Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,894 members, 7,814,020 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

Boys Night Out Discussions - Family (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Boys Night Out Discussions (303628 Views)

I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism / Girls night out discussions / 11-yr-Old Girl Gets Pregnant For Five Boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by freecocoa(f): 1:44pm On Jul 25, 2015
coogar:

chilling like a villain.........as usual cheesy
You just scarce everywhere these days.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jul 25, 2015
My mum will always shout, nag and scream, work hard for your money and never depend on man for money...

That's the only power a man can use to control you...An Independent woman is a queen, royalty and a rara gem...

Over the years, this has been my guide but I think it's a problem with Nigerian Men...

Someone told me last night that "I'm too independent to be married"...

I'm not a rich brat but I'm soOooo Sooooo career and money-making concious (I must admit)...and people think I'm proud...

Cc

Coogar
Pickabeau
Freecocoa
Bukatyne
TV01

All the men here...
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by bukatyne(f): 2:26pm On Jul 25, 2015
keppyy:
My mum will always shout, nag and scream, work hard for your money and never depend on man for money...

That's the only power a man can use to control you...An Independent woman is a queen, royalty and a rara gem...

Over the years, this has been my guide but I think it's a problem with Nigerian Men...

Someone told me last night that "I'm too independent to be married"...

I'm not a rich brat but I'm soOooo Sooooo career and money-making concious (I must admit)...and people think I'm proud...

Cc

Coogar
Pickabeau
Freecocoa
Bukatyne
TV01

All the men here...

Hi keppyy,

How are you this fine Saturday?

Open a thread and let's discuss
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jul 25, 2015
Hello Keppyy, I think you can have this conversation here. It's, after all, within the ambit of this thread's scope.

BeeKay, no offence.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 25, 2015
Timbuktou:
Hello Keppyy, I think you can have this conversation here. It's, after all, within the ambit of this thread's scope.

BeeKay, no offence.

Opened a thread already but you can still contribute...thanks...
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by edwife(f): 4:44pm On Jul 25, 2015
keppyy:

Opened a thread already but you can still contribute...thanks...

Keppy i will get back to you,got to step out a little bit....

I have a question for you,why do you think the person told you that you were "too independent to be married".

Being carrier driven or money making-concious is not a problem,the problem is do you rob it in men's faces?

Do you have normal conversations with people without bringing up "your achievements" etc...?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by BuddhaPalm(m): 4:51pm On Jul 25, 2015
bellong:
@pick,

What is SSM?

Super Sex Machine
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jul 25, 2015
edwife:

Keppy i will get back to you,got to step out a little bit....

I have a question for you,why do you think the person told you that you were "too independent to be married".

Being carrier driven or money making-concious is not a problem,the problem is do you rob it in men's faces?

Do you have normal conversations with people without bringing up "your achievements" etc...?

I don't have much achievements to brag about, so I don't think that's the case...

Yes, I do have normal discussions fashion, politics, culture etc...

My argument with my friend was about cooking...
I said I really don't get men that insist on their wife cooking when they can afford an Exclusive chef to do so...
I said it's definitely not because their wife is a better cook and he asked if I had so much money will I get a cook and I said definitely....
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by freecocoa(f): 8:32pm On Jul 25, 2015
I do get that once in a while from some people, mine's not even that I have money or anything, some guys say I'm proud and I find that funny.

I don't think it's about being career concious, some men are just intimidated by an opinionated woman, a woman that knows what she wants, they don't think a woman is capable of that.

Don't even worry about it, not every man reasons this way,or one for that matter, reason this way.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by bellong: 8:58pm On Jul 25, 2015
Why would or should someone hire a chef? For what?

@Freecocoa, Don't be opinionated, rather be informed.

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by freecocoa(f): 9:03pm On Jul 25, 2015
bellong:
Why would or should someone hire a chef? For what?

@Freecocoa, Don't be opinionated, rather be informed.
Why shouldn't someone hire a chef if he/she can afford it? You are creating job opportunities and at the same time buying yourself more time to do what you need/want.

You have to be informed to be opinionated to start with,(especially in a society like ours) being opinionated isn't a bad thing, one should know where to draw lines.,
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by bellong: 9:09pm On Jul 25, 2015
freecocoa:
Why shouldn't someone hire a chef if he/she can afford it? You are creating job opportunities and at the same time buying yourself more time to do what you need/want.

You have to be informed to be opinionated to start with,(especially in a society like ours) being opinionated isn't a bad thing, one should know where to draw lines.,

Hire a chef to be doing your cooking? Is that even a job opportunity? What is the mode of payment, per cooking or per month?

It is not about money but having a feel of what my wife can do. I would rather cook my food than hire a chef.

Anyway, I know most of these online opinions are purely opinions and not something most of you can put into action.

Being opinionated may not be a bad thing to start with but it becomes dangerous to your health with time. An opinionated person believes he/she is right at all times which could be wrong. Such is not good for any kind of human relationship.

2 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by freecocoa(f): 9:21pm On Jul 25, 2015
bellong:

Hire a chef to be doing your cooking? Is that even a job opportunity? What is the mode of payment, per cooking or per month?

It is not about money but having a feel of what my wife can do. I would rather cook my food than hire a chef.

Anyway, I know most of these online opinions are purely opinions and not something most of you can put into action.

Being opinionated may not be a bad thing to start with but it becomes dangerous to your health with time. An opinionated person believes he/she is right at all times which could be wrong. Such is not good for any kind of human relationship.
Having a chef doesn't mean you can't get to cook, mode of payment can be decided by both parties. The fact that you'd rather cook your meals doesn't mean everyone should/must.

An opinionated person is assertive and if you are assertive you don't threaten people's point of view, you are just sure of what you know, and that doesn't mean you know everything.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jul 25, 2015
@frecocoa, I think we are soulmates... grin

@bellong, don't you enjoy fine dining and exquisite dishes (just joking)...I think freecocoa read my thoughts...

@freecocoa, please marry me...lols
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jul 25, 2015
keppyy:
@frecocoa, I think we are soulmates... grin

@bellong, don't you enjoy fine dining and exquisite dishes (just joking)...I think freecocoa read my thoughts...

@freecocoa, please marry me...lols

No be woman u be?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jul 25, 2015
njokusboy:

No be woman u be?

I'm joking.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jul 25, 2015
keppyy:

I don't have much achievements to brag about, so I don't think that's the case...

Yes, I do have normal discussions fashion, politics, culture etc...

My argument with my friend was about cooking...
I said I really don't get men that insist on their wife cooking when they can afford an Exclusive chef to do so...
I said it's definitely not because their wife is a better cook and he asked if I had so much money will I get a cook and I said definitely....

If you don't like to cook, then, don't cook... just make sure you make it known you won't cook before you get married so you don't have disagreements...
On a wider side, you guys are taking the little shine off this fraud of an institution called marriage, we have already established that children and sex which are the basic reasons people enter this institution could be gotten outside it...there is no valid reason to stick to one woman for the rest of ur life save for the emotional growth of the children...
If I get to hire a chef, hire a babymama, hire a dry cleaner, hire a maid, hire a sex mate, hire anyone at all that could do just about anything a spouse is expected to do, then there would be no reason to get married, don't you think?

2 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jul 25, 2015
njokusboy:

If you don't like to cook, then, don't cook... just make sure you make it known you won't cook before you get married so you don't have disagreements...
On a wider side, you guys are taking the little shine off this fraud of an institution called marriage, we have already established that children and sex which are the basic reasons people enter this institution could be gotten outside it...there is no valid reason to stick to one woman for the rest of ur life save for the emotional growth of the children...
If I get to hire a chef, hire a babymama, hire a dry cleaner, hire a maid, hire a sex mate, hire anyone at all that could do just about anything a spouse is expected to do, then there would be no reason to get married, don't you think?

Lols...

Please, take it easy.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jul 25, 2015
@njokusboy

Don't get me wrong...I hope you saw the part of "if we can afford it"...

Now, what's your reason for insisting your wife must cook for you when you can afford a chef that cooks much better than her?

A good reason from my hubby may erase this thought...

Note: A GOOD REASON
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jul 25, 2015
keppyy:
@njokusboy

Don't get me wrong...I hope you saw the part of "if we can afford it"...

Now, what's your reason for insisting your wife must cook for you when you can afford a chef that cooks much better than her?

A good reason from my hubby may erase this thought...

Note: A GOOD REASON

Because she is my wife, there's this emotional thing (which I personally don't understand) attached to your wife cooking for you....
Marriage is supposed to be an avenue for sentimental expressions and romantic indulgences.... you basically do for each other what makes you guys happy... not that it can't be done by someone else, doing it for each other is actually why it is a marriage isn't it? So if cooking for your husband as opposed to hiring a chef would make him happy, you do it...
If you look at it critically, everything couples do for each other could actually be paid for, isn't it... as long as one can afford it? No be so?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jul 25, 2015
njokusboy:

And they will whine, scream and wail about being subjugated to sexx objectification. Oh, the irony.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jul 25, 2015
njokusboy:

Because she is my wife, there's this emotional thing (which I personally don't understand) attached to your wife cooking for you....
Marriage is supposed to be an avenue for sentimental expressions and romantic indulgences.... you basically do for each other what makes you guys happy... not that it can't be done by someone else, doing it for each other is actually why it is a marriage isn't it? So if cooking for your husband as opposed to hiring a chef would make him happy, you do it...
If you look at it critically, everything couples do for each other could actually be paid for, isn't it... as long as one can afford it? No be so?

AwWwwwwwwwwwww... grin

Okayyy...I understand you...I never knew emotions are involved in eating your wife's food...

You see, you don't have to harsh to make a point...

My point was based on the taste and presentation of food but I understand you...
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jul 25, 2015
keppyy:

AwWwwwwwwwwwww... grin

Okayyy...I understand you...I never knew emotions are involved in eating your wife's food...

You see, you don't have to harsh to make a point...

My point was based on the taste and presentation of food but I understand you...

They say emotions are involved, I don't know how grin grin.... I don't understand a lot of things, including why people get married in the first place tongue tongue.... I can pay someone to do everything a wife does, if I still pay someone to do those things when am married, then, why am I married tongue tongue
Confuses the heck out of me
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jul 25, 2015
njokusboy:

They say emotions are involved, I don't know how grin grin.... I don't understand a lot of things, including why people get married in the first place tongue tongue.... I can pay someone to do everything a wife does, if I still pay someone to do those things when am married, then, why am I married tongue tongue
Confuses the heck out of me

My Dad always say "Marriage is totally for companionship and nothing else"...
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jul 25, 2015
keppyy:

My Dad always say "Marriage is totally for companionship and nothing else"...

Companionship my arzzze grin grin... one companion for the rest of your life is a perfect definition of boredom.... I get bored of people easily...
Don't you think my mom and dad who gave birth to me and nurtured me till I became a man and my friends who I grew up with and waded through the waters of life with, are sufficient companions?
I have to bring a woman who I barely know with ideologies and opinions that are at variance with mine into my house to give me headache for the rest of my earthly existence, limit my freedom to visit and be visited by my parents or friends,because of companionship?
Dat companionship talk na scam...
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by bellong: 11:10pm On Jul 25, 2015
keppyy:

If you don't know how to cook, it is better you register with a catering school rather than hiding behind a chef being a better cook.

If the chef you believe can cook better learnt it somewhere, why can't you do it to do better than the chef.

Even if I were the richest man on earth, why would I hire a chef? It is not about the money but the value placed on a companion. If you can't cook for your household, no need of thinking marriage.

Yes, there are occasional eat out and that shouldn't become the norm because you have papers called money.

Well, there are thousands of guys who wouldn't mind hiring a chef for you anyway.

Njoku gave a good reason why you should cook for your household.

3 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jul 25, 2015
njokusboy:

Companionship my arzzze grin grin... one companion for the rest of your life is a perfect definition of boredom.... I get bored of people easily...
Don't you think my mom and dad who gave birth to me and nurtured me till I became a man and my friends who I grew up with and waded through the waters of life with, are sufficient companions?
I have to bring a woman who I barely know with ideologies and opinions that are at variance with mine into my house to give me headache for the rest of my earthly existence, limit my freedom to visit and be visited by my parents or friends,because of companionship?
Dat companionship talk na scam...

Why will you get married to a woman you barely know?

There were days he wanted to quit but today he is grateful he did not...

You can't tag along your parenta and friends forever.

Anyway, if you're happy being single please stay single...
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jul 25, 2015
bellong:

If you don't know how to cook, it is better you register with a catering school rather than hiding behind a chef being a better cook.

If the chef you believe can cook better learnt it somewhere, why can't you do it to do better than the chef.

Even if I were the richest man on earth, why would I hire a chef? It is not about the money but the value placed on a companion. If you can't cook for your household, no need of thinking marriage.

Yes, there are occasional eat out and that shouldn't become the norm because you have papers called money.

Well, there are thousands of guys who wouldn't mind hiring a chef for you anyway.

Njoku gave a good reason why you should cook for your household.

I can cook very well but I'm definitely not a chef...

We are talking about chefs here and not caterers...

My value is not and will never be the food I cook...

I totally get njokusboy's point and I do understand...
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jul 25, 2015
keppyy:

Why will you get married to a woman you barely know?

There were days he wanted to quit but today he is grateful he did not...

You can't tag along your parenta and friends forever.

Anyway, if you're happy being single please stay single...

Lolz....
It's becoming increasingly difficult to tag ur spouse along sef... all this talk about rights is killing the little fun that exists in marriage...
More men are becoming disinterested in getting married.. At this rate, marriage would be extinct by the year 2100 grin grin grin grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by bellong: 11:23pm On Jul 25, 2015
keppyy:

I can cook very well but I'm definitely not a chef...

We are talking about chefs here and not caterers...

My value is not and will never be the food I cook...

I totally get njokusboy's point and I do understand...

Who says your value is the food you cook?

Where did chef learn the art of cooking?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jul 25, 2015
bellong:

Who says your value is the food you cook?

Where did chef learn the art of cooking?

Culinary institute
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jul 25, 2015
njokusboy:

Lolz....
It's becoming increasingly difficult to tag ur spouse along sef... all this talk about rights is killing the little fun that exists in marriage...
More men are becoming disinterested in getting married.. At this rate, marriage would be extinct by the year 2100 grin grin grin grin

Lolsss...it's still fun...

Just get a female friend and make it legal...

The mistake people make is looking at the man as a husband before a friend and the woman as a wife before a friend...

It's really not that difficult...

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (182) (Reply)

My Madam And Me / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) / The Family Section Fun Room!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.