Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,114 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

Why Do Boys Grab My Arms Whenever I Go To The Market - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Boys Grab My Arms Whenever I Go To The Market (1906 Views)

RE: What Do Boys Gain In A Relationship Without Sex? / Reply To What Do Boys Gain In A Relationship Without Sex? / What Do Boys Gain In A Relationship Without Sex? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Boys Grab My Arms Whenever I Go To The Market by obongyi: 12:01am On Aug 24, 2008
Why do they call me and grab my arms
Re: Why Do Boys Grab My Arms Whenever I Go To The Market by Gamine(f): 12:12am On Aug 24, 2008
Re: Why Do Boys Grab My Arms Whenever I Go To The Market by Nobody: 12:54am On Aug 24, 2008
. . . because you have a vagina like every other girl, nothing new.
Re: Why Do Boys Grab My Arms Whenever I Go To The Market by Nobody: 1:18am On Aug 24, 2008
hiss. undecided
Re: Why Do Boys Grab My Arms Whenever I Go To The Market by topup: 1:22am On Aug 24, 2008
Because their livlihood depends on how many sales they make that day!
Re: Why Do Boys Grab My Arms Whenever I Go To The Market by TOYOSI20(f): 1:24am On Aug 24, 2008
obongyi:

. . . . . .Careful they just might be tryin' to get u pregnant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tongue
Re: Why Do Boys Grab My Arms Whenever I Go To The Market by Hannibal: 1:25am On Aug 24, 2008
stillwater:

. . . because you have a vagina like every other girl, nothing new.

I disagree.
Arm pulling is market strategy. . . . .they do that to get ur attention.
It's nuthing to do with coochie or whatchumacallit.
Guys have their arms pulled too. . . . .Have they got coochies? undecided
Re: Why Do Boys Grab My Arms Whenever I Go To The Market by bigboyslim(m): 1:28am On Aug 24, 2008
obongyi:

Don't feel special. They grab mine too. Its called aggressive marketing.
Re: Why Do Boys Grab My Arms Whenever I Go To The Market by Nobody: 1:29am On Aug 24, 2008
Hannibal:

I disagree.
Arm pulling is market strategy. . . . .they do that to get your attention.
It's nuthing to do with coochie or whatchumacallit.
Guys have their arms pulled too. . . . .Have they got coochies? undecided

Someday try this-- put on make up, wear a skirt and go to markets like Tejuosho in Naija.  tongue You'll understand what I'm talking about.
Re: Why Do Boys Grab My Arms Whenever I Go To The Market by debosky(m): 1:31am On Aug 24, 2008
so they even grab tomboys like stilly?? shocked grin

tejuosho boys have become desperate! grin grin
Re: Why Do Boys Grab My Arms Whenever I Go To The Market by Nobody: 1:32am On Aug 24, 2008
debosky:

so they even grab tomboys like stilly?? shocked grin

tejuosho boys have become desperate! grin grin

Meee? tomboy? You must be kidding grin
Re: Why Do Boys Grab My Arms Whenever I Go To The Market by Hannibal: 1:33am On Aug 24, 2008
stillwater:

Someday try this-- put on make up, wear a skirt and go to markets like Tejuosho in Naija.  tongue You'll understand what I'm talking about.

I ain't a cross dresser so i won't be doing that.
Besides, i have had ma arms pulled by em boys too to come buy pirated CDs. . . . .It's nuthing special.
It's a market strategy. . . . . .although i agree they should be more willing to hold onto a female body than male.
Blood flow in 'em bodies not SQUADRON. grin
Re: Why Do Boys Grab My Arms Whenever I Go To The Market by Nobody: 1:38am On Aug 24, 2008
Hannibal:

I ain't a cross dresser so i won't be doing that.
Besides, i have had ma arms pulled by em boys too to come buy pirated CDs. . . . .It's nuthing special.
It's a market strategy. . . . . .although i agree they should be more willing to hold onto a female body than male.
Blood flow in 'em bodies not SQUADRON. grin

You can't call being manhandled, embrassed against your own will and dragged like a rag doll as market strategy, that's sexual harrassment.
Re: Why Do Boys Grab My Arms Whenever I Go To The Market by Hannibal: 1:44am On Aug 24, 2008
stillwater:

You can't call being manhandled, embrassed against your own will and dragged like a rag doll as market strategy, that's sexual harrassment.

Sexual harrassment in Lagos?? Are u shitting moi??
When did arm pulling equates to sexual contact??
Stilly. . . . . .fess up, what else did these hoodlums touch on your body? tongue
Re: Why Do Boys Grab My Arms Whenever I Go To The Market by Nobody: 1:54am On Aug 24, 2008
Hannibal:

Sexual harrassment in Lagos?? Are u shitting moi??
When did arm pulling equates to sexual contact??

I told you it wasn't only arm pulling. Those idiots touch you indiscriminately. A lot of them ought to be in jail by now. I'm very serious here.
Re: Why Do Boys Grab My Arms Whenever I Go To The Market by onyinye2(f): 2:08am On Aug 24, 2008
@post
Get used to it because you are going to go through that for a little while longer. I have been experiencing that since i was a freshman in high school. When i went to the movies, grab me by the arms and tried to spit game. When i went to New York and went on the subway, guys was doing that stuff. No i don't even let it faze me cause aint giving any of them a time of day so just shrug it off and keep doing you.
Re: Why Do Boys Grab My Arms Whenever I Go To The Market by Hannibal: 2:10am On Aug 24, 2008

I told you it wasn't only arm pulling. Those idiots touch you indiscriminately. A lot of them ought to be in jail by now. I'm very serious here.

It will be difficult to enforce any law against arm pulling.
Trust me, some gurls love to be touched indiscriminately. wink wink
Re: Why Do Boys Grab My Arms Whenever I Go To The Market by onyinye2(f): 2:13am On Aug 24, 2008
stillwater:

Well. . . . . she has a point there. I remember visiting Naija market the first time and it was my last. . .
Re: Why Do Boys Grab My Arms Whenever I Go To The Market by Nobody: 2:20am On Aug 24, 2008
Hannibal:

It will be difficult to enforce any law against arm pulling.
Trust me, some girls love to be touched indiscriminately. wink wink

Not when it's from some sweaty he goat you don't know from Adam.
Re: Why Do Boys Grab My Arms Whenever I Go To The Market by Hannibal: 2:24am On Aug 24, 2008
stillwater:

Not when it's some sweaty he goat you don't know from Adam.

This is not nice. . . . . .I cannot let u diss a Naija bruvva that way.
35 degrees centigrade in a humid environment. . . . .what do u expect?
Aiiight, i will tell em go get good deodorants. tongue
Re: Why Do Boys Grab My Arms Whenever I Go To The Market by Nobody: 2:29am On Aug 24, 2008
How about telling them to keep their hands in their pockets? tongue
Re: Why Do Boys Grab My Arms Whenever I Go To The Market by Queenisha: 2:29am On Aug 24, 2008
Thank your God they only grab your arms.
I've had those touts touch my waist,not once.
Re: Why Do Boys Grab My Arms Whenever I Go To The Market by Queenisha: 2:31am On Aug 24, 2008
The grabbing is even nothing compared to the vulgar things they'll be telling you.
I remember as a teenager when this stupid trader told me in Igbo
Nna m duru this girl ga na bed,mu emesie y'ike

meaning

Nnaa if I take this one to my bed, I go show am pepper.

and I was just about 15 or so, that man traumatized me
Re: Why Do Boys Grab My Arms Whenever I Go To The Market by Nobody: 2:31am On Aug 24, 2008
Queenisha:

Thank you ooo, before they say I am hallucinating. wink
Re: Why Do Boys Grab My Arms Whenever I Go To The Market by Hannibal: 2:34am On Aug 24, 2008
stillwater:

How about telling them to keep their hands in their pockets? tongue

Hands in their pockets = Low sales. cool

Queenisha:

Touching ur waist?? Don't fret. . . . .they only want ur attention.
Naija women are known to possess short attention span. grin

stillwater:

Thank you ooo, before they say I am hallucinating. wink

Hallucinating?? Not likely.
Exaggeration. . . .Maybe.
Re: Why Do Boys Grab My Arms Whenever I Go To The Market by Queenisha: 2:38am On Aug 24, 2008
Hannibal:

Touching your waist?? Don't fret. . . . .they only want your attention.
Naija women are known to possess short attention span. grin

more like an assault.
why should a stranger grab someone in the market.
Am I blind?
if I want what they're selling must I be fondled before I can see it?
Re: Why Do Boys Grab My Arms Whenever I Go To The Market by Nobody: 2:38am On Aug 24, 2008
Hannibal:

Hallucinating?? Not likely.
Exaggeration. . . .Maybe.

Is this exaggeration? undecided angry angry

Queenisha:

The grabbing is even nothing compared to the vulgar things they'll be telling you.
I remember as a teenager when this stupid trader told me in Igbo
Nna m duru this girl ga na bed,mu emesie y'ike

meaning

Nnaa if I take this one to my bed, I go show am pepper.

and I was just about 15 or so, that man traumatized me
Re: Why Do Boys Grab My Arms Whenever I Go To The Market by Hannibal: 2:43am On Aug 24, 2008
Queenisha:

more like an assault.
why should a stranger grab someone in the market.
Am I blind?
if I want what they're selling must I be fondled before I can see it?

Just take em for what they are. . . . .
There's nuthing bad in attentional sexual contact. grin

stillwater:

Is this exaggeration? undecided angry angry

Maybe not!!!
However, loads of men think that about women anyways. . . . Saying it loud and thinking about it is the same THANG.
Queeenisha should be happy men admired her @ 15. It means she's got assets men are willing to go to JAIL for. cheesy
Re: Why Do Boys Grab My Arms Whenever I Go To The Market by Nobody: 2:47am On Aug 24, 2008
Hannibal:

Maybe not!!!
However, loads of men think that about women anyways. . . . Saying it loud and thinking about it is the same THANG.
Queeenisha should be happy men admired her @ 15. It means she's got assets men are willing to go to JAIL for. cheesy

NOT!!!!!!!!! Naija men would whistle and throw catcalls at even a pencil. cheesy
Re: Why Do Boys Grab My Arms Whenever I Go To The Market by Hannibal: 2:49am On Aug 24, 2008
stillwater:

NOT!!!!!!!!! Naija men would whistle and throw catcalls at even a pencil. cheesy

I disagree.

Naija men love quality.
When they see wowo babes. . . . . .They voice out without FEAR. wink
Re: Why Do Boys Grab My Arms Whenever I Go To The Market by Queenisha: 2:51am On Aug 24, 2008
Hannibal:

Just take em for what they are. . . . .
There's nuthing bad in attentional sexual contact. grin

Maybe not!!!

I know you're always clowning around wink
but this is serious.
The sexual harassment little girls go through in Nigeria.
Is there any girl here who growing up didn't have grown men especially at construction sites make sexual advances at them.
I remember from way back in elementary school, grown men,perverts making a fist with their left hands and then putting their right index finger through an opening in that fist and sliding it back and forth.
Gosh!
that motion made me cringe
and me and my mouth
I was always quick to rain abuses on them and give them *waka*
Re: Why Do Boys Grab My Arms Whenever I Go To The Market by Queenisha: 2:53am On Aug 24, 2008
God gave me mouth and I'm not afraid to use it

(1) (2) (Reply)

Raped And Rejected ! / Was It Right For Him To Do This To His Girlfriend? / I Need Your Urgent Advice Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.