Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,468 members, 7,819,713 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! (33985 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / Dearest Nigerians, People Are Suffering.. Read This! / Marital Infidelity, Divorce, And The Untold Story Of Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by POPEII: 4:51am On Jan 07, 2014
Arial.bold:

reality speaks my dear misogynist.
you didn't answer the question for a reason. did you receive an opportunity to go abroad that you refused?
"mr. honest Nigerian" clearly, u r being dishonest with your foul mouth.

all these broke bachelors with "baby mama" issues talking out of the corners of their wide mouths. grin grin this is entertaining.
better go and find a sugar mommy.

Yawns
and you sound like frustrated old hag ,is that why you are still up ? No one to warm your bed in the cold USA ? Ah ah see lonely, unmarried old hag talking about divorce settlement ,who is going to marry you in the first place.
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by POPEII: 4:53am On Jan 07, 2014
coogar:

that's why you have to be smart as a man...

hide your money in all the obscure countries in the world without her knowledge. buy houses in different names. create a safety net for yourself especially if you know you are a woman-magnet!

grin grin, way to go
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by coogar: 4:56am On Jan 07, 2014
POPE II:
grin grin, way to go

yes o!
men should be steps ahead of the law. i dey kampe. the woman that will take half of my assets is not born yet. wink
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by POPEII: 4:58am On Jan 07, 2014
Arial.bold:

ok. good. if the opportunity does present itself, you are a bastard if you take it. stay in Nigeria as you claim you will.
simple.
even coogar is typing from his mother's basement in London. hmmm what do I know wink grin

People like me ain't looking for any opportunity to leave their country. I'm good where I live and I travel when I want.
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by POPEII: 5:00am On Jan 07, 2014
Arial.bold:

yea of course. even Boko haram members to have their lives to live. they may be cotrributing to Nigeria's demise but all of you are entitled to continue to destroy the country. Nigeria is Nigeria.
what else is new?
I guess you are building Nigeria from your ghetto/project right?
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by Arialbold: 5:00am On Jan 07, 2014
coogar:
yes o!
men should be steps ahead of the law. i dey kampe. the woman that will take half of my capital is not born yet.

you live abroad. you may live in ur mom's basement or your baby mama's apartment but in any case. the law will always be ahead of you. no offense. you need to move back to naija if you are looking for lawlessness.
in anycase, I see you as a baby daddy than a married man anyway. Just know that if you don't pay your child support. the govt doesn't forget. they will take the money out of your pension. same with unpaid alimony. that is if you don't end up in jail.
same goes for women who owe child support and alimony.
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by POPEII: 5:02am On Jan 07, 2014
coogar:

yes o!
men should be steps ahead of the law. i dey kampe. the woman that will take half of my assets is not born yet. wink
same here, in fact I killed that woman in her mum's womb grin grin

Useless women who want to have what the did not work for
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by coogar: 5:07am On Jan 07, 2014
Arial.bold:

you live abroad. you may live in ur mom's basement or your baby mama's apartment but in any case. the law will always be ahead of you. no offense. you need to move back to naija if you are looking for lawlessness.
in anycase, I see you as a baby daddy than a married man anyway. Just know that if you don't pay your child support. the govt doesn't forget. they will take the money out of your pension. same with unpaid alimony. that is if you don't end up in jail.
same goes for women who owe child support and alimony.

rubbish!
google "scott young divorce" - a smart young man who could have lost about £1 billion to an ungrateful wife but ended up paying a paltry £20m sum to her - he spends that in a week. laws can be bent without breaking it.

siddon dere make bra dey wear you.
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by Arialbold: 5:10am On Jan 07, 2014
what's this your obsession with multibillionaires?
the average family is middle class (or poor in naija's case)
if you are a multi-billionaire, why not just sign a pre-nup or better still, don't get married? The same goes with rich women.
abeg jor
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by coogar: 5:13am On Jan 07, 2014
Arial.bold:
what's this your obsession with multibillionaires?
the average family is middle class (or poor in naija's case)
if you are a multi-billionaire, why not just sign a pre-nup or better still, don't get married? The same goes with rich women.
abeg jor

prenups are not applicable in the UK. why do you think UK is the divorce capital of the world? why do you think simon cowell isn't married?
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by http(m): 5:22am On Jan 07, 2014
This is what some Nigerian women do immediately they get to America, frustrating the man so everything ends in divorce...
a lot of these desgruntle women just take the opportunity to wreak havock in the man's life. Nigeria is not UK or US, am sure they are regreting this law of devorce and that is why a lot of kids from western countries never knows their father... Once you take the man out of the home, what do you get? bastards everywhere....

sometimes i wonder what kind of world order we are getting now.... the kind of women we are marrying into now are like destiny destroyer with the sole aim of ruining men in any capacity... All i can say is "men be wise"
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by Arialbold: 5:29am On Jan 07, 2014
coogar:

prenups are not applicable in the UK. why do you think UK is the divorce capital of the world? why do you think simon cowell isn't married?

i'm sure that has more to do with cultural values. ie leaving a loveless or abusive marriage vs choosing to stay in one.
not everyone in the UK is a millionaire. although i'm sure you fancy yourself as one.
marriage is mostly a middle class institution anyway. the people who are most likely not to conform are upper class and lower class. these are where u will see majority of unmarried couples.
Oprah winfrey isn't married either. she just has a lifelong partner.
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by bigx(m): 5:30am On Jan 07, 2014
Arial.bold:

well, that's why I said 99%
the other 1%, who refuse opportunity to go abroad, more grease to their elbow. I have never heard of such a case sha.

did you get an opportunity to go abroad that you rejected? if not, then you do not count as part of the 1%. you just never got the opportunity. let's keep it at that smiley

I'm not a Politician as you stated earlier, I've a valid US, UK and Schenghen visa and I have NO intentions of leaving Nigeria.

You shouldn't generalise, not everyone sees "abroad" as the end to all issues
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by Arialbold: 5:32am On Jan 07, 2014
bigx:
I'm not a Politician as you stated earlier, I've a valid US, UK and Schenghen visa and I have NO intentions of leaving Nigeria.
You shouldn't generalise, not everyone sees "abroad" as the end to all issues

good for you. when I said "politician" I am generally referred to the priviledged class that travel in and out of Nigeria as they see fit. These are the same people who tend to speak for other nigerians and pretend that all other nigerians are just as happy to be in Nigeria. and things are fine and dandy. why do you have those visas? why not tear them up if you have no intentions of ever leaving Nigeria?
tear those visas up. simple

I just looked at your profile and you seem to contradict yourself. your profile picture (of foreign currency being shown off on a platter) contradicts what you say in this post. same with your location. unless birmingham is some village in Nigeria that I don't know about.
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by rman: 5:46am On Jan 07, 2014
Only very few women, and I mean, very few, can reason logically. The society didn't place women at a disadvantage position, women did. Ever wonder why the educated and employed ones still depend on men?

It is the duty of all parents, to raise girl child right. All these warped logic is due to years of girls been raised with a ridiculous sense of entitlement. All the women emancipation stuff is not really about gender equality, it is about getting more out of men by doing nothing just because you are a lady. In fact, I'm beginning to suspect ladies love for marriage isn't about love and family, it is about stability in her life. The only guaranteed source of livelihood women see always has something to do with husbands. I have met single girls with good income still searching for guys that will take care of them. Can't u take care of yourself and simply narrow your search to men that won't take advantage of you?

After divorce, a woman deserves compensation, IMO , only under these circumstances :

- They both built a joint business together during marriage.
- The man truncated her career or business by making her a full house wife.
- if she has custody of the kids.

Anything outside those three conditions is a complete fraud and shouldn't be encouraged.

6 Likes

Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by Ayoola171(m): 5:46am On Jan 07, 2014
bebe2: na so we see am o

You don divorce too?
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by bigx(m): 5:46am On Jan 07, 2014
Arial.bold:

good for you. when I said "politician" I am generally referred to the priviledged class that travel in and out of Nigeria as they see fit. These are the same people who tend to speak for other nigerians and pretend that all other nigerians are just as happy to be in Nigeria. and things are fine and dandy. why do you have those visas? why not tear them up if you have no intentions of ever leaving Nigeria?
tear those visas up. simple

I just looked at your profile and you seem to contradict yourself. your profile picture (of foreign currency being shown off on a platter) contradicts what you say in this post. same with your location. unless birmingham is some village in Nigeria that I don't know about.

Location reads Ph/birmingham/lagos

Selective vision

Foreign currency on a platter means "chopping" foreign currency, nothing wrong with that last time I checked.

When I mean "leave", I mean "settle" like a 2nd class citizen, there's a big difference.
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by bigx(m): 5:49am On Jan 07, 2014
rman: Only very few women, and I mean, very few, can reason logically. The society didn't place women at a disadvantage position, women did. Ever wonder why the educated and employed ones still depend on men?

It is the duty of all parents, to raise girl child right. All these warped logic is due to years of girls been raised with a ridiculous sense of entitlement. All the women emancipation stuff is not really about gender equality, it is about getting more out of men by doing nothing just because you are a lady. In fact, I'm beginning to suspect ladies love for marriage isn't about love and family, it is about stability in her life. The only guaranteed source of livelihood women see always has something to do with husbands. I have met single girls with good income still searching for guys that will take care of them. Can't u take care of yourself and simply narrow your search to men that won't take advantage of you?

After divorce, a woman deserves compensation, IMO , only under these circumstances :

Anything outside those three conditions is a complete fraud and shouldn't be encouraged.

Sit among young single girls, get close to them so they converse openly and confirm your suspicions.

Quoting one verbatim; "make I find one rich man marry make all my problems end"
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by Arialbold: 5:51am On Jan 07, 2014
bigx:
Location reads Ph/birmingham/lagos
Selective vision
Foreign currency on a platter means "chopping" foreign currency, nothing wrong with that last time I checked.
When I mean "leave", I mean "settle" like a 2nd class citizen, there's a big difference.

Ok, now that you have let the world know that you are "chopping" foreign currency. give yourself a round of applause and go and sit ur butt down in a corner. bye

all you are doing is strengthening my conviction that 99% of Nigerians will take the opportunity to LEAVE Nigeria.
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by bigx(m): 5:56am On Jan 07, 2014
Arial.bold:

Ok, now that you have let the world know that you are "chopping" foreign currency. give yourself a round of applause and go and sit ur butt down in a corner. bye

this topic is about people who are suffering in Nigeria. not for politician's kids.

You are the one who made my profile picture a topic for discussion

It was where it was before you brought it here, I explained it's meaning and you feel bad already? Eh ya..

I don't know any politician not to talk of being one's child, I'm a business person and I made my money in the Nigeria you say 99% of people are running from,

You failed in Nigeria doesn't mean everyone is a failure, stop projecting negativity.

2 Likes

Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by Arialbold: 5:56am On Jan 07, 2014
rman: Only very few women, and I mean, very few, can reason logically. The society didn't place women at a disadvantage position, women did. Ever wonder why the educated and employed ones still depend on men?

GBAM. Feminism is the solution to the problem. all the submission and dependence on men will not help her once is is being kicked to the curb.
female children are being raised to be dependent on men. to see men as their king and protector. and what if these men don't treat them right? the woman becomes a destitute on d street or resort to selling her body because she has nothing else to sustain herself.

in western nations, we are approaching a point where women are the breadwinner in 50% of all households. This is how things should be. I look forward to d day when both men and women will be affected by divorce. instead of women only bearing the financial brunt.
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by bigx(m): 5:58am On Jan 07, 2014
Can see you edited your post.
That said, I won't get in an argument with you, woke early to do more important things.

Enjoy
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by Arialbold: 6:00am On Jan 07, 2014
bigx: Can see you edited your post.
That said, I won't get in an argument with you, woke early to do more important things.
Enjoy

you have made your point,
bigx "chops" foreign currency. we have heard.

now waka pass. bye
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by paris10: 6:11am On Jan 07, 2014
Men are getting scared like their world is about to get " better" (don't want to use the negative aspect).

I see a lot of vexations. Pls calm down, this is just a suggestion. Maybe a public consultation should be held and personal opinion taken out. Answers have to be objective.

And to those criticising me about the promiscuity stuff, maybe if you remain faithful, your wives won't cheat.
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by Harpesin(m): 6:13am On Jan 07, 2014
@ Op, kindly answer the following;

What of if the woman is d cause of the divorce?
Don't you think lots of women will be encouraged to divorce if your advise is taken?
Are
What gave you the impression that Nija men are irresponsible?
Have you taken your time to examine the cause of divorce in Nija?
Have u ever notice why young men are not ready to go into marriage anymore?
Do you know that the so call civilization and delinquency of our culture and adoption of foreign culture is contributing to downfall of our marriage in Nija?

I read your post and understood it all......am of the opinion that our women had been carried away by the fantasy of the white culture, remember that this is Africa, Nija to be precise, the blood can not be compromised...let's go back to the root why divorce waz not known during the time of our mothers, they saw their husband as their lord and gave due respect. Our mother took endurance as their watch word just because they want the best for their children and if you observe such critically, such women are enjoying the fruit of their endurance now through their children.........My advice for those who are planning to go into marriage:
1. Understand your partner
2. Never expect a perfect partner
3. Know him/her for his or her weakness and try to work on it b4 getting married
4. Both of u shd plan on ao to handle extended families so they will not cus any issue in ur marriage
5. The kind of friend u both keep, especially women....(Imagine, my wife friend copied my picture from facebook and show it to my wife that am planning to marry her cousin dat dis is d picture I sent to d lady etc).....thank God for the understanding / trust in our marriage.
6. Money issue, both of u shd plan on dis, it is very very important ....Imagine a situation where a man keep financing his younger ones and hardly attend to his wife needs?
7. Both of u shd see ursef as best friend and share opinion.....though in dis area women can be very funny cos whatever u shared with them can be use against u so as a man u need to check ur wife on ao she can absorbed matter b4 u share.
8. Sex is another issue to be considered, wife shd understand their husband urge for sex and see ao they can blend with it, also husband shd
9. Encouraging your man over little thing goes a long way especially when he returns from work where he has gone to face fire to ensure your daily needs. Men also to appreciate their wife for keeping home and taking kia of ur children....men need to understand that women play a lot of role in d family, I mean the good ones o....not those busybody
10. Taking matter to God...this is another vital point, taking your matter to men will cause more damages in your marriage, especially women taking matter to friends, families, pastors, etc....am not saying u shd not take ur matter to ur pastor but not all, they are human being like you, you can do d same thing they r doin if u devote ur time....if ur pastor is interest in the peace of your family, then its good but a pastor who divorce his own wife will surely encourage others to do same.

In conclusion, both parties shd look for a partner who has the FEAR OF GOD....not the one that has money, car, good job, good family background etc.......A God fearing man / woman will never give room to divorce.....no matter what.

1 Like

Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by salam8528: 6:21am On Jan 07, 2014
I don't tink leaving her 2go away wit half of ur property will b d best, wat if she's d1 at fault. its lyk encouraging women to divorce knowing dey v noting 2 loose. I beg 9ja no b yanki
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by rman: 6:26am On Jan 07, 2014
paris10: Men are getting scared like their world is about to get " better" (don't want to use the negative aspect).

I see a lot of vexations. Pls calm down, this is just a suggestion. Maybe a public consultation should be held and personal opinion taken out. Answers have to be objective.

And to those criticising me about the promiscuity stuff, maybe if you remain faithful, your wives won't cheat.

The problem with your last sentence is you conveniently found a way to blame men for wives that cheat.
Are you indirectly saying all unfaithfulness in marriage is due to men? The problem I have with your points so far is you see men as the problem, then tactfully, you want the society to punish them so u can be happy. Your happiness is in your hands.

Oprah's effort all these years through her show has gone down the drain, women are just not ready to be independent or can't be independent. They can't leave men alone. They naturally believe we owe them something.

2 Likes

Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by bigx(m): 6:32am On Jan 07, 2014
rman:

The problem with your last sentence is you conveniently found a way to blame men for wives that cheat.
Are you indirectly saying all unfaithfulness in marriage is due to men? The problem I have with your points so far is you see men as the problem, then tactfully, you want the society to punish them so u can be happy. Your happiness is in your hands.

Oprah's effort all these years through her show has gone down the drain, women are just not ready to be independent or can't be independent. They can't leave men alone. They naturally believe we owe them something.

Typically, OP refuses to see that she's wrong. She'd grasp at anything at the moment to "prove her point" rather than admit she's wrong.

Go to our courts, How many of
the divorce cases daily are brought by "male unfaithfulness"? So women cheat only when men are unfaithful? That's what she's trying to project with her last post, women are saints men are wizards.

I doubt she'd get any sympathy with that attitude.

All said I learnt long ago never to try to argue logically with a woman.
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by Nobody: 6:43am On Jan 07, 2014
all4naija: There is no right that protects women in Nigeria like in the developed countries. I hope this is addressed by the congress than passing law to marry underage girls.
this is a misleading and ignorant statement. The Nigerian constitution has elements in it that preserves women's rights, however, these laws need to be amended to account for culture evolution case in point protecting the rights of underage females. Other than that though, the Nigerian woman is adequately protected by the Nigerian constitution.
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by Nobody: 6:50am On Jan 07, 2014
paris10: Men are getting scared like their world is about to get " better" (don't want to use the negative aspect).

This is one reason most men decide to remain single whilst gettngs the flocks of girls to keep their company and warm their beds. And when they are ready for kids, simple walk into an orphanage and adopts one, then get a Nanny to care for the child.
Women must be developed and allow the development, but most importantly use the developments to earn a living, depending on men 100% is insulting your parents that trained u up in the foirst place.
Any woman that intends to cheat on her hubby has no business being in a marriage same for the men, except those who for traditional beliefs decides to take a second wife.
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by chinakobo(m): 6:50am On Jan 07, 2014
Singing Loud: we shall overcome them, we shall overcome them, we shall overcome them!!!
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by Nobody: 6:52am On Jan 07, 2014
coogar:

43% of children growing up in america today are being raised without their fathers.

You gotta love civilisation

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

My Husband Is A Serial Adulterer, He Slept With My Sister – Woman Tells Court / What do Your Parents Do When A Movie Gets To A Sex Scene / How Have You Been Able To Survive This Unfavorable Economy? Share Your Experienc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.