Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,513 members, 7,812,600 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:57 PM

Is Love An Unconscious Or Conscious Feeling? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Love An Unconscious Or Conscious Feeling? (3151 Views)

I want to love an hausa Girl / How To Love An Igbo Man / Do We Love An Individual Or Their Qualities? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Love An Unconscious Or Conscious Feeling? by bigboyslim(m): 5:59am On Aug 25, 2008
Do we choose to love or love just happens naturally?
Re: Is Love An Unconscious Or Conscious Feeling? by TOYOSI20(f): 6:25am On Aug 25, 2008
Sometimes we do and sometimes there are situations we just don't have control over. . . . i guess
Re: Is Love An Unconscious Or Conscious Feeling? by topup: 6:35am On Aug 25, 2008
I believe it is considered possible to use both options, however the type of love as a result is different. I believe it is much easier to just choose not to love someone you originally chose to love, but it isn't as easy to get rid of the feeling buried with you naturally, because how do you go about finding the root or source, when it happened so naturally? I guess if you are choosing to love someone stubborn or unkind, you can possibly find it as easy to open your eyes to the flaws and choose not to love them anymore, since this was a conscious decision.
Re: Is Love An Unconscious Or Conscious Feeling? by journerman(m): 6:27pm On Aug 25, 2008
you choose to love, but sometimes it happens naturally (true love).
Re: Is Love An Unconscious Or Conscious Feeling? by Tgirl4real(f): 6:37pm On Aug 25, 2008
TOYOSI20:

Sometimes we do and sometimes there are situations we just don't have control over. . . . i guess

I think i agree with you on this. But all in all, love is a choice, a decision we have to make. You still need to decide if you will heed your feelings or not.
Re: Is Love An Unconscious Or Conscious Feeling? by Ola8(m): 6:49pm On Aug 25, 2008
A natural LOVE always occur unconciously while materialistic LOVE is NOT. cos the former is (True 'n' genieune) while the later is fake
Re: Is Love An Unconscious Or Conscious Feeling? by DonEse125(f): 6:57pm On Aug 25, 2008
Yeah right.a natural love is so not an unconscious emotion.Luv aint blind ppl,it can see very clearly.Its not an unconscious emotion;on the contrary its a conscious emotion.the decision to luv or not to luv is a conscious one.Its a logical and concise emotion.dats why u shld luv wit ur head and not ur hrt,because wen ur hrt takes over completely,u`re puttin urself in a very vulnerable situation.so yeah,love is a conscious emotion.
Re: Is Love An Unconscious Or Conscious Feeling? by RichyBlacK(m): 4:26am On Aug 26, 2008
The last poster got it right! Love is a deliberate act, a conscious decision.
Re: Is Love An Unconscious Or Conscious Feeling? by virgie(f): 6:33am On Aug 26, 2008
I dont see love as being an unconscious feeling.

In life we are always armed with choices.

you choose to love or choose not to love. At the end of the day, it is a conscious decision that u make.
Re: Is Love An Unconscious Or Conscious Feeling? by idhigbe(m): 1:40pm On Aug 26, 2008
Love exist in the subconscious, it is not something you do consciously. You just feel it. so is lust and infatuation. There is only one acid test to differentiate between these trio. And That is fond is this very common peotry

Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends, 1 Corinthians 13:4-8

You don't practice it, it comes to you naturally. Its only if you have the mind of Christ.
Re: Is Love An Unconscious Or Conscious Feeling? by ramonacee(f): 4:54pm On Aug 26, 2008
love is a conscious feeling that flows from the depths of the soul.it awaken your senses to see things others will naturally not see in a person you are with.love ordinary can be confused with lust atimes, for instance the 3 lettered word 'SEX'.
But we forget too quickly that a person may love you and not want to have sex with you, and maybe not love you and want to have sex with you.there have been instances where someone may not be able to decipher the real thing they are feeling for a person, thinking its love.
love is very concious thats why it aint blind, it wear googles and is crystal clear!!! wink
but the big question is, does it exist?? if it does,good for the ones who have being hit by cupid's arrow, because i no lipsrsealed
Re: Is Love An Unconscious Or Conscious Feeling? by iice(f): 9:24pm On Aug 26, 2008
A conscious decision.

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Know He/She Wont Cheat On Me Too? / . / What Are Your Thoughts On Virginity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.