Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,979 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Which Ethnic Group Comes 4th In Nigeria? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Ethnic Group Comes 4th In Nigeria? (7357 Views)

Which Ethnic Group Is The Majority In South South Geo Political Zone / Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. / Nigeria Military Ranks 4th In Africa And 36th In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Ethnic Group Comes 4th In Nigeria? by 1shortblackboy: 10:57am On Jan 05, 2014
This thread contains some of the silliest comments I ever encounterd on naiaraland.ya'll just displaying why Nigeria has not progressed for 100 years undecided

1 Like

Re: Which Ethnic Group Comes 4th In Nigeria? by meforyou1(m): 11:08am On Jan 05, 2014
odua boy: Any source to back up this spurious claim?
Google
Re: Which Ethnic Group Comes 4th In Nigeria? by sambos994(m): 11:12am On Jan 05, 2014
5.00GP:

BE DELUDING YOURSELF...

I guess you never passed primary school, hence your reading comprehension.
Re: Which Ethnic Group Comes 4th In Nigeria? by 500GP: 11:15am On Jan 05, 2014
SIMPLIFIED: .. I guess u didnt see "in no particular order" when i said Hausa, Igbo,Yoruba

THAT'S YOUR OWN VIEW..
THAT'S THE LATEST DEMOGRAPHIC COUNTING

HAUSA -FULANI (29%) YORUBA(21%) IGBO (18%) IJAW (10%).....

YOU ARE ANGRY BECAUSE U ARE FROM MONITORY TRIBE.......
Re: Which Ethnic Group Comes 4th In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:19am On Jan 05, 2014
5.00GP:

THAT'S YOUR OWN VIEW..

Curiously, besides the papers and tv news, I have never actually met an ijaw person!!
Nigeria and their statistics sha
Re: Which Ethnic Group Comes 4th In Nigeria? by kettykin: 11:23am On Jan 05, 2014
5.00GP:

THAT'S YOUR OWN VIEW..

The problem with this Internet figures is that it doesn't not reflect with what is on the ground.
The population of igbos is second to the indigenes in all 30 states where igbos are not dominant , igbos produce the highest numbers of people seeking secondary school and university admissions , this facts when compared to the census simply means either the census is incorrect or rigged or the igbo population was counted for other tribes

5 Likes

Re: Which Ethnic Group Comes 4th In Nigeria? by 500GP: 11:31am On Jan 05, 2014
eluquenson: Niegria Ethnic groups as at 2013
21% Yoruba
21% Hausa
18% Igbo
11% Fulani
7% Efik-Ibibio
4% Kanuri
3% Tiv
3% Edo
2% Ijaw
10% others

HAUSA /FULANI ARE GROUPED TOGETHER. THEY'RE NOT SEPARATED....

IAccording to current demographics,
after Hausa-Fulani (29%), Yoruba (21%),
Igbo (18%) and Ijaw (10%) comes Kanuri
(4%) and then Ibibio (3.5%) and Tiv
(2.5%).

YOU ARE TOTALLY WRONG...

WIKIPEDIA DOESN'T HAVE TRUE FACT SOMETIMES...
Re: Which Ethnic Group Comes 4th In Nigeria? by ijawcitizen(m): 11:34am On Jan 05, 2014
torkaka:

Curiously, besides the papers and tv news, I have never actually met an ijaw person!!
Nigeria and their statistics sha
Ijaws being the fourth largest does depend on whether YOU (a single individual) have met an Ijaw person or not.

Even when Ijaw people feature prominiently thru'out the history of this country, you can hardly identify one as Ijaw because we always have a calm disposition of not parading our ethnic flag in a chauvinistic manner.

I could name 10 very prominient people in Nigeria and I doubt if you'd known they were Ijaws, we're sublime like that.

Once again, Ijaws being 4th largest doen't depend on if you've met any in ur lifetime or not. Just as America being the greatest country in the world doesn't depend on if you've been to America or not.

Stop reasoning like an illiterate and quit arguing like a beer parlour chief discussant.
Re: Which Ethnic Group Comes 4th In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:37am On Jan 05, 2014
The fact is that the igbos are 1st or 2nd in population in virtually all states in nigeria among the 3 major ethnic grp, demographic figure was too incapable of showing that.
Re: Which Ethnic Group Comes 4th In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:39am On Jan 05, 2014
ijaw citizen: Ijaws being the fourth largest does depend on whether YOU (a single individual) have met an Ijaw person or not.

Even when Ijaw people feature prominiently thru'out the history of this country, you can hardly identify one as Ijaw because we always have a calm disposition of not parading our ethnic flag in a chauvinistic manner.

I could name 10 very prominient people in Nigeria and I doubt if you'd known they were Ijaws, we're sublime like that.

Once again, Ijaws being 4th largest doen't depend on if you've met any in ur lifetime or not. Just as America being the greatest country in the world doesn't depend on if you've been to America or not.

Stop reasoning like an illiterate and quit arguing like a beer parlour chief discussant.
name the 10 prominent people.
Re: Which Ethnic Group Comes 4th In Nigeria? by 500GP: 11:52am On Jan 05, 2014
[quote author=kettykin]
The problem with this Internet figures is that it doesn't not reflect with what is on the ground.
The population of igbos is second to the indigenes in all 30 states where igbos are not dominant , igbos produce the highest numbers of people seeking secondary school and university admissions , this facts when compared to the census simply means either the census is incorrect or rigged or the igbo population was counted for other tribes.[quote]

INTERNET FIGURES REFLECT WHAT IS ON GROUND....
WHO TOLD U THAT IGBO PRODUCE THE HIGHEST NUMBER OF PEOPLE SEEKING SECONDARY SCHOOL N TERTIARY ADMISSION ADMISSION? BASELESS FACT
IGBO DOESN'T VALUES EDUCATION BUT NEFARIOUS BUSINESS (ACTIVITIES )
IGBO POPULATION HAS BEEN REDUCED DRASTICALLY BY THE CIVIL WAR...

The population of Lagos today is about
more than the total population of all
Eastern states combined.
Re: Which Ethnic Group Comes 4th In Nigeria? by kokoA(m): 11:57am On Jan 05, 2014
me_for_you: even in futminna, in GST103, we were taught that tivs are 4th largest. Though I doubt it. Think it's nupes
grin that's what we learnt from our alma mata.. I thank God we learnt well. grin Bros, which year you graduate from fut mx?
Re: Which Ethnic Group Comes 4th In Nigeria? by kokoA(m): 11:58am On Jan 05, 2014
ecosanders: . U must b a Danfodite.
What's that?
Re: Which Ethnic Group Comes 4th In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jan 05, 2014
[quote author=5.00GP][/quote]soo why are u complaining that igbos are dragging lagos with yorubas, don't be sentimental, don't allow this thread to be derailed, igbo have atleast 35% of lagos population, 65% for other tribes.

2 Likes

Re: Which Ethnic Group Comes 4th In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jan 05, 2014
5.00GP:

THAT'S YOUR OWN VIEW..

what is MONITORY TRIBE?
did you mean minority tribe?
Re: Which Ethnic Group Comes 4th In Nigeria? by eluquenson(m): 12:12pm On Jan 05, 2014
5.00GP:

[s]HAUSA /FULANI ARE GROUPED TOGETHER. THEY'RE NOT SEPARATED....[/s]
IAccording to current demographics,
after Hausa-Fulani (29%), Yoruba (21%),
Igbo (18%) and Ijaw (10%) comes Kanuri
(4%) and then Ibibio (3.5%) and Tiv
(2.5%).

YOU ARE TOTALLY WRONG...

[s]WIKIPEDIA DOESN'T HAVE TRUE FACT SOMETIMES[/s]...
So you have the right source, i cant imagine how some people think, wikipedia has a wrong statistics haba . He that has brain should make use of it.
Even Hausa people doesn't accept Fulanis to be there tribe.
Re: Which Ethnic Group Comes 4th In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jan 05, 2014
ijaw citizen: Ijaws being the fourth largest does depend on whether YOU (a single individual) have met an Ijaw person or not.

I'll take the beer palour and illiterate insult as one coming from an individual who lacks intellect disposition!

Now, on to the matter;

According to the last census, Bayelsa the largest enclave of the ijaws has a total population of about 1.8million with ijaws making 90% of the population. On the other hand, Benue the largest enclave of the tivs has a total population of about 4.5million with the tivs making 75% of the population. both tribes are found in large numbers in other states especially: ijaw; rivers and delta. Tiv; taraba and nasarawa.
It is worthy to also note (those who live in Abuja can verify) that the tivs are arguably one of the major tribes residing in Abuja!!

You can now start your argument, and please throw in concrete facts!! Not facts based on an ijaw man being president!!

1 Like

Re: Which Ethnic Group Comes 4th In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jan 05, 2014
torkaka:

I'll take the beer palour and illiterate insult as one coming from an individual who lacks intellect disposition!

Now, on to the matter;

According to the last census, Bayelsa the largest enclave of the ijaws has a total population of about 1.8million with ijaws making 90% of the population. On the other hand, Benue the largest enclave of the tivs has a total population of about 4.5million with the tivs making 75% of the population. both tribes are found in large numbers in other states especially: ijaw; rivers and delta. Tiv; taraba and nasarawa.
It is worthy to also note (those who live in Abuja can verify) that the tivs are arguably one of the major tribes residing in Abuja!!

You can now start your argument, and please throw in concrete facts!! Not facts based on an ijaw man being president!!
though the census wasn't formidable, but for me I believe the tiv have population more than the ijaws, I have only met 1 ijaw man all my life, the EDOs, ibibio and nupe has more population that the ijaws.
Re: Which Ethnic Group Comes 4th In Nigeria? by ijawcitizen(m): 12:44pm On Jan 05, 2014
torkaka:

Now, on to the matter;

If you're not ignorant, you'd know that population figures of states is not a yardstick to determine the population of ethnic groups. You really don't know much about Bayelsa state else you'd know that 70% of Bayelsans are based outside Bayelsa state but comes around once in a while, a lot of them don't come around at all. Same with the Ijaws in Rivers state who love staying upland and always end up marrying Igbos.

No point arguing with you, afterall you've never met an Ijaw man before so whatever I tell you won't really matter to you.

Just wait for the results of the next census as the FG has agreed to include HOMETOWN & ETHNICITY on the record sheet. There won't be room for anyone to deny their ethnicity as the HOMETOWN would make one's ethnicity sufficiently vivid.

I guess by then you'd pick a quarrel with Ogbia people for being Ijaws. What about Epie, Engenni, Andoni and the people of Eastern Obolo/Ibeno LGAs in Akwa Ibom state?

Happy Nightmares in ur quest to attack anything Ijaws.
Re: Which Ethnic Group Comes 4th In Nigeria? by 500GP: 12:47pm On Jan 05, 2014
Heavensake:

what is MONITORY TRIBE?
did you mean minority tribe?

IT'S A MISTAKE I MADE DUE TO RESPEOND IN FASTNESS TO UR COMMENTS
Re: Which Ethnic Group Comes 4th In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jan 05, 2014
ijaw citizen: No point arguing with you, afterall you've never met an Ijaw man before so whatever I tell you won't really matter to you.

Just wait for the results of the next census as the FG has agreed to include HOMETOWN & ETHNICITY on the record sheet. There won't be room for anyone to deny their ethnicity as the HOMETOWN would make one's ethnicity sufficiently vivid.

I guess by then you'd pick a quarrel with Ogbia people for being Ijaws. What about Epie, Engenni, Andoni and the people of Eastern Obolo/Ibeno LGAs in Akwa Ibom state.

When its time to back your claims with facts you run and hide, but when its gingered with insults, you are number one
Re: Which Ethnic Group Comes 4th In Nigeria? by ijawcitizen(m): 12:52pm On Jan 05, 2014
torkaka:

When its time to back your claims with facts you run and hide, but when its gingered with insults, you are number one
Go thru my modified post, there are enough facts there.
Re: Which Ethnic Group Comes 4th In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jan 05, 2014
ijaw citizen:

If you're not ignorant, you'd know that population figures of states is not a yardstick to determine the population of ethnic groups. You really don't know much about Bayelsa state else you'd know that 70% of Bayelsans are based outside Bayelsa state but comes around once in a while, a lot of them don't come around at all. Same with the Ijaws in Rivers state who love staying upland and always end up marrying Igbos.

No point arguing with you, afterall you've never met an Ijaw man before so whatever I tell you won't really matter to you.

I guess by then you'd pick a quarrel with Ogbia people for being Ijaws. What about Epie, Engenni, Andoni and the people of Eastern Obolo/Ibeno LGAs in Akwa Ibom state?

the problem is that we don't even see those ijaws outside bayelsa, where do they go to? Pls don't reply with insults, u are fond of that.
Re: Which Ethnic Group Comes 4th In Nigeria? by 500GP: 12:54pm On Jan 05, 2014
eluquenson:
So you have the right source, i cant imagine how some people think, wikipedia has a wrong statistics haba . He that has brain should make use of it.
Even Hausa people doesn't accept Fulanis to be there tribe.

ON WIKIPEDIA "IT'S WRITTEN THAT ALL FACTS MAY NOT BE TRUE...... "
HAUSA-FULANI ARE GROUPED TOGETHER.....

ARE U UPSET BECAUSE YOU ARE FROM THE MINORITY TRIBE .........
Re: Which Ethnic Group Comes 4th In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jan 05, 2014
customized13: the problem is that we don't even see those ijaws outside bayelsa, where do they go to? Pls don't reply with insults, u are fond of that.

Believe me, I have never met one before!
Re: Which Ethnic Group Comes 4th In Nigeria? by 500GP: 12:59pm On Jan 05, 2014
customized13: soo why are u complaining that igbos are dragging lagos with yorubas, don't be sentimental, don't allow this thread to be derailed, igbo have atleast 35% of lagos population, 65% for other tribes.

HOW CAN SOJOURNERS(IBO) BE 35% OF LAGOS POPULATION? ...
LAGOS IS PART OF SOUTH WEST STATES (YORUBA)
Re: Which Ethnic Group Comes 4th In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jan 05, 2014
5.00GP:

HOW CAN SOJOURNERS(IBO) BE 35% OF LAGOS POPULATION? ...
LAGOS IS PART OF SOUTH WEST STATES (YORUBA)
don't allow us go through this, I can't be lying about that, its very glaring.
Re: Which Ethnic Group Comes 4th In Nigeria? by ijawcitizen(m): 1:08pm On Jan 05, 2014
customized13: the problem is that we don't even see those ijaws outside bayelsa, where do they go to? Pls don't reply with insults, u are fond of that.
Seriously?
Do you know the ethnicity of all ur neighbours?
Do you know the ethnicity of everyone in your street, adjoining streets and neighbourhood?

75% of my neighbours don't even know my ethnicity, some only know I come from a multi-ethnic Delta state and I visit Warri a lot.

@Torkaka
Don't impose ur definciency of not recognizing Ijaws on other people.

2 Likes

Re: Which Ethnic Group Comes 4th In Nigeria? by basilo101: 1:08pm On Jan 05, 2014
[quote author=5.00GP][/quote]
hehehe, u r nt far frm suicide. Next census go blow fowl nyash
Re: Which Ethnic Group Comes 4th In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jan 05, 2014
ijaw citizen: Seriously?
Do you know the ethnicity of all ur neighbours?
Do you know the ethnicity of everyone in your street, adjoining streets and neighbourhood?

75% of my neighbours don't even know my ethnicity, some only know I come from a multi-ethnic Delta state and I visit Warri a lot.

@Torkaka
Don't impose ur definciency of not recognizing Ijaws on other people.

I impose and you are struggling to clarify him

Ijaws in Nigeria number 2.5million only. FACT!!
Re: Which Ethnic Group Comes 4th In Nigeria? by DerideGull(m): 1:42pm On Jan 05, 2014
5.00GP:
IT'S HAUSA, YORUBA IGBO........ NOT HAUSA IGBO ,YORUBA...

HAUSA-FULANI (29%) , YORUBA (21%) IGBO (18%) IJAW (10%)

Hausa-Fulani is not an ethnic group in Nigeria. There is no doubt you failed JAMB examination.
Re: Which Ethnic Group Comes 4th In Nigeria? by 500GP: 1:44pm On Jan 05, 2014
customized13: don't allow us go through this, I can't be lying about that, its very glaring.

LET'S GOES THROUGH IT...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari To Attend AU Summit In Mauritania / Tinubu Asks Senate To Confirm 10 INEC RECs / MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.