Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,673 members, 7,809,561 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:15 AM

How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu - Properties (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu (163008 Views)

How We Built "The Coffee Shop" / The Luxury Hotel Owned By Kaduna Commercial Transport Workers (Photos) / Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 4:50pm On Jan 15, 2015
mufutau55:

Thank you Spyder.. You just answered my last forgotten question on the sizes of the tanks.
And also Thanks for the info on how to identify the fake tank by Geepee... Every occurrence is always a lesson with you.

BTW.. How much is each of the 500 Gallons?

Hajji M.

I bought each of these tanks for N26,000, some fittings and accessories like taps, non return values and elbows were also bought. Things are going up in prices.

1 Like

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 5:06pm On Jan 15, 2015
spyder880:

I bought each of these tanks for N26,000, some fittings and accessories like taps, non return values and elbows were also bought. Things are going up in prices.

Thank you sir... We never have a stable market price in Nigeria... very bad.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Onakomaya: 6:15pm On Jan 17, 2015
spyder880:

Hajj, 500 litres or 500 gallons as spyder specified. This tank looks bigger than 500 litres to me.. Observing
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 1:10am On Jan 18, 2015
Onakomaya:

Hajj, 500 litres or 500 gallons as spyder specified. This tank looks bigger than 500 litres to me.. Observing

Damn! Thank you Engineer Onakomaya.... Yeah, he did say 500 Gallons... not Liters... Thanks for the observations.
I will edit all my earlier messages. I am not used to Meters/Liters, we are still using feet/gallons over here. Thank you

Hajji M.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by OmenifenIgbo: 1:05pm On Jan 18, 2015
spyder880:

@Spyder880, you have done a great job, in record time too. I am really impressed by the quality of your work. I took time to read this thread till this 36th page and I must commend your diligence. I really learnt a lot and I believe many people here did as well. Please I realized you didn't detail the budget for this project. It is also not necessary to share the whole details here but I would be grateful if you could give me an idea of the estimated budget for each stage of the building. Say: foundation to casting, block work to decking, decking, upper floor block work, roofing, plastering, fittings, finishings. You don't have to detail a lot, just provide estimates. Cheers

1 Like

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by PeoplesArmy: 8:34pm On Jan 18, 2015
mufutau55:

Damn! Thank you Engineer Onakomaya.... Yeah, he did say 500 Gallons... not Liters... Thanks for the observations.
I will edit all my earlier messages. I am not used to Meters/Liters, we are still using feet/gallons over here. Thank you

Hajji M.

Yes o...I believe 5 litres is one gallon.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:26pm On Jan 18, 2015
OmenifenIgbo:

@Spyder880, you have done a great job, in record time too. I am really impressed by the quality of your work. I took time to read this thread till this 36th page and I must commend your diligence. I really learnt a lot and I believe many people here did as well. Please I realized you didn't detail the budget for this project. It is also not necessary to share the whole details here but I would be grateful if you could give me an idea of the estimated budget for each stage of the building. Say: foundation to casting, block work to decking, decking, upper floor block work, roofing, plastering, fittings, finishings. You don't have to detail a lot, just provide estimates. Cheers

I will request for permission from my client before I can do that. Happy weekend Sir. cheesy
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 9:02pm On Jan 19, 2015
The focus here is the completion of all works here and to leave site as prospective tenants are trooping in to express their interest in the flats. All my men are busy and we are looking at a couple of weeks to move out from this site.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:41am On Jan 22, 2015
We are ensuring a well treated ground before applying interlocking stones, we have used water to sink the loose soil here,

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:46am On Jan 22, 2015
The work schedule today is to use this manual vibrating compactor to travel over every inch of ground here, to further compact the earth before the next step of the work.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:49am On Jan 22, 2015
But I need a drainage channel behind the house, to drain off excess rain water.......

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:50am On Jan 22, 2015
Pictures from the other side, the back of this house......

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jan 22, 2015
spyder880:
We are ensuring a well treated ground before applying interlocking stones, we have used water to sink the loose soil here,

Can you post a layout showing how the building is placed on the land and setback measurements?

Thanks.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 1:22pm On Jan 22, 2015
CityNG:

Can you post a layout showing how the building is placed on the land and setback measurements?

Thanks.

Here we go Sir.....

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Val2001: 3:30pm On Jan 22, 2015
spyder880:

Oga spyder, which part of Enugu is this house located and is it still available for renting?
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 4:44pm On Jan 22, 2015
Val2001:

Oga spyder, which part of Enugu is this house located and is it still available for renting?

This is Standard layout of Emene Enugu, near to Thinkers corner. The flats are still available, although we are trying to complete the works 100% before renting them out.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jan 22, 2015
spyder880:

Here we go Sir.....

Thank you for the speedy response.

So even this space that looks small in the picture (I have old eyes) is almost 10 feet across?

**mental note to self, must get an oversized lot**

1 Like

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Onuokwu: 6:02pm On Jan 22, 2015
This has come out really nice. It looks like the top half has been painted. When are you going to paint the bottom part and the fence?
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Empiree: 6:11pm On Jan 22, 2015
This house is somewhere in Nigeria. I like the concept tho!

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 7:35pm On Jan 22, 2015
Empiree:

Built in form of a Bus/Truck. NO, not for me.

Hajji M.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 7:44pm On Jan 22, 2015
Empiree:

I am planning a surprise building, expect the unexpected in architecture grin
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jan 22, 2015
mufutau55:

Built in form of a Bus/Truck. NO, not for me.

Hajji M.

Not for me too Oga and this proves the old adage of "money can't buy class".
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jan 22, 2015
spyder880:

Yes please build something more modern and non traditional. Don't just step out of the box, literally, but take the box out and give it a good trashing grin
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Empiree: 8:33pm On Jan 22, 2015
spyder880:

lol, I saw one few yrs ago in Abuja. That was aircraft architecture. I guess hajj mufutau55 just doesn't admire those unusual designs. Neither do I actually.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 8:48pm On Jan 22, 2015
Empiree:
lol, I saw one few yrs ago in Abuja. That was aircraft architecture. I guess hajj mufutau55 just doesn't admire those unusual designs. Neither do I actually.

NO. No Sir. Not even that Pilot guy who married that so-called celebrity girl in Nigeria whose house was made with old Nigeria Airway's plane..
I am not into those types... Just build me a good house with plenty bedrooms and large Living rooms... because I get big family. smiley
Go look in Kkonsults, Ihebrooke and those other good Architects we have on Nairaland with my comments of their design swhen I see a good one.

Hajji M.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 12:16pm On Jan 23, 2015
The drainage channel we did in front of this house.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 12:18pm On Jan 23, 2015
We have a well behind the house to supply water from the ground. I want the height raised and the lid covered.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 12:20pm On Jan 23, 2015
Now, we are sand filling the compound with clean sharp sand in readiness for the interlocking. ....

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 12:21pm On Jan 23, 2015
Still working, getting a slope where I need them......

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Empiree: 1:21pm On Jan 23, 2015
mufutau55:

NO. No Sir. Not even that Pilot guy who married that so-called celebrity girl in Nigeria whose house was made with old Nigeria Airway's plane..
I am not into those types... Just build me a good house with plenty bedrooms and large Living rooms... because I get big family. smiley
Go look in Kkonsults, Ihebrooke and those other good Architects we have on Nairaland with my comments of their design swhen I see a good one.

Hajji M.
maybe it's his house i saw online. Very silly. Anyways it's his choice.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by YoungBrain: 6:57am On Jan 24, 2015
Oga Spyder,
Happy new year to you.

"your client have big power"

The project took less than 1 calendar year from start to finish.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 2:51pm On Jan 24, 2015
YoungBrain:

Oga Spyder,
Happy new year to you.

"your client have big power"

The project took less than 1 calendar year from start to finish.

I praise him, and every other property investors, its not easy at all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (50) (Reply)

How Much Will A 5 Bedroom Duplex Cost? / Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) / Noisy Sex: The Notice A Landlord Pasted At His House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.