Likes

Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by jonesin(f): 11:46pm On Aug 18, 2014
jonesin: Q11G usb modem not found any idea?

any idea b4 i go bed
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by Jessewizy(m): 11:55pm On Aug 18, 2014
sirjake: As far As Am concerned, queen is the best so far and Am enjoying every moment of it. If you are a prophet of Satan or god of war, we care less. aside acamhd, tv1 is the next big thing on the queen. I love the queen and how she feeds her children!
Lmao!!! U funny my guy

3 Likes

Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by jahstech: 2:43am On Aug 19, 2014
jonesin:

any idea b4 i go bed
Even if u have the latest software for ur Qsat, look for the software and install it on your Qsat again, if u want all your settings and channels to remain thesame, backup your setting and restore the setting after you have finished the upgrading of the Queen.
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by jahstech: 2:53am On Aug 19, 2014
ayoqueen: Mine is code 45** and it has been unstable today but its worse this evening. Help check if its general, I have changed sim cards several time but same issue
That's true for all code 45 this evening, it was really bad, but everything I said about my own queen means am enjoying it cos am using a modem, so I advice you get a modem too, cos except for the general problem it had during the Chelsea game I have been reli enjoying my Qsat. Since yours is also code 45, you should pay close attention to my comment cos I would often tell you when there are issues with it so you don't worry that much, but for now get yourself a modem so you can enjoy some degree of stability like I am enjoying.
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by lanre2009: 3:11am On Aug 19, 2014
jahstech:
That's true for all code 45 this evening, it was really bad, but everything I said about my own queen means am enjoying it cos am using a modem, so I advice you get a modem too, cos except for the general problem it had during the Chelsea game I have been reli enjoying my Qsat. Since yours is also code 45, you should pay close attention to my comment cos I would often tell you when there are issues with it so you don't worry that much, but for now get yourself a modem so you can enjoy some degree of stability like I am enjoying.

Mine is also code 45*** and i use it with mtn modem (e303 with mtn sim) though the modem is still locked to the mtn network. Not only did i experience freezing during the chelsea vs burnley match, i have been experiencing freezing on it since last week no matter the station i am watching any idea to solve this stability issues will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by jahstech: 3:32am On Aug 19, 2014
lanre2009:

Mine is also code 45*** and i use it with mtn modem (e303 with mtn sim) though the modem is still locked to the mtn network. Not only did i experience freezing during the chelsea vs burnley match, i have been experiencing freezing on it since last week no matter the station i am watching any idea to solve this stability issues will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
What is the freeze rate of yours? Mine is not that much
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by lanre2009: 3:36am On Aug 19, 2014
jahstech:
What is the freeze rate of yours? Mine is not that much
Like one freeze every 5 to 10mins.....and i just installed it last week friday......thanks
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by jahstech: 3:41am On Aug 19, 2014
lanre2009:
Like one freeze every 5 to 10mins.....and i just installed it last week friday......thanks
That's much, I watched mine all through the day before the chelsea game and it was up to like 35 or 40 minutes before it freezes. Check which network has the best 3g network in your area and try using other networks apart from just the mtn
, if you have not cracked your modem, you can try using gprs and try all the networks you have. Also check your software version so I can know if it is up to date

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (132)

All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b / All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.