Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:51 AM

Girls night out discussions - Family (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Girls night out discussions (86668 Views)

Home Economics Discussions For Moms / Girls Night Out Part 2!!!! Better And Simplified / Boys Night Out Discussions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Girls night out discussions by freecocoa(f): 5:08pm On Aug 05, 2015
moca:

U r right Buky but my fear is she is not at peace with his so called flaws.

It's ok since she has admitted it's too much novels.

Freecocoa, reprogramme ur mind to accept d flaws.

Eg,i hate people that snores so much cos I will be deprived of my precious sleep.

D first time me and hubby slept together,gal see drumming(lol)
I was awake all night
I was like"is this what I will condone for the rest of our sleeping together!"

But since I was at peace with my soul over him,i quickly adapted.
Started looking for solution to d snoring thing.
And if it disturbs me, I will go to another rm and sleep.

The cause was discovered and medically dealt with.
Okay then, maybe with more money(including mine)before them go talk say feminist dey find man money, I guess the refinement I so crave will come, by thunder by storm.grin

#Watchingandprayin
Re: Girls night out discussions by edwife(f): 5:09pm On Aug 05, 2015
Truckpusher:
I'm not a bad boy .

I like freecocoa, could you please match make us? cheesy

She has a boyfriend(well still contemplating),an atheist,a feminist and very nice lady. smiley

And most importantly she is HERE! grin
Re: Girls night out discussions by Nobody: 5:09pm On Aug 05, 2015
Freecocoa,this is deep.
Very deep.
Hmn...
Re: Girls night out discussions by Nobody: 5:10pm On Aug 05, 2015
Freecocoa this is my view on the matter.

If you are not feeling the man, no matter how much he loves you, you wont appreciate it or reciprocate his love and it will be very frustrating for both of you.

The things you have also picked on that bug you are not things that can be changed either; He cant grow taller and he cant be funnier. Some people are blessed with the gift of the gab and being able to lighten up a room and some just arent. The anger he can work on, but thats about it.

This is a man you will be with for a long long time. If you are not feeling the man now, then you def wont feel him when the stresses of marriage come.

Some of the things you mentioned may not bother some other people but it def bothers you and so it shouldnt be swept under the carpet.

Ive missed some posts so my aplogies if I am repeating what someone has already said.
Re: Girls night out discussions by babygirlfl: 5:11pm On Aug 05, 2015
freecocoa:
Okay ladies, so when does it become "expecting too much" in a man?

I should give a synopsis for better understanding.

Ok so you were in a relationship for say 2 years or more and it was okay, you both were in love but usually argue about things, not like in a quarrelsome way, just tend to see things differently a lot and are both very passionate about your views which kinda makes it get personal most times, but along the line, you noticed he's tilted a whole lot to your side, while still holding unto some of his.

He tends to get really angry when he gets angry and doesn't really give people second chances and that's something you don't like, as you on the other hand can give chances die and you wish he was taller than he is, funnier and act in what you believe is a "more civilised" way, he's not bush or anything, you just believe there's still room for refinement.

But are you sure this guy loves you? You can say a resounding yes and he does it with a passion that can literally be felt, sometimes you even fear if this is just love, he is extremely proud of you, all his friends place you on a pedestal, you are sure he'd defend you even if they say something not pleasant about you, in plain words, he adores you. Yet somehow, you can't get to look past the things listed, as you keep feeling like if he doesn't meet up to those expectations, you'd never really be happy with him, you realise you love him but just can't seem to admire him.

Do you think those things are too trivial a thing to look out for in a man and hold onto? Or is she stuck in lalaland?

freecocoa,

When it comes to what to look out for in a man, I have realised that one man's meat is another man's poison. Women look for different things in a man. If you ask me if those things are trivial, I will probably say yes but I am not the person marrying him. The important question is how important are these things to you? I have seen people whose problem that led to a bigger problem and then divorce started from what we I would call trivial. Hence I always advocate that people are told how to make a decision rather than just told what to look out for in a man. Please I am not telling you what to ask but just saying. This is how I make my decisions on such issue.

1.Write down what I like and what I hate about the person.
2. Prioritise the list (i.e what I love so much my spouse should be, what I can compromise and what I hate so much my spouse should not be) It is always best to be realistic when making such lists.
3. I then tick from the lists. If there is something I really want my spouse to have and he does not have or something I don't want my spouse to have and he has, then its time to ask myself if I can live with/without it for the rest of my life. If yes, I go for him and if not, I move on.
Re: Girls night out discussions by Nobody: 5:11pm On Aug 05, 2015
Is he a very principled man?

I know why I'm asking.
Re: Girls night out discussions by freecocoa(f): 5:12pm On Aug 05, 2015
jaybee3:

You are intelligent no doubt but an underrated facet of intelligence is the ability to appreciate and embed diversity when dealing with issues

Well, I won't deny almost everyone also says "You no dey ever gree" chai! It's like I'm so seeing me clearly for the first time.*covers face with palm*

But I dey gree on few occasions though.
Re: Girls night out discussions by Truckpusher(m): 5:13pm On Aug 05, 2015
edwife:

She has a boyfriend(well still contemplating),an atheist,a feminist and very nice lady. smiley

And most importantly she is HERE! grin
I love competition my lady. wink
She's here? Damn! Gotta run - She talks like a lady that can beat the hell out of a gentleman like me . cheesy
Re: Girls night out discussions by Nobody: 5:14pm On Aug 05, 2015
tearoses:

If you are not feeling the man, no matter how much he loves you, you wont appreciate it or reciprocate.

The things you have also picked on that bug you are not things that can be changed. He cant grow taller and he cant be funnier. Some people are blessed with the gift of lightning up a room and some arent. The anger he can work on, but thats about it.

This is a man you will be with for a long long time. If you are not feeling the man now, then you def wont feel him when the stresses of marriage come.

Ive missed some posts so my aplogies if I am repeating what someone has already said.

Perfect. Like my initial post.
Now, d main koko is this religious stuff.

Remember, marriage in our setting is mainly extended.
People will pokenose and interfer whether u like it or not so I ask is he a principled dude?
Re: Girls night out discussions by bukatyne(f): 5:15pm On Aug 05, 2015
tearoses:

If you are not feeling the man, no matter how much he loves you, you wont appreciate it or reciprocate his love and it will be very frustrating for both of you.

The things you have also picked on that bug you are not things that can be changed either; He cant grow taller and he cant be funnier. Some people are blessed with the gift of the gab and being able to lighten up a room and some just arent. The anger he can work on, but thats about it.

Some of the things you mentioned may not bother some other people but it def bothers you and so it shouldnt be swept under the carpet.

How did your Chinese Fried Jollof Rice go?
Re: Girls night out discussions by freecocoa(f): 5:19pm On Aug 05, 2015
moca:
Freecocoa,this is deep.
Very deep.
Hmn...
So you see, I'm resigned for a reason, I do love him and he loves me with the kind of fire I want to be loved with.

Oh lord! Why meeeeeeeee?

*Wails.*
Re: Girls night out discussions by Nobody: 5:20pm On Aug 05, 2015
Damiso Ive learnt that it is different strokes for different folks when it comes to marriage

I personally dont think that I can live apart from my husband; but I say that becasue I dont have the need do it and dont find myself in that situation
If I didnt have a choice, then maybe I will have a different attitude towards this but I will find it hard. I am too much of a touchy feely gisty talkative person embarassed
Re: Girls night out discussions by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 05, 2015
bukatyne:

How did your Chinese Fried Jollof Rice go?

Ah It wasnt bad o!
It was a little messy cos I had to grate the cauliflower and it went everywhere embarassed
It tasted not too different from chinese fried rice
Very healthy too as there was no rice involved.
But I will always choose the real thing over it if I had a choice though smiley
Re: Girls night out discussions by Nobody: 5:24pm On Aug 05, 2015
moca:

Perfect. Like my initial post.
Now, d main koko is this religious stuff.

Remember, marriage in our setting is mainly extended.
People will pokenose and interfer whether u like it or not so I ask is he a principled dude?

Which religious stuff?
Lemme stop readin posts from back to front and start from the beginning embarassed
Re: Girls night out discussions by Nobody: 5:25pm On Aug 05, 2015
freecocoa:
So you see, I'm not resigned for a reason, I do love him and he loves me with the kind of fire I want to be loved with.

Oh lord! Why meeeeeeeee?

*Wails.*
Oh babe,dont cry.
We will sort this out kiss
Re: Girls night out discussions by Nobody: 5:30pm On Aug 05, 2015
tearoses:

Which religious stuff?
Lemme stop readin posts from back to front and start from the beginning embarassed

Better doo oh! cheesy
Freecocoa is a very stubborn child,number one.
2.she is highly temperamental,so she is melancholic.
Number 3,she be atteist.

Now her man has to match her on be on top of d game to subdue her else she will be d one marrying d man.

(freecocoa, no vex,im a realist)

But if she loves d dude very well,she can adjust even if she don't agree with d man's norms all d time.

1 Like

Re: Girls night out discussions by BABE3: 5:32pm On Aug 05, 2015
freecocoa:
Okay then, maybe with more money(including mine)before them go talk say feminist dey find man money, I guess the refinement I so crave will come, by thunder by storm.grin

#Watchingandprayin

The religion issue is much more important than his height. So, I'll eat my words; I'm not sure it's advisable to go on with the relationship..... but what do I know? I can imagine how you make the poor fella feel during your religion arguments. Smh. grin

When you say you're more intelligent than him, I perfectly understand.

Lets say you guys end up together, when you start poping put kids, are you guys going to teach them to be atheists or Christians or half-and-half? Will your kids go to church?

What of his family members? Are they gonna be okay with him marrying an atheist/"devil's agent"? grin

God forbid something bad happens to him or both of you. Maybe he loses his job; I picture him blaming it on you. I picture him telling you its a sign that God wants you to change your ways.

What about him gan-gan? It's easier said than done. He probably hasn't thought about this as he should. He's probably just high on love, and not thinking practically.

Now, best case scenarios,
1) you convert back to Christianity
2) he joins you on your atheism journey.
3) both of you (including family) accept and respect each other's views on religion.

I know don't see "1" and "3" happening. So "2" is your best bet. Get to work! grin

Oh, before I forget, if you decide you're done with the relationship, I know a handsome atheist fella in the religion section looking for love; tall, dark, and smart. Holla..
Re: Girls night out discussions by MizMyColi(f): 5:33pm On Aug 05, 2015
Hi Freecocoa

I wish I could make this shorter, but this is a sista speaking to another from the heart.
I can't help it.
So!smiley
Let's hope you're not averse to 'em' epistles.

I know the feeling.
In a nutshell, He loves you wayyy more than you love him, and you see in him, more of a friend/bedrock...than someone you really have the hots for, and tsk, let's drop the theory of idealism here....these things matter.

Ultimately we want to be with someone whom we not just truly love, but truly desire.
The love you have for him is there.
Desire is what isn't.

And it kinda makes you somewhat ashamed that you're looking for more, that spark. You don't wanna be seen as the "oliver twisty kinda person who wants it all" - when in reality, there's never really a 100% in these kinda things.

Perhaps, just maybe, he's really attractive and adorable and admirable in ways that you do not envisage.

Well dearie, this is life, and it is what we make of it.
I have always said that openness, sincerity and trust is the only way we can have meaningful relationships.

Have you considered talking with him?
Do you think his ego would be battered if you were to SINCERELY talk about things that you like/do not like about eachother, warts and all?

Come to think of it, has it occurred to you that there might be warts and rough edges about you he's equally not soooo cool with?

I mean, it's always easy doling out our true-to-type-esque specifications on the kind of man we want, right?
But what about us, are we really the kind of women they want?

Or did they make peace with things they couldn't change about us, and decided to love us silly? Your guess is as good as mine.

Your post gives the impression you're a perfectionist. Most perfectionists have these kind of nagging issues, so just so you know...
You're not alonewink

Ultimately love, it is your life, and you are in charge of your happiness.
The decision behoves on you to decide whether you want to compromise ( oh, let me add here that I've seen folks who started out this way and are far better for it today. They grew into the business of loving)

Or...

You can let go, knowing fully well, that you think you deserve more, better, and then hope that whoever he is, wherever he is, the universe would cause a lifetime connection between you two....in the fullness of time.

Whichever it is, Godspeedwink

2 Likes

Re: Girls night out discussions by Nobody: 5:36pm On Aug 05, 2015
damiso:

Yeah i think its easier for a couple married longer.

Funny enough I think its harder
You get used to the companionship and doing everything together and the other person being there and suddenly the person isnt there anymore
Re: Girls night out discussions by Kimoni: 5:39pm On Aug 05, 2015
Jaybee3, Damiso, tearoses, TV01, Sagamite, naijababe, Coogar, anybody else that can help pls

Pls who has any information about Devere Group?? Their website is nice and all but I read some very bad reviews about them online. I need information about their pay, bonuses, working conditions etc. They have been sending me some series of invites which I have ignored so far because I think there is something fishy about them but they are quite persistent. I want to know if I should bother with them at all on Friday.

Buka et al. - pls sorry to bump your discssuion. Abeg no vex. I just need to make up my mind urgently.

Re: Girls night out discussions by jaybee3(m): 5:44pm On Aug 05, 2015
I actually don't see any problem with inter religious relationships so long as the two involved are ready to accommodate each other's differences.

No marriage will work without employing flexibility to key issues

We are all different people and we need to be able to accommodate each other's differences in order to coexist. I can't over empahisise how important this is as that's the only magic people fail to identify with
Re: Girls night out discussions by Nobody: 5:46pm On Aug 05, 2015
jaybee3:
I actually don't see any problem with inter religious relationships so long as the two involved are ready to accommodate each other's differences.

We are all different people and we need to be able to accommodate each other's differences in order to coexist. I can't over empahisise how important this is as that's the only magic people fail to identify with

Supported!!!

I'm a christain and I support this..
Re: Girls night out discussions by Nobody: 5:47pm On Aug 05, 2015
freecocoa:
Ehen there's this thing that might only be important on the list that I forgot(see my life)

I have taken this atheism thing really serious and I don't know what will ever make me go back and he's christian, in the course of our relationship, we talked about it a lot and he's cool with it but expects I accept and understand his, he says I talk to him like he's stup1d when we debate about God and religion, he said he knows it will sound like "just talk" when he says even if it means foregoing a church wedding, but that he's willing to do that for me.

Do you still think it will be great with this? I won't ask another question, no vex.

On this point it will be very difficult, becasue one of you is going to want to influence the other
The difference between a Christian and aethist cant be under estimated or swept under the carpet and the pressure may eventually get to him/you
This is not a case of him liking foo foo and you liking eba
Religion is one of our strongest core makeup.
So one of you is going to be at loggerheads with their heart desires if one of you gives in to the other.
Then you have the issue of how to bring your children up.
This has to be resolved and you both be at peace with your individual descsion first before you go to the alter
Re: Girls night out discussions by jaybee3(m): 5:50pm On Aug 05, 2015
Kimoni:
Jaybee3, Damiso, tearoses, TV01, Sagamite, naijababe, Coogar, anybody else that can help pls

Pls who has any information about Devere Group?? Their website is nice and all but I read some very bad reviews about them online. I need information about their pay, bonuses, working conditions etc. They have been sending me some series of invites which I have ignored so far because I think there is something fishy about them but they are quite persistent. I want to know if I should bother with them at all on Friday.

Buka et al. - pls sorry to bump your discssuion. Abeg no vex. I just need to make up my mind urgently.

I don't think you should bother with them. The role is going to be based on commission if successful and the negative reviews can't be ignored
Re: Girls night out discussions by damiso(f): 5:51pm On Aug 05, 2015
Kimoni:

Never heard of them ..

However all the bolder bits of the email always send alarm bells ringing.. I personally don't like Job ads that emphasise training you over the actual skill set/experience of the candidates they are looking for.

You will almost often have to pay for the 'training' before you are then 'placed' into a role.
Re: Girls night out discussions by Nobody: 5:51pm On Aug 05, 2015
tearoses:

On this point it will be very difficult, becasue one of you is going to want to influence the other
The difference between a Christian and aethist cant be under estimated or swept under the carpet and the pressure may eventually get to him.
This is not a case of him liking foo foo and you liking eba
Religion is one of our strongest core makeup.
So one of you is going to be at loggerheads with their heart desires if one of you gives in to the other.
Then you have the issue of how to bring your children up.
This has to be resolved and you both be at peace with your individual descsion first.

I think it's Possible if they both respect and tolerate their individual religions...

Cc: freecocoa
Re: Girls night out discussions by Nobody: 5:52pm On Aug 05, 2015
Kimoni:

Ive never heard of them
But the way I look at it is if they are that good a company to work for, they will have people throwing cv's at them and "fighting" to work for them and not the other way round . . .unless you have a skill that no one else can offer.
Re: Girls night out discussions by freecocoa(f): 5:52pm On Aug 05, 2015
BABE3:

The religion issue is much more important than his height. So, I'll eat my words; I'm not sure it's advisable to go on with the relationship..... but what do I know? I can imagine how you make the poor fella feel during your religion arguments. Smh. grin

When you say you're more intelligent than him, I perfectly understand.

Lets say you guys end up together, when you start poping put kids, are you guys going to teach them to be atheists or Christians or half-and-half? Will your kids go to church?

What of his family members? Are they gonna be okay with him marrying an atheist/"devil's agent"? grin

God forbid something bad happens to him or both of you. Maybe he loses his job; I picture him blaming it on you. I picture him telling you its a sign that God wants you to change your ways.

What about him gan-gan? It's easier said than done. He probably hasn't thought about this as he should. He's probably just high on love, and not thinking practically.

Now, best case scenarios,
1) you convert back to Christianity
2) he joins you on your atheism journey.
3) both of you (including family) accept and respect each other's views on religion.

I know don't see "1" and "3" happening. So "2" is your best bet. Get to work! grin

Oh, before I forget, if you decide you're done with the relationship, I know a handsome atheist fella in the religion section looking for love; tall, dark, and smart. Holla..
I know you'll understand and quite frankly he's told me his parents might faint if they know am atheist, still he's insistent he can make it work.

We've had the talk about kids but honestly? If am gonna keep living in Naija, hoping to marry a Naija man who goes to church, I'll have to bend and let the kids go to church(since I went to church but still found my true calling), maybe one day they can be me.#evilsmile

But the real problem is, knowing myself, I'll prolly tell them Jonah didn't swallow any fish or was it the fish that swallowed him sef, should they askgrin and won't they worry why mum never goes to church with them?

This religious matter is honestly why I kept telling myself it won't work.

Well, thank you for your thoughtful input.

I'll wait on my lord for directions, as regards your offer.;

1 Like

Re: Girls night out discussions by Nobody: 5:54pm On Aug 05, 2015
Don't argue about his choice of religion, Respect IT...

Cc: Freecocoa
Re: Girls night out discussions by BABE3: 5:54pm On Aug 05, 2015
jaybee3:

I see no problem with inter-religious marriages too. In fact, all the inter-religious marriages I know of are flourishing.

The problem is, atheism isn't a religion. Its completely off the religion tangent. A Muslim husband and a Christian wife both believe in a higher being. An atheist doesn't. 90% of a religious person's life revolves around God, 0% of an atheist's life revolves around God.

Atheists generally think religious people are ìdiots.
Religious people generally think atheists are the anti-christ.

A Christian will save a muslim from a burning building before he saves an atheist.

So you see, it's not the same at all.

I understand where you're coming from, but in this case its easier said than done.
Re: Girls night out discussions by freecocoa(f): 5:55pm On Aug 05, 2015
keppyy:

I think it's Possible if they both respect and tolerate their individual religions...

keppyy:
Don't argue about his choice of religion, Respect IT...
Cc: Freecocoa
What of the kids?
Re: Girls night out discussions by Nobody: 5:56pm On Aug 05, 2015
keppyy:

Its going to be hard.
The pressure on the Christian will be intense
Every week in Church "Where is your wife?"
"We are praying for her"
On Sunday when she wants a lie in, he is getting ready for Church
If he is a Church worker, then several times a week he will be in Church
Is she prepared to deal with all that?
How will the kids be brought up? As Christians or aethists?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (41) (Reply)

Anything Wrong With Sleeping In This Position With My Sister? - Jayzeez / Man Discovered He Is Not The Father Of His Children Through Wife's Chat / Wife Sends Photo Of Her Drunk Husband Who Slept In The Toilet To Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.