Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,024 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

Divorced Women In Nigeria - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Divorced Women In Nigeria (15096 Views)

Need Advice From Married Couples/divorced Women / Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). / Top 10 Reasons For Getting Divorced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Divorced Women In Nigeria by mgbeketoto: 11:12pm On Jan 07, 2014
lady gogo:

you are right Kanwulia. They keep living in denial and their ego wont let them go back and beg their wives. Is it when you are in your 40's and 50's that you will want to start chatting a girl up in a club and you wont be looked at like some Grand daddy? grin

Tell me which man you know that has NEVER REGRETTED LEAVING HIS FIRST WIFE?
They will be doing 'GUY YO YO' and be dying silently inside. grin
WOMEN DIE ON THE OUTSIDE, on the other hand.
We all know the truth abi? cheesy

Not my portion o! I do NOT WISH TO REPEAT THE MISTAKE OF ANY PERSON . . . PARENTS INCLUDED!!!!. . . .I WILL LIVE THIS LIFE WELL WELL! cool

See awon 'DINO' THE BINGO! grin

*abeg, make i nor hijack this sweeeeeeeet topic jare. . . off to work. . .I AM IN CHARGE today and must be there early to WARD OFF ALL EVIL SPIRITS FROM MY OFFICE* cool

*logs off*

Song of the day! cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vx2u5uUu3DE
Re: Divorced Women In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:37am On Jan 08, 2014
Hehehehe cool
Re: Divorced Women In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:30am On Jan 08, 2014
pslm23: Happy New Year dear NL folks! I have a burning question that I hope a matured person or persons can shed some light on.

why is that Nigeria women tend to look down on other women who are divorced? In other countries, who cares if you are divorced or married? who cares if you get pregnant one month or one year after marriage? The kind of pressure put on women here is unbelievable! But what irks me to no end is how these hoity toity pompous women treat women who are divorced as if they are going straight to hell or like they are lepers!
I know the Bible frowns upon divorce but the Bible also frowns upon hundreds of things that we are all guilty of committing! As far as I'm concerned, any woman who is bold enough to walk out of an abusive relationship or marriage deserves an award in Nigeria not condemnation!

Don't you know divorce is the absolute worst sin in the Nigerian bible? Afterall, God 'hates it'.
*end sarcasm*

It's just stunning hypocrisy coupled with the inability to use common sense.

At least they identify themselves early as people you should avoid.

1 Like

Re: Divorced Women In Nigeria by ypepe: 5:17am On Jan 08, 2014
It seems that d norm on nl is once u find urself off d shores of naija, naija now becomes d devil's incarnate.

The way pple that managed either by marriage or what have u especially females tend to mock naija marriage and seggregate themselves from their homeland tend to puzzle and amaze me.

U will start hearing things like 'that's how naija peeps do it in that their country, don't they hv good road in that country,bla bla bla'
WTF!
Why d forming attitude or am I seeing inferiority complex all over?
I will ask d same question I normally ask myself whenever I c such posts.
Pls, r these peeps not naija citizens?
What of their parents? Even one that moved a month ago immediately adopts that mentality.
If we all r failures as claimed by them, so also r their parents. Even in their present country of abode, I'm yet to hear of d impact they r making there except petch on and enjoy another man's labour(is that not part of the so called naija mentality too?)

As per marriage, we r meant to believe that all naija marriages r doomed while any other one especially from d west is always a paradise on earth, really?

I don't wanna go into statistics but u guys should not let me start digging.

I'm a naija gal based in naija and proudly rocking my naija husband. I'm very proud to say some pf us in naija r way better than the host of u guys out there pretending to be happy.
During d time of Clinton's saga, Hillary wasn't suffering and smilling or Obama and d wife? Is it Gearge Bush junior and d wife. I pray u all should go and read his wife's book.
What of the british royal family?
What u get there is a reflection of how their society is in general.
We work and take care of our families, so what's d rationale in always painting us black?
Go to some naija homes, u will go home dreaming, so what's the problem here?

Forming oyinbo more than the oyinbos?
Abegi!
Shyte happens everywhere in diff forms,period.

Topic,
Op, stop generalising. U guys from what I've been reading here knew how we r already so why complaining?
I hv seen a divorced woman that's yet to be treated like a monster. Rather bc of d circumstance sorrounding her divorce, she received a pat on d back and encouraged to move on and she is indeed moving on.
I guess u were born in naija too and ur pple r in naija,hv they crucified u yet?
My point,stop generalising and judging people. U r guilty as well.

5 Likes

Re: Divorced Women In Nigeria by pickabeau1: 7:42am On Jan 08, 2014
mechnonu dia tongue..

Na only naija marriages wey abuse dey

This ur beef against naija is it not becoming something else

But ur post on the green card wives looking down on divorcees was so funny,, they even know their hubby has foreign wife...
Chillisauce:

That's what you get from most Nigerian marriages in Nigeria. See them covering up with sun shades cheesy.

Anyway, just against spousal abuse.

Re: Divorced Women In Nigeria by pickabeau1: 7:53am On Jan 08, 2014
I tire ooo... the complex is so complex....
+ 1

ypepe: It seems that d norm on nl is once u find urself off d shores of naija, naija now becomes d devil's incarnate.

The way pple that managed either by marriage or what have u especially females tend to mock naija marriage and seggregate themselves from their homeland tend to puzzle and amaze me.

U will start hearing things like 'that's how naija peeps do it in that their country, don't they hv good road in that country,bla bla bla'
WTF!
What of their parents? Even one that moved a month ago immediately adopts that mentality.
If we all r failures as claimed by them, so also r their parents. Even in their present country of abode, I'm yet to hear of d impact they r making there except petch on and enjoy another man's labour(is that not part of the so called naija mentality too?)

As per marriage, we r meant to believe that all naija marriages r doomed while any other one especially from d west is always a paradise on earth, really?

I'm a naija gal based in naija and proudly rocking my naija husband. I'm very proud to say some pf us in naija r way better than the host of u guys out there pretending to be happy.
During d time of Clinton's saga, Hillary wasn't suffering and smilling or Obama and d wife? Is it Gearge Bush junior and d wife. I pray u all should go and read his wife's book.
What of the british royal family?
What u get there is a reflection of how their society is in general.
We work and take care of our families, so what's d rationale in always painting us black?
Go to some naija homes, u will go home dreaming, so what's the problem here?

Forming oyinbo more than the oyinbos?
Abegi!
Shyte happens everywhere in diff forms,period.

Topic,
Op, stop generalising. U guys from what I've been reading here knew how we r already so why complaining?
I hv seen a divorced woman that's yet to be treated like a monster. Rather bc of d circumstance sorrounding her divorce, she received a pat on d back and encouraged to move on and she is indeed moving on.
I guess u were born in naija too and ur pple r in naija,hv they crucified u yet?
My point,stop generalising and judging people. U r guilty as well.
Re: Divorced Women In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:40am On Jan 08, 2014
pickabeau1: mechnonu dia tongue..

Na only naija marriages wey abuse dey

This ur beef against naija is it not becoming something else

But ur post on the green card wives looking down on divorcees was so funny,, they even know their hubby has foreign wife...

Ma friend, park well dia. Guilty conscience fears no accusation. If my post is not applicable to you, then worka pass Jor. How difficult can it be.

If you tell me mechonu again I go peel those your lips like how they peel that of native fowl angry tongue

1 Like

Re: Divorced Women In Nigeria by pslm23(f): 8:44am On Jan 08, 2014
Chillisauce:

Ma friend, park well dia. Guilty conscience fears no accusation. If my post is not applicable to you, then worka pass Jor. How difficult can it be.

If you tell me mechonu again I go peel those your lips like how they peel that of native fowl angry tongue

hahahahahahaha...my dear Chillisauce, i'm laughing over the bold comment grin grin grin. 2 days ago i used the same saying and i was set straight in a not so kind way sad ... it's ackshually "a clear conscience fears no accusation" for some reason a lot of folks switch the "clear" with "guilty" which really doesn't make sense! why would a guilty conscience fear an accusation it is guilty! grin cool
Re: Divorced Women In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:50am On Jan 08, 2014
pslm23:

hahahahahahaha...my dear Chillisauce, i'm laughing over the bold comment grin grin grin. 2 days ago i used the same saying and i was set straight in a not so kind way sad ... it's ackshually "a clear conscience fears no accusation" for some reason a lot of folks switch the "clear" with "guilty" which really doesn't make sense! why would a guilty conscience fear an accusation it is guilty! grin cool

My dear, the diff is clear though. You just use it and never thought of it cheesy

Thanks for it.

1 Like

Re: Divorced Women In Nigeria by ifyalways(f): 8:58am On Jan 08, 2014
ypepe: It seems that d norm on nl is once u find urself off d shores of naija, naija now becomes d devil's incarnate.
The way pple that managed either by marriage or what have u especially females tend to mock naija marriage and seggregate themselves from
Mu che che cheesy grin cheesy I wish i know how to upload gifs.

Psm23,happy new year. kiss

@Topic,simply ignore. It could be where you stay,the people you move with-In some places here in Nigeria,divorced women are the ish(it seems);having fun,running things and no one dares judge or look down on them.

1 Like

Re: Divorced Women In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:03am On Jan 08, 2014

WTF!

What is the relevance of this rant to the fact that the OP is discriminated against for being a divorcee when in Nigeria but not when in other countries?

Or are you saying she's lying about her experience? So Nigerians don't look down on divorcees more than westerners?

13 Likes

Re: Divorced Women In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:15am On Jan 08, 2014
I tire for the rant o.

Abroad no abroad.

Ypepe if you have a problem with any post, say it and thrash it out instead of all these side talks.

Peakabeau, I no even understand your own wahala sef

2 Likes

Re: Divorced Women In Nigeria by ypepe: 9:27am On Jan 08, 2014
Ile, and so what?
My supposed rant is what I've been observing since I started using nl and its very nauseting. Abeg if ur marriage and life is rocking for u wherever u r, spare us that don't even know d meaning of marriage and life.
Nigerians don't know how to treat their wives, they hate divorced folks, they do this and that yet we and our families and friends r part of d system.
What r u doing to change d system if u so hate it?
At least some of us will start by changing their names first.
Such hypocrisy.

And I asked the @op,has her people crucified her yet?
Stop generalising. Period.

2 Likes

Re: Divorced Women In Nigeria by pslm23(f): 9:33am On Jan 08, 2014
ypepe: Ile, and so what?
My supposed rant is what I've been observing since I started using nl and its very nauseting. Abeg if ur marriage and life is rocking for u wherever u r, spare us that don't even know d meaning of marriage and life.
Nigerians don't know how to treat their wives, they hate divorced folks, they do this and that yet we and our families and friends r part of d system.
Such hypocrisy.

..... and the op has this to say. My brothers and sisters can not and will not judge me because they know what i went through and not just that, they are well learned and brought up enough to know that you do not look down or snub another person who has had one ill-luck or the other. Divorce is a horrible thing and it does serious damage to a lot of folks self esteem and mental state. I wrote what i saw and went through with some women in my compound, church and neighborhood. and As for generalizing, please take time to read everything i posted yesterday and you'll clearly see where i said that during my trying period, i got tons of support from fellow Nigerians here on NL.

8 Likes

Re: Divorced Women In Nigeria by ypepe: 9:33am On Jan 08, 2014
Chillisauce: I tire for the rant o.

Abroad no abroad.

Ypepe if you have a problem with any post, say it and thrash it out instead of all these side talks.

Peakabeau, I no even understand your own wahala sef
My problem is that u guys should stop looking down on peeps in naija as if they don't know what they r doing.
Simple.
Instead of u to tackle d post, everybody will start rubbishing naija as if they r not part of the system.
Not only here but in so many posts.
At times u guys should go back and read some of ur posts.
And u want me to support that?

2 Likes

Re: Divorced Women In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:38am On Jan 08, 2014
ypepe:
My problem is that u guys should stop looking down on peeps in naija as if they don't know what they r doing.
Simple.
Instead of u to tackle d post, everybody will start rubbishing naija as if they r not part of the system.
Not only here but in so many posts.
At times u guys should go back and read some of ur posts.
And u want me to support that?

So I shouldn't say my mind again abi? Nigeria is sick . Everyone knows that . Nothing to hide here. I say the truth sis. You don't like it, ignore.

You guys you guys? Has something been bothering you?
No one is generzlising here. At least I leave mine at 99%

3 Likes

Re: Divorced Women In Nigeria by ypepe: 9:40am On Jan 08, 2014
Psalm, I'm yet to read what u addressed to me. I'm addressing a general notion by our pple living outside naija who thinks that all we know how to do is walk around naked.
Every country in this world hv one ish or d other.
Our pple were once in darkness and when they left d shores of naija, they started seeing and bam!, we all in naija r doomed!

What kind of colonial mentality is that?

2 Likes

Re: Divorced Women In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:42am On Jan 08, 2014
ypepe: Ile, and so what?
Such hypocrisy.

Well your rant makes no sense.

Because we are part of the system means we shouldn't speak out against what's wrong? So because you are part of the system you're going to lie that divorced women generally get pats on the back in Nigeria?

If that's not hypocrisy, then I don't know what is.

People speaking up against the bad things their country is known for is not novel. People from all countries criticize their own. Stop feeling persecuted and address the thread issue instead of all this.

You could have picked a better thread for that ridiculousness. This thread lends zero legitimacy to your rant simply because we all know this issue is very true. Even on NL, we see how divorcees are treated by many people and the idiotic reasoning behind it.

Spare us your NIN vs NID beef. No one is interested in it.

10 Likes

Re: Divorced Women In Nigeria by ypepe: 9:42am On Jan 08, 2014
Chilli, I didn't pick anybody's post. I am talking about what I've been seeing here.

This rubbish should stop abeg.
Read my first post without sentiment and u will c where I'm going to.

1 Like

Re: Divorced Women In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:45am On Jan 08, 2014
Open another thread and thrash it out. Lets not derail this thread for this our beautiful sister . She is still going through a lot and here you are talking about ppl living abroad and ppl not.

It's not a competition

8 Likes

Re: Divorced Women In Nigeria by Kokobebi(f): 9:48am On Jan 08, 2014
Just an observation

Some hop from thread to thread,not stating their opinions.
They quote others and stoke the embers...then bounce around like a yoyo..

Just like I'm doing now.. cheesy

@Op,we are Nijirians,society,religion,has made us carry marriage as a cross,marriage is a life definer,you must stay married till you die.divorcees are seen as contagious failures in some parts.I'm sure the discriminatory people don't count in the larger scale of things.You own your life,run it how you deem fit.Life is too short to bother about misery cats.

You know Debrief I'm sure..She was constantly abused online,just for being a divorcee.The people typing are real.If they were soo terrible to her on the web,imagine what they are like in reality.

Just live your life o.

11 Likes

Re: Divorced Women In Nigeria by ypepe: 9:52am On Jan 08, 2014
Nothing to trash out.
@op should read my first and only post to her.
Has her family and relative crucified her yet?
D strength she said she needed,is she not getting that from naija?
Why d generalization?
Re: Divorced Women In Nigeria by pslm23(f): 10:04am On Jan 08, 2014
ypepe: Nothing to trash out.
@op should read my first and only post to her.
Has her family and relative crucified her yet?
D strength she said she needed,is she not getting that from naija?
Why d generalization?

angry angry angry lipsrsealed undecided ......sighhhhhhhhhhhh

no more comments abeg! i'm done explaining

2 Likes

Re: Divorced Women In Nigeria by pslm23(f): 10:05am On Jan 08, 2014
Kokobebi: Just an observation

Some hop from thread to thread,not stating their opinions.
They quote others and stoke the embers...then bounce around like a yoyo..

Just like I'm doing now.. cheesy

@Op,we are Nijirians,society,religion,has made us carry marriage as a cross,marriage is a life definer,you must stay married till you die.divorcees are seen as contagious failures in some parts.I'm sure the discriminatory people don't count in the larger scale of things.You own your life,run it how you deem fit.Life is too short to bother about misery cats.

You know Debrief I'm sure..She was constantly abused online,just for being a divorcee.The people typing are real.If they were soo terrible to her on the web,imagine what they are like in reality.

Just live your life o.

GBAM @ bolded comment!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Divorced Women In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:12am On Jan 08, 2014
mgbeketoto:

That is why I generalized. . .with a few exceptions of course! kiss
Let other people be the judge of that!
Abi do you want to 'evaluate' yourself online when we do not know you personally. . . PERSONA PERSONALLY! wink

*wetin you for tok before*? cheesy

ROTFLMAO grin grin

grin grin
Re: Divorced Women In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:16am On Jan 08, 2014
pslm23: Happy New Year dear NL folks! I have a burning question that I hope a matured person or persons can shed some light on.

why is that Nigeria women tend to look down on other women who are divorced? In other countries, who cares if you are divorced or married? who cares if you get pregnant one month or one year after marriage? The kind of pressure put on women here is unbelievable! But what irks me to no end is how these hoity toity pompous women treat women who are divorced as if they are going straight to hell or like they are lepers!
I know the Bible frowns upon divorce but the Bible also frowns upon hundreds of things that we are all guilty of committing! As far as I'm concerned, any woman who is bold enough to walk out of an abusive relationship or marriage deserves an award in Nigeria not condemnation!
Then there is the other pressure put on women who are yet to get pregnant after marriage, the way they start getting evil and strange snickering looks from the "fertile" peers barely 6 months into their marriage is absolutely sickening. Not only are they getting pressure from their family (in-laws) but when their neighbors, church women etc start making subtle references as to the state of their flat tummy leaves me to wonder why?

Happy new year to you too Psalm dearie!

@ Topic . . .

There's no denying the fact that Nigerians are judgmental people, but I guess you already knew that. That's why you need to IGNORE them all and live your life the way you want to.

It's not easy, but you can do it.

I've had friends rise from being divorced and get married again . . . Yes, they were looked down on but tit dint stop them from living their lives.

If you want to live in Nigeria, you need to develop a thick skin! kiss

1 Like

Re: Divorced Women In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:18am On Jan 08, 2014
@ Others . . .

Please let's not get into this NIN Vs NID debate . . . it's totally boooooooooring!

*rollz eyez*

1 Like

Re: Divorced Women In Nigeria by pickabeau1: 11:36am On Jan 08, 2014
yum.. have u tried bbq guinea fowl

however your ceaseless attack on everything naija is baffling

If you have 'escaped'.. you should leave those behind to continue with their lives... tongue

Anyway.. lets focus back on the thread..

Everything that should be said has been said.. ps23.. live your life and be fulfilled therein.. this same life has no duplicate...

Chillisauce:

Re: Divorced Women In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jan 08, 2014
Ujujoan: @ Others . . .
Please let's not get into this NIN Vs NID debate . . . it's totally boooooooooring!
*rollz eyez*

Actually lets start it cos that rant up there was so uncalled for...was it not the same reason why I started a thread about NIN's being unnecessarily jealous of the NID's? Read Ypepe's post and tell me it's not filled with so much bitterness and hate...How many NID's go ahead criticising a good marriage? how many times have we made fun of people's marriage? if she is so jealous and needs to leave the shores ofNigeria let her say so and be done with it.

The problem NID's have with nigeria is the lack of good government, the government has refused to favour it's citizens, so why blame citizens that choose to stay where they are well represented and cared for?

Just a few days ago I had a chat to a friend of mine in Nigeria who is unable to afford hospital bills and that made me weep, why should I go back to a country with poor health care system when all I have to do here is go to the hospital spend as many days as I like and come out without paying a dime? why should I go back to Nigeria and settle when ASUU just recently called off a 6 month strike?

The above problems are what we in diaspora are complaining about not some nonsense about married couples in the west. I read stories like Subzidi who is a Nigerian married to a nigerian and living in Nigeria and I admire and respect her marriage. I have sisters who choose to live in Nigeria and are happily married there...IF I and my beloved immediate family refuse to live in Nigeria or come celebrate our marriage in Nigeria, why would another woman born of a woman come in here and chat shyt angry That post of Ypepe reeks of jealousy and hate and hypocrisy and envy and and....freaking damnation angry and this is coming from someone who preaches peace on this section? I am so fvking disappointed angry hypocrisy I say bloody hypocrisy

6 Likes

Re: Divorced Women In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jan 08, 2014
Pslm23

How are you coping? just because you are a Nigerian born American living in Nigeria fater your divorce, some people think it's okay to come here and say whatever comes out of their orifice angry This is exactly what people did to debrief and we fought against, this is the same way they tried to bully her just because she was divorced and guess what? she was living in Nigeria. unbelievable

1 Like

Re: Divorced Women In Nigeria by pickabeau1: 1:15pm On Jan 08, 2014
Seems the euphoria of the new year is wearing out ....
Re: Divorced Women In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jan 08, 2014
pickabeau1: yum.. have u tried bbq guinea fowl

however your ceaseless attack on everything naija is baffling

If you have 'escaped'.. you should leave those behind to continue with their lives... tongue

Anyway.. lets focus back on the thread..

Everything that should be said has been said.. ps23.. live your life and be fulfilled therein.. this same life has no duplicate...

Escaped? Some ppl really do need brain transplant

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man, Wife, 5 Children Roasted In Midnight Mystery Fire In Gboko, Benue / My Husband's Attitude Will Make Me Kill Him One Day / When Did You Know You Were Loved At Home?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.