Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,720 members, 7,809,733 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:04 PM

Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters - Politics (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters (66231 Views)

Abubakar Audu Is Dead - Sahara Reporters / Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters / My Take On Stella Oduah's Fake MBA Degree - Femi Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by lacidi: 3:14pm On Jan 08, 2014
maasoap: You are talking trash, man.
Ok Sir.
Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jan 08, 2014
Yeeeepaaa!!!! They are lynching the lawyer ooo... Ok! Let me back off slowly before they recognize me... Lobatan!!

**Dodge Stone*** Dodge kpako*** Pick race** grin grin
Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by DerideGull(m): 3:15pm On Jan 08, 2014
maasoap: Somebody forged a certificate and you are here talking about moral. It is a criminal offence. Do you even realise that that MBA certificate might have given her added advantage?

Please do you know the connotation of the word - forgery?
Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by agbameta: 3:26pm On Jan 08, 2014
lacidi: The problem I have with NL is that there are a lot of people here who want to claim to know more than they do. I will not say there are too many kids here, but a lot of NL members seem to act mostly on impulse and sentiments, rather than facts.

Unfortunately, your post is full of the same thing and if I might add, very kiddie and sentimental

Firstly, the MBA certificate of Ms. Oduah was NOT the basis for her appointment as a Minister. We need to establish what the minimum requirements are for being a minister. Just like the position of the President, the minimum requirement is an O ‘level certificate or its equivalent.

Basis or no basis for her employment has nothing to do with the issue since the issue here is deception, fraud, forgery, insincerity, betrayal of public trust and grand perjury which in sane societies means automatic resignation and criminal prosecution.

This leaves us with the issue of what crime, if any, was committed. I am not privy to the form of documents presented to the National Assembly and hence I cannot say whether they were submitted under oath.

A copy of what she presented to the Nigerian people via the legislature is in this same thread so why even bother to comment based on your own laziness and ignorance. In our still lawless Nigeria, forgery is illegal and it's still a crime to present fake documents to secure employment and this is on top of obvious perjury offense she committed.

If they were, then she will be guilty of perjury, if not, then she is not guilty of a criminal offense but will lose the moral right to remain in government.

A copy of what she presented to the Nigerian people via the legislature is in this same thread so why even bother to comment based on your own laziness and ignorance. In our still lawless Nigeria, forgery is illegal and it's still a crime to present fake documents to secure employment and this is on top of obvious perjury offense she committed.

This shady and crooked woman lost her moral rights to serve the people of Nigeria even before becoming the aviation minister. The bullet proof cars she bought is still invisible to Nigerians and the fact that the people of Nigeria via the Nigerian legislature faulted her with so many crimes and recommended 3 years jail term means any moral rights to serve Nigerians evaporated a long time ago and she is still in public office simply because her boss is equally corrupt and immoral.

Note that I said 'moral right' not 'legal right'. The morality of her actions does not however mean that her employer (the presidency) is bound to remove her. This is because morals do not determine legal decisions (remember Clinton and Lewinsky?). So if the president feels that he cannot work with someone of such weak morals, then he should go ahead and remove her, but he also has to balance the opportunity cost of losing whatever positives she brings to the aviation ministry.

This shady and crooked woman lost her moral rights to serve the people of Nigeria even before becoming the aviation minister. The bullet proof cars she bought is still invisible to Nigerians and the fact that the people of Nigeria via the Nigerian legislature faulted her with so many crimes and recommended 3 years jail term means any moral rights to serve Nigerians evaporated a long time ago and she is still in public office simply because her boss is equally corrupt and immoral.

On the issue of releasing her MBA for public viewing, the FOI does not apply to private documents. Ms. Odua's MBA certificate is not a public document. It is not the basis for her appointment. She therefore cannot be forced to release the document if she does not wish to.

This betrayed your already ignorant and deceptive post from top to bottom and it also reeks ignorance and lack of intellectual curiosity and what's public and not public.

Her vetting before the Nigerian legislature was a public and official event, she also took public oath to offer truthful and honest info to the people of Nigeria via the Nigerian legislature so every info including her MBA forgery = Public info and official government record.

Try educate yourself about what's public and not public before making such ignorant and elementary rubbish.

NB: All the above is based on the assumption that she actually lied about her MBA. I am not stating this as a given, I am only working on that assumption.

Don't you mean based on your own ignorance and flawed understanding of the subject matter?

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by lacidi: 3:47pm On Jan 08, 2014
agbameta:

Don't you mean based on your own ignorance and flawed understanding of the subject matter?

Must you deginerate to this level just to make your point? Must you insult people? Is that the only way you can put your message accross? I do not know you, neither do you know me. You do not even know my background, but concluded that 'I am ignorant and have a flawed understanding of the subject matter'. NL na wao!

However, I will not go that route with you. I will not trade words with you either.

Anyway, my points were very clear and I stated clearly that 'if the statement that she had an MBA was made under oath' then she is guilty of perjury.

Now that you have found her guilty, please do proceed to court and seek an order to remove her from office. Thank you Sir. SMH
Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by omar22(m): 3:48pm On Jan 08, 2014
rudedough:

Before you quote someone, try to follow the trend of the discussion. Don't just jump on a post and make conclusions.

The 1st person i quoted stated that Stella Oduah must publish a copy of her MBA certificate. And i said, that is impossible.

The NASS can ask Stella Oduah to provide her MBA certificate for their private view, they probably should have a copy already. But Stella Oduah is under no legal obligation to publish a copy of her MBA certificate for public view, neither does the NASS has the right to publish a copy of her MBA certificate without her consent.

That will be a breach of her civil right. We don't have to debate back and forth on this issue, just grab your phone and call your uncle, relation or friend who is a legal practitioner to confirm.

So when they asked Barack Obama to produce his Birth Cert was that a breach of his civil right?
Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by lacidi: 3:51pm On Jan 08, 2014
omar22:

So when they asked Barack Obama to produce his Birth Cert was that a breach of his civil right?

Barrack on his own volition released the Birth Certificate in order to clear the air. He was not under any compulsion to do so. Stella can also decide to release the MBA certificate. What we need to clear here is that she cannot be COMPLELLED to do so under the FOI act.
Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by arkreality: 3:55pm On Jan 08, 2014
In the report below, in in which Sahara Reporters aimed its usual filth on the Nigerian Aviation, Ms. Stella Oduah, one can see how Sahara Reporting works.

On the surface, you would think that there is a compelling story that is watertight. But not really. Before I say anything further, let me make it clear that I don't work for this woman.
I don't know who she is. She will not give me water if I appear in her office tomorrow. I would say, I care very little about her personally. But, I can educate the average person on how SR uses fact manipulation to play on the minds of an average person and extort money from victims or be paid by those that aim to attack the victim.

The whole story is based on the claim that:

(a) Ms. Oduah claimed to have obtained MBA from the Virginia College. If one can show that she never made that claim, everything else Sahara Reporters wrote will fall like a pack of cards. Right?
First, how do you know that she ever claimed to have MBA from that college? Or are you going to blame her for what Sun Newspaper reported? Maybe! But not so fast!
Let's start from what we know or what we could verify: We can verify whether the particular college ever offered MBA or not. It doesn’t. But that is not the issue.

Then, let's verify whether the lady claimed (a) that she got MBA and (b) that she obtained it from that college. SR says she did (a) and (b). What is SR's proof?
(a) SR says that she stated that in her resume which she allegedly submitted to the Senate for her confirmation hearing.
(b) SR says that Sun Newspapers claimed she had an MBA from that college.
What SR did is an old trick. You create a straw man, and then you shoot him down and pose like a hero that slayed the dragon. Remember what a mother normally does with 2-year old kids. She would point in the corner of the room at an imaginary boogieman. The child will be captivated by the supposed boogieman. Then the mother will take any object nearby and strike at the boogieman. The child will smile to see his brave mother slay the boogieman. That is what SR has done in this report. It created scenarios that were not important and made them look like something hidden that it, the crusader, alone discovered.

Question: What is the proof that Oduah made that claim on the resume she submitted to the Senate?
There is no proof provided.
For you to dispense with proof, you have to believe SR to be saying the truth. But SR CANNOT be trusted to say the truth about this woman. Why? Read the entire report again. It is clear that SR credits itself with "outing" this woman for corruption. Yet it was known that SR embellished that report it wrote on the Minister in October of last year. So, the reader must go beyond SR to find the truth.
If SR had a copy of the resume of this woman, which it alleges was presented to the Senate, it would normally have exhibited that resume. It is fair to say therefore that SR does not have a copy of that resume. It must be reporting on what it was told by an unnamed person, or better, what its publisher cooked up.

Secondly, if the resume was submited to the Senate, it would be part of the official documents of the Senate and SR could have obtained a Certified True Copy of what the Senate has in its record. That way, the truth would be clear. But it did not, because it doesn’t exist.

So, the point is that this story that appears to be a bull’s-eye or something big could really be a patched up set of fabrications.
Before you get carried away by this story, consider the following:
(a) That this woman did not make the claims in any resume contrary to what SR has alleged.
(b) That this woman is not ordinarily responsible for what Sun Newspaper might thane written.
(c) That there is no other occasion where this woman is said to have made the same claim.

In her recent appearance before the House of Representative in November of 2013, she fully described her educational background and there was no claim about the MBA from the Virginia College.

So, how come that she wrote her resume for only one occasion?

(d) That SR might have been on a vendetta against this woman, not as a journalist reporting facts as they occurred, but as a propagandist shaping those facts to arrive at an agenda.
(d) That this woman has enemies that could have bought SR to peddle these fabrications. And SR has previously been known to lie and fabricate stories based on who paid for such fabrication.
(e) That, indeed, if you look closely at what Sahara Reporters wrote, you would see vividly the trick. SR wrote in its own words as follows:
“[Oduah] realized very early in life the indispensability of a sound education in her growth plans in life and therefore pursued her education with all diligence and sense of purpose,” her documents claimed, adding that a determination “to have the best education at the highest level” prompted her stay at the Virginia college in 1983 for the MBA programme.

The above is the story of SR. SR presented the statement above as if it all was something that Mr. Oduah said or wrote. But look at the above statement again carefully. What do you notice? Not all of it was in quotation mark. The quoted part are supposed to be her statement. The portion that is not quoted were supplied by SR.
Oduah said: “[Oduah] realized very early in life the indispensability of a sound education in her growth plans in life and therefore pursued her education with all diligence and sense of purpose,” ……..“to have the best education at the highest level”

SR added: [her documents claimed, adding that a determination]….. [prompted her stay at the Virginia College in 1983 for the MBA programme.].
If you examine the above, you would see that it was SR that added “MBA from Virginia” to Oduah’s resume statement.
Further, if you look at even the statement in quote, supposedly written by Oduah, it has a phrase such as “…pursued her education…”. The “her” in that statement means that it might not have been written by Oduah herself. Otherwise, it would have been “my” instead of “her”.

As her public relations machinery marched on, in December 2012 The Sun newspaper published an article headlined “Stella Oduah: An Amazon of transformation,” which lauded her “MBA from St Paul’s College, Lawrenceville Virginia USA.” The story also praised her for being an official who brought her “rich educational background to bear on the aviation sector by automating revenue centers in all the agencies and parastatals to boost their revenue profile and enhance transparency and accountability in the system.”

What does SR mean by: “As her public relations machinery marched on..”? How did SR know that the story published in Sun Newspaper was not something written by Sun Newspaper journalists and reporters on their own? How did it become “her public relations machinery?” . And if SR was sure that it was not Sun Newspapers journalist that wrote that story, why didn’t SR mention the names of the people that comprised “her public relations machinery” since it knew what they were doing?

I bothered to point those few instances and pattern of manipulation of facts by SR. I know SR first hand. I know what it did in my case. Concealing a personal vendetta towards me, it lied one thousand times against me. It clamed that an American court found me guilty of stealing. It claimed that I was going to go to jail in America. It peddled such falsehood to the gullible members of the Nigerian public who bought it hook, line and sinker. It is peddling similar lies against this woman, hoping that the gullible Nigerians would buy it. What SR is not revealing to Nigerians is how much money it was paid to attack this woman. And one must have noticed how the SR publisher tries to blackmail the Nigerian Senate into investigating the story it fabricated. This is not journalism. This is gutter attempt to extort money from this Minister or to give value to those that paid SR to spread this propaganda.

AND THEY SEEMS PURELY TRIBAL TO ME..........A reliable source once stated that SR is filled with some yoruba Tribal Bigots.

4 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by omar22(m): 3:56pm On Jan 08, 2014
lacidi:

Barrack on his own volition released the Birth Certificate in order to clear the air. He was not under any compulsion to do so. Stella can also decide to release the MBA certificate. What we need to clear here is that she cannot be COMPLELLED to do so under the FOI act.

But if you accept a role based on your qualification then at any point they could ask you to provide your certificate, mostly if they feel that you committed an act of deception and mostly this occurs at the professional level

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jan 08, 2014
^^^agbameta is a very dull person no doubt but I believe in Evolution by natural selection.

I hope nature do away with the likes of agbameta and select more intelligent human species soon.

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jan 08, 2014
omar22:

There is something called "consent" in law. Obama made his birth certificate public out of his own freewill and time. He was under no legal obligation to do so. Likewise, Stella Oduah can "consent" to make her MBA certificate public or choose to keep it as private property.

BTW i am not a legal practitioner, please channel your question(s) to the proper authorities like @lacidi and other intellect in legal matters.
Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by agbameta: 4:06pm On Jan 08, 2014
lacidi:

Must you deginerate to this level just to make your point? Must you insult people? Is that the only way you can put your message accross? I do not know you, neither do you know me. You do not even know my background, but concluded that 'I am ignorant and have a flawed understanding of the subject matter'. NL na wao!

However, I will not go that route with you. I will not trade words with you either.

Anyway, my points were very clear and I stated clearly that 'if the statement that she had an MBA was made under oath' then she is guilty of perjury.

Now that you have found her guilty, please do proceed to court and seek an order to remove her from office. Thank you Sir. SMH

Ignorance was a perfect qualification for your flawed post and I stand by every word i used to qualify your post.

The fact that you said what was was presented to the public is not a public record sums up your ignorant and tragically flawed post.

About going to court, why bother? We know how this story is going to end.
Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jan 08, 2014
Interesting analysis.

arkreality: In the report below, in in which Sahara Reporters aimed its usual filth on the Nigerian Aviation, Ms. Stella Oduah, one can see how Sahara Reporting works.

On the surface, you would think that there is a compelling story that is watertight. But not really. Before I say anything further, let me make it clear that I don't work for this woman.
I don't know who she is. She will not give me water if I appear in her office tomorrow. I would say, I care very little about her personally. But, I can educate the average person on how SR uses fact manipulation to play on the minds of an average person and extort money from victims or be paid by those that aim to attack the victim.

(a) Ms. Oduah claimed to have obtained MBA from the Virginia College. If one can show that she never made that claim, everything else Sahara Reporters wrote will fall like a pack of cards. Right?
First, how do you know that she ever claimed to have MBA from that college? Or are you going to blame her for what Sun Newspaper reported? Maybe! But not so fast!
Let's start from what we know or what we could verify: We can verify whether the particular college ever offered MBA or not. It doesn’t. But that is not the issue.

Then, let's verify whether the lady claimed (a) that she got MBA and (b) that she obtained it from that college. SR says she did (a) and (b). What is SR's proof?
(a) SR says that she stated that in her resume which she allegedly submitted to the Senate for her confirmation hearing.
What SR did is an old trick. You create a straw man, and then you shoot him down and pose like a hero that slayed the dragon. Remember what a mother normally does with 2-year old kids. She would point in the corner of the room at an imaginary boogieman. The child will be captivated by the supposed boogieman. Then the mother will take any object nearby and strike at the boogieman. The child will smile to see his brave mother slay the boogieman. That is what SR has done in this report. It created scenarios that were not important and made them look like something hidden that it, the crusader, alone discovered.

Question: What is the proof that Oduah made that claim on the resume she submitted to the Senate?
For you to dispense with proof, you have to believe SR to be saying the truth. But SR CANNOT be trusted to say the truth about this woman. Why? Read the entire report again. It is clear that SR credits itself with "outing" this woman for corruption. Yet it was known that SR embellished that report it wrote on the Minister in October of last year. So, the reader must go beyond SR to find the truth.
If SR had a copy of the resume of this woman, which it alleges was presented to the Senate, it would normally have exhibited that resume. It is fair to say therefore that SR does not have a copy of that resume. It must be reporting on what it was told by an unnamed person, or better, what its publisher cooked up.

Secondly, if the resume was submited to the Senate, it would be part of the official documents of the Senate and SR could have obtained a Certified True Copy of what the Senate has in its record. That way, the truth would be clear. But it did not, because it doesn’t exist.

So, the point is that this story that appears to be a bull’s-eye or something big could really be a patched up set of fabrications.
(a) That this woman did not make the claims in any resume contrary to what SR has alleged.
(b) That this woman is not ordinarily responsible for what Sun Newspaper might thane written.
(c) That there is no other occasion where this woman is said to have made the same claim.

In her recent appearance before the House of Representative in November of 2013, she fully described her educational background and there was no claim about the MBA from the Virginia College.

(d) That SR might have been on a vendetta against this woman, not as a journalist reporting facts as they occurred, but as a propagandist shaping those facts to arrive at an agenda.
(d) That this woman has enemies that could have bought SR to peddle these fabrications. And SR has previously been known to lie and fabricate stories based on who paid for such fabrication.
(e) That, indeed, if you look closely at what Sahara Reporters wrote, you would see vividly the trick. SR wrote in its own words as follows:
“[Oduah] realized very early in life the indispensability of a sound education in her growth plans in life and therefore pursued her education with all diligence and sense of purpose,” her documents claimed, adding that a determination “to have the best education at the highest level” prompted her stay at the Virginia college in 1983 for the MBA programme.

The above is the story of SR. SR presented the statement above as if it all was something that Mr. Oduah said or wrote. But look at the above statement again carefully. What do you notice? Not all of it was in quotation mark. The quoted part are supposed to be her statement. The portion that is not quoted were supplied by SR.
Oduah said: “[Oduah] realized very early in life the indispensability of a sound education in her growth plans in life and therefore pursued her education with all diligence and sense of purpose,” ……..“to have the best education at the highest level”

SR added: [her documents claimed, adding that a determination]….. [prompted her stay at the Virginia College in 1983 for the MBA programme.].
If you examine the above, you would see that it was SR that added “MBA from Virginia” to Oduah’s resume statement.
Further, if you look at even the statement in quote, supposedly written by Oduah, it has a phrase such as “…pursued her education…”. The “her” in that statement means that it might not have been written by Oduah herself. Otherwise, it would have been “my” instead of “her”.

As her public relations machinery marched on, in December 2012 The Sun newspaper published an article headlined “Stella Oduah: An Amazon of transformation,” which lauded her “MBA from St Paul’s College, Lawrenceville Virginia USA.” The story also praised her for being an official who brought her “rich educational background to bear on the aviation sector by automating revenue centers in all the agencies and parastatals to boost their revenue profile and enhance transparency and accountability in the system.”

What does SR mean by: “As her public relations machinery marched on..”? How did SR know that the story published in Sun Newspaper was not something written by Sun Newspaper journalists and reporters on their own? How did it become “her public relations machinery?” . And if SR was sure that it was not Sun Newspapers journalist that wrote that story, why didn’t SR mention the names of the people that comprised “her public relations machinery” since it knew what they were doing?

I bothered to point those few instances and pattern of manipulation of facts by SR. I know SR first hand. I know what it did in my case. Concealing a personal vendetta towards me, it lied one thousand times against me. It clamed that an American court found me guilty of stealing. It claimed that I was going to go to jail in America. It peddled such falsehood to the gullible members of the Nigerian public who bought it hook, line and sinker. It is peddling similar lies against this woman, hoping that the gullible Nigerians would buy it. What SR is not revealing to Nigerians is how much money it was paid to attack this woman. And one must have noticed how the SR publisher tries to blackmail the Nigerian Senate into investigating the story it fabricated. This is not journalism. This is gutter attempt to extort money from this Minister or to give value to those that paid SR to spread this propaganda.

AND THEY SEEMS PURELY TRIBAL TO ME..........A reliable source once stated that SR is filled with some yoruba Tribal Bigots.
Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by DerideGull(m): 4:14pm On Jan 08, 2014
omar22:

But if you accept a role based on your qualification then at any point they could ask you to provide your certificate, mostly if they feel that you committed an act of deception and mostly this occurs at the professional level

There is no stated qualification for a position of Nigerian minister of aviation. Such appointment is pure political appointment and, in fact, the appointer could have appointed a market woman to the post. The people like Alhaji Tanko Galadima never saw the four walls of any higher institution in Nigeria when he became Nigerian acting minister of defense.

In fact, if the northern region of Nigeria did not have a considerable number of formally educated folks today, there shall never be a Senate screening of ministerial appointees.
Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by agbameta: 4:28pm On Jan 08, 2014
[s]
arkreality: In the report below, in in which Sahara Reporters aimed its usual filth on the Nigerian Aviation, Ms. Stella Oduah, one can see how Sahara Reporting works.

[/s]

Nice try, but you get F for FAIL.
Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by manny4life(m): 4:46pm On Jan 08, 2014

Whew... What a GREAT analysis... PERFECT.
Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by manny4life(m): 4:51pm On Jan 08, 2014
omar22:

Who are they?

Firstly the differences between Oduah and Obama are

1. By American law, a U.S. President is supposed to be an "Naturally American Born Citizen", it was mandatory, as for Oduah, having an MBA isn't a criteria unless someone can prove that it is.

2. Obama willingly released his birth records to the Republicans not because they were entitled to it, it was a personal decision because he had undergone the verification and investigative process, same applied to Oduah, she's at will to release her personal information if she so desires. She's not obligated to do so though I'd like to see release the information and clear the air.
Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by manny4life(m): 4:54pm On Jan 08, 2014
rudedough: Yeeeepaaa!!!! They are lynching the lawyer ooo... Ok! Let me back off slowly before they recognize me... Lobatan!!

**Dodge Stone*** Dodge kpako*** Pick race** grin grin

Lol.. You mean the lawyer that claims to have security clearance and worked for Dept of State, and traveled a million countries, and did high profile investigations and interrogation. Don't believe the hype..
Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by ISpiksDaTroof: 7:09pm On Jan 08, 2014
lacidi: The problem I have with NL is that there are a lot of people here who want to claim to know more than they do. I will not say there are too many kids here, but a lot of NL members seem to act mostly on impulse and sentiments, rather than facts.

Firstly, the MBA certificate of Ms. Oduah was NOT the basis for her appointment as a Minister . We need to establish what the minimum requirements are for being a minister. Just like the position of the President, the minimum requirement is an O ‘level certificate or its equivalent.

This leaves us with the issue of what crime, if any, was committed. I am not privy to the form of documents presented to the National Assembly and hence I cannot say whether they were submitted under oath. If they were, then she will be guilty of perjury, if not, then she is not guilty of a criminal offence but will lose the moral right to remain in government. Note that I said 'moral right' not 'legal right'. The morality of her actions does not however mean that her employer (the presidency) is bound to remove her. This is because morals do not determine legal decisions (remember Clinton and Lewinsky?). So if the president feels that he cannot work with someone of such weak morals, then he should go ahead and remove her, but he also has to balance the opportunity cost of losing whatever positives she brings to the aviation ministry.

On the issue of releasing her MBA for public viewing, the FOI does not apply to private documents. Ms. Odua's MBA certificate is not a public document. It is not the basis for her appointment. She therefore cannot be forced to release the document if she does not wish to.

NB: All the above is based on the assumption that she actually lied about her MBA. I am not stating this as a given, I am only working on that assumption.
Everything you've said up there is total crap. I'll break it down to you without going into issues I have already expatiated upon, previously.

1. Noone ever said her "bogus" degree was the "basis for her appointment". All "we" are saying is WHATEVER documents were presented to THE NIGERIAN PEOPLE before she got appointed is subject to scrutiny upon demand, except in cases where i.e National Security will be jeopardized. Such is not the case in this instance.

2. Moral and legal what? Stringing together fancy words laced in attempts at grammatical wonders still doesnt mean you're right. Clinton and Lewinsky engaged in CONSENSUAL se*xual activities. If Clinton had ra*ped her what do you think the outcome would've been? Still a "loss of moral rights" or would that now make it a criminal action subject to indictment and prosecution? Please, stick to topics youre versed in.

3. You are the one being sentimental,impulsive and pretending to know that which you know not.
Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by ISpiksDaTroof: 7:14pm On Jan 08, 2014
agbameta:

The bobo get blackberry now.....lmao

Lmao I was actually referring to his spiky hair, and overall unkempt look.
Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by ISpiksDaTroof: 7:18pm On Jan 08, 2014
manny4life:

Lol.. You mean the lawyer that claims to have security clearance and worked for Dept of State, and traveled a million countries, and did high profile investigations and interrogation. Don't believe the hype..
You are just a all around hateful individual aren't you? Going through your old posts and you actions and attempts at coming at me just because you were floored and exposed in the other thread shows this. But, I got just two questions for you:

1. Will a time ever come when you will look at a situation in Nigeria and judge it honestly, regardless of the tribe and religion of that person especially when an igbo person is involved?

2. Why do you hate Yorubas?

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by manny4life(m): 7:35pm On Jan 08, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof: You are just a all around hateful individual aren't you? Going through your old posts and you actions and attempts at coming at me just because you were floored and exposed in the other thread, I got just two questions for you:

1. Will a time ever come when you will look at a situation in Nigeria and judge it honestly, regardless of the tribe and religion of that person especially when an igbo person is involved?

2. Why do you hate Yorubas?

Floored on what exactly? LMAO

You mean like how eko ile quoted me saying "presenting forged certificates are LIES and not FORGERY". I asked him to produce the post and he quoted my a one line sentence..Even his own brothers were laughing so hard... Pathetic.

You really think highly of yourself to believe I give two fuccks about you? If this isn't delusion, someone wake up. I have no interest of coming at you, PLEASEEEEEEEE, I quoted someone else and not you.. Don't get it twisted. I'm not hateful but I hate BITTER OLD men like you.

1. Not worth answering, remove the log in your eyes before seeking to remove others.

2. I do not hate Yorubas, never have and never will.
Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by defbond1: 7:57pm On Jan 08, 2014
The more I read people's comments the sorrier I feel for nigeria and Nigerians.

Even the people of the land condone corruption but as long as it is their tribes man or woman.

How nice. How very nice!!!

3 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by ISpiksDaTroof: 7:58pm On Jan 08, 2014
manny4life:

Floored on what exactly? LMAO

You mean like how eko ile quoted me saying "presenting forged certificates are LIES and not FORGERY". I asked him to produce the post and he quoted my a one line sentence..Even his own brothers were laughing so hard... Pathetic.

You really think highly of yourself to believe I give two fuccks about you? If this isn't delusion, someone wake up. I have no interest of coming at you, PLEASEEEEEEEE, I quoted someone else and not you.. Don't get it twisted. I'm not hateful but I hate BITTER OLD men like you.

1. Not worth answering, remove the log in your eyes before seeking to remove others.

2. I do not hate Yorubas, never have and never will.

Lmao Now, Im "BITTER OLD MAN" that you "HATE". Why exactly? Do you know me? Do I know you? Or are you just full of hate; because going by your posts thats what makes you breath, function and live.

P.S:Who is "EKOLE" and why should I care what grudges you hold against him?

You still refused to answer my question if you could ever be an impartial judge when the situation involves an "Igbo national v Anyone else"... especially a Yourba citizen.

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by ISpiksDaTroof: 8:05pm On Jan 08, 2014
defbond1: The more I read people's comments the sorrier I feel for nigeria and Nigerians.

Even the people of the land condone corruption but as long as it is their tribes man or woman.

How nice. How very nice!!!

Very sick individuals I tell you. I was posted out there a few times over the past 2 decades; you should've seen the shenanigans they were willing to try and pull at the Consulate. The whole society---well a certain section, actually are the ones very well known for their criminal notoriety--- is just one big pothole full of talking snakes. Deception is nothing to them. You can see it in their defense of obvious criminal behavior.

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by manny4life(m): 8:44pm On Jan 08, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:

Lmao Now, Im "BITTER OLD MAN" that you "HATE". Why exactly? Do you know me? Do I know you? Or are you just full of hate; because going by your posts thats what makes you breath, function and live.

P.S:Who is "EKOLE" and why should I care what grudges you hold against him?

You still refused to answer my question if you could ever be an impartial judge when the situation involves an "Igbo national v Anyone else"... especially a Yourba citizen.

Hehe,

Do I need to know you to tell how hateful you are? It's only a hateful individual that can identify with their likes, get it? You said I'm hateful, well, for you to quickly identify me, you've been in the business of hate for a minute. Whew... HOT AIR.

As an "attorney" called to the bar, I sincerely doubt reading is a problem for your. Read my previous quote, then you'll know my stand.

Wear your crown man, it's aight... No shame in your game. cool cool
Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by ISpiksDaTroof: 9:05pm On Jan 08, 2014
manny4life:

Hehe,

Do I need to know you to tell how hateful you are? It's only a hateful individual that can identify with their likes, get it? You said I'm hateful, well, for you to quickly identify me, you've been in the business of hate for a minute. Whew... HOT AIR.

As an "attorney" called to the bar, I sincerely doubt reading is a problem for your. Read my previous quote, then you'll know my stand.

Wear your crown man, it's aight... No shame in your game. cool cool

Really, whats this pile of cattle dung you just dropped on here?

In any case, I can see that you're very feminine and would love to have the "last word" by continuing a muddy brawl even when you're obviously wrong. But guess what, I don't grapple with women nor do I relish a fight in dirt with hogs. On that note, you sir, can have the floor. Im out. Ive made my point. You couldn't even answer if you could ever be an impartial judge to a non-Igbo ESPECIALLY a Yourba or why you hate them so much. That shows your character in HD.

Ciao

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by manny4life(m): 9:10pm On Jan 08, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:

Really, whats this pile of cattle dung you just dropped on here?

In any case, I can see that you're very feminine and would love to have the "last word" by continuing a muddy brawl even when you're obviously wrong. But guess what, I don't grapple with women nor do I relish a fight in dirt with hogs. On that note, you sir, can have the floor. Im out. Ive made my point. You couldn't even answer if you could ever be an impartial judge to a non-Igbo ESPECIALLY a Yourba or why you hate them so much. That shows your character in HD.

Ciao

Haha... HOT AIR.
Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by clemhova: 9:15pm On Jan 08, 2014
Embattled Minister of Aviation, Stella Oduah, and her associates have spent the last several hours scrambling to clean up the minister’s biographies on the Internet, following allegations that she lied about her academic qualifications ...

http://www..com/talk/topic,186759.0.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by clemhova: 9:23pm On Jan 08, 2014

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by meforyou1(m): 9:24pm On Jan 08, 2014
That cow dung should bury his head in shame. Oduah's CV shows she never claimed she had a masters degree. I know very well that NNPC would not have given her appointment without verifying her certificates
Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jan 08, 2014
clemhova: Matters Arising...

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/152958-aviation-minister-stella-oduah-in-fresh-fake-doctorate-degree-scandal.html

Hope I will not hear anybody defending this shame?

Quote from your link. grin grin

"Meanwhile, in the same resume she submitted to the Senate, Mrs. Oduah did not indicate that she got a Masters from St. Paul.... She only claimed in the document to the Senate that she obtained a Bachelor of Science degree from St. Paul’s College in 1982"

Lobatan!!! Case closed about MBA, now honorary PhD.

An illiterate can get an honorary PhD, that degree is as useless as a seat belt on a bicycle. But like the MBA propaganda, keep searching, you will find the University yourselves. grin

Una no dey tire to fight Stella Oduah? Let the Hon. Minister do her job. It's no more business as usual, no more sharing of the national cake.

Live with it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply)

Buhari Meets & Shakes Man Who Trekked From Lagos To Abuja [Photos] / Young Man Visits Ojukwu Bunker In Abia State. See What He Saw. Photos / Femi Gbajabiamila Meets Man Whose Keke Has A Fan, Audio System And Refreshments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 183
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.