Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,975 members, 7,821,413 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

Boys Night Out Discussions - Family (108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Boys Night Out Discussions (304936 Views)

I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism / Girls night out discussions / 11-yr-Old Girl Gets Pregnant For Five Boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by bukatyne(f): 11:52am On Aug 01, 2015
freecocoa:
Doesn't the double standard make you want to puke?

At the end, we all log out to our real lives grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 11:53am On Aug 01, 2015
Timbuktou:

The ancient Nigerian woman's priority was homemaking.

I haven't seen a woman who stayed home all day, everyday from marriage till death. Have you?

I really don't mind being a housewife but all my needs must be met without grudge...

I'll cook, clean, scrub, give hubby acrobatic sex, update my brain , bear beautiful, well-behaved and intelligent children etc..

I just want a loving and faithful husband, annual holiday trips to any country of my choice, daimonds, private jets, a monthly allowance of seven figures, Cars etc...

Who hates being a housewife, definitely not me... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 11:54am On Aug 01, 2015
Someone is pained
Trek to food section to make akamu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by freecocoa(f): 12:01pm On Aug 01, 2015
Timbuktou:

Exactly what I said.

Straw man arguments waste our time. Still, let me humour you. They colonised us because they had superior military might. We use their inventions because they make our lives more convenient, it's called rade, ever heard of it? Just because Finland make Nokia phones which was regarded as better than Motorola means Finland is better than Japan or wherever Motorola's made? So, now America's the best country because iPhones are the best on the market? What religion do you think I practise?

Oh, so you're saying I'm against the use of sanitary pads and tampons, or weave extensions or make up? Please point out what exactly it is that benefits women that I'm against. Try comprehending before you begin to cast stones.
Lmao grin, superior military might indeed, why did they have superior military might is what you should've asked yourself to start with. Were they not men with one head like yourselves? Excuse you biko.

The point I'm trying to make with the invention line is, why take anything of theirs at all? Since the modern Nigerian, who btw include yourself is an oyibo zombie, I don't know what you are there comparing phones for and no, I don't know what rade is, thanks for the heads up.

You are a hypocritical christian, you are allowed to deny it but I know better.

You are against women having a voice and thinking for themselves, you have on more than one occasion said that, women don't know what they want and shouldn't be let to handle some issues, if it were up to you, women won't even partake in any form of education because you believe they should be home, catering to your wants, infact you are a misogynist.

2 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 12:03pm On Aug 01, 2015
bukatyne:

I will open a new thread
very well
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 12:05pm On Aug 01, 2015
keppyy:

I really don't mind being a housewife but all my needs must be met without grudge...

I'll cook, clean, scrub, give hubby acrobatic sex, update my brain , bear beautiful, well-behaved and intelligent children etc..

I just want a loving and faithful husband, annual holiday trips to any country of my choice, daimonds, private jets, a monthly allowance of seven figures, Cars etc...

Who hates being a housewife, definitely not me... grin grin

Good for you. Better get to marrying someone who can afford you.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by freecocoa(f): 12:13pm On Aug 01, 2015
bukatyne:

At the end, we all log out to our real lives grin
Abi o.grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 12:17pm On Aug 01, 2015
Timbuktou:

Good for you. Better get to marrying someone who can afford you.

That's not my condition for marriage, that's my condition for being a housewife...

Don't mix it up...

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by edwife(f): 12:25pm On Aug 01, 2015
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by edwife(f): 12:29pm On Aug 01, 2015
bukatyne:

Houdewifery or not has nothing to do with feminism in Nigeria

I didn't say it was,i just stated that they were pushing for it.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 12:29pm On Aug 01, 2015
freecocoa:
Lmao grin, superior military might indeed, why did they have superior military might is what you should've asked yourself to start with. Were they not men with one head like yourselves? Excuse you biko.

The point I'm trying to make with the invention line is, why take anything of theirs at all? Since the modern Nigerian, who btw include yourself is an oyibo zombie, I don't know what you are there comparing phones for and no, I don't know what rade is, thanks for the heads up.

You are a hypocritical christian, you are allowed to deny it but I know better.

You are against women having a voice and thinking for themselves, you have on more than one occasion said that, women don't know what they want and shouldn't be let to handle some issues, if it were up to you, women won't even partake in any form of education because you believe they should be home, catering to your wants, infact you are a misogynist.

Dey dia dey zuzu. It's like asking what the rest of the world was doing when Egypt was the world leader and greatest civilisation. Na turn by turn. Why do you think America is trying to stifle China, Russia and Iran? The advantage they have is the information age and espionage and all. World powerism has always been a transient phenomenon. maybe you people are oyinbo zombies after all. What were you women doing when oyinbo women were coming up with feminism?

I am at liberty to take whatever invention of theirs is beneficial to me and reject the toxic shiit they throw my way. I meant trade btw.

I won't become a christian because you will it upon me, sweety. I am not.

Freecocoa, at this point I have to assume if you're on your period and if it's making you see things. I don't need to stop women doing anything, they stop on their own when it become too difficult. And, no, I would like women to get adequate education on what it means to be a good woman, and wife, and mother. Also, women should be home catering to the needs of the family.

Finally, a compliment. Misogynist? I'll wear it as a badge of honour. I am grateful.

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 12:31pm On Aug 01, 2015
keppyy:

That's not my condition for marriage, that's my condition for being a housewife...

Don't mix it up...

My point being if you want to be a housewife, you better marry well.

Try not mixing it up....
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by freecocoa(f): 12:44pm On Aug 01, 2015
Timbuktou:

Dey dia dey zuzu. It's like asking what the rest of the world was doing when Egypt was the world leader and greatest civilisation. Na turn by turn. Why do you think America is trying to stifle China, Russia and Iran? The advantage they have is the information age and espionage and all. World powerism has always been a transient phenomenon. maybe you people are oyinbo zombies after all. What were you women doing when oyinbo women were coming up with feminism?

I am at liberty to take whatever invention of theirs is beneficial to me and reject the toxic shiit they throw my way. I meant trade btw.

I won't become a christian because you will it upon me, sweety. I am not.

Freecocoa, at this point I have to assume if you're on your period and if it's making you see things. I don't need to stop women doing anything, they stop on their own when it become too difficult. And, no, I would like women to get adequate education on what it means to be a good woman, and wife, and mother. Also, women should be home catering to the needs of the family.

Finally, a compliment. Misogynist? I'll wear it as a badge of honour. I am grateful.
Nzuzu gbu kwe gi diatongue.

No, it's not like asking what the rest of the world was doing when civilisation begun, it is strictly between you and the white man who you so obviously loathe.

So now you are no longer a christian, it's alright yet you quote the bible as reference in some of your arguments, na so, hypocrite of the highest order.

Who made you judge of what's toxic and what's not? The same way you are at liberty, is the same way every other person is, calling people zombies for exercising the same rights as yourself only goes to show how selfish you are.

I'm not in my period and even that doesn't change sh1t, it is expected of you as always, to find something with which to deride a woman, tsk.

Who are you to decide what it means to be a good woman? You are not in the position to dictate or even lecture women on what you believe a good wife, woman and mother should be, that's the bottomline.

2 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by edwife(f): 12:52pm On Aug 01, 2015
Freecocoa and timbuktou gringrin

Please,can someone tell me what is tsk? embarassed
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by freecocoa(f): 1:00pm On Aug 01, 2015
edwife:
Freecocoa and timbuktou gringrin

Lol.

It is a sound you make when someone has said something you find irritating, or at something you find irritating.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 1:02pm On Aug 01, 2015
edwife:

https://www.nairaland.com/2481114/pains-full-time-house-wife#36318264

Yep..seen

Economic realities dictate that deliberately being a housewife is not the best in naija

I am aware western reality is different due to high childcare costs

Why did u bring this up anyway
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by edwife(f): 1:05pm On Aug 01, 2015
freecocoa:
Lol.

It is a sound you make when someone has said something you find irritating, or at something you find irritating.

Ha!I got a lot to learn. cheesy

pickabeau1:

Yep..seen
Economic realities dictate that deliberately being a housewife is not the best in naija
I am aware western reality is different due to high childcare costs
Why did u bring this up anyway

I brought it up because most men still believe it's the best decision when it comes to training younger kids.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by freecocoa(f): 1:14pm On Aug 01, 2015
edwife:

Don't we all.wink
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 1:20pm On Aug 01, 2015
freecocoa:
Nzuzu gbu kwe gi diatongue.

No, it's not like asking what the rest of the world was doing when civilisation begun, it is strictly between you and the white man who you so obviously loathe.

So now you are no longer a christian, it's alright yet you quote the bible as reference in some of your arguments, na so, hypocrite of the highest order.

Who made you judge of what's toxic and what's not? The same way you are at liberty, is the same way every other person is, calling people zombies for exercising the same rights as yourself only goes to show how selfish you are.

I'm not in my period and even that doesn't change sh1t, it is expected of you as always, to find something with which to deride a woman, tsk.

Who are you to decide what it means to be a good woman? You are not in the position to dictate or even lecture women on what you believe a good wife, woman and mother should be, that's the bottomline.

Free, you're relapsing into old, destructive habits. I have never portrayed hatred for the white man. What I will not stand for is people like you who think the white man shits roses when I think different. You might not know this but you can have a valid argument without lying.

My christianity ended years ago. I quote the bible only when it agrees with me, doesn't make me a christian anymore than quoting from the Qur'an makes me muslim. Cocoa, I had such high hopes for you. Alas, my faith in you seems to be misplaced.

Common sense and a keen sense of observation, baby. I can see the toxicity of following things without proper analysis. And yes, I may be selfish but you haven't proven to be selfless either. You are no better than my selfish arze. kiss

Women acting cranky on the periods is derogatory? Wow, next you'll tell me having less energy due to hunger is derogatory. Free, go and eat, you need nutrients to argue effectively.

Of course not, I don't have younger sisters or nieces, and I definitely will not have a daughter. Only a woman can teach a woman. I have nothing to contribute. Cocoa, aRe you fasting today? You're arguing like you need to eat somethong.

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by bukatyne(f): 1:21pm On Aug 01, 2015
edwife:

I brought it up because most men still believe it's the best decision when it comes to training younger kids.

You are kidding right? Or who are the most men?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 1:21pm On Aug 01, 2015
edwife:
Freecoco and timbuktou gringrin

Don't mind her, she can't help but pull my misogynistic tail. Any reason to just touch me.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by bukatyne(f): 1:22pm On Aug 01, 2015
Timbuktou:

Free, you're relapsing into old, destructive habits. I have never portrayed hatred for the white man. What I will not stand for is people like you who think the white man shits roses when I think different. You might not know this but you can have a valid argument without lying.

My christianity ended years ago. I quote the bible only when it agrees with me, doesn't make me a christian anymore than quoting from the Qur'an makes me muslim. Cocoa, I had such high hopes for you. Alas, my faith in you seems to be misplaced.

Common sense and a keen sense of observation, baby. I can see the toxicity of following things without proper analysis. And yes, I may be selfish but you haven't proven to be selfless either. You are no better than my selfish arze. kiss

Women acting cranky on the periods is derogatory? Wow, next you'll tell me having less energy due to hunger is derogatory. Free, go and eat, you need nutrients to argue effectively.

Of course not, I don't have younger sisters or nieces, and I definitely will not have a daughter. Only a woman can teach a woman. I have nothing to contribute. Cocoa, aRe you fasting today? You're arguing like you need to eat somethong.

@ bold: interesting.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 1:24pm On Aug 01, 2015
edwife:

It still is the best. People just think they can't afford it.

2 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 1:26pm On Aug 01, 2015
bukatyne:

@ bold: interesting.
Indeed. No mother, aunt, grandmothers either. Ain't that a shame!
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by edwife(f): 1:27pm On Aug 01, 2015
bukatyne:

You are kidding right? Or who are the most men?

No kidding,Take a poll and see for yourself.And by the way i said "believe".

Timbuktou:

Don't mind her, she can't help but pull my misogynistic tail. Any reason to just touch me.

You guys like getting on each other's nerves,that's all.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 1:31pm On Aug 01, 2015
edwife:

You guys like getting on each other's nerves,that's all.
grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by edwife(f): 1:31pm On Aug 01, 2015
Timbuktou:

Indeed. No mother, aunt, grandmothers either. Ain't that a shame!

You crazier than i thought.... grin

Not all women are bad,you know?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by ApexTitan(m): 1:36pm On Aug 01, 2015
C'mon guys this is not true.

NAWALT

(Not All Women Are Like That)

That's the classic refrain when the underlayer of the female pysche as relates to mate selection or sexual strategies is exposed. The workings and machinations reveal a cold and merciless efficiency in achieving its objectives that it leaves many in disbelief.

It is true that women do not emerge from an evil meeting or convention where these strategies that are being revealed today were decided upon. There was no secret assembly or coven smiley no referendums or conferences but the fact remains that all women are subject to specific biological influences that determine their behaviour in these matters. All of this operates on a limbic, organic level. It is this behaviour that informs part of the social conventions and cultures that we have around us.

The fact which Oga TV mentioned that women are strategic in relationship matters is one that rings true every time. There is no woman who is not on some level subject to the workings of hypergamy. Indeed even the fairy tale notion of love, or romantic love as some people are appealing to here, plays to the very strengths of this strategy. It provides the perfect cover for the feminine imperative to achieve its objective with the least amount of resistance because it requires it's subject to remain unaware of its calculations in the name of waiting for true magical love.

Today, for long term relationships and marriages a man who understands the mechanics at work and what is required of him stands the best chance of benefiting from it. It is this reason that "just follow your heart" can be quite a dangerous thing to do.

This understanding has to be acquired because what used to work in the past - traditions and conventions that made accommodations for these realities - are dying or being pushed to into irrelevance.

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 1:37pm On Aug 01, 2015
edwife:

You crazier than i thought.... grin
Not all women are bad,you know?
Why do you think I think so, Eddy?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by edwife(f): 1:42pm On Aug 01, 2015
Timbuktou:

Why do you think I think so, Eddy?

That you crazy or that there are good women out there?which one? cheesy
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 1:50pm On Aug 01, 2015
edwife:

That you crazy or that there are good women out there?which one? cheesy
Oh, I know I'm crazy. tongue
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by edwife(f): 1:52pm On Aug 01, 2015
Timbuktou:

Oh, I know I'm crazy. tongue

Good.... gringrin

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (182) (Reply)

My Madam And Me / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) / The Family Section Fun Room!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.