Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,101 members, 7,821,803 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? (65589 Views)

Why Do Some Nigerians Abroad Have Superiority Complex Over Those At Home? / How Did Nigerians React To Colonial Masters During Colonial Era / Why Do Nigerians Get Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by CR77(f): 4:43pm On Mar 15, 2015
grin grin shocked shocked cool
Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by odeku457(m): 4:45pm On Mar 15, 2015
Its ABI NI BI !

Its US!

1 Like

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Mar 15, 2015
Vessi:
Who gives a f ock if you are disappointed? undecided

Teenagers like u smiley))))
Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Mar 15, 2015
cheesy.
There is something about being a Nigerian.It can't be described, we don't understand why we are so distinguished until a foreigner starts feeling insecure about us. cheesy.

9 Likes

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Mar 15, 2015
odeku457:
Its ABI NI BI !

Its US!

Yep! Can explain it, it is just what it is.
Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Mar 15, 2015
onila:
U act like Nigerians are the only arrogant ones

I have been discriminated for just being Nigerian without pple knowing who i really am

I remember when I and my kenyan friend were discussing with one Cameroonian B1tch, the cameroonian girl said a Naija slang and I was like u Naija girl playfully. .And she was like pls, pls am not Nigeria in disgust! that was rude

Ghanaians also think they are the most well mannered pple on earth especially the women. .every little thing upsets them

Africans in general are very proud!

Too much id say. Ego is bigger than ever

1 Like

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by Takim107(f): 4:49pm On Mar 15, 2015
I got mine from my mum...happy mothering Sunday sugarlicious mum

2 Likes

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by anwo247: 4:49pm On Mar 15, 2015
CAMNEWTON4PRES:
so feeling superior to other Africans, pulling them down and rubbishing their countries are giving you an edge in America? Wow interesting

Not like pulling them down but just like saying Nigeria is superior to them, which is you know what? TRUE!

2 Likes

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by Gariki: 4:50pm On Mar 15, 2015
Hu https://www.nairaland.com/2177653/import-export-market-bigest-africa

This could be a very good investment u ever meet 3 members remaining out of 20 we needed
Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by iconize(m): 4:51pm On Mar 15, 2015
onila:

foreigners have money, so we try to emulate them and copy their ways thats all, without neglecting and forgetting our culture

who ignore rich foreigners and pay respect to the poor lipsrsealed
Poor vacuous virgin.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by onila(f): 4:52pm On Mar 15, 2015
gofyourself:

Too much id say. Ego is bigger than ever
who is this cute white girl here smiley
Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by Cutehector(m): 4:53pm On Mar 15, 2015
onila:
tongue having too much money aint bad

its sweet

going to Dubai soon!

dont worry I go send small to yr side grin
wash.

1 Like

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by nwadiuko1(m): 4:53pm On Mar 15, 2015
CAMNEWTON4PRES:
so feeling superior to other Africans, pulling them down and rubbishing their countries are giving you an edge in America? Wow interesting
feeling superior is a thing of the mind bro......its all about self confidence

1 Like

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by iconize(m): 4:53pm On Mar 15, 2015
Fulaman198:

Inferiority complex, Nigerians really need to stop kissing up to westerners.
And probably start kissing to the Arabs?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by iamord(m): 4:54pm On Mar 15, 2015
onila:
NIGERIA IS THE BOMB! THE SHI-T!

WE HAVE TOO MUCH MONEY! cool

The only thing that spoil the country small is tribalism

other African countries are poor and just poor! deal with it!
that's where u get it wrong. Money does not mean u have sense.. Being too full of it has gotten a lot of Nigerians in trouble.. BTW.. Every African country is rich. Just poor thinkers

7 Likes

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by TheFilmmaker: 4:55pm On Mar 15, 2015
CAMNEWTON4PRES:
This is not a rant, but they are fond of sentences like ,'ordinary Kenya, 'Cameroon of all countries', 'monkey' when referring to their neighbors? Etc .'

Well coming from the most populous African-black country on earth, I'm very disappointed. Thank u

It's not superiority complex, its racism, man!

Don't give black another name. Black is black.

Blacks are the most racist fuckers on earth and yet the first to cry foul when they are persecuted.

Crazy people.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by Ekaka1(m): 4:55pm On Mar 15, 2015
CAMNEWTON4PRES:
Please go chat somewhere else and stop derailing my thread

Eedio.t you put up a sick thread and you expect people to behave....you go see shege today

1 Like

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by laplace12(m): 4:55pm On Mar 15, 2015
Arrogance and pride is a gift the Igbo nation gave to Nigeria, along with hard work and self-confidence.

We also inherited loudness and extravagance from the youruba nation.

Op did I answer your question?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by Babalegba(m): 4:56pm On Mar 15, 2015
CAMNEWTON4PRES:
This is not a rant, but they are fond of sentences like ,'ordinary Kenya, 'Cameroon of all countries', 'monkey' when referring to their neighbors? Etc .'

Well coming from the most populous African-black country on earth, I'm very disappointed. Thank u
. Empty barrels usually make the loudest noise.

4 Likes

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by cooljoe(m): 4:56pm On Mar 15, 2015
We myte have al d leadership problems d world has to offer, al d corruption practices nd malpractices, bt d 1 tin natin can take away is our innate pride born wit us. Jst lyk wen d lion says "no matter d economy of d jungle e no fit chop grass, ts nt pride ts jst who he is", dats hw t is, ts nt pride, ts jst who we r... Mia san mia

4 Likes

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by iamord(m): 4:57pm On Mar 15, 2015
EggovinMma:
cheesy.
There is something about being a Nigerian.It can't be described, we don't understand why we are so distinguished until a foreigner starts feeling insecure about us. cheesy.
exactly. Nigerians are industrious and go getters. Only if it will be channeled positively. You will see less of the insecurity

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by mightycrown1(m): 4:57pm On Mar 15, 2015
[size=18pt] COMMENT RESERVED [/size]
Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by iamord(m): 5:00pm On Mar 15, 2015
TheFilmmaker:

It's not superiority complex, its racism, man!

Don't give black another name. Black is black.

Blacks are the most racist fuckers on earth and yet the first to cry foul when they are persecuted.

Crazy people.
word!

1 Like

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by Truckpusher(m): 5:00pm On Mar 15, 2015
Who cares ,I'm a Nigerian, a backward country when it comes to infrastructure but when it comes to human capacity .......even the best civilized people think we are just in our own world where they dare not walk even with their impeccable record.

Proudly Nigerian even with our too many dumb leaders with Buhari being number one on the list. angry

I'll die a Nigerian even in the next world there is something about this country that makes me proud even when there isn't much to be proud of .

Proudly Port Harcourt boy
Proudly Nigerian to my bones .....haters can hate me wherever they see me but I'm Nigerian for life.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Mar 15, 2015
Different strokes for different folks.
Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by Mishydoo(m): 5:04pm On Mar 15, 2015
[size=16pt]From The gods grin[/size]
Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by Nickymezor(f): 5:05pm On Mar 15, 2015
It has bin in our DNA since tym immemorial smiley

1 Like

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by samdigo(m): 5:05pm On Mar 15, 2015
Colonialism.. Direct vs indirect rule. I would argue that those countries under the British(indirect rule) retained most of their pride/culture and identity. Those under the french(direct rule) tend to be less dominant in terms of personality

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by iamord(m): 5:06pm On Mar 15, 2015
samdigo:
Colonialism.. Direct vs indirect rule. I would argue that those countries under the British(indirect rule) retained most of their pride/culture and identity. Those under the french(direct rule) tend to be less dominant in terms of personality
another point. But another topic for another day.

3 Likes

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by Hemanwel(m): 5:08pm On Mar 15, 2015
A thread of Jan 2014 just making front page...Interesting.
@Topic: OP,the issue is that,an average Nigerian basically believes that we are far ahead of any other African country: in reasoning; smartness; in human and natural resources, in wealth (economy-wise),etc.We believe our level of civilization is beyond the african continent.Therefore,they have nothing to learn from other African countries ; they have no reason to compete with other African countries...
My opinion

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People / Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne / Alaafin Of Oyo, Adeyemi At Gabriel Igbinedion 85th Birthday (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.