Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,824 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! (33987 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / Dearest Nigerians, People Are Suffering.. Read This! / Marital Infidelity, Divorce, And The Untold Story Of Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by keswagz(m): 3:01am On Jan 07, 2014
paris10:

Why not respond to the rest of my post. Why is it that you only have issue with the responsibility part?
Because i think this guys are trying to let you know they see nothing wrong in the rest of your post( which is sensible and humble) and they have found somthing wrong with the part of "even if promiscuous" but you have failed to even reason with them probably out of pride, one sided emotions or some kind of sexist mentality

3 Likes

Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by Nobody: 3:03am On Jan 07, 2014
Found the case @ Coogar
Here

Sikirat Agbaje, 68, is a British citizen of Nigerian heritage who got completely cremed by her husband Olusola, 71, when the barrister filed for divorce against his wife in Nigeria. In the outcome, Olusola received upwards of £600,000 and gave her a paltry £7,000 after 40 years of marriage and five children
. Not surprisingly, the Nigerian Courts somehow thought that was equitable for this stand up guy of a husband (and barrister!) to leave his wife destitute and practically penniless after 40 years of marriage and five kids. Big surprise. Anyway, to make a long story short, Sikirat brought suit in England, I guess to try to set aside the Nigerian judgment and re-open the divorce case so that she could revisit the issue of equitable distribution. It has been a circuitous journey through the London courts for the Nigerian senior citizen to say the least. Says the Times Online: - See more at: http://www.divorcesaloon.com/2009/11/03/london-nigerian-woman-left-destitute-by-her-nigerian-barrister-husband-in-nigeria-appeals-to-british-court/#sthash.57UVPGJ0.dpuf

Imagine the wickedness
After 40 years of marriage and raising 5 children the man keeps 600K pounds and she gets a mere 7k by the stupid Nigerian system
I doff my hat for this woman for refusing to take the insult
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by Nobody: 3:05am On Jan 07, 2014
Then her chi heard her cry and cane to her aid

A Nigerian couple who are naturalized British citizens received word that the London courts had overturned their Nigerian divorce judgment. Many lawyers in England are ecstatic by the developments.
The case came to public scrutiny last year when the wife sued the husband in the London courts. The husband had obtained a divorce judgment in Lagos that basically left his wife of 38 years destitute, and gave him over £600,000. Says the UK Telegraph:
Mr Agbaje issued divorce proceedings in the Nigerian court which awarded his former wife a life interest in a property in Lagos and a lump sum equivalent to about £21,000.
But she went to the High Court in London where a judge awarded her a lump sum of £275,000 – almost 40 per cent of the former couple’s assets.
- See more at: http://www.divorcesaloon.com/2010/03/10/londonnigerian-woman-who-was-left-penniless-after-her-divorce-in-nigerian-court-brings-action-in-london-and-wins/#sthash.UVajdgzL.dpuf

BTW the main asset is a piece of property in London praise God
He can keep the Lagos one!na the one in London better pass
I hope they have sold it and she has collected her 275K
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by logica(m): 3:29am On Jan 07, 2014
Baby mama:

Well America and Great Britain and all civilized countries disagree
LOL @ the text in bold. You need to read up some accounts of Ibn Fadlan on his first impressions of these civilized people.
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by Arialbold: 3:35am On Jan 07, 2014
^ They do not force their women to wear burqa and ban women from appearing in public places.
omg. what an impression.

at the end of the day,
in the civilized nations, women have rights. not 100% but much much better than the rest of the world.
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by logica(m): 3:55am On Jan 07, 2014
Arial.bold:
^ They do not force their women to wear burqa and ban women from appearing in public places.
omg. what an impression.
It appears in your dictionary, "civilized" is a synonym for "good treatment of women". Have you read Ibn Fadlan's accounts or not?
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by POPEII: 3:56am On Jan 07, 2014
Arial.bold:
omg. what an impression.

at the end of the day,
in the civilized nations, women have rights. not 100% but much much better than the rest of the world.

Move over there then, who's keeping you in the jungle? With wicked barbarians, Abeg leave the jungle you won't b missed.
Go and enjoy your rights in the civilized world
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by coogar: 3:57am On Jan 07, 2014
Baby mama: Found the case @ Coogar
Here

Imagine the wickedness
After 40 years of marriage and raising 5 children the man keeps 600K pounds and she gets a mere 7k by the stupid Nigerian system
I doff my hat for this woman for refusing to take the insult

what an interesting story - FT said she was awarded £21,000 & the interest on one house totalling about £80,000 in nigeria but she got thrice as much in the UK. the UK is the divorce capital in the world so i ain't surprised about the decision. i am sure they married in the UK.
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by Arialbold: 4:06am On Jan 07, 2014
POPE II:

Move over there then, who's keeping you in the jungle? With wicked barbarians, Abeg leave the jungle you won't b missed.
Go and enjoy your rights in the civilized world

I am already in the USA, silly.
99% of Nigerians would revel at a chance to escape that hell hole as well. abi I lie?
At the end of the day, I wish Nigeria will develop to be comparable to USA someday.
people like you do not wish Nigeria well. You want the nation to remain barbaric.
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by coogar: 4:14am On Jan 07, 2014
Arial.bold:

99% of Nigerians would revel at a chance to escape that hell hole as well. abi I lie?
At the end of the day, I wish Nigeria will develop to be comparable to USA someday. people like you do not wish Nigeria well. You want the nation to remain barbaric.

amen to that as long as we don't kowtow their shocking stats that say 43% of children growing up in america today are being raised without their fathers.

1 Like

Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by POPEII: 4:20am On Jan 07, 2014
Arial.bold:

At the end of the day, I wish Nigeria will develop to be comparable to USA someday.
people like you do not wish Nigeria well. You want the nation to remain barbaric.
good riddance, we don't need women who use such foul language in Nigeria.
BTW talk for yourself , I don't want to leave and there are many like who also don't want to leave.

1 Like

Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by logica(m): 4:21am On Jan 07, 2014
coogar:
43% of children growing up in america today are being raised without their fathers.

...which as you can see has resulted in a crumbling society; and one that will soon fall flat due to the excessive pressures of contradictions. The US is an experiment gone wrong, just as Nigeria is.
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by Arialbold: 4:23am On Jan 07, 2014
logica: It appears in your dictionary, "civilized" is a synonym for "good treatment of women". Have you read Ibn Fadlan's accounts or not?

rotflmao. so should I also go and start reading D'banj's account of American civilization too? what exactly is your damn point?

what makes Ibn Fadlan such an important "expert" that his opinion should be a gold standard of what a civilization is?
abi you are also turning into Coogar? using all these so called "experts" to support your silly arguments.

rubbish. Reality speaks. u don't need to quote ibn fadlan (or whaever d nonentity is) for me or any KNOW that America is a more civilized place than Nigeria.

maybe you should take Ibn Fadlan's expert essays to Ayefele's band members and millions of other Nigerians who will risk their lives to escape the Nigerian jungle civilization hahaha.
http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/entertainment/316994-yinka-ayefele%E2%80%99s-three-band-members-vanish-in-us.html
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by coogar: 4:25am On Jan 07, 2014
logica: ...which as you can see has resulted in a crumbling society; and one that will soon fall flat due to the excessive pressures of contradictions. The US is an experiment gone wrong, just as Nigeria is.

if they could change it back to what we have in nigeria, they would! however, they are long gone now & there's no redemption until more kids raised without their fathers take guns to school & maim their school mates like rabbits.......

america(morally) is finished!
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by Arialbold: 4:25am On Jan 07, 2014
POPE II: good riddance, we don't need women who use such foul language in Nigeria.
BTW talk for yourself , I don't want to leave and there are many like who also don't want to leave.

yea. only men are allowed to use foul language in naija. women who do should be stoned to death. I hear u. hahahaha
only in naija where women are delegated to the status of children.

be honest with yourself. you don't have d opportunity to leave. either that or you are senator yerima's son. helping to siphon the nation's wealth to your coffers. vacationing abroad every summer while claiming "I have no desire to leave"
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by Snaaz(m): 4:28am On Jan 07, 2014
Its so strange how women rant about this equality thing and tend to throw it away when money is involved. A man has to help you in the kitchen, help you take care of the kids but when after divorce, you want a salary from him for once being his wife. Ladies stop confusing yourselves. Why can't a man be settled by his wife after divorce? Shey you are a woman, the emotionally stronger and more hardworking gender. Pls you can handle the divorce and you can as well go and work for your own money. I will take care of my kids but definitely not a former acquintance cos that's what a divorced wife is to me.

3 Likes

Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by Arialbold: 4:30am On Jan 07, 2014
Snaaz: Its so strange how women rant about this equality thing and tend to throw it away when money is involved. A man has to help you in the kitchen, help you take care of the kids but when after divorce, you want a salary from him for once being his wife. Ladies stop confusing yourselves. Why can't a man be settled by his wife after divorce? Shey you are a woman, the emotionally stronger and more hardworking gender. Pls you can handle the divorce and you can as well go and work for your own money. I will take care of my kids but definitely not a former acquintance cos that's what a divorced wife is to me.

of course. ideally if we had gender equality, 50% of families in Nigeria will have a female breadwinner. in case of divorce, the husband will be entitled to alimony. it goes both ways and I support it 100%

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/05/05/grossman.adultery.alimony/
this is the story of a millionaire woman who divorced her husband in USA. the husband got a lot of money in alimony (temporary spousal support) after the divorce
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by POPEII: 4:33am On Jan 07, 2014
Arial.bold:

yea. only men are allowed to use foul language in naija. women who do should be stoned to death. I hear u. hahahaha
only in naija where women are delegated to the status of children.

be honest with yourself. you don't have d opportunity to leave. either that or you are senator yerima's son. helping to siphon the nation's wealth to your coffers. vacationing abroad every summer while claiming "I have no desire to leave"
Stop venting your frustrations on honest Nigerian, not everyone wants to leave, get That in your thick skull .
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by Arialbold: 4:35am On Jan 07, 2014
POPE II: not everyone wants to leave, get That in your thick skull .

well, that's why I said 99%
the other 1%, who refuse opportunity to go abroad, more grease to their elbow. I have never heard of such a case sha.

did you get an opportunity to go abroad that you rejected? if not, then you do not count as part of the 1%. you just never got the opportunity. let's keep it at that smiley

1 Like

Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by POPEII: 4:36am On Jan 07, 2014
Snaaz: Its so strange how women rant about this equality thing and tend to throw it away when money is involved. A man has to help you in the kitchen, help you take care of the kids but when after divorce, you want a salary from him for once being his wife. Ladies stop confusing yourselves. Why can't a man be settled by his wife after divorce? Shey you are a woman, the emotionally stronger and more hardworking gender. Pls you can handle the divorce and you can as well go and work for your own money. I will take care of my kids but definitely not a former acquintance cos that's what a divorced wife is to me.
they are confused and emotional. There are no happy endings when divorce is involved, I ain't paying any Damn penny to anyone. And I keep the children
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by POPEII: 4:38am On Jan 07, 2014
Arial.bold:

well, we can assume that you pulled it from your empty brain
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by Arialbold: 4:39am On Jan 07, 2014
POPE II: they are confused and emotional. There are no happy endings when divorce is involved, I ain't paying any Damn penny to anyone. And I keep the children

you seem like a guy who would be married to a sugar mommy anyway. She will be d one kicking you to the curb. and no, you ain't keeping the children. what will u do, hire ppl to kidnap the kids?
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by coogar: 4:39am On Jan 07, 2014
POPE II: they are confused and emotional. There are no happy endings when divorce is involved, I ain't paying any Damn penny to anyone. And I keep the children

that's why you have to be smart as a man...

hide your money in all the obscure countries in the world without her knowledge. buy houses in different names. create a safety net for yourself especially if you know you are a woman-magnet!
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by Arialbold: 4:40am On Jan 07, 2014
POPE II: well, we can assume that you pulled it from your empty brain

reality speaks my dear misogynist.
you didn't answer the question for a reason. did you receive an opportunity to go abroad that you refused?
"mr. honest Nigerian" clearly, u r being dishonest with your foul mouth.

all these broke bachelors with "baby mama" issues talking out of the corners of their wide mouths. grin grin this is entertaining.
better go and find a sugar mommy.
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by logica(m): 4:43am On Jan 07, 2014
Arial.bold:

so should I also go and start reading D'banj's account of American civilization too? what exactly is your damn point?
...the damn point is made right there. I doubt you'd get it. wink
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by POPEII: 4:44am On Jan 07, 2014
Arial.bold:

the other 1%, who refuse opportunity to go abroad, more grease to their elbow. I have never heard of such a case sha.

did you get an opportunity to go abroad that you rejected? if not, then you do not count as part of the 1%. you just never got the opportunity. let's keep it at that smiley

Not everyone is looking for an opportunity to leave, see this one a yesterday like you forming big girl because she lives in the USA ah ah lwmkd . Abegi mind your business in Yankee
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by Arialbold: 4:46am On Jan 07, 2014
lol @ "hide your money in all the obscure countries in the world" grin
coogar, i didn't know you were a multibillionaire o. na so u dey create swiss account so? hahaha too funny
everybody is entitled to their fantasy sha
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by Nobody: 4:47am On Jan 07, 2014
Arial.bold:

you seem like a guy who would be married to a sugar mommy anyway. She will be d one kicking you to the curb. and no, you ain't keeping the children. what will u do, hire ppl to kidnap the kids?

*dies*

grin grin grin
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by POPEII: 4:47am On Jan 07, 2014
Arial.bold:

my life belongs to me, you wish I was all that keep guessing and throwing tantrums grin grin, hopefully when we are done here you will know that Nigeria is Nigeria .
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by Arialbold: 4:49am On Jan 07, 2014
POPE II:
Not everyone is looking for an opportunity to leave,

ok. good. if the opportunity does present itself, you are a bastard if you take it. stay in Nigeria as you claim you will.
simple.
even coogar is typing from his mother's basement in London. hmmm what do I know wink grin
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by coogar: 4:50am On Jan 07, 2014
Arial.bold:
lol @ "hide your money in all the obscure countries in the world" grin
coogar, i didn't know you were a multibillionaire o. na so u dey create swiss account so? hahaha too funny
everybody is entitled to their fantasy sha

what you don't know won't kill you.....so crack on!

Arial.bold:

ok. good. if the opportunity does present itself, you are a bastard if you take it. stay in Nigeria as you claim you will.
simple.
even coogar is typing from his mother's basement in London. hmmm what do I know wink grin

i am in enugu!
who stays in a dead city like london? tufiakwu!! you want to compare enugu maidens with fertile hips to the damaged goods you have here? i relocated aeons ago to enjoy the fruits of my ancestor's land.
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by Arialbold: 4:51am On Jan 07, 2014
POPE II: my life belongs to me, you wish I was all that keep guessing and throwing tantrums grin grin, hopefully when we are done here you will know that Nigeria is Nigeria .

yea of course. even Boko haram members to have their lives to live. they may be cotrributing to Nigeria's demise but all of you are entitled to continue to destroy the country. Nigeria is Nigeria.
what else is new?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

My Husband Is A Serial Adulterer, He Slept With My Sister – Woman Tells Court / What do Your Parents Do When A Movie Gets To A Sex Scene / How Have You Been Able To Survive This Unfavorable Economy? Share Your Experienc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.