Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! (33974 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / Dearest Nigerians, People Are Suffering.. Read This! / Marital Infidelity, Divorce, And The Untold Story Of Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by pickabeau1: 12:45pm On Jan 07, 2014
paris10:

Your husband would have the right to claim compensation from you and share in your assets if you were found to have initiated the divorce.

whats the significance of the initiating party...

What if she initiated the divorce due to spousal abuse or infidelity
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by coogar: 12:55pm On Jan 07, 2014
Arial.bold:

GBAM. Feminism is the solution to the problem. all the submission and dependence on men will not help her once is is being kicked to the curb.
female children are being raised to be dependent on men. to see men as their king and protector. and what if these men don't treat them right? the woman becomes a destitute on d street or resort to selling her body because she has nothing else to sustain herself.

in western nations, we are approaching a point where women are the breadwinner in 50% of all households. This is how things should be. I look forward to d day when both men and women will be affected by divorce. instead of women only bearing the financial brunt.

you gotta love how these deluded feminists bandy statistics. 50% of which households have females as breadwinners? how many of this 50% are single mothers?

close to 2/3 of that 50% are single moms. if a single mother isn't the breadwinner, who would be? her children? by the time you narrow it down to the fact that majority of them are receiving alimony from their babydaddys & ex-husbands then the statistic is nothing to wow about!

4 Likes

Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by sensaraj(f): 1:07pm On Jan 07, 2014
paris10:

Your husband would have the right to claim compensation from you and share in your assets if you were found to have initiated the divorce.

what if anything happen to me (or us) now, is the children from ex wife going to share from my property cos their dad has none
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by bukatyne(f): 1:08pm On Jan 07, 2014
pickabeau1: what the... impressive

Excellent post!

Thanks

I am not a lady who believes she is equal to men and still have entitlement mentality.

I like to earn my respect and dues because they are not lying around anywhere

Like I said, I do not grasp the concept of divorce settlement

2 Likes

Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by pickabeau1: 1:14pm On Jan 07, 2014
bukatyne:

I am not a lady who believes she is equal to men and still have entitlement mentality.

nice one..you have my respect with this...... maybe this your verson of feminism can really work after all....

I dont get the warped universe where the OP is from... u cheat on ur husband and yet she is paid off....?!
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by bukatyne(f): 1:42pm On Jan 07, 2014
pickabeau1:

nice one..you have my respect with this...... maybe this your verson of feminism can really work after all....

I dont get the warped universe where the OP is from... u cheat on ur husband and yet she is paid off....?!

Sorry but I don't believe you; waters have passed under the bridge angry embarassed

A lot of women are not feminists; opportunities more like it.

It is common in our society, we try to take advantage of people who respect us or are meek

I still do not grasp the reasoning that a woman should be rude because she sees herself as a man's equal

Infact, sometimes when I do something wrong to my bobo, God would ask me if I would like it if he did such to me cheesy

Anyways, whatever rocks each person's boat
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by pickabeau1: 1:44pm On Jan 07, 2014
+1

<thumbs up>

bukatyne:

Sorry but I don't believe you; waters have passed under the bridge angry embarassed

A lot of women are not feminists; opportunities more like it.

It is common in our society, we try to take advantage of people who respect us or are meek

I still do not grasp the reasoning that a woman should be rude because she sees herself as a man's equal

Infact, sometimes when I do something wrong to my bobo, God would ask me if I would like it if he did such to me cheesy

Anyways, whatever rocks each person's boat
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jan 07, 2014
FNG3:

who told you that divorced women in nigeria don't share from the man's property after divorce?my uncles wife made away with 7million naira and a car after their divorce.
Don't mind silly Paris10, when I say Nigerian adult females are adequately protected by the law she no fit understand am. The problem is they are usually too stewpid to fight for their rights. All the UK they refer to records a high number of court cases of women wanting more from their husbands than they're willing to give and usually get as much or more than what they demand. But fools like Paris will have us believe otherwise, afterall DSTV channels 151-158 is what they live by and they think that's where the world ends. Paris10, is a clown and needs to have her brain reset.

3 Likes

Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jan 07, 2014
bukatyne:

Thanks

You may need to open a school for your people o. The ill-logic is just bleh. Nice post tho.
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by Naijamericana: 3:03pm On Jan 07, 2014
@Op

Will your proposed "divorce decrees" be based on english common law or napoleonic law?
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by bee444: 3:26pm On Jan 07, 2014
fresh_dude: Don't mind silly Paris10, when I say Nigerian adult females are adequately protected by the law she no fit understand am. The problem is they are usually too stewpid to fight for their rights. All the UK they refer to records a high number of court cases of women wanting more from their husbands than they're willing to give and usually get as much or more than what they demand. But fools like Paris will have us believe otherwise, afterall DSTV channels 151-158 is what they live by and they think that's where the world ends. Paris10, is a clown and needs to have her brain reset.

Go and tell that to a Nigerian judge...you want to fight for right abi... your case will be thrown out like a javelin.
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by ocelot2006(m): 3:33pm On Jan 07, 2014
paris10:

Promiscuity shouldnt form basis of your argument. You should consider other possibilities and senseless reasons why men divorce women.

The macho man and the " I am the owner of this house" syndrome is the only reason why Nigerian men behave this callously. If Nigerian men start parting with half of their property maybe they will think twice before filing for a divorce.

Of course he is the owner of the house!! Why the hell should a man share his hard earned estate and money with a wayward wife just because they've called it quits? Let her go back to were she came from. Or are her hands broken? Nonsense.
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by ocelot2006(m): 3:34pm On Jan 07, 2014
coogar:

you are a complete idïot!
even when a woman is promiscuous, she should be rewarded for her promiscuity? you should return any certificate you might have acquired in the last 20 years - you surely don't deserve them.

Kpom!
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by bee444: 3:35pm On Jan 07, 2014
pickabeau1:

whats the significance of the initiating party...

What if she initiated the divorce due to spousal abuse or infidelity

THERE ARE ALWAYS TWO PARTIES TO EVERYTHING. Regardless of the reason for divorce, both parties must consent. A judge in almost all the abuse cases waive the consenting part and allow the divorce to go ahead. When this happens, the woman would still pay or compensate the husband if the husband counter-sue for malicious divorce or for what he is accustomed to i.e pu.ssie and the food.
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by ocelot2006(m): 3:45pm On Jan 07, 2014
paris10:

Backlash indeed!. That shows you how men are opposed to change.

Change my foot.
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by pickabeau1: 4:12pm On Jan 07, 2014
bee444:

THERE ARE ALWAYS TWO PARTIES TO EVERYTHING. Regardless of the reason for divorce, both parties must consent. A judge in almost all the abuse cases waive the consenting part and allow the divorce to go ahead. When this happens, the woman would still pay or compensate the husband if the husband counter-sue for malicious divorce or for what he is accustomed to i.e pu.ssie and the food.

You should direct these comments to paris10
In her world, whoever initiates divorce is the guilty party and should pay

1 Like

Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by bukatyne(f): 4:28pm On Jan 07, 2014
OP,

Have you considered that most of these women chose their men with their eyes opened?
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by keswagz(m): 5:17pm On Jan 07, 2014
coogar:

the man is not smart -

he should have consulted scott young(multibillionaire). his wife wanted a divorce. he told her if he kept it under wraps, he would give her £300m. she refused cos she wanted more & she went to court.

before the court could hear the case, scott young transferred all his assets outside the UK using some russian connections. he went to court & claimed he was broke! he said he made bad judgement in his investments & he's lost all his money.

the wife insisted he had more than he was claiming. the case dragged for years. the man even spent 3 months in prison for court contempt cos it everyone knew he was lying but it couldn't be proven. the wife said scott promised her £300 initially, scott said he was drunk when he said so cos he didn't even have that amount.

sometime last month, the judge had to bring the case to closure & scott was asked to pay just £20m to his wife within 30 days. the wife has spent close to £10m on this case already. wife lost, scott young won & he saved £280m he would have given an ungrateful wife.
i enjoyed this story to d fullest. my pain is jst this "even if a woman is promiscuous".what nonsense? @op if u say men cheat also, i thought u want gender equality, then d woman should also kick him out and support him financially or wat do you think?
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by Fourwinds: 5:44pm On Jan 07, 2014
coogar:

you are a complete idïot!
even when a woman is promiscuous, she should be rewarded for her promiscuity? you should return any certificate you might have acquired in the last 20 years - you surely don't deserve them.
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by shoboy9: 5:48pm On Jan 07, 2014
It is "there is neither male nor female in christ". Everyone should learn to work. If u choose to leave ur husband then leave his property for him. Go and work! Too many women are being raised to be materialistic and lazy. A worse combination to make one into a thief and a parasite i cannot imagine.
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by Fourwinds: 5:49pm On Jan 07, 2014
keswagz: i enjoyed this story to d fullest. my pain is jst this "even if a woman is promiscuous".what nonsense? @op if u say men cheat also, i thought u want gender equality, then d woman should also kick him out and support him financially or wat do you think?
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by Royou: 6:00pm On Jan 07, 2014
We are almost getting there! Marriage would soon become extinct in modern Nigeria if we still carry that notion that women should be looked after,taken care of, provided for!!!! Marriage is a union and once we bring that "The man is an ATM machine into it" it loses its meaning! Contribute in all spheres to make it work! else marriage becomes a tattoo women wear to show off and a way out of their mental poverty! Men should take care of their wives and wives should do the same its not a one-sided thing!
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by Simonet: 6:11pm On Jan 07, 2014
Trottle:
Op, I thought you were making sense until you reached the above part. Are you that pained? I am not against renumerating your ex spouse but not a LovePeddler and if you insist maybe you should offer you brother(s), uncle(s) etc your opinion and watch their reaction. It seems you are one of those die-hard feminist that lacks objectivity.

Truth is, when you over empower women like this, it is the family unit that suffers. Men do not want to take responsibility for a woman who is free to cheat!

That's why you have so many baby mamas, reckless divorcees, gays and lesbians in America. So many Absent Fathers!
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by freddaboh(m): 6:35pm On Jan 07, 2014
Even if she is promiscous? Part with my hard-earned so that she can take care of a small boy her son's age? God forbid.
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by paris10: 6:39pm On Jan 07, 2014
Just because women are now achievers and bread winners doesn't make the man less a man. A man, well, a real man should handle his business. And just because your wife works does not exclude you from providing for the family. Men are now becoming lazy and expecting their working wives to provide for the house. Same logic applies to marriage and divorce. What happens to the men of old who would do anything to protect their women?

The mentality that women should take care of themselves and work to provide for their wants is plausible.... that leaves us with the men.. what would these bunch be doing then?
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jan 07, 2014
paris10: Just because women are now achievers and bread winners doesn't make the man less a man. A man, well, a real man should handle his business. And just because your wife works does not exclude you from providing for the family. Men are now becoming lazy and expecting their working wives to provide for the house. Same logic applies to marriage and divorce. What happens to the men of old who would do anything to protect their women?

The mentality that women should take care of themselves and work to provide for their wants is plausible.... that leaves us with the men.. what would these bunch be doing then?

Yeah, I think you need to quit talking now. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by paris10: 7:56pm On Jan 07, 2014
ileobatojo:

Yeah, I think you need to quit talking now. Thanks.

So your body abhor the truth now abi?
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jan 07, 2014
paris10: Just because women are now achievers and bread winners doesn't make the man less a man. A man, well, a real man should handle his business. And just because your wife works does not exclude you from providing for the family. Men are now becoming lazy and expecting their working wives to provide for the house. Same logic applies to marriage and divorce. What happens to the men of old who would do anything to protect their women?

What are you talking about?

I agree with Sagamite on this one.

*Thread unfollowed*
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by childofgod12: 8:16pm On Jan 07, 2014
my own husband is heartless and mean! His ppl dictates 4 him, i'm lookn 4 any oppotunity 2 get out of his life 4 good
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by coogar: 8:17pm On Jan 07, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by keswagz(m): 8:43pm On Jan 07, 2014

with my previous comments I have been trying to make you reason, but now it is justifiable to say you are daft and the level of daftness is beyond any solution weather medically, academically or spiritually. thank you.
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by Venchy: 8:47pm On Jan 07, 2014
lady gogo: i sometimes wonder what all those female legislators do with their time in the National Assembly.

If these measures were in place i trust that a lot of endurance type marriages will have ended a long time ago.

You wish, Female legislators such as our Nigerian 1st Lady or Oduah aviation wahala with her fraudulent mind set. ...Abeg my sister, think of another way....Government people are rouges.

I think it's a serious problem in every third world or under developed country and it shouldn't be so.

I hope that one day women will fight for themselves.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Mother Flogs Her Daughter For Visiting Man's House (pics, Video) / My Husband Is A Serial Adulterer, He Slept With My Sister – Woman Tells Court / How Have You Been Able To Survive This Unfavorable Economy? Share Your Experienc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.