Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,106 members, 7,818,302 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North (8245 Views)

Amaechi Is Our Member, The Senate Belongs To APC Not PDP – Ndume / ASARI DOKUBO: Take What Belongs To Me & Rule Me? No! (Must-See) / Boko Haram Spokeman - Nigeria Belongs To ALLAH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by New(m): 4:17pm On Jun 30, 2006
Incisive smiley

Although I still believe in One Nigeria. and an end to tribalism
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by zarah(f): 4:57pm On Jun 30, 2006
Zarah, please stop all that nonsense. You have access to the website now because you live in Lagos, why have you not gone back to your state and live there? I stayed in Yola for 1 yr, you should have seen how desperate those people are to travel to Lagos. I would not blame them, when cellphones only started working in Yola in 2005, health care is non existent, electricity is only on 2hrs a week, you have cows, goats, almajiris, beggars parading the same streets as you, government offices close at 11am and woe betide you if you think you can do any serious work during the ramadan period. To be sincere, that 1 yr exposed me to the lie that Nigeria is, i had never seen lazier people in my life.
[color=#000099][/colour

As a matter of fact i love lagos, the first week i was here in the highbrow area of ikoyi, i woke up in my in-door swimming pool infact me and my bed swam all night. and then it took mechanics the special grace of god to get my new car moving again.

boy do i love lagos! do u know with four folds of traffic on each side i was mobbed in broad day light by area boys and not a soul said sh**t, the brave men all went their way. lagos is the fastest place to learn english o i didn't even know how to write my name wen i got here, but i learnt inside isale-eko where every comon man and trader is educated infact they won't sell their wares to you unless u speak english.

Electricity and transportation is so cheap and regular in lagos. and they lock up all there danfo's, area boys, opc members, and those obscene beggars who open up their smelly wounds (mostly in the crotch), once i want to parade on the street.

The people in lagos are so friendly, so much good air to breath, and the streets so clean. with no traffic at all. i live home at 5 and get to the office at 10, i close at 6 and get home at 11, its so energising.

the people are so hard working, so much so dat they work 365days a year without rest, and build nice houses in creeks and waterways and they are so accomodating, that they will let u live in their houses for small amounts of money while they stay in face me i face you in ajegunle. infact all 12 tenants of the 12 houses on my street are from my village.

And then every time i travel abroad i hang out with my landlords children who live in the uk and america and are so hard working they wash dishes and floors. and do inter-net scams.

oh lagos how can u compare it to abuja? my parents live in maitama where their is never electricity, no access roads, so much traffic, no healthcare structures, nothing! just a house on top of a mountain, with no swimming pool, no garage, no tennis court, unlike my house in ikoyi. why would i ever wanna live lagos? if my office transfer's me i shall resign.
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jun 30, 2006
My dear Zarah, you have said nothing at all! Where were you when Lagos was the glory of Nigeria? Where were you when all your leaders spent half their existence in Lagos? You compare Lagos to Abuja, you forget that the reason Lagos is where it is today is because your same crooked leaders prefered to abandon it and use the oil money generated from Lagos and the Niger Delta to develop that once forest called Abuja!
Without mincing words, as bad as it is Lagos is the commercial nerve center of Nigeria, take it away and your lovely Abuja is nothing but an empty shell. See how your hausa leaders tried to carry every single ministry with them to abuja in the name of it being the "center of the nation". Nonsense! Lagos can stand on its own, Abuja cannot and has to depend on the south to survive. Have you asked yourself were the money to develop Abuja came from? Kano or Abuja? i'm sure you yourself know the truth.

Have you been following the news? Do you know that the reason Lagos has the problem of bar beach flooding is because of your northern buffoons in the senate who unfortunately are in the majority? You forget that Lagos alone as small as it is has to contend with over 15 million Nigerians alone. What of all the federal roads ababndoned by your Abuja-loving folks. You forget that the first independent power project ever initiated in Nigeria in Lagos was frustrated by your northern elite in the senate? Did you forget the statement made by a northern senator that the villager in kebbi is as good an owner of the Lagos bar beach as is the Lagosian.

Yes you want to go to Abuja and live there were all the money squeezed from poor helpless southerners is being wasted. Go live there, we don't care, one day your hypocrisy will be exposed. Even a kid born last week knows the whole country depends on Lagos for without it there would be no Nigeria!
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by zarah(f): 6:22pm On Jun 30, 2006
abuja was once a forest.

lagos was once an ocean!!

wats ur point?
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by zarah(f): 6:31pm On Jun 30, 2006
davidylan

Have you asked yourself were the money to develop Abuja came from? Kano or Abuja? i'm sure you yourself know the truth.

i had no idea abuja and kano were developed.
i thot the reoson am in lagos is becos it's better than say like Yola (using ur example) so if my fellow northerners stole from lagos to develpo the north how come am in lagos? cos it's better!
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jun 30, 2006
zarah:

abuja was once a forest.

lagos was once an ocean!!

wats your point?

I made several points, it's likely you have a problem comprehending simple arguments. Is that all you got from my points? forests and oceans? My dear the main questions are:
1. what built up abuja?
2. Where is the commercial center of Nigeria? Without Lagos would Nigeria be where it is today?
3. What is the population of Lagos compared to abuja? Consider the strain on social services that have been consistently denied Lagos by the northern elite intent on building up the north at the expense of the south.
4. Who are those that frustrated the Lagos IPP and bar beach land reclamation project in the senate due to their "majority"?
5. Without Lagos would the north be where it is today?
6. How much VAT does Lagos generated that is "shared" by all states of the federation?
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jun 30, 2006
The reason Lagos still retains its status as compared to the north and Abuja is that Lagos has an extensive reach to the sea, a thing if possible northerners would have loved to see "zoned" to the landlocked north. Why do you think the north has been vocal about dredging the niger and building inland dry ports in Kano?
No matter how hard they try, you can't unfortunately move the sea from Lagos to Abuja, were it possible there'd be nothing to show Lagos was once the nations capital!
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by DRANOEL(m): 8:50pm On Jun 30, 2006
davidylan are you lost? you talk of oil in lagos,wtf where? lagos now has oil? for your info lagos was developed during Gen. GOWONS OIL BOOM,you talk of education,yorubas are the most raw pips i have ever come across,you talk of access to the net,tell me have you visited saki,fiditi,e.t.c. youy talk of ipp,obasanjo your bros frustrated it,you said without lagos will the north be where it is today? bull crap! you should have said without the niger-delta whose oil abuja and lagos were built. frankly i think you westerners are perpetual losers! why are you talking of southeners? talk of the west! both westeners and core northners have contributed nothing yet gained more! you talk of 12 bn dollars well obasanjo is the largest share holder in transcorp. you talk of toronto,hello tinubu. you talk of oil being discovered in the north,why dont you check on the recent oil blocs that were given out am sure you will find chad basin and benue trough. but what of the west? o yeah ondo the ijaw area. talking about lagos and abuja its funny cause the northeners have managed it well unlike yorubas in lagos.you call the northeners stupid,well i f you are so sharp how come they have rled you for so long. have you ever asked your self why wasnt port harcourt developed like lagos? besides lagos which other western place is good to live? in the north there is abuja, jos,kaduna,lokoja,makurdi,kano e.t.c.the core north and the west are both in the same boat,bloody exploiters and cowards!you talk of banning alchohol and all that vat non-sense,alchohol is consumed most in jos,makurdi,enugu,port-harcout and southern kaduna. Both core north and yorubas are the same dirty scums! you talk of nothing to show lagos was once the former capital.didnt your ignorant ass know that calabar was also once the capital? its best you shut up if you have nothing to say!
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jun 30, 2006
@ DRANOEL

I surely have nothing else to say, you have muddled reality with your emotions. Rather than talk about facts you went on a personality attack which of course does nothing but prove your total lack of intellect.
1. Kaduna, Jos consume more alchohol than Lagos I can't believe even you believed that falsehood. on the back of Lagos population alone,

2. Please, stop using the usual northern trick of trying to lump the north and west together as "exploiters". The west remains the only part of Nigeria that is perfectly capable of surviving without the Niger Delta, the same cannot be said of the north! In case you don't know, Lagos does not require oil to survive, but for bad government policies (of which northern govts are at fault), it's ports are the largest trading hub this side of the African hemisphere. Most of the major oil companies all have there headquarters in Lagos and not the Niger Delta.

3. How did northerners "manage" Lagos very well? We were doing quite fine before Gowon came in, it might interest you to know that the West educated its citizens free before the northern pests swept in. Did you know that NTA was WNTV (Wester Nigerian Television) set up in Ibadan by our leaders. Did you know that the UI Ibadan was once Africa's best university before your Gowon annexed them? Were you aware the west was the world's largest exporters of palm oil before Malaysia took over? What about the West being Africa's cocoa hub? After the north swept into power, everything oour heroes laboured for went into the drain.

4. I understand you, it has been the famous northern ploy to weaken the south by making it a west vs north issue while the north pretends to court the Niger Delta. Don't be decieved, it worked during the civil war, we have all learnt our lessons. There is no south without the west, if the west went today, the igbos and ijaws will not remain with the north!!! I do not agree the north has not contributed anything, they have contributed corruption, nepotism, inefficiency, mediocrity and ruining every single sector of the economy. I do agree though that they have gained MUCH MORE than any part of the nation. Do not include the west, it is the north's pretentious way of looking for allies were there is none. Any southerner will gladly have the west than the north.
In case you did not study your geography well, Lagos, Ogun state and Ondo state are states that lie in the bitumen region. All three states have oil in commercial quantities, of course we are wiser not to tap the oil now because we know the leeches up north are waiting to steal all the money.

5. I agree that besides Lagos there might not be better places to live in the south unlike the north that seems to have "plenty", it is the main reason most southerners are complaining there money has been used to develop the north. Without the south, the North would be no better than Chad and Niger today.

6. There is nothing like "core" north, it is only a ploy by "middle belters" to curry favor among the minority groups in the south. Every tribe in the north remains the same as far as the south is concerned. They only ramp up their "middle belt" status as it suits you all. Do not equate the west with the "core" north of which you are simply in denial if you think you are not a part of. Those in the west know where they stand.

7. Yes Obasanjo is the largest shareholder in transcorp, sadly we in the west did not vote for him. those who put him there from the north know who they are. It will interest you to note that Obasanjo lost the elections in his very ward! I know his house in Abeokuta!!!!

8. Gen Gowon's Oil Boom? Sorry, he was just a lucky 29 yr old who happened to stumble unto the scene when the going was good. He in no way had nothing to do with our "oil boom". If anything, he is the reason most of that money was frittered away rather than used to lay a solid foundation for the country.

9. Education? Yoruba's the most raw pips? It might interest you to note we produced the first set of educated professionals in this country! We produced one of Africa's 2 noble lauretes, the best lawyers and doctors are yorubas. need i say more?

10. Lagos built with oil money? Sorry, Lagos was in existence as Nigeria's capital well before oil was discovered at oloibiri, the same cannot be said of abuja!

11. I have asked myself why portharcourt was not developed like lagos, i know the answer though, the money meant for it was frittered away by the likes of Umaru Dikko, Babangida, Abacha and Shagari!

Please educate yourself first before you call others "ignorant asses".
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by DRANOEL(m): 11:25am On Jul 01, 2006
@davidylan,pity you are only struggling for survival!
1.the alchohol issue,when you talk of such issues you talk of index.if lagos is 15m and 45% of its population consumes, while jos 4m and 82% of its population consumes,who is doing it more? simple stat!

2.why contradict your self? most of the major oil coys have their head quarters in lagos not the niger-delta! no wonder mend wants all of them relocated!. During the so called military era who was running the economy? the yoruba(olu falae & co). lagos does not need oil to survive! let me laugh like taxes from oil coys. try promoting port harcout ports & call me in 5yrs.

3.have youheard of A.B.U, kaduna textile,groundnut pyramids,jos tin,kaduna polytechnic,kano cotton,jos mining corporation? all before oil, i guess you havent

4.there is no south without the west, hmmn like when awolowo was supposed to declare oduduwa republic after ojukwu declared biafra. as the story goes one bitched out. the north running every single sector of the economy. well the north was ruling while the west was running the economy. and what have they contributed? amala,gbegiro,ewedu and amala politics! is bitumen now black oil? hearing it for the first time,the oil in ondo belongs to the ijaws there.

5. why not try saying without the west?

6. there is nothing like core north and middle-belt yet besides ojukwu the only other individual that seperated nigeria was maj.Gideon Orkar from BENUE. have you heard of the tiv riots in1952 way before independence? guess not!

7. its a pity you admit that people you consider less than you put your elders in power,what a shame

8. gowondid nothing with the oil boom other than build landmarks in lagos no wonder he was broke when he left.

9.most of those educated yorubas have foreugn papers not so? sounds like what the hausas do,steal from nig and send their kids abroad. they also the most illitrate nigerians (cant even speak english)

10. calabar and lokoja where also once nigerias capital the difference is they was no oil boom during they period

11. idi amin seizing money some body was trying to steal,transcorp,folawiyo(friend to the military),obasanjo library,missing billions from the revenue account,revival of obasanjo farms,third term bribe scandal,obasanjos nephew(the former defence perm sec),tafa balogun,sunday afolabi,abiolas t&t, i could go on.

you wanna think about really educating your self? start with the papers!
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by Blue2(m): 3:53pm On Jul 01, 2006
I have read the much my patience could afford me of this thread! And I must say couple of people are getting sentimental and have missed the point!
The question or is it claim was that the oil in the niger-Delta belongs to the north. Well as a geologist I know that isn’t true.
First of foremost three things are required for oil to form and then deposit. Which are source rock, Reservoir rock and a good trapping system. Oil has been reported in marginal quantities in what is referred to as the Gongola Basin and Bornu Basin (larger Chad Basin). Yes oil is found in Chad Basin and with the prodding of northern politicians this has intensified exploratory activities in Bornu Basin (which holds the brightest prospects of Hydrocarbon (HC) find in the north). But unfortunately the geological settings are just not right, even if there are evidences that the source rocks in Bornu basin are marginal good, presence of volcanic intrusions means that any oil formed wouldn’t survive (HC can only “survive ” in temperature of btw 65-175 ) and moreso there aren’t any good trapping systems in the Bornu basin so it means again that if HC were formed they’d probably migrate.
Which brings us to the question did the HC in the Niger Delta (ND) form as a result of migration of HC from the north. The answer is a BIG NO, there is no proven pathway between the two basin, they are separated by igneous/metamorphic belts and it’s a well known fact that igneous/metamorphic rocks don’t offer the kind of porosity/permeability to allow for such follow, sedimentary rocks are bets known for this characteristics.

What’s all the argument about whether oil (the devil’s piss) belongs to the north/south, I believe the damn thing has been a curse anyway!
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by diddy4(m): 6:17pm On Jul 01, 2006
@blue2

thanks for the enlightenment. i aint no geologist but i had a lil knowledge of it in high school and dat helped me understand everything you have said.

i hope those that have been arguing here about nothing can come and read your post. there is no way oil can migrate from the not to the Niger-delta.
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by DRANOEL(m): 7:51pm On Jul 01, 2006
i for one never said oil migrated from north to south! i said oil has been found in the chad basin and benue trough and i stand by it. The rest of the things i said were meant to put some people in their right shoes.
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by belloti(m): 4:35pm On Jul 02, 2006
Davidylan or whatever you called yourself. Its obvious you have being habouring your anti-north grudge for a long time. i felt so sorry for you. i wish i can help you reverse the situation.

The fact that we live together in naija is an aberration and a costly luggard mistake. we will never get to like each other. but then thats a cross we all have to carry. For all those who see the north as an unwanted burden, i feel your pain, accept my sympathy.

The oil stays where it is but we in the north felt trapped living together with the grumbling southern nuisance. i d rather starve in the desert if i had the choice.
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by stanech: 9:20pm On Jul 02, 2006
Its a pity that a nigerdeltan can vomit such a stupid word out of his mouth. That goes to show how much we have sold ourselves to the north due to greed. well, he has given them a clue that they own the oil. what I want them to do now is to block the oil from flowing to the south. for as long as it's mined in the south it belongs to the south. angry angry angry
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by MP007(m): 9:37pm On Jul 02, 2006
yea, what da fuk.? oil to the north? for where? u northerns they craze self, wetin do u people?
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jul 02, 2006
belloti:

Davidylan or whatever you called yourself. Its obvious you have being habouring your anti-north grudge for a long time. i felt so sorry for you. i wish i can help you reverse the situation.

The fact that we live together in naija is an aberration and a costly luggard mistake. we will never get to like each other. but then thats a cross we all have to carry. For all those who see the north as an unwanted burden, i feel your pain, accept my sympathy.

The oil stays where it is but we in the north felt trapped living together with the grumbling southern nuisance. i d rather starve in the desert if i had the choice.

what really is your point in a nutshell? On the side of the north, south or on the fence? You are trapped in the north and yet are tired of the southern nuisance?
Lastly, please don't ever use that " or whatever you call yourself" drivel again in reference to me, whatever transpires on ther religion thread should stay there. You really strike me as a half baked individual.
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by zarah(f): 9:05am On Jul 03, 2006
MP007 now dats exactly what i am talking about!

The said statement was not made by a northerner, But by someone from the deltas, now you say northerner's dey craze!!

It's a pity. dat u find ways of turning the tables everytime, if odogwu makes a silly statement,(it is becos he is babangida's in-law), if the gov't in lagos is bad (it is the north),if obj is stealing (it is cos the north put him there), if ph is not developed (it is cos of umar dikko & co). the north is blamed for every one of your predicaments, but how can you as educated and sharp individuals let anyone have dat kind of power over you? so wat i ask myself is, who stopped any of you from carrying guns to overthrow governments?

Davidylan u say the oil in the west isn't being tapped becos the northern leeches will come and steal the money! Are u guys dat weak, dammn

But i must infact stress dat if nigeria as a whole could once survive on G/nuts, i am sure a couple of states can. but i doubt if certificates can be soaked like garri. cool
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by ono(m): 11:25am On Jul 03, 2006
Stanech,

Asaba is NOT a PART of the Nigerdelta, Politically, geographically, geologically, or otherwise. So, the[b] illiterate [/b] Asaba Chief, Sonny Okogwu is NOT a Niger Deltan.

blue2, welldone.
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by ono(m): 11:39am On Jul 03, 2006
And you know what folks, I like it the way you North and West folks are clawing at each others face.
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by zarah(f): 12:04pm On Jul 03, 2006
Ono Asaba is the capital of Delta state if i am right! (at least it was the last time i checked), and i agree with you (he) the illeterate Asaba chief must indeed be stupid.

But you know, i dont blame the westerners, they are desperately trying to win favours from the south, (so dat they may take them with them), dats why they blame the north for everything.

But for the North no shakings. worst comes to worst we will dig out our Guns again. grin grin shocked cool tongue embarassed
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by DaHitler(m): 12:08pm On Jul 03, 2006
zarah, dig out your guns, eh? Good luck fighting wars with out a coast line to get shipments from the outside. The North might have won the civil war in the 60s, but that was because the british gave the North 60 percent of the army, the south-west got 10 percent and the East got 15 percent. Right now, things are different. And most of the high caliber machines in the country are in the south and they will continue to import more. If anyone is going to get massacred in a civil war, it would be the North.
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by belloti(m): 2:25pm On Jul 03, 2006
davidylan:

what really is your point in a nutshell? On the side of the north, south or on the fence? You are trapped in the north and yet are tired of the southern nuisance?
Lastly, please don't ever use that " or whatever you call yourself" drivel again in reference to me, whatever transpires on ther religion thread should stay there. You really strike me as a half baked individual.
Davidylan, am sure by now , you should know where i stand. Am surprise you take exception to me using phrases about you, may be its your exclusive preserve. over times i no longer care what language you choose to use in reference to some of us. The Odogwu satement being overstressed here is just another avenue for ethnic and regional muscle flexing. We can decide to ignore the statement and discuss issues of common good if we so desire. i guess some guys like you in particular, felt they had some scores to settle. Thats i see as a negative and futile exercise.
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by Jakumo(m): 3:06pm On Jul 03, 2006
Just because amateur geologist Chief Sunny Odogoon wrapped up his formal education in kindergarten and acquired all his wealth through his sister by virtue of her marriage to Nigeria's most prolific embezzler, harsh judgements are being passed in this forum on Odogoons recent ululations about the origin of Nigeria's oil deposits. Consequently I feel duty-bound to set the record straight and counter these unpatriotic attacks by disgruntled elements.

In furtherance of my desire to get my paws into Odogoon's un-earned money stash, I have also propounded a few theories which I am prepared to sell in conjunction with the chief's Universal Law of Migrating Oil Reserves, subsequent to the establishment of my generous consultancy fees.

1. The Tectonic Receding Coastline Theorem :  To counter those who would deny land-locked Northern Nigeria's historical ownership of all Nigerias deep-water ports and shoreline, I will establish through an intricate web of false analogies and geophysical contrivances that Kano was in fact a vacation destination beach city thousands of years ago before South America broke away from the African continent.  Photographs of fossilized surf-boards, sunscreen bottles and shark's teeth excavated by archaeologists in Kano's Old Town will authenticate my claim.

2. Odogoons First Law of Oxygen Translocation :  In order to prove that the very air which much of southern Nigeria breathes exists primarily as a result of the kindness and consideration of northern Nigerias political class, I will demonstrate with simple diagnostic lab apparatus that oxygen is in fact a bye-product from the chemical reductive effect of sunlight on the desert sands of northern Nigeria, and that this vital gas has for eons been delivered to the south of Nigeria by arrays of giant solar-powered fans positioned in the Sahara Desert fringes just north of Maiduguri.

3. Odogoons Theory of Creative Hydrodynamics :  Building on the eminent geologist chiefs postulations on the movement of oil reserves from northern to southern Nigeria, my team of tenured scientists will derive mathematical models that will prove beyond doubt that virtually all the drinking water reserves enjoyed by southern Nigeria flowed in colloidal solution with sand and crude oil on an inexorable southward subterranean Tsunami, and only became available for via rivers and bore-holes after being processed in the Asaba water refineries owned by Chief Odogoon.
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by zarah(f): 6:03pm On Jul 03, 2006
Afeni:

zarah, dig out your guns, eh? Good luck fighting wars with out a coast line to get shipments from the outside. The North might have won the civil war in the 60s, but that was because the british gave the North 60 percent of the army, the south-west got 10 percent and the East got 15 percent. Right now, things are different. And most of the high caliber machines in the country are in the south and they will continue to import more. If anyone is going to get massacred in a civil war, it would be the North.
[color=#006600][/color]

Na lie afeni! Nothing dey happen.
am not talking of civil wars but coups.
you think say the north go rule for so long and not import machines?
o boy live am o and wake up meen!!

u never see how den dey fight for lagos, 2 people go stand for street arguing for 2 hours, using the same old lines who are you my friend? and i will deal with you. but nodoby raises his hands first. for north u slap be4 u talk o, so beware.

Anyway on a lighter note, i was just kidding ok? so draw back the claws.
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by DRANOEL(m): 6:22pm On Jul 03, 2006
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by Chxta(m): 6:55pm On Jul 03, 2006
Interesting articles
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jul 03, 2006
DRANOEL:

oil blah blah blah! check this

www.businessdayonline.com/?c=44&a=6858

www.gasandoil.com//goc/news/nta22877.htm

The earlier oil is struck in the north the better, we can all revert back to our regional govts, let the north and east take their oil and live the west in peace. Less struggle to see who and which region controls aso rock and more about what the individual can do for the country!
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by DRANOEL(m): 7:08pm On Jul 03, 2006
@davidylan

trying to keep your head up in defeat shocked
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jul 03, 2006
DRANOEL:

@davidylan

trying to keep your head up in defeat shocked

What defeat? What are you talking about? I can assure you when the west gets the east and north out of this absurd arrangement called Nigeria, thousands of qualified westerners making Europe and America home will all be too glad to come home and move our "nation" forward. Sadly you have not the human resources to do that, all you'll be relying on is your "oil prospects" in the chad basin.

History has shown that the world's richest nations are not necessarily oil producing nations. Take a look at China, Japan, USA, UK, Germany, it has not been about oil but about human resources.
Dear, an educated citizenry is all it takes to develop a nation. Interesting all the above nations have a literacy rate of at least 99%
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by DRANOEL(m): 7:18pm On Jul 03, 2006
i see you are trying to start another argument grin
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 03, 2006
DRANOEL:

i see you are trying to start another argument grin

which arguement? When facts are stated however unpleasant it suddenly becomes "another argument". You can argue this out with any individual you see fit, i frankly won't bother.
If the north is as "educated" as they make us believe why do we have JAMB, 'unity' schools, federal character commission, quota system, zoning e.t.c.?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

David Mark Hold Off 'No Confidence’ Vote On GEJ / Okupe: Critics Of Jonathan Are Silly Nigerians / Bekwarra/Obudu/Obanliku Federal Constituency: Martha Agba Picks APC Form

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.