Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,869 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu - Properties (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu (163241 Views)

How We Built "The Coffee Shop" / The Luxury Hotel Owned By Kaduna Commercial Transport Workers (Photos) / Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 1:01pm On Aug 15, 2014
Onuokwu:

@Spyder, what will be the final depth of this soakaway. Its a good thing your team discoered that tree stump? What would have been the implication? is it possible to still grow and break through any flooring you have in the compound?

I want this soak away system to be very big so that it will take a long time before it gets filled. It will be 12 ft deep, 12 feet long and 7 ft wide. It is good we discovered the tree stump now, but it would not have grown again if we sealed it with either a German floor or interlocking stones. It would suffocate and die, trees being living things need air, sunshine and water.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Onuokwu: 1:57pm On Aug 15, 2014
spyder880:

I want this soak away system to be very big so that it will take a long time before it gets filled. It will be 12 ft deep, 12 feet long and 7 ft wide. It is good we discovered the tree stump now, but it would not have grown again if we sealed it with either a German floor or interlocking stones. It would suffocate and die, trees being living things need air, sunshine and water.

Thanks Prof!
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 2:50pm On Aug 15, 2014
Onuokwu:

Thanks Prof!

Thank you Sir. It is good we found it now, the disadvantage of leaving it under the compound is that as years roll by, the dead tree will decay and create a hole in the ground. Sinking can happen later, bringing the interlocking down .
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 3:10pm On Aug 15, 2014
spyder880:
There are locally made wooden doors that are made with a combination of local wood and foreign covering sheets for the internal doors and toilets/baths/stores/kitchens, those are my next targets.

Please Oga Spyder, could you post some of this kind of hybrid doors (local wood and foreign covering sheets) and their prices, when you do get to them? Thanks.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by kopell: 11:55pm On Aug 15, 2014
What is all this for God sake, can't you open your own thread and sale what ever you want to sale?
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 1:17am On Aug 16, 2014
kopell: What is all this for God sake, can't you open your own thread and sale what ever you want to sale?

Don't worry he has been CANNED for few days. If repeated, he will be gone forever.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 8:38pm On Aug 16, 2014
I have been searching for good doors to use in this house since we are at the stage where doors will be used, I am looking at something that is both pocket friendly and has good quality that will match the taste of the type of tenants we want to attract in this house.

Let us start with this doors, these are locally made in Nigeria here, and you can be certain Nigerians will never pay any attention to the final finish of any project. That is why we are left with poorly completed doors, even as they are much stronger than imported doors.

These are supposed to be designed doors, very thick and sturdy. They sell for N10,000 for a door, no door frame, no keys or handle.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 8:39pm On Aug 16, 2014
This door has similar quality with the door above, only that the price is about N12,000

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 8:42pm On Aug 16, 2014
By the time I got to the third shop and saw this quality, I praised the efforts of the maker of this door. I asked him to spend more time polishing this till it will be as smooth as foreign quality. This is very thick and made of hard wood, check the sides and the thickness. Not something a burglar can kick in and enter a house in a a hurry.

This one will sell for N15,000 without the wooden frame.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 9:05pm On Aug 16, 2014
These are same door as above, just at the coupling stage in the production process.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 9:09pm On Aug 16, 2014
This is the N15,000 completed product, after it has been sprayed. Same as those above.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 9:20pm On Aug 16, 2014
I continued to ask questions, probing further, even toying with the idea of forming a door with thick plywood........

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 9:26pm On Aug 16, 2014

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 9:31pm On Aug 16, 2014
Then I asked them to produce a door for me with thin plywood framed round a wooden skeleton. It only produced a flush door as in the old days of 1980s..... They are willing to make them for N4,500 but the quality is whack. I dont like it.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 9:37pm On Aug 16, 2014
If you think these are doors, then I don trick you cheesy grin

These are just door coverings, designed and imported into the country, selling for about N5,000 for a pair to cover the door front and back. We have many colours of it, white, wood grain design, black, etc. We could use this to cover wooden boards and then it will look as clean as imported. How do you like these?

1 Like

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 9:47pm On Aug 16, 2014
Door coverings of many colors.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 9:49pm On Aug 16, 2014
These are the real imported wooden doors selling for N11,000 without the keys, handle or frames. beautiful to look at and you can see the wood with which it was made, but supposing the height or width does not match your door space nko? amendments to this door could be problematic as our able Nigerian carpenters can damage it while trying to repair it.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 10:02pm On Aug 16, 2014
spyder880: Coming up. ..... all you need to know about wooden doors. grin

Thank you. I will appreciate that lecture very much. I need some doors now.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:11pm On Aug 16, 2014
But poor man must survive for this country o, this door I put in my toilet cost me about N5,000

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 10:24pm On Aug 16, 2014
Oga spyder, you need this to carry all these stuff oh

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:30pm On Aug 16, 2014
Fhemmmy: Oga spyder, you need this to carry all these stuff oh

The powerful Honda ridgeline! cheesy cheesy My power never reach that one o, na Tacoma I still dey save for......

1 Like

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 10:37pm On Aug 16, 2014
spyder880:

The powerful Honda ridgeline! cheesy cheesy My power never reach that one o, na Tacoma I still dey save for......

Depending on the year of the Tacoma oh, Tacoma is crazily expensive especially if it is a 4X4 (Which for you, might be a MUST), anything above 2003 Model of Tacoma, you will be looking at over 2,2M Naira, and that Ridgeline is a 2006 model and could be yours for only 2.5M Naira... spend this money oga spyder.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:44pm On Aug 16, 2014
Just before I forget, this is a local door/foreign covering combination gone wrong. We did this job last year but the carpenter used wet wood or inferior gum to do this door and two weeks later, it was growing mold on the outer surface of the door. When it was broken open, the local wood used inside the door was decaying slowly. Just a word of caution for those that might want to do this, watch the process.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:46pm On Aug 16, 2014
Fhemmmy:

Depending on the year of the Tacoma oh, Tacoma is crazily expensive especially if it is a 4X4 (Which for you, might be a MUST), anything above 2003 Model of Tacoma, you will be looking at over 2,2M Naira, and that Ridgeline is a 2006 model and could be yours for only 2.5M Naira... spend this money oga spyder.

Chai, diaris God oooo grin grin

But with the kind of super quality rides you ship in, it will be worth every penny spent on it.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 10:48pm On Aug 16, 2014
spyder880:

Chai, diaris God oooo grin grin

But with the kind of super quality rides you ship in, it will be worth every penny spent on it.

I just wanna see the Oga Spyder driving a ride i shipped in, then, i will be fulfilled and proud oh..... Lemme allow you to continue to wow us with pix of events for the day.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 2:01am On Aug 17, 2014
spyder880: Just before I forget, this is a local door/foreign covering combination gone wrong. We did this job last year but the carpenter used wet wood or inferior gum to do this door and two weeks later, it was growing mold on the outer surface of the door. When it was broken open, the local wood used inside the door was decaying slowly. Just a word of caution for those that might want to do this, watch the process.

More reason I am only going for Mahogany or those other hard wood. No local half, foreign half like the decaying door you have shown above.
No hybrid door for me, I will even prefer those Chinese iron door instead of the hybrid. Na original "pako" door I want.
Thanks for the education and the enlightenment. I never even know those half and half doors existed..

Hajji M.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:49am On Aug 17, 2014
mufutau55:

More reason I am only going for Mahogany or those other hard wood. No local half, foreign half like the decaying door you have shown above.
No hybrid door for me, I will even prefer those Chinese iron door instead of the hybrid. Na original "pako" door I want.
Thanks for the education and the enlightenment. I never even know those half and half doors existed..

Hajji M.

What is your opinion about the wooden imported door as shown above, the one in a carton?
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by gabbytabby: 10:13am On Aug 17, 2014
Fhemmmy:

I just wanna see the Oga Spyder driving a ride i shipped in, then, i will be fulfilled and proud oh..... Lemme allow you to continue to wow us with pix of events for the day.
oga femmmy I still dey 9ja till next saturday but will sort something out for monday/tuesday
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by PeoplesArmy: 11:56am On Aug 17, 2014
spyder880: If you think these are doors, then I don trick you cheesy grin

These are just door coverings, designed and imported into the country, selling for about N5,000 for a pair to cover the door front and back. We have many colours of it, white, wood grain design, black, etc. We could use this to cover wooden boards and then it will look as clean as imported. How do you like these?

I am so loving and appreciating this module of the course. Thanks Oga Spyder for the lessons and may you be richly rewarded for enlightening some of us.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by PeoplesArmy: 12:08pm On Aug 17, 2014
spyder880: These are the real imported wooden doors selling for N11,000 without the keys, handle or frames. beautiful to look at and you can see the wood with which it was made, but supposing the height or width does not match your door space nko? amendments to this door could be problematic as our able Nigerian carpenters can damage it while trying to repair it.

How about expanding the space made for the door rather than trying to tamper with the door. Reading through the door posts, it would seem the above average Nigerian made doors (ex- keys, handles, frames etc), are more expensive than the imported ones? Do you have any ideas why?

My challenge with domestic manufacturers is ability to achieve consistent quality across many doors.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (50) (Reply)

How Much Will A 5 Bedroom Duplex Cost? / Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) / Noisy Sex: The Notice A Landlord Pasted At His House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.