Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,324 members, 7,954,307 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:24 PM

How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu - Properties (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu (166041 Views)

How We Built "The Coffee Shop" / The Luxury Hotel Owned By Kaduna Commercial Transport Workers (Photos) / Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Onuokwu: 6:21pm On Jul 30, 2014
spyder880: The handrails arrive at the site, plus Togolese boys dressing the window frames .

This black color looks better than the former cream color. Is this hand rail for the staircase alone or will it also be used for the balconies?
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:05pm On Jul 30, 2014
Onuokwu:

This black color looks better than the former cream color. Is this hand rail for the staircase alone or will it also be used for the balconies?

Staircases and balconies, thanks.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 3:44pm On Jul 31, 2014
You are known for your neat finishing and so lovely
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jul 31, 2014
Am sorry for intruding but i really need help. Please do you know where i can purchase stainless steel hand rail components in Enugu?
spyder880: The handrails arrive at the site, plus Togolese boys dressing the window frames .
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 6:38pm On Jul 31, 2014
Pinkyeyes: Am sorry for intruding but i really need help. Please do you know where i can purchase stainless steel hand rail components in Enugu?

Check around stadium at Ogui road.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:03pm On Aug 01, 2014
We have been making steady progress with our works to complete the burglary proof. We will complete it soon.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:10pm On Aug 01, 2014
We have started mounting the handrails in their positions.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:12pm On Aug 01, 2014
And the step rails.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 11:13pm On Aug 01, 2014
spyder880: We have started mounting the handrails in their positions.

Oga Spyder, how tall/high is the handrails, especially for the verandahs? Use feet/inches please, so I can be in sync. Thanks.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:15pm On Aug 01, 2014
mufutau55:

Oga Spyder, how tall/high is the handrails, especially for the verandahs? Use feet/inches please, so I can be in sync. Thanks.

Hajji Mufutau

About 4 feet from the ground Sir.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 11:16pm On Aug 01, 2014
spyder880:

About 4 feet from the ground Sir.

Thanks Boss. I am trying to avoid people sitting on it...

Hajji M.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by kostadinis: 11:40pm On Aug 01, 2014
spyder880: We have started mounting the handrails in their positions.
Are you using special metal (enamel) paint or the normal oil paint for these rails?
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 7:07am On Aug 02, 2014
kostadinis:
Are you using special metal (enamel) paint or the normal oil paint for these rails?

We are using the oil paint, otherwise called gloss paints.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 1:56pm On Aug 02, 2014
spyder880:
We are using the oil paint, otherwise called gloss paints.

On another note Oga Spyder, what is semi-gloss (USA) paint called in Nigeria? Thanks.

Hajji M.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 3:08pm On Aug 02, 2014
mufutau55:

On another note Oga Spyder, what is semi-gloss (USA) paint called in Nigeria? Thanks.

Hajji M.

That may be what we call primer paints here, it's used to coat a surface before the real color will be painted?
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Empiree: 3:24pm On Aug 02, 2014
I dont think so. There is primer in US actually. It's painted on newly built wall (Sheet Rock) before paint. Semi gloss is a shining kind of paint like water resistance type. Maybe you can do research for the name in 9ja. Im looking forward to that actually. Thanks to Hajji for bringing this up

spyder880:

That may be what we call primer paints here, it's used to coat a surface before the real color will be painted?
y
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 3:31pm On Aug 02, 2014
spyder880:

NO. I know the primer you are talking about.. This is also a gloss paint but no too glossy, so it's called "semi-gloss".
Thank you sir.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by bngene: 8:25am On Aug 05, 2014
Hello Spyder 880,

Please send me ur email addy and phone number cos I have two building projects in two different states I want to start in September. Let's talk....
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 2:48pm On Aug 05, 2014
mufutau55: Uncle Gbadexy, I don't know if I have asked you this question before..
Here (USA) we have a paint type called semi-gloss, what is the equivalent of that in Nigeria..
It's a gloss paint but not too glossy as in Gloss paint.. Thank you.

Hajji M.

Gbadexy: It's (Semi-Gloss paint) called Silk or Satin emulsion paint.
Actually, silk and satin are used interchange -ably but they are slightly different.
Both are semi gloss and cleanable but satin has slightly higher sheen than silk.
It determined by a pigment volume content. The satin has slightly lower than silk so has higher sheen.

Oga Spyder and Empiree... Above is the answer to the "Semi-Gloss" Paint thing from Gbadexy.. Thank you.

Hajji Mufutau

1 Like

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 6:43pm On Aug 07, 2014
Updates

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 6:47pm On Aug 07, 2014
The balconies

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 6:48pm On Aug 07, 2014
Railings

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 6:49pm On Aug 07, 2014
More.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 6:50pm On Aug 07, 2014
Working the burglary proof

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 6:52pm On Aug 07, 2014
More. .....

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 6:53pm On Aug 07, 2014
Working on the window hood

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 6:55pm On Aug 07, 2014
More. .....

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 6:57pm On Aug 07, 2014
Samples of tiles we might buy for this house.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 6:58pm On Aug 07, 2014
These are just floor tiles

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 6:59pm On Aug 07, 2014
Bathroom tiles

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 7:01pm On Aug 07, 2014
Bathroom tiles on the top racks

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Onuokwu: 8:42am On Aug 08, 2014
spyder880: Railings

Lovely railings if you aske me. This is from a skilled worker. @Spyder what level of supervision do you provide while they work or is it that over time you have selected the ones you trust and as such do not need to supervise or worry about their final works?

Again, the gaps between staircase hand rails, what do you plan to do with it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (50) (Reply)

How Much Will A 5 Bedroom Duplex Cost? / Noisy Sex: The Notice A Landlord Pasted At His House / Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.