Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,913 members, 7,814,082 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

Boys Night Out Discussions - Family (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Boys Night Out Discussions (303660 Views)

I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism / Girls night out discussions / 11-yr-Old Girl Gets Pregnant For Five Boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jul 25, 2015
keppyy:

Lolsss...it's still fun...

Just get a female friend and make it legal...

The mistake people make is looking at the man as a husband before a friend and the woman as a wife before a friend...

It's really not that difficult...

Am looking into it, but it's a bit of a herculean task, scares the sh1t out of me... grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jul 25, 2015
keppyy:

My value is not and will never be the food I cook...

So, what is and will be your value?

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jul 25, 2015
Timbuktou:

Lol, dats a tricky question
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jul 25, 2015
njokusboy:

grin. She's an intelligent girl, right?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jul 25, 2015
Timbuktou:

Summary...

A Good child to God!

A Good child to my parents!

A Good wife to Husband!

A Good Mother to my chidren!

A Good human to the society!
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jul 25, 2015
njokusboy:

Real tricky... grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 11:44pm On Jul 25, 2015
keppyy:

My Dad always say "Marriage is totally for companionship and nothing else"...

Your dad is trying to make your mum feel good

Companionship is an important reason but marriage is primarily about the family and the next generation
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jul 25, 2015
njokusboy:

Am looking into it, but it's a bit of a herculean task, scares the sh1t out of me... grin

It won't be scary when you meet the one.

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by bellong: 11:46pm On Jul 25, 2015
keppyy:

Summary...

A Good child to God!

A Good child to my parents!

A Good wife to Husband!

A Good human to the society!

Who is a good wife to husband and what are the things expected of her?

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jul 25, 2015
keppyy:

A Good wife to Husband!

How do you intend to do this?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jul 25, 2015
pickabeau1:

Your dad is trying to make your mum feel good

That's not a crime.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 11:47pm On Jul 25, 2015
njokusboy:

Lolz....
It's becoming increasingly difficult to tag ur spouse along sef... all this talk about rights is killing the little fun that exists in marriage...
More men are becoming disinterested in getting married.. At this rate, marriage would be extinct by the year 2100 grin grin grin grin

May be earlier...

Sons are growing up to see what mums are doing to Dads and vice versa

keppyy:

That's not a crime.

Nope
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jul 25, 2015
bellong:

Who is a good wife to husband and what are the things expected of her?

Another Trap...

It totally depends on the "Nature" of the man that becomes my husband, I can't say for now...

I'll be a Good wife and he'll be a Good husband...

Cc

Timbuktou
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jul 25, 2015
keppyy:

Another Trap...

It totally depends on the "Nature" of the man that becomes my husband, I can't say for now...

I'll be a Good wife and he'll be a Good husband...

Cc

Timbukto

And if the man likes well-made food?

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jul 25, 2015
Timbuktou:

And if the man likes well-made food?

He'll have it.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 12:01am On Jul 26, 2015
keppyy:

He'll have it.

I see.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 12:07am On Jul 26, 2015
Timbuktou:

I see.

You see what? tongue

I have no problem cooking, although I'm not freaked about it.

If I work extremely hard to afford a good chef, I'll employ one to prepare well-made meals...

The same way I'll employ a cleaner, a gardener, a driver etc if I can afford them...

If my husband opposes with Good Reasons, I'll accept his decision with so much love...
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 12:21am On Jul 26, 2015
keppyy:

You see what? tongue

I have no problem cooking, although I'm not freaked about it.

If I work extremely hard to afford a good chef, I'll employ one to prepare well-made meals...

The same way I'll employ a cleaner, a gardener, a driver etc if I can afford them...

If my husband opposes with Good Reasons, I'll accept his decision with so much love...
Good for you

Seems you've sorted out the conundrum
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by netotse(m): 12:27am On Jul 26, 2015
pickabeau1:

You don see d link

yep...trying to figure the site out...
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by onegig(m): 12:42am On Jul 26, 2015
So much "indomie ladies" nowadays. I see why many men are going the baby mama route.

Just passing by. Carries tin foil hat and runs for cover. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by 5minsmadness: 7:35am On Jul 26, 2015
I think the issue is that most girls see these activities as chores/burden rather than activities of pride. It is a thing of pride to be able to cook for your husband. What is companionship anyway? You want to spend the rest of your life just talking to him and following him everywhere? That's not companionship that's being a leech.

A man is endeared to a woman because she takes care of him. Not by struggling to do the things he does in a perpetual act of competitiveness but by doing things he normally wouldn't have time to do for himself.
Cooking has always been an act that if done properly tugs at a man's heart and endears him to the woman. He sees the woman as beimg thoughtful enough to nourish him, to cater to his continued survival on this earth physically. Cooking is Caring to a whole other degree. It's a cold relationship where the woman doesn't cook for her man. It shows no tenderness, no obvious concern for the man's well being, just a superficial relationship filled with mushroom smiles that only go as deep as the lips that convey them.

A man would sooner or later fall in love with his cook than with his 'companion'.

Cc
Keppyy
Njokusboy
Etc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 8:07am On Jul 26, 2015
5minsmadness:
I think the issue is that most girls see these activities as chores/burden rather than activities of pride. It is a thing of pride to be able to cook for your husband. What is companionship anyway? You want to spend the rest of your life just talking to him and following him everywhere? That's not companionship that's being a leech.

A man is endeared to a woman because she takes care of him. Not by struggling to do the things he does in a perpetual act of competitiveness but by doing things he normally wouldn't have time to do for himself.
Cooking has always been an act that if done properly tugs at a man's heart and endears him to the woman. He sees the woman as beimg thoughtful enough to nourish him, to cater to his continued survival on this earth physically. Cooking is Caring to a whole other degree. It's a cold relationship where the woman doesn't cook for her man. It shows no tenderness, no obvious concern for the man's well being, just a superficial relationship filled with mushroom smiles that only go as deep as the lips that convey them.

A man would sooner or later fall in love with his cook than with his 'companion'.

Cc
Keppyy
Njokusboy
Etc

Exactly
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jul 26, 2015
Last week in chuch hubby passed a note to me on folded paper. We dont sit together and it had to go through a number of people to get to me, so I thought it had to be rather important.
The note said, please cook me that your jollof rice when we get home. I Just smiled. The man must have been dreaming of jollof rice during the sermon.
To be honest I had no intention of cooking jollof rice that day, (low carb diet thingz) but because he asked, no time for chit chat after church and I went straight home.
I was happy to do it and even though it messed up my diet plans, I felt fulfilled that I had satisfied him.

Even if I could afford it, I would still prefer to cook my hubbys and kids food. Probably the cook will prepare the ingredients but I will certainly cook and serve. I love serving.

They say the way to a mans heart is food, sex and to treat his family members good. I beleive that this is true. . and when you are in the mans heart . . . . . lipsrsealed smiley

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jul 26, 2015
I made Pasta!!!

Come and chop!!! grin grin grin

Njokusboy
Bellong
Pickabeau
Timbuktou

@Bellong, I'll suggest you watch the movie "The Hundred foot Journey"

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogar: 2:55pm On Jul 26, 2015
freecocoa:
You just scarce everywhere these days.

lol!
taking a vacation in the andes.....
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by bellong: 2:59pm On Jul 26, 2015
keppyy:
I made Pasta!!!

Come and chop!!! grin grin grin

Njokusboy
Bellong
Pickabeau
Timbuktou

@Bellong, I'll suggest you watch the movie "The Hundred foot Journey"

Can the pasta be as delicious as what I cook?

Tearoses above explained how she loves cooking for her husband. That is what you should emulate not ladies, who because of their long nails, don't want to get down with cooking.

Why single me out for the movie? Will look for it it though and watch. Thanks
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 26, 2015
tongue Pasta

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jul 26, 2015
Keppy are you vegetarian?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogar: 3:10pm On Jul 26, 2015
tearoses:
Last week in chuch hubby passed a note to me on folded paper. We dont sit together and it had to go through a number of people to get to me, so I thought it had to be rather important.
The note said, please cook me that your jollof rice when we get home. I Just smiled. The man must have been dreaming of jollof rice during the sermon.
To be honest I had no intention of cooking jollof rice that day, (low carb diet thingz) but because he asked, no time for chit chat after church and I went straight home.
I was happy to do it and even though it messed up my diet plans, I felt fulfilled that I had satisfied him.

Even if I could afford it, I would still prefer to cook my hubbys and kids food. Probably the cook will prepare the ingredients but I will certainly cook and serve. I love serving.

They say the way to a mans heart is food, sex and to treat his family members good. I beleive that this is true. . and when you are in the mans heart . . . . . lipsrsealed smiley

epic!
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by freecocoa(f): 4:41pm On Jul 26, 2015
coogar:

lol!
taking a vacation in the andes.....
See enjoyment, flex on.wink
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by RedCapChief(m): 5:01pm On Jul 26, 2015
tearoses:

Chai! That's the most beautiful thing I've read on NL this week.

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by edwife(f): 5:51pm On Jul 26, 2015
tearoses:

And keppyy to add to this beautiful post know this: A man’s ego has to be massaged. It spices up the relationship and makes the man submit to the woman without realising it. A wise woman will handle her man just right and with a lot of respect. wink

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (182) (Reply)

My Madam And Me / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) / The Family Section Fun Room!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.