Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,009 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Most Nigerian Ladies Are Boring...not Current! - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Most Nigerian Ladies Are Boring...not Current! (5362 Views)

Nairaland Guys Are Boring! / Good Guys Are Boring. Do You Agree? / Cute Guys Are Boring? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Nigerian Ladies Are Boring...not Current! by Caracta(f): 12:57pm On Jan 05, 2014
dBard:

U seem t be d only one on dis thread worth an ans,
Tho I tend t agree wit d o.p (personal opinion)..I don'treally agree wit ur assertion that Iintelligence is relative..it isn't, neither is it specific.
Intelligence basically has t do wit how flexible n nimble a persons mind/thot processes is. It has to do wit a persons grasp of concepts n Broad understanding of his/her surroundings.
Knowing d function of NAFDAC but not knowing d head doesn't imply lack of intelligence cos dre is grasp but no specificity..
For e.g @Tinubu dat can read a definition but not grasp it can be said to b unintelligent and boring if I may add.

To cut a long story short..Any individual that , in a room full of people of different disciplines, cannot hold his/her own in discussions wit dem, that individual is lacking in intelligence..I.m.o

God bless you. I particularly love your conclusion and your explanation of 'grasp and specificity'. Makes sense. I agree with you. Beats down the arguments here that once you can't answer a question, you are automatically dumb or boring. Thanks a lot.

San Miguel:
Interesting.

My darling kiss kiss Happy sunday.
Re: Most Nigerian Ladies Are Boring...not Current! by naturalwaves: 12:59pm On Jan 05, 2014
Wislet: I don't know what you people are talking about.

@post, I think it's a 'supposed to' thing for a citizen to be aware of what's happening around him/her. Ignorance is no bliss....it's danger. When yo are asked to run, you will not because you do not listen to the news, you don't care to know the recent happenings in your state and the country at large.

It's good to have a little knowledge about every sector of the economy.

How can a person comfortably stay in a cocooned world...you only sleep, wake, eat, go to work, watch movies/music, probably gossip and that's it. Our idea of news these days(for some) is gossip and rumour mongering.

Read the papers, watch the news, engage in intelligent conversations...be interested in your country's politics and governance...if you aren't, who is supposed to do so for you? Who is going to tell the leaders what you want and keep them accountable?

It's little wonder young man and women of today do not have the interest to read long 'epistles'. You keep hearing, ''Oooh...who do you expect to read all that? Pls summarize'', etc.
Young people? If it were the older generation, one would understand. But young people with energy, clear eyes, sharp intellect, to see reading as a chore is unbelievable.

I like politics...could talk about it on and on...the banking sector, the infamous letters, the party games, Nigeria's geographical distribution and history, the war in South Sudan, Egypt uprising and so on.

It's good to know not only your surroundings, but about others too.

Even the Late Nelson Mandela asked the Nigerian officia who went to pay him a private visit if the apartheid story and Nigeria's contributions and help to South Africa and other nations weren't taught in Nigerian schools..... I can imagine the reaction of some students if that were to happen. Some would probably ask, ''How is this supposed to help me pass my exams/Can this put food on my table?'', and so on.

Yet, these are the supposed to be 'leaders of tomorrow'. How can you do better than your predecessors if you have zero inkling on the errors of yesteryears? How can you improve on what you do not know?

We need to change our mentality- as men and as women. The change you so cry and condemn others for could be in your hands tomorrow to effect. Would you do better if given the mantle NOW?
Exactly! Your post is very reasonable and I don't need to be told that you are indeed intelligent. If most ladies can dedicate half of the time they dedicate to gossips, movies, hairdos and make up into knowing some little basics, they won't come across as unintelligent or boring or not being current.
Re: Most Nigerian Ladies Are Boring...not Current! by naturalwaves: 1:15pm On Jan 05, 2014
Caracta:

God bless you. I particularly love your conclusion and your explanation of 'grasp and specificity'. Makes sense. I agree with you. Beats down the arguments here that once you can't answer a question, you are automatically dumb or boring. Thanks a lot.

If you had actually taken your time to read through the posts, you would have seen this point earlier on. No one will place a tag on you if you cannot answer some questions but that does not apply to some basics like the David Mark example the OP gave. That you even know him does not show intelligence, it only shows awareness. Intelligence itself would be found out in the course of a discussion. If you can't explain in a single sentence, his role as a Senate president (even if it is just one) then you will come across as not being intelligent. You might not like football too but you should know what NFA does.
Re: Most Nigerian Ladies Are Boring...not Current! by An0nimus: 1:17pm On Jan 05, 2014
Wislet please marry me kiss
Re: Most Nigerian Ladies Are Boring...not Current! by plekene(m): 1:20pm On Jan 05, 2014
Gbam..... Wislet u nail Å̶̷̩̥͡•̸Ϟ well
Re: Most Nigerian Ladies Are Boring...not Current! by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jan 05, 2014
naturalwaves:
Exactly! Your post is very reasonable and I don't need to be told that you are indeed intelligent. If most ladies can dedicate half of the time they dedicate to gossips, [b] movies, hairdos and make up [b] into knowing some little basics, they won't come across as unintelligent or boring or not being current.

I doubt there is anything wrong with dedicating your time to know about these things...you can learn how to keep you hair healthy, appropriate make up for certain occasions, how to maintain a smooth skin... I can spend all day repeating movies based on Jane Austen's novels.

Simply because someone else has more knowledge in a field completely different from yours doesn't make them unintelligent or boring.
Some of the people you mock may be much more informed on how to keep yourself in shape and how to eat healthy. Which is vital if one expects to live longer.
Re: Most Nigerian Ladies Are Boring...not Current! by Dannylux: 1:22pm On Jan 05, 2014
A pretty face with an empty skull. Who wants that?
Re: Most Nigerian Ladies Are Boring...not Current! by zicoraads: 1:26pm On Jan 05, 2014
naturalwaves:

If you had actually taken your time to read through the posts, you would have seen this point earlier on. No one will place a tag on you if you cannot answer some questions but that does not apply to some basics like the David Mark example the OP gave. That you even know him does not show intelligence, it only shows awareness. Intelligence itself would be found out in the course of a discussion. If you can't explain in a single sentence, his role as a Senate president (even if it is just one) then you will come across as not being intelligent. You might not like football too but you should know what NFA does.
Abi o...the only thing they could grasp was simply the 'ladies' part. As far as it is a post that is not favorable to them ladies...they pounce like attack dogs. And some ladies attention seeking guys will be the ones to shout 'blue murder' most.

2 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Ladies Are Boring...not Current! by zicoraads: 1:29pm On Jan 05, 2014
Dannylux: A pretty face with an empty skull. Who wants that?
O they do...people do. The Tinubu's do...they abound here in excess.
Re: Most Nigerian Ladies Are Boring...not Current! by naturalwaves: 1:59pm On Jan 05, 2014
Mondisweets:

I doubt there is anything wrong with dedicating your time to know about these things...you can learn how to keep you hair healthy, appropriate make up for certain occasions, how to maintain a smooth skin... I can spend all day repeating movies based on Jane Austen's novels.
No one is asking you not to dedicate your time to things you like doing. The key point is "awareness" of what is going on around you.One should always find time to know the bits. Moreover, you being able to dedicate a whole day to movies shows you cannot schedule your time properly and you are getting addicted. That even sounds worse than a boring lady ( a discussion for another day).

Mondisweets:
Simply because someone else has more knowledge in a field completely different from yours doesn't make them unintelligent or boring.
You have missed the point. The issue is not about having more knowledge or being an authority. It is just about knowing the bits and the basics which I believe everyone should strive to achieve.
Mondisweets: Some of the people you mock may be much more informed on how to keep yourself in shape and how to eat healthy. Which is vital if one expects to live longer.
Being more informed in some aspects is not a problem as no one can know it all. The example you gave is not a general knwoledge and no one can be castigated for not knowing that. We are talking of BASICS. At least, something that can kick start a convo.

1 Like

Re: Most Nigerian Ladies Are Boring...not Current! by stinggy(m): 2:06pm On Jan 05, 2014
Caracta:

I like knowledge. I love to learn. I'm very curious and inquisitive. I love adventure. I love science, arts and poetry. That i couldn't answer a question on 'General Knowledge' doesn't mean i'm not intelligent. I do not accept that as a criteria. If you notice that i'm deficient in anything you feel i should know, teach me, don't write me off. Don't place a "dumb" or "boring" tag on me. The last time i checked, nobody has all the answers to 'General Knowledge'.

I understand your point though and i agree with you to an extent too.
Write off people? Dtz a thing i'll neva do till my casket drops. Boring? Dull? My dear u're opposite of dos 2 tinz oo... M luvin ur argument sef,bt let's nt kip arguin jus 4 argument's sake
Re: Most Nigerian Ladies Are Boring...not Current! by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jan 05, 2014
naturalwaves:
No one is asking you not to dedicate your time to things you like doing. The key point is "awareness" of what is going on around you.One should always find time to know the bits. Moreover, you being able to dedicate a whole day to movies shows you cannot schedule your time properly and you are getting addicted. That even sounds worse than a boring lady ( a discussion for another day).
I'm assuming you are not AWARE that Jane Austen is one of the most acknowledge 19th Century novelists in English Literature undecided
cheesy
Did u even take the time to check who Jane Austen is before ranting? So simply you have no knowledge of who she was and what she did and why I would spend a great deal of time on her work, that makes me worse than a boring lady?
Well I think it simply make you sound rather ignorant

You have missed the point. The issue is not about having more knowledge or being an authority. It is just about knowing the bits and the basics which I believe everyone should strive to achieve.

My points being other people may know bits and basics on other matters other than the ones you know.

1 Like

Re: Most Nigerian Ladies Are Boring...not Current! by naturalwaves: 3:40pm On Jan 05, 2014
Mondisweets:
I'm assuming you are not AWARE that Jane Austen is one of the most acknowledge 19th Century novelists in English Literature undecided
cheesy
Did u even take the time to check who Jane Austen is before ranting? So simply you have no knowledge of who she was and what she did and why I would spend a great deal of time on her work, that makes me worse than a boring lady?

Mondi, you need to scroll through the previous pages to see my posts on this thread. There is a difference between 'special interest' and 'basics'. If you do not like football, that is not enough reason not to know Stephen Keshi or at least the NFA and what they do. That's a basic for a Nigerian but only those with some form of special interest will know Gareth Bale, Hazard and the likes. Basics and Awareness refers majourly but not limited to your environment. If you do not know who David Mark or GEJ is, I will classify you as not being informed. You can't expect everyone to know your Austeen and her published works cos you have interest in that field but most people should know who Williams Shakespear is when you talk about Literature.

Mondisweets:
My points being other people may know bits and basics on other matters other than the ones you know.
Yes, they may know bits and basics on other matter than the one I know but not to an extent of not being able to carry out a good convo or asking silly questions all the time like who is David Mark? Or who is Sambo? Or who is Chinua Achebe etc.
What's your point exactly? Are you trying to say that everyone should entirely stick to only things they are interested in and not try to have a general knowledge?
Re: Most Nigerian Ladies Are Boring...not Current! by Wislet(f): 3:45pm On Jan 05, 2014
I think the OP made it clear what the topic was about.

It isn't that one should not know other areas of life, far from it. How can one not have a knowledge of his/her health, food, etc.

What the OP pointed out is this: be interested/have a bit of knowledge about events around you- the day-to-day activities that go on in your environment.

Jane Austen was an author, a romance fictional novel (pride and prejudice, sense and sensibility,etc- yea....have read them. Doesn't prevent me from knowing what goes on around me) it has nothing to do with what happened in the country yesterday or is going on today.

Let's not argue because we want to make a point, make one that holds water and understand where the poster is coming from.
Re: Most Nigerian Ladies Are Boring...not Current! by vislabraye(m): 4:01pm On Jan 05, 2014
Caracta: I met a guy too who didn't know the name of the CBN governor and nothing at all about IFRS. I was like.... shocked

You are right. Most Nigerian guys are boring...not current.

Which guy be that ? Are U saying the truth or U are making this up shocked !
Re: Most Nigerian Ladies Are Boring...not Current! by zicoraads: 4:11pm On Jan 05, 2014
Wislet: I think the OP made it clear what the topic was about.

It isn't that one should not know other areas of life, far from it. How can one not have a knowledge of his/her health, food, etc.

What the OP pointed out is this: be interested/have a bit of knowledge about events around you- the day-to-day activities that go on in your environment.

Jane Austen was an author, a romance fictional novel (pride and prejudice, sense and sensibility,etc- yea....have read them. Doesn't prevent me from knowing what goes on around me) it has nothing to do with what happened in the country yesterday or is going on today.

Let's not argue because we want to make a point, make one that holds water and understand where the poster is coming from.
I just love the way u present Ur arguments and points. Most pple here just argue simply because thr is an argument going on. I love reading novels too...buh dat is so irrelevant to what i meant when I posted this topic. I can't come here and start forcing pple to understand ma area of specialty. Buh u not understanding what happens arnd u..maybe even Ur state governor is not just good enough. Interest in politics or not.
Re: Most Nigerian Ladies Are Boring...not Current! by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jan 05, 2014
naturalwaves:

Yes, they may know bits and basics on other matter than the one I know but not to an extent of not being able to carry out a good convo or asking silly questions all the time like who is David Mark? Or who is Sambo? Or who is Chinua Achebe etc.
What's your point exactly? Are you trying to say that everyone should entirely stick to only things they are interested in and not try to have a general knowledge?
My point being what you consider to be the basics is not what someone else considers to be basics
Re: Most Nigerian Ladies Are Boring...not Current! by thiefnubu(m): 4:14pm On Jan 05, 2014
dBard:

U seem t be d only one on dis thread worth an ans,
Tho I tend t agree wit d o.p (personal opinion)..I don'treally agree wit ur assertion that Iintelligence is relative..it isn't, neither is it specific.
Intelligence basically has t do wit how flexible n nimble a persons mind/thot processes is. It has to do wit a persons grasp of concepts n Broad understanding of his/her surroundings.
Knowing d function of NAFDAC but not knowing d head doesn't imply lack of intelligence cos dre is grasp but no specificity..
For e.g @Tinubu dat can read a definition but not grasp it can be said to b unintelligent and boring if I may add.

To cut a long story short..Any individual that , in a room full of people of different disciplines, cannot hold his/her own in discussions wit dem, that individual is lacking in intelligence..I.m.o
Having gone through your posts and comments in other sections, i see why you crave relevance.... but calling someone who is obviously more intelligent than you can possibly be, "unintelligent" is downright disrespectful of you..go take some more breastmilk, before you come tangle with a boss..
Re: Most Nigerian Ladies Are Boring...not Current! by deols(f): 4:20pm On Jan 05, 2014
Why the generalising?

I have seen not so smart men too.

I think many of the men I meet even have to repackage whatever package they thought they were made of after meeting me.

Sometimes, I get pissed off too, so I understand how you feel tongue But You should not generalise.
Re: Most Nigerian Ladies Are Boring...not Current! by zicoraads: 4:30pm On Jan 05, 2014
deols: Why the generalising?

I have seen not so smart men too.

I think many of the men I meet even have to repackage whatever package they thought they were made of after meeting me.

Sometimes, I get pissed off too, so I understand how you feel tongue But You should not generalise.
Sorry about that...shouldn't have singled out a particular gender I realise. Its a general problem. Buh I didn't mean all ladies dow..cos i knw very smart intelligent ladies too.
Re: Most Nigerian Ladies Are Boring...not Current! by zicoraads: 4:38pm On Jan 05, 2014
Tinubu:
Having gone through your posts and comments in other sections, i see why you crave relevance.... but calling someone who is obviously more intelligent than you can possibly be, "unintelligent" is downright disrespectful of you..go take some more breastmilk, before you come tangle with a boss..
Son...I tot I had gotten ridden of u. For u to even think u are more intelligent than him goes a long way to show aw slow u are. Can't u see the difference between Ur arguments? The guy is a trillion light years ahead of u. I dnt want to go down to Ur level with insults...buh den,do not test me. I would hate very much for u to question Ur self worth.
Re: Most Nigerian Ladies Are Boring...not Current! by thiefnubu(m): 5:12pm On Jan 05, 2014
Re: Most Nigerian Ladies Are Boring...not Current! by thiefnubu(m): 5:14pm On Jan 05, 2014
zicoraads: Son...I tot I had gotten ridden of u. For u to even think u are more intelligent than him goes a long way to show aw slow u are. Can't u see the difference between Ur arguments? The guy is a trillion light years ahead of u. I dnt want to go down to Ur level with insults...buh den,do not test me. I would hate very much for u to question Ur self worth.
Baba o... at least i have some selfworth to question... you have none... dont cry more than the bereived...continue your porous arguments and stay out of my lane.... dont make me get rid of you a second time!!!!
Re: Most Nigerian Ladies Are Boring...not Current! by thiefnubu(m): 5:15pm On Jan 05, 2014
Re: Most Nigerian Ladies Are Boring...not Current! by naturalwaves: 5:35pm On Jan 05, 2014
Mondisweets:
My point being what you consider to be the basics is not what someone else considers to be basics
Funny you. Basics as use in the context of this thread has to do with our immediate environment with respect to some areas of study. E.g when you talk about Geography, you should at least know that Nigeria is a West African country, you should know some neighbours, you should know our states and their locations (maybe North, East etc), you should know the top citzens . When you talk about Literature, you should be familiar with some common names like, Wole Soyinka, JP Clark, Chinua Achebe etc. It won't be a bad idea to know some of their works also.Same thing applies to politics, you should know what is trending politically, at least have an idea. When you talk about movies, you should know what Nollywood is and so on and so forth in all other aspects too. That is what is meant by basic knowledge. No one is asking you to be a Don in everything but at least make efforts. I am lagging in some of the aspects but at least, I do make efforts to upgrade from time to time.

Moreover, a regular reading of Newspapers is enough to give at least an overview of current affairs and current trendings that will be useful during discussions. Inability to read the Newspapers too is not and cannot be due to lack of interest but intellectual laziness. Anyone that reads the Newspapers regularly (daily or weekends) will not fumble when general discussions arise. You get my drift?
Now, what's your own definition of basics?

1 Like

Re: Most Nigerian Ladies Are Boring...not Current! by lymelyte(m): 5:53pm On Jan 05, 2014
Dannylux: A pretty face with an empty skull. Who wants that?
They are alot of dem walking in the streets of nigeria
Re: Most Nigerian Ladies Are Boring...not Current! by longshanks23: 5:58pm On Jan 05, 2014
To buttress OP's point, how many ladies have commented on this thread?
Re: Most Nigerian Ladies Are Boring...not Current! by longshanks23: 5:59pm On Jan 05, 2014
To buttress OP's point, how many ladies have commented on this thread?
Check it out.
Re: Most Nigerian Ladies Are Boring...not Current! by naturalwaves: 6:04pm On Jan 05, 2014
longshanks23: To buttress OP's point, how many ladies have commented on this thread?
Check it out.

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Most Nigerian Ladies Are Boring...not Current! by longshanks23: 6:08pm On Jan 05, 2014
Wislet: I don't know what you people are talking about.

@post, I think it's a 'supposed to' thing for a citizen to be aware of what's happening around him/her. Ignorance is no bliss....it's danger. When yo are asked to run, you will not because you do not listen to the news, you don't care to know the recent happenings in your state and the country at large.

It's good to have a little knowledge about every sector of the economy.

How can a person comfortably stay in a cocooned world...you only sleep, wake, eat, go to work, watch movies/music, probably gossip and that's it. Our idea of news these days(for some) is gossip and rumour mongering.

Read the papers, watch the news, engage in intelligent conversations...be interested in your country's politics and governance...if you aren't, who is supposed to do so for you? Who is going to tell the leaders what you want and keep them accountable?

It's little wonder young men and women of today do not have the interest to read long 'epistles'. You keep hearing, ''Oooh...who do you expect to read all that? Pls summarize'', etc.
Young people? If it were the older generation, one would understand. But young people with energy, clear eyes, sharp intellect, to see reading as a chore is unbelievable.

I like politics...could talk about it on and on...the banking sector, the infamous letters, the party games, Nigeria's geographical distribution and history, the war in South Sudan, Egypt uprising and so on.

It's good to know not only your surroundings, but about others too.

Even the Late Nelson Mandela asked the Nigerian official who went to pay him a private visit if the apartheid story and Nigeria's contributions and help to South Africa and other nations weren't taught in Nigerian schools..... I can imagine the reaction of some students if that were to happen. Some would probably ask, ''How is this supposed to help me pass my exams/Can this put food on my table?'', and so on.

Yet, these are the supposed to be 'leaders of tomorrow'. How can you do better than your predecessors if you have zero inkling on the errors of yesteryears? How can you improve on what you do not know?

We need to change our mentality- as men and as women. The change you so cry and condemn others for could be in your hands tomorrow to effect. Would you do better if given the mantle NOW?

No one expects you to know EVERYTHING as some are crying... Just don't float in the clouds like you saw an alien when these and other topics of discuss are raised.

Teach your children to read (long passages too) and not watch TV all day. Maybe then we could start hoping to have an end to some unfortunate questions. You would only kill two birds with a stone in doing that: bring up for society witty minds(not touts, trouser and skirt saggers, local champions, and the like), and also increase the IQ of your children.
Sensible post.
A lot of Nigerian girls think the world revolves around Brazilian hair, makeup, BlackBerry and other mundane and banal things.
it is very difficult carrying out intelligent conversation with them. I cannot, and will not suffer a girl, no matter how pretty, who doesn't know who David Mark is, or doesn't know that to begin sentences with 'am' instead of 'I am' or 'I'm' is wrong.
Re: Most Nigerian Ladies Are Boring...not Current! by Olalan(m): 8:09pm On Jan 05, 2014
I think knowing who the Senate Pres. is can be grouped under the category of THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW irrespective of your discipline or profession for every adult esp. an educated person. It amuses me seeing people not being able to contribute to some well known National Issues just because they just don't listen to News or Read Newspapers. Most ladies need to change their orientation that the News or newspapers are for guys alone.

2 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Ladies Are Boring...not Current! by rman: 9:12pm On Jan 05, 2014
longshanks23: To buttress OP's point, how many ladies have commented on this thread?
Check it out.

Gbam!

Thought I'm the only one that noticed it. Only Wislet gets the OP's point. The others claim OP should not generalize and they still couldn't understand a simple post.

All the examples they gave are totally irrelevant.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

After Sex, Love Fades Away!! (true Or False) / We Are Speechless because Ladies Now Prefer This To Cucumber / Sweet Uncle Tosin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.