Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Girls night out discussions - Family (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Girls night out discussions (86775 Views)

Home Economics Discussions For Moms / Girls Night Out Part 2!!!! Better And Simplified / Boys Night Out Discussions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Girls night out discussions by Nobody: 5:57pm On Aug 05, 2015
freecocoa:
I know you'll understand and quite frankly he's told me his parents might faint if they know am atheist, still he's insistent he can make it work.

We've had the talk about kids but honestly? If am gonna keep living in Naija, hoping to marry a Naija man who goes to church, I'll have to bend and let the kids go to church(since I went to church but still found my true calling), maybe one day they can be me.#evilsmile

But the real problem is, knowing myself, I'll prolly tell them Jonah didn't swallow any fish or was it the fish that swallowed him sef, should they askgrin and won't they worry why mum never goes to church with them?

This religious matter is honestly why I kept telling myself it won't work.

Well, thank you for your thoughtful input.

I'll wait on my lord for directions, as regards your offer.;

Even if you were both athiests, they'll still wonder why you both don't go to church or the mosque or Pray...

My mother always explained when we Questioned...
Re: Girls night out discussions by damiso(f): 5:57pm On Aug 05, 2015
tearoses:

Funny enough I think its harder
You get used to the companionship and doing everything together and the other person being there and suddenly the person isnt there anymore

You would probably know about this more than me . I said that cos I would think they know each other better and would probably have settled into having a common purpose.

That said I kinda agree with your initial post as well but just looking at it from another practical angle . I don't even think I can cope with it now cos I know how sonetimes I can't wait for hubby to just come back and take my daughters talk talk off my hands cheesy
Re: Girls night out discussions by freecocoa(f): 5:58pm On Aug 05, 2015
BABE3:

This one wants idris h-elba. grin grin He's coming o, you hear.

Make the wedding a december wedding... coz that's when your homegirl will be in 9ja. Aseobi should be red in color. Red is in vogue. tongue
Lol, I hear you ma.cheesy
Re: Girls night out discussions by freecocoa(f): 6:00pm On Aug 05, 2015
keppyy:

Even if you were both athiests, they'll still wonder why you both don't go to church or the mosque or Pray...

Ok, although am worried about telling them God doesn't exist, after Daddy said he does.

Wahala.
Re: Girls night out discussions by Nobody: 6:02pm On Aug 05, 2015
tearoses:

Its going to be hard.
The pressure on the Christian will be intense
Every week in Church "Where is your wife?"
"We are praying for her"
On Sunday when she wants a lie in, he is getting ready for Church
If he is a Church worker, then several times a week he will be in Church
Is she prepared to deal with all that?
How will the kids be brought up? As Christians or aethists?

I passed through all this as a child and I came out fine...

My dad did alll the religious training, answered all the bible questions et al...

She has to attend the occassional functions especially children's day and father's day...
Re: Girls night out discussions by Nobody: 6:04pm On Aug 05, 2015
freecocoa:
Ok, although am worried about telling them God doesn't exist, after Daddy said he does.

Wahala.

Don't tell them that, Refer them to their father for Bible explanations. Until their 18t: year..

Sorry for my typos...
Re: Girls night out discussions by damiso(f): 6:06pm On Aug 05, 2015
Freecocoa I agree the religion angle is a big one and more an issue.

And it's not necessarily from him per se. Even Christians who don't worship in the same denominations have external people causing issues not to talk of someone who does not believe in God at all.

And if I am being real as well ,Nigerians tend to wrap their heads more round non religious men than non religious women. A Christian woman who is married to an atheist would be told to fast and pray for him to change but still told to submit to him.But a Christian man with an atheist wife would have it inferred that he is a man not in charge of his home.

freecocoa for it to work he has to have very very tough skin. He has to be able to not let what others will say about his non believing spouse get to him. I have had it insinuated on more than one occasion that I am not praying enough is the reason why my husband does not want to attend a 'bible believing church'.Some of my church members don't understand why I don't 'cajole' my mum to follow me to church when she is in my house (like I don't know she is a Muslim so I have to shove my own faith down her neck cos she is in my house*rolling eyes*) Pentecostal Christians especially can't wrap their head round you having family members who are not saved not to talk of a non believing spouse.I guess that's why they are called evangelical Christians too.
Re: Girls night out discussions by bukatyne(f): 6:06pm On Aug 05, 2015
keppyy:

Is your mom an atheist?
Re: Girls night out discussions by jaybee3(m): 6:07pm On Aug 05, 2015
Re: Girls night out discussions by Nobody: 6:08pm On Aug 05, 2015
bukatyne:

Is your mom an atheist?

I plead the fifth abi fourth... lipsrsealed
Re: Girls night out discussions by freecocoa(f): 6:14pm On Aug 05, 2015
moca:

Better doo oh! cheesy
Freecocoa is a very stubborn child,number one.
2.she is highly temperamental,so she is melancholic.
Number 3,she be atteist.

Now her man has to match her on be on top of d game to subdue her else she will be d one marrying d man.

(freecocoa, no vex,im a realist)

But if she loves d dude very well,she can adjust even if she don't agree with d man's norms all d time.
I can't vex even if I tried.cheesy

You get the picture although I'm not really temperamental o, I can't hold a grude, I fit dey vex quick quick but e no dey run deep and my vex is mostly within reason.grin
Re: Girls night out discussions by freecocoa(f): 6:17pm On Aug 05, 2015
keppyy:

Don't tell them that, Refer them to their father for Bible explanations. Until their 18t: year..

Sorry for my typos...
Good one.

@ALL. Thanks for taking time to address my issues, I really am grateful, you all have been most helpful.

2 Likes

Re: Girls night out discussions by cococandy(f): 6:26pm On Aug 05, 2015
@bold, I think that's a bit exaggerated.

I'm Christian but I can totally live with an atheist person on a daily basis.

I think it depends on individuals and their tolerance level.

So they may yet work around it if she's not condescending towards his beliefs and he's not self righteous towards her.

BABE3:

I see no problem with inter-religious marriages too. In fact, all the inter-religious marriages I know of are flourishing.

The problem is, atheism isn't a religion. Its completely off the religion tangent. A Muslim husband and a Christian wife both believe in a higher being. An atheist doesn't. 90% of a religious person's life revolves around God, 0% of an atheist's life revolves around God.

Atheists generally think religious people are ìdiots.
Religious people generally think atheists are the anti-christ.

A Christian will save a muslim from a burning building before he saves an atheist.

So you see, it's not the same at all.

I understand where you're coming from, but in this case its easier said than done.

2 Likes

Re: Girls night out discussions by BABE3: 6:33pm On Aug 05, 2015
cococandy:
@bold, I think that's a bit exaggerated.

I'm Christian but I can totally live with an atheist person on a daily basis.

I think it depends on individuals and their tolerance level.

So they may yet work around it if she's not condescending towards his beliefs and he's not self righteous towards her.

That was a figure of speech. What I meant was religious people are more tolerant towards each other than towards atheists.
Re: Girls night out discussions by Nobody: 6:43pm On Aug 05, 2015
BABE3:

I'm fine, thank you. smiley You?

Oh For those that care to know, I'm no more a vegan. A couple of months into the journey, I realized it isn't my calling. grin

Buhahhahahahahahahahahah grin grin grin grin grin grin I haff died. Lemme go back to reading the rest of the thread jare.
Re: Girls night out discussions by Nobody: 7:05pm On Aug 05, 2015
Kimoni, re: your post. I would reply the email as long as you don't have to click any links of pay kobo. As soon as either of those are suggested pick race with your legs hitting the back of your head like you are doing a butt-kick
Re: Girls night out discussions by Nobody: 7:09pm On Aug 05, 2015
F
jaybee3:
Still observing

@freecocoa
If you are dead certain of the sincerity of his love then surely the only noticeable gap in the relationship is the issue of flexibility as far as opinion and positions are concerned.

These may appear trivial at the minute but they can be huge in the wider scheme of things. It appears that both of you are strong opinionated and the only way to counter two strong personality is by ensuring there is constant consistent communication between you two. You both have to keep reassuring one another about respecting each other's views and sometimes even go extra length to see the other person's point of view when taking informed decisions

You both have to learn to listen and accommodate each other's differences where possible

Find common ground some times and see how the relationship changes course.

Are you a gyelwuman shocked
Okay, back to reading
Re: Girls night out discussions by Nobody: 7:11pm On Aug 05, 2015
Freecocoa, when inconsequential reasons are given for walking out of a relationship by a sensible woman like yourself it's best to just walk away. It means there is no 'juzj' ( Juzj - loving and wanting to be with someone with careless abandon). In my books, you gotta have the juzj to marry someone grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Girls night out discussions by Kimoni: 7:18pm On Aug 05, 2015
naijababe:
Kimoni, re: your post. I would reply the email as long as you don't have to click any links of pay kobo. As soon as either of those are suggested pick race with your legs hitting the back of your head like you are doing a butt-kick

Lol...no clicking...trust me

The online reviews were actually from their ex-staffs who complained seriously about their working conditions. So i thought I should get feedback from someone who currently works there.

I no dey ever click o grin grin
Re: Girls night out discussions by cococandy(f): 7:19pm On Aug 05, 2015
BABE3:

That was a figure of speech. What I meant was religious people are more tolerant towards each other than towards atheists.

I know. I'm just saying you also have religious people who are tolerant towards atheists.

I do know why you put it that way though.
The "you will go to hell I can't stand you" kind of people. grin
Re: Girls night out discussions by Kimoni: 7:19pm On Aug 05, 2015
jaybee3:

I don't think you should bother with them. The role is going to be based on commission if successful and the negative reviews can't be ignored

Funny, the online reviews were centered majorly on pay and commission. Thanks
Re: Girls night out discussions by jaybee3(m): 7:19pm On Aug 05, 2015
milychocs:
F

Are you a gyelwuman shocked
Okay, back to reading

What's a gyelwuman?

I've got the D and i'm pretty sure it's way better than the one tollu described
Re: Girls night out discussions by Kimoni: 7:24pm On Aug 05, 2015
damiso:

Never heard of them ..

However all the bolder bits of the email always send alarm bells ringing.. I personally don't like Job ads that emphasise training you over the actual skill set/experience of the candidates they are looking for.

You will almost often have to pay for the 'training' before you are then 'placed' into a role.

Hahahahahahahahaha I had to go back and check their previous mails, only the initial mail had no bolded letters, subsequent ones had them. Thanks for the observation. As per the training, I guess they just want to hype themselves small.

I think I'll redirect all their mails to my trash bin now.
Re: Girls night out discussions by Kimoni: 7:25pm On Aug 05, 2015
jaybee3:

What's a gyelwuman?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin you are a clown!

Picturesoridontbelieveit lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Girls night out discussions by Nobody: 7:25pm On Aug 05, 2015
jaybee3:

What's a gyelwuman?

Lol
Was asking about girl/woman cos I saw it is a girl thread...didnt know guys were allowed to post here
...same way I never opend the guys thread...silly me
So that means I cannot say the big baaad me stuff to other women...for them to analyse, cos guys may see it
I am not happy cheesy

Anyway, that was my roundabout way of saying hi...
Cos I like you
In a good way ooo
(Keeps quiet...and continues reading)

I am sorry @ all for derailing
Good thread
Re: Girls night out discussions by Nobody: 7:27pm On Aug 05, 2015
jaybee3:

What's a gyelwuman?

Picture or adonbilivit grin
Re: Girls night out discussions by BABE3: 7:27pm On Aug 05, 2015
cococandy:

I know. I'm just saying you also have religious people who are tolerant towards atheists.

I do know why you put it that way though.
The "you will go to hell I can't stand you" kind of people. grin

Thank you jare. You get it.
Re: Girls night out discussions by jaybee3(m): 7:27pm On Aug 05, 2015
Kimoni:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin you are a clown!

Picturesoridontbelieveit lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Feeling is believing dear

tongue tongue
Re: Girls night out discussions by Kimoni: 7:28pm On Aug 05, 2015
tearoses:

Ive never heard of them
But the way I look at it is if they are that good a company to work for, they will have people throwing cv's at them and "fighting" to work for them and not the other way round . . .unless you have a skill that no one else can offer.

Na dem sabi wetin no loss wey dem dey find up and down cheesy....thanks a lot. Appreciate
Re: Girls night out discussions by Kimoni: 7:29pm On Aug 05, 2015
jaybee3:

Feeling is believing dear

tongue tongue

Feeling is nothing, seeing is everything tongue
Re: Girls night out discussions by jaybee3(m): 7:30pm On Aug 05, 2015
milychocs:

Lol
Was asking about girl/woman cos I saw it is a girl thread...didnt know guys were allowed to post here
...same way I never opend the guys thread...silly me
So that means I cannot say the big baaad me stuff to other women...for them to analyse, cos guys may see it
I am not happy cheesy

Anyway, that was my roundabout way of saying hi...
Cos I like you
In a good way ooo
(Keeps quiet...and continues reading)

I am sorry @ all for derailing
Good thread

I had to beg before commenting on the thread ooo but then again i could have easily come out as a girl considering my Ma only managed to buck the trend at the 7th try.

Only boy and last born.

cry cry

I like you too hence why ive been stalking you...
Just ordinary like ooo. tongue tongue
Re: Girls night out discussions by Nobody: 7:31pm On Aug 05, 2015
Kimoni:

Feeling is nothing, seeing is everything tongue

Choi!!! Make I nor just say anything.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (41) (Reply)

Anything Wrong With Sleeping In This Position With My Sister? - Jayzeez / Wife Sends Photo Of Her Drunk Husband Who Slept In The Toilet To Friend / Man Discovered He Is Not The Father Of His Children Through Wife's Chat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.