Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,576 members, 7,823,505 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? - Culture (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? (65616 Views)

Why Do Some Nigerians Abroad Have Superiority Complex Over Those At Home? / How Did Nigerians React To Colonial Masters During Colonial Era / Why Do Nigerians Get Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by otr1(m): 10:11pm On Mar 15, 2015
ireneony:
do I look like a south African to you.
better get your history book checked..
I know u very well, you troll different website/media looking for a Fulani wifegrin
troll!
grin
Are they that hard to find?
Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by iamord(m): 10:11pm On Mar 15, 2015
all4naija:
Only in your dream you think Nigerians would self-service to Ghanaian monsters. You are deluded though!
lol. A victim talking. I understand!

1 Like

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by Truckpusher(m): 10:11pm On Mar 15, 2015
bettercreature:
Truskpusher! Pls can you help us to push GEJ to OTUOKE come May 29th? because i noticed the only corrupt politician you could remember is Buhari even though you were not alive during his government,sorry OP am off topic,i just have to tell you Nigerian are RACIST and that the fact
I will be the last man that would vote in an old dying man who has lost touch with this generation and surrounded by bunch of thieves yelling 'change' even as their dirty hands are still stuck in our national treasury.

GEJ TILL OR NOTHING.

3 Likes

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by Feraz(m): 10:13pm On Mar 15, 2015
Funny thread though. . .

Iamord, how do you suggest we stop calling that bag the name it has been tagged given that it is widespread already?

1 Like

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by V0lv0(f): 10:13pm On Mar 15, 2015
iamord:
grin did I hear a shout of freedom!!!! grin
lol honestly am getting to old for this nonsense. I will soon be going on a permanent sabbatical but would like to keep in touch with you guys smiley
Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by ireneony(f): 10:13pm On Mar 15, 2015
otr1:

grin
Are they that hard to find?
who is this oneundecided

2 Likes

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by iamord(m): 10:13pm On Mar 15, 2015
ireneony:
civilised indeedgrin
all you guys knows is to eat your smell banku nd keke.
how do u guys cope, cos u all cant cook a descent meal.
those meals you all are eating today, came about when there was hardship in ghana. even after the hardship, you ghanaians got so addicted to the smelly forsaking delicacygrin
grin see what the smelly food did.. graphic.com.gh/news/general-news/38918-ghanaian-dishes-ranked-6th-best-worldwide-study.html

3 Likes

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Mar 15, 2015
Get some sense! Ghana must go is a non-living thing! Calling a person Nigga/Chinko/Monkey are racial slurs, you are talking to a human being. Now when I go to the market and tell the seller, please give me two ghana must go bags, what exactly is wrong with that? It is a slang for a non-living thing...

Ghanaians flooded Nigerians and were taking local jobs, so the Government ordered them to leave - period! They were not killed or beaten. Ghanaians were just asked to leave.

If Igbo traders flood Ghanaian markets and your Government asks them to leave, I give you the authority to call a bag - Nigeria must go or Igbo must go!

JiggamanGh:

While is not illegal to say the word nigga non blacks get political backlash for using the word. So yes a new name can be implemented for the bag starting with your government calling it by a different name.

1 Like

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by Truckpusher(m): 10:18pm On Mar 15, 2015
Bawss1:

I have never been on any other African forum apart from this one so can't say if this sense of superiority is widespread. However judging from this forum and several local newspaper readers comments the number of Nigerians who talk down on other Africans appear to be in the majority. Even on this thread which is several pages long one sees this " complex", what prompts these people to think that all other Africans cower at their feet?
You can't just generalize after reading few comments from local newspapers and Nairaland.

What percentage of the entire population actually put up comments on social media? You're the one trying to tag Nigerians this way and it's totally unfair.Can't you see that you're beginning to sound like a Nigerian hater?

2 Likes

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by JiggamanGh: 10:20pm On Mar 15, 2015
teeowl:
Get some sense! Ghana must go is a non-living thing! Calling a person Nigga/Chinko/Monkey are racial slurs, you are talking to a human being. Now when I go to the market and tell the seller, please give me two ghana must go bags, what exactly is wrong with that? It is a slang for a non-living thing...

Ghanaians flooded Nigerians and were taking local jobs, so the Government ordered them to leave - period! They were not killed or beaten. Ghanaians were just asked to leave.

If Igbo traders flood Ghanaian markets and your Government asks them to leave, I give you the authority to call a bag - Nigeria must go or Igbo must go!

If you still don't understand how insensitive the name is then there's no point of arguing with you.

Just count your blessing that majority of Ghanaians don't know about the negative behind the bag.

If we refer to nigerians as fraudsters and 419 people I bet you will be so happy about it.

3 Likes

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by iamord(m): 10:20pm On Mar 15, 2015
chrisviral:

My original surname is "Oleh" but in yoruba it means thief.. what do you suggest, I tell entire yoruba race to stop using that word right?
When I hear them call "Oleh" since it means a different thing to them, I simply ignore, the phrase means a different thing here, Brother learn to ignore
if u are cool with the name fine. I can't beat you to remove it. But this is the case that you are calling another person. And he does not like it. The wise thing to do is to STOP It!!

2 Likes

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by iamord(m): 10:22pm On Mar 15, 2015
V0lv0:
My apologises. I should not have generalised a whole tribe even though I know personally you have been amongst those that cause trouble but I know that it was very wrong of me to generalise cos I actually do know some wonderful igbo people. Even if all I met was bad I have not met the whole population so really from the bottom of my heart I sincerely apologise. Peace
smiley not surprised. V0lv0 is a beautiful. matured and we'll mannered Ghanaian chic

4 Likes

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by RaeMystix: 10:22pm On Mar 15, 2015
iamord:
if u are cool with the name fine. I can't beat you to remove it. But this is the case that you are calling another person. And he does not like it. The wise thing to do is to STOP It!!

Enough!...You've been on this topic all day.....Common.You can't change their views no matter how much you state your facts....This topic has always been and will always be a non resolved issue.
Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by chrisviral(m): 10:23pm On Mar 15, 2015
Fulaman198:

Loll who doesn't like women

Kenny Brandmuse doesn't grin cheesy
Should I continue?
Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by trotsky2: 10:24pm On Mar 15, 2015
May Allah curse the christians and the jews cos they are the cause of all the problems in the world and especially this country angry
Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by JiggamanGh: 10:24pm On Mar 15, 2015
ireneony:
civilised indeedgrin
all you guys knows is to eat your smell banku nd keke.
how do u guys cope, cos u all cant cook a descent meal.
those meals you all are eating today, came about when there was hardship in ghana. even after the hardship, you ghanaians got so addicted to the smelly forsaking delicacygrin

Okay I am fed up with your mouth. And you call the shit that yall eat food. Please fool you don't even know the difference between soup and stew. Mother forker thinks she can cook. All the shit yall eat are green. You even call the eba food. Eba and your pounded yam is what dogs eat in Ghana.

1 Like

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Mar 15, 2015
iamord:
of course why should we. Is immature and absurd. It then makes me wonder why Nigeria sees nothing absurd in theirs
lol.. I like Ghanaians. They are cool indeed. This ish happened long ago, why are Ghanaians still ranting about it? They should forget about it already. BTW Nigerians love Ghanaians.. we don't mean anything with the Ghana must go bag. Its not just easy changing the name of a bag that has been in existence for decades.
Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Mar 15, 2015
It is you that does not get it! Ghana has bigger problems than Nigerians call a bag - > Ghana must go! The name Ghana must go is mostly used by Nigerians living in Nigeria.

Calling Nigerians fraudster or 419 is attacking Nigerians. If your Government decides to send Nigerians living in Ghana packing, no problem, there are over 50 African countries that they can go to.

JiggamanGh:

If you still don't understand how insensitive the name is then there's no point of arguing with you.

Just count your blessing that majority of Ghanaians don't know about the negative behind the bag.

If we refer to nigerians as fraudsters and 419 people I bet you will be so happy about it.
Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by chrisviral(m): 10:25pm On Mar 15, 2015
iamord:

I am not calling another person, im actually calling a bag but the person keeps thinking im calling him.

The best to do, is change the name of your country! grin
Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by Fulaman198(m): 10:26pm On Mar 15, 2015
chrisviral:

Kenny Brandmuse doesn't grin cheesy
Should I continue?

Please don't loll
Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Mar 15, 2015
That is exactly what I am trying to tell Mr Jiggaman... it is a harmless name. It does not mean we hate Ghanaians... far from it!

Rennee:

lol.. I like Ghanaians. They are cool indeed. This ish happened long ago, why are Ghanaians still ranting about it? BTW they should forget about it already. Nigerians love Ghanaians.. we don't mean anything with the Ghana must go bag. Its not just easy changing the name of a bag that has been in existence for decades.
Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by iamord(m): 10:27pm On Mar 15, 2015
Headlamp1:

*Know
*small
*decent
*forsaken

Chai, English no be ur way atall. I guarantee you no fit ever sabi type/speak correct English in your life grin

English language don suffer! grin grin grin
Bro! It's not good ooo!!! You just shattered my ribs grin
Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Mar 15, 2015
This might sound crazy but it was my first time here hearing about Ghana must go I had to Google it. I think it's safe for me to say that most Ghanaians don't know about Ghana must go or even care about that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by lastpage: 10:28pm On Mar 15, 2015
sonzo666:

Really?So why are Indians and lebaneses behaving in Nigeria as if they own the land?Why are Nigerians being beaten up to death in india yet your politicians and celebrities go die in india hospitals?Is that your definition of superiority complex?

That is "irresponsible leadership" by the Nigerian Govt! ...And its a recent thingy though.

The "Nigerian"... is not necessarily synonymous with the "Nigerian Govt".

..And you guys abusing yourself, STOP it!

Focus on the topic, adduce reasons and counter such, in a polite manner.

Lastpage!
Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Mar 15, 2015
Go and join boko haram or isis... and blow up yourself and get your 72 virgins.

trotsky2:
May Allah curse the christians and the jews cos they are the cause of all the problems in the world and especially this country angry

2 Likes

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by V0lv0(f): 10:29pm On Mar 15, 2015
iamord:
smiley not surprised. V0lv0 is a beautiful. matured and we'll mannered Ghanaian chic
Thanks sweety

1 Like

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by iamord(m): 10:30pm On Mar 15, 2015
chrisviral:

Haba brother, me and you just dey go back and forth naa grin cheesy
Oya I will warn my siblings to stop calling it that.

Okay eyaf do
Na so na
Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by JiggamanGh: 10:31pm On Mar 15, 2015
teeowl:
It is you that does not get it! Ghana has bigger problems than Nigerians call a bag - > Ghana must go! The name Ghana must go is mostly used by Nigerians living in Nigeria.

Calling Nigerians fraudster or 419 is attacking Nigerians. If your Government decides to send Nigerians living in Ghana packing, no problem, there are over 50 African countries that they can go to.

Like I said we are too civilized for that. After all Ghana was the first to deport nigerians we hve learned our lesson from it. We don't know what tomorrow might bring.

Like I said continue calling the bag ghana must go. After all most Ghanaians don't even know about it. It is on nairaland I got to know about it.

You even name the time when the event took place ghana must go era. Who r you fooling.

3 Likes

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by lezz(m): 10:32pm On Mar 15, 2015
Lala247:

And largest economy in africa too lol number1 just adding to dat beautiful list
REASONS WHY NIGERIANS HAVE THE SUPERIOR COMPLEX AND ARE DARN ARROGANT.

Barely 55 years great Britain packed up and left. There were practically 0 infrastructure and institutions left. Any rail track or road great Britain built were solely for the purpose of ferrying our resources and raw materials away.

By 1960, we started the journey to self realization and after just 55 years in our young journey of existence we have become by our sweat and blood

1: The biggest economy in mother Africa.

2: Have lunched 3 satellites in space

3: Have the highest concentration of billionaires and millionaires in Africa.

4: We are home to Africa music headquarters

5 Nollywood is now no. 2 in the world

6: We are African entertainment headquarters

7: We are now in MINT countries

8: Nigeria produced the richest Blackman on earth

9: Dongote group of company is now in 15 African countries.

10: Nigeria funds and runs Ecowas/Ecomog 70%

11: We are the first and only country to pioneer the fully digitized, security , social identity card.

12. We have Africa's richest woman

13: Africa's richest blogger

14: highest gsm subscribers in Africa (130 million)

15 highest internet penetration in Africa

16: One of the biggest direct foreign investment hub in Africa.

17: 1 of every 5 African is a Nigerian.

18. We are the spiritual headquarters of Africa.

19 : most populous black country in the world.

20: Wole Soyinka and Chinua Achebe are Nigerians

21: Nigeria has one of the biggest natural gas reserves in the world and crude oil

22: As African power, We brought peace and stability to Liberia, Sierra-Leon, Togo, Sao Tome and Principe etc

When we look at D banj, P Square, Davido, Wizkid, ASA, Nneka, Timaya, etc all these names are house hold name in many, many African countries......

If we don't get arrogant and noisy, it just might explode silently inside our calm facade of a conventional pretentious gentility of hypocrisy.

We still have infrastructural and tribal huddled to climb, and we are in the process.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by iamord(m): 10:33pm On Mar 15, 2015
Lala247:

Wasnt beefing tho undecided

Ok wteva dont knw wt ur on about to b honest
lol. You don't know. Cos you don't understand my type of person smiley
Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by ireneony(f): 10:34pm On Mar 15, 2015
JiggamanGh:

Okay I am fed up with your mouth. And you call the shit that yall eat food. Please fool you don't even know the difference between soup and stew. Mother forker thinks she can cook. All the shit yall eat are green. You even call the eba food. Eba and your pounded yam is what dogs eat in Ghana.
why don't you call petrodollar to help you outundecided
I.diot!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by lozanni(m): 10:34pm On Mar 15, 2015
SemuhleB:
The amusing part of this all is all the countries you love to hate and insult you will find Nigerians in abundance. Why is the giant of Africa in these rubbish countries as you put it?

Well, thats a good question. Sometimes, you might be destined to make your fortune in a different country. If you dont move out, how do you make it then?
Look at the Lebanese,Indians and Jews; they are not doing badly at home, yet in almost every country you visit, you will find them engaged in robust businesses.
On a lighter note, if most South-African ladies look like you, I trust my hardworking and hardplaying Nigerian brothers, they will want to see and experience things for themselves. Lolz.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (21) (Reply)

What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People / Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne / Alaafin Of Oyo, Adeyemi At Gabriel Igbinedion 85th Birthday (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.